Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

We are proud to present the next pleasant surprise for us SPfreakies.

<tell us! tell us now!>

8) The members of SPfreaks.com are allowed to bring in their questions here, our member Sven will pick the best of them and he will send them on to Jimmy and Billy and he will make sure they will be answered in his next SP.com article!

So, bring them in, guys! What you always wanted to know about the Pumpkins (but were afraid to ask)!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Holy FUCK. :shock:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’ll post my question from HU thank you-it’s ever soo important

Besides G.L.O.W. will there be any new songs played at these 20th anniversary shows?

and for shits and giggles…Are you coming to Minneapolis on my b-day for a show on December 7 hint hint- we can barter-I’ll give you my 1987 Cubs baseball cards? lucky sevens Billy :)

Shannen
      Spectator

HOLY *tut* *tut*!

Is there a restriction on the type of questions to be asked? Are personal questions allowed?

Anonymous
      Spectator

HOLY *tut* *tut*!

Is there a restriction on the type of questions to be asked? Are personal questions allowed?[/quote:336mnzty]
      oooh..good question..
      I say yes, but who I am to say..LOL

when is the deadline for asking?

SPfreaks
      Spectator

when is the deadline for asking?[/quote:1b364y3t]
      By Monday Sven will pick some questions. We only got this weekend to bring them in. Sorry, forgot to tell you that.

cool, thanks, i am gonna think up a good one.

Shannen
      Spectator

cool, thanks, i am gonna think up a good one.[/quote:mzhb9my5]

Better prepare a long list of questions so Sven has an option to pick :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Will there be an official SP2 fan club??

amnesia
      Spectator

Hmm.Kinda hard finding some good questions.Ask Billy if he ever thought about writting a autobiography or got any plans for that.I think that would be cool reading about his life and all the good/bad things his been through with the band and outside the band

Anonymous
      Spectator

will we ever hear Jimmy sing??
      (so many questions-i could do this all day)

Will you ever do smaller venues than you have been doing lately?

Will you write a song for me? (joke)

Do you ever get frustrated while writing songs?

What do you dream of?

Shannen
      Spectator

Questions, Questions, Questions:

1) Will there be any plan for a world tour in 2009 and onwards?
      2) Is there any plan of getting Darcy & James Iha to perform together with the band in the tour?
      3) Would SP ever consider to work together with SPfreaks.com and other websites for news updates related to the band?
      4) Has SP ever plan to release a blues or pop single/album in SP way?

Cheers!

Anonymous
      Spectator

will you be participating in the judging of the art contest?

Are you guys done having other bands open for you shows?

Who wrote that intro music that started before the August shows?

(good questions Shannen)

Arthur
      Spectator

I have a few questions also.

1. To Billy: thinking of Smashing Pumpkins Mark I (1987 – 2000), there was a lot of anger, sadness and love in the music and texts. Thinking of Smashing Pumpkins Mark II (2005 – never to go away) there is a lot more love & appreciation shining through… Has the anger part left, if so, what happened that makes you more happy lately?

2. To Jimmy: not many Jazz drummers make a move to an American Gothic band. Alternative rock with intelligent texts is not always their thingy. What makes Jimmy the perfect drummer for the Smashing Pumpkins, and why isn’t he groovin’ around in the Jazz scene instead?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Arthur-can’t you just call him??lol

Anonymous
      Spectator

Billy will you wrestle me?? I’m a girl so be gentle, but I think I could take you..lol
      don’t post that one Sven..lol

blueczarina
      Spectator

hmm… i will have to do some thinking

here is one though- how about \"what ever became of the book/ novel Billy was supposedly working on?\"

or what do you think of our Billy pics thread? :lol: no- please don’t use that one :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

nice one Blue…lol

Sven
      Spectator

guys-

to clear things up-

we @ SPMM will be sending out a small number of questions to the guys in the band.
      we will pick the questions and would love and appreciate all input.
      all in all in the final projected article which will be a collaborative SPMM-item (so not solely mine, mind you) it might turn out several, it might turn out none of our/your questions will / can be featured.
      or answered, so please bear with me in that process – thnx.

also-
      the main focus is on the mayhem of news and releases and tour info and all – the current status so to speak – so keep that in mind – what do you wanna know most NOW at this moment in time about TSP NOW?
      think – current affairs vs lack of info or curious as to band input / statement – somwhere along those lines…

hope this clear things up a little bit-
      i was very very busy when i asked arthur to post this here…
      so might have left out a few bits and pieces – but the above is what i’m looking for: like a long list from you guys from which i will then pick the best ones to propose to the team and then the team will pick the best ones to forward to BC and JC.

thnx a lot.
      you rock – awesome, thnx!
      allthebest-
      sven

Anonymous
      Spectator

Will there be a 20th anniversary DVD put out eventually?

blueczarina
      Spectator

what is the significance of the cover art for If All Goes Wrong?

can we expect to hear any more Pastichio rifts worked into upcoming material?

blueczarina
      Spectator

will the band be mostly using digital outlets to release new material or can the fans look forward to physical releases of new pumpkin material in the future?

Anonymous
      Spectator

besides cd’s will there ever be an actual record album again from SP?

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh yeah- vinyl releases.

vinyl albums are neat

My questions:

What is your favourite new music?

(For Billy) How do you keep your head so shiny?

And… uh. Can’t think of anymore questions.

ok, here is mine

how did you come up with the diffrent themes for the anv tour?

is it \"funner\" (for lack of a better word) to have themes like these, and two night shows that include them, rather than just \"hey we’re here and this is what we are playing\" ?

is it "funner" (for lack of a better word) [/quote:2c8g2qzu]

Try ‘more fun’…

Marcella
      Spectator

Hmm….

Both: What are your feelings towards the Tarantula Box Set novel?

is it "funner" (for lack of a better word) [/quote:rkfncm5g]

Try ‘more fun’…[/quote:rkfncm5g]

but that is so plain, i wanted something wih some "punch" and funner has that, but we can boring it up with more fun. :roll:

how did you come up with the diffrent themes for the anv tour?

is it more fun to have themes like these, and two night shows that include them, rather than just "hey we’re here and this is what we are playing" ?

blueczarina
      Spectator

you could use \"kick ass\" for funner :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Being a 20th Anniversary show, and it only happens once in a lifetime for Smashing Pumpkins, Don’t you want to hit up more cities than what is currently listed? And is it possible?

Pipoka
      Spectator

Hmm.Kinda hard finding some good questions.Ask Billy if he ever thought about writting a autobiography or got any plans for that.I think that would be cool reading about his life and all the good/bad things his been through with the band and outside the band[/quote:3h2f8h5m]

I think this question is great because i read all the "confessions" he wrote at his livejournal, and i really enjoyed reading them… It was a great way to know more things about him, the band and is thoughts about general things in life… so i would question him the same thing

Anonymous
      Spectator

When SP.com launches the new O-board, what are your expectations from your fan base?

oh that is a good question reggae

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Billy

You’ve said that you and Jimmy have another 7 years in you, and that Superchrist was a good example that you could still rock. What happens after 7 years? If you cannot rock, then what? In what capacity do you see yourself involved with music in 10 years?

You’ve stated in the past that John Lennon was the one person you thought was going to make rock and roll sexy as he matured past the Beatles. Do you see yourself as someone who can make this happen in his absence?

Jimmy

Has sobriety helped or hindered your innovative drumming?

After the Jimmy Chamberlain Complex, who else would you like to work with? What would you like to be doing musically in 10 years?

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

1)Are Jeff,Ginger and Lisa going to be part of the ‘studio’ Pumpkins,or are they just part of the live show?

2)Do you think that you would ever share the stage again with the former members of the band(James&D’arcy).Or is the distance between both parties too great to even contemplate?(even for a one-off).

3)Why wasn’t ‘Zeitgeist’ released on vinyl and is there any intention for it to happen?

(I’ve always had the idea of a 5×7” boxset,blue in colour and each vinyl sleeve would be 1 of the 5 cd colours and have 4 tracks.The 5th record would have more bonus tracks).

4)Would i be entitled to royalties as i felt the need to copyright the idea above?Hahahaha :D

Viewing 36 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.