Viewing 135 reply threads
  • Author

mr.benway
      Spectator

I have an idea, just checking if you are with me or not.

I have collected almost all available Smashing Pumpkins concerts that were recorded, it must be like close to 700 in total now. I always love to listen to the looooong epic songs of 10 minutes or longer, with the quiet moments, with the raging moments, with the rants, with the screams, with the guitars, with the drums, with the introspective poetry of Billy… well, there is a lot to enjoy in those songs. What if I pick my best epic live song from each year (1989/1990 till 2000 + 2007 & 2008), and provide a MP3 download here? Would that be appreciated?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Nice idea, A, there’s always performances that are new to somebody and it’s swish seeing what others favour, etc. :)

Could I recommend some versions of Zoom if you have them, they’re super-spandangly. :twisted:

\\m/

Anonymous
      Spectator

OMG yes!!! that would be awesome :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Nice idea, A, there’s always performances that are new to somebody and it’s swish seeing what others favour, etc. :)

Could I recommend some versions of Zoom if you have them, they’re super-spandangly. :twisted:

\\m/[/quote:1dv17c0m]
      Dazey, PLEASE do advice! I begged thou on da nees! 8)

Because it’s a hell of a job, listening to the best version of each year (which mostly come from the booties I guess). Then I want to do:

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year ….

as a download for us to enjoy. Starting with the early years, going up to 2008. Each year 1 song only. One year it can be I Am One, the other year it can be Transmission. Trying to avoid to have the same song twice of course. I think you guys get the picture, so if any of you can advice me here in this topic on a certain date or at least the name of the song, then I would love to check that out.

yep yep, would be greatly apreciated!!

amnesia
      Spectator

Yes sounds like a great idea :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

\\m/[/quote:18217cxk]
      Dazey, PLEASE do advice! I begged thou on da nees! 8)

Because it’s a hell of a job, listening to the best version of each year (which mostly come from the booties I guess). Then I want to do:

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year ….

as a download for us to enjoy. Starting with the early years, going up to 2008. Each year 1 song only. One year it can be I Am One, the other year it can be Transmission. Trying to avoid to have the same song twice of course. I think you guys get the picture, so if any of you can advice me here in this topic on a certain date or at least the name of the song, then I would love to check that out.[/quote:18217cxk]

On your feet, Soldier. :)

I’m upping a nice remastered Zoom to start things off (as I happen to have some goodies to hand).

In future some 2000 shows would be swish, there’s some great versions of Ava Adore and Perfect around, for example. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

OK, we can do more than 1 song per year also, and have them in a random order. :lol:

We just post them in here, with this title (just an example), so every downloader can find it easily:

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1998: Transmission

Anonymous
      Spectator

Sowee to throw a curve ball straight into the grinder. :lol:

Pretend I was never here. :wink:

===

SP’s Zoom – 8th January 1997, Vancouver, Canada:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8fwght

At 4:30 in, turn the volume up waaay loud and rawk awn.

\"Departure time always, arrival time, never.\"

blueczarina
      Spectator

thanks Dazey. :)

this sounds like a neat idea guys. :wink: i always like to hear awesome live audio.

thanks dazey, i will rawk on!!

and arthur, great idea.

Arthur
      Spectator

And here is my epic 1988 download for you guys. The earliest of the early epics, it’s even without Jimmy Chamberlin on drums! It is from that little period of almost a year when they still had a drum machine. Billy even rants a bit about (not) having a drummer in this epic classic.

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1988: Nothing And Everything.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/agove4

(recorded at 1988/08/10 Avalon Chicago, from a tape that Billy Corgan gave to Eric Agnew.)

blueczarina
      Spectator

thanks Arthur. i love that song. :P

Arthur
      Spectator

Last one for today, the live saga continues with 1989! I have always been very fond of this absolute live rarity. Actually I’m hoping this song will get a place on the Gish box set. I’m having my fingers crossed for that…

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1989: Alabaster.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ttim78

(recorded at 1989/04/30 Cabaret Metro Chicago.)

blueczarina
      Spectator

ooh, another. thanks Arthur- downloading it now. :)

amnesia
      Spectator

i never heard about a song called Alabaster.Getting it now.Thanks Arthur :)

thanks arthur. i am dling both now.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ve heard of it, but didn’t have it yet. i keep a print out of a spfc song list and highlight which songs i have so i guess i get to check off another. :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

I really enjoy Transmission as well. I would not mind listing to the 35 min long version of Gossamer,i got the a 24 min version here only and im actually listening to it now as i write this :wink:

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I really like Nothing and Everything but I don’t think i’ve ever heard of Alabaster so I think I’ll download that one. But it might take forever since my computer is extremely slow. :(

Thank you Arthur

manillascissor
      Keymaster

posting this as a caveat:

i’m more into studio, not live, so i won’t be participating. i don’t have much to share or much opinion anyway.

rock on though!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

I really like Nothing and Everything but I don’t think i’ve ever heard of Alabaster so I think I’ll download that one. But it might take forever since my computer is extremely slow. :(

Thank you Arthur[/quote:cykuc5zt]

my computer is slower than shit too so welcome to the club. :? :wink:

i use the orbit downloader though, which i think Dazey suggested awhile back in another thread of goodies. it works good and downloads faster.

Arthur
      Spectator

posting this as a caveat:

i’m more into studio, not live, so i won’t be participating. i don’t have much to share or much opinion anyway.

rock on though!!![/quote:xt8zqc2e]
      You don’t know what you’re missing out on… :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

I really enjoy Transmission as well. I would not mind listing to the 35 min long version of Gossamer,i got the a 24 min version here only and im actually listening to it now as i write this :wink:[/quote:jmz3evyu]
      Transmission will (most probably) be provided in the 1998 post, be patient, we’ll get there. :wink:

And that 30 minutes Gossamer is on my list for 2007 indeed, but there is strong competition…

blueczarina
      Spectator

I really enjoy Transmission as well. I would not mind listing to the 35 min long version of Gossamer,i got the a 24 min version here only and im actually listening to it now as i write this :wink:[/quote:y84uubvq]
      Transmission will (most probably) be provided in the 1998 post, be patient, we’ll get there. :wink:

And that 30 minutes Gossamer is on my list for 2007 indeed, but there is strong competition…[/quote:y84uubvq]

noooo, not Superchrist.

hehe :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

And another live rarity! Not to be found on Mashed Potatoes, that’s why I’m uploading it here. I’m hoping this song will be on the Gish box set also. Hope you like my choices so far?

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1990: Razor.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wz64je

(recorded at 1990/06/16 Club de Wash Madison.)

amnesia
      Spectator

Razor is a great song, i really like it but ivé never heard the version from Club de Wash Madison so imma gonna grab it.Thanks yet again Arthur, and yea your choices are great. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

And another live rarity! Not to be found on Mashed Potatoes, that’s why I’m uploading it here. I’m hoping this song will be on the Gish box set also. Hope you like my choices so far?

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1990: Razor.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wz64je

(recorded at 1990/06/16 Club de Wash Madison.)[/quote:3h7tz86v]

Arthur
      Spectator

:lol: Thanks Dazey!

And onwards we go to 1991 already! It was a hard choice between Siva (many times played with the Kill Your Parents instrumental intro) and Silverfuck. So I give you both, when the Smashing Pumpkins played them straight after each other at the famous Ein Abend In Wien Festival in Rotterdam (The Netherlands **cough, cough**). Not only the Smashing Pumpkins played like hell and did a very remarkable gig, but also because it’s a pretty neat recording, as it is from a Dutch FM radio broadcast.

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Songs Of The Year 1991: Siva & Silverfuck.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o145qt

(recorded at 1991/09/01 De Doelen Rotterdam.)

That’s it for today guys. Probably more this weekend! Stay tuned!

Marcella
      Spectator

I looooooooooooove this thread.

Once this has been finished, can someone put them all in a zip/rar and upload that? I really can’t be bothered to download each individual song…

lazy butt superlord, it would take you less than a minute to dl them.

and thanks arthur, this is a real treat.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i looove this thread too. thanks so much Arthur. :)

and yes, don’t be a lazy butt superlord. :wink: it doesn’t even take me that long to dl them and my computer is slow as molasses.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

are mole’s asses known for being slow? do they travel separate from the mole itself?

blueczarina
      Spectator

are mole’s asses known for being slow? do they travel separate from the mole itself?[/quote:11j7e196]

hehe :lol:

the syrup not the critter :lol: or its bum :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Once this has been finished, can someone put them all in a zip/rar and upload that? I really can’t be bothered to download each individual song…[/quote:3gva3nqt]

hate to say it, but I agree

Arthur
      Spectator

WEEKEND! Let’s celebrate! With a 1992 live rarity that shows the wild & dirty rock ‘n’ roll side of the Pumpkins. You’ve got the whole weekend to enjoy (and most probably also digest) this remarkable piece of Smashing Pumpkins music history. Of course from a gig in Paris, the city of love. And the city of public sex, as Billy experienced. But let’s not spoil the fun beforehand! You are about to hear a 9 minutes epic rock jam that might shock you, text-wise. Do not download when you are the weak of heart.

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1992: I Fucked You In The Eiffel Tower.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0d2ona

(recorded at 1992/09/08 Espace Orano Paris.)

Arthur
      Spectator

I couldn’t leave you behind all dazed and confused about what you just experienced. So I’ll quickly bring in the next amazing live song, and I couldn’t help to pick my most favourite Smashing Pumpkins song in it’s best available quality. Don’t be sad now, but this is what is going to be played at my funeral. Really. When it’s that time. Not too soon I hope, of course! :wink: Anyway, play loud and rock out! Another Smashing Pumpkins treat to us European fans, brought back to the world again here on this forum, here’s Soma from Sweden!

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1993: Soma.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gx81mu

(recorded at 1993/08/24 Melody Stockholm. <= might have been 1 of Dazey’s many boot cd uploads on The Zomb…)

Oh, and you might start looking forward to the next uploads. I just picked them, and they are GOOD! 8)
      I’ll just say \"Starla\" and \"Porcelina\", and you can start longing for tomorrow…

blueczarina
      Spectator

i love Starla. i can’t wait for tomorrow. :P

i’ve never heard this eiffel tour one though. i have to wait until i get home to dl though. sad. 12 hrs of work to go before i can dl sp music. :cry:

thanks arthur, i can’t wait to listen to both. this is a great idea you had.

blueczarina
      Spectator

it was a good idea :)

amnesia
      Spectator

I Fucked You In The Eiffel Tower. Never heard that song before. so ill leech it.Just put Starla and Porcelina up.Starla for Blue and Porcelina for me :twisted: :P
      This topic rox.Thanks grannie. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Just put Starla and Porcelina up.Starla for Blue and Porcelina for me :twisted: :P
      This topic rox.Thanks grannie. :wink:[/quote:3numcqkk]

yes Starla for me. thats one of my all time faves. :P

and yes, thanks gramps :wink: – since 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20 i guess 20 is the new 14- so that makes you the grandpa of the forum. :twisted:

Arthur
      Spectator

Meanwhile I created some artwork for those that want to burn the songs onto cd. I’m going to do that anyway! :lol:

Front inlay, front

Front inlay, back

Back inlay (will be uploaded again with track list, when this thread ends :wink: )

blueczarina
      Spectator

thats neat Arthur :)

amnesia
      Spectator

Very nice artwork.Great job there. :D

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks, done with Paint only. :wink:

I changed the \"Front inlay, front\" a little as I noticed some flaws. The letters were blurry, and there was an annoying white line above D’Arcy’s head. That’s fixed now. And I changed the topic title. :)

I like how black changes to white from front to back, with a colorful mix of pics inbetween.

awesome arthur, as soon as i get more ink i am gonna print that out.

blueczarina
      Spectator

awesome arthur, as soon as i get more ink i am gonna print that out.[/quote:350cqepi]

oh, that reminds me i need to get more ink too. better get that before school.

Arthur
      Spectator

Better wait with downloading & printing till the topic ends at 2008. I’m still changing little things in the artwork.

blueczarina
      Spectator

alright Arthur :wink:

i already saved them, but i can always do it over again.

Arthur
      Spectator

Pics once more updated (most noticable: the back inlay) and also decided about the tracklist of 18 songs. Not completely true, for the year 2000 I still need an awesome & epic live performance. I know many, but I want you guys to help me choose. What song for 2000 should it be?

On a sidenote, together with the 2000 performance, the tracklist will be around 3 and a half hour! :shock: 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

thats a long set Arthur- thats neat though. i can’t wait for the rest. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Arthur
      Spectator

Hahaha! Naah, let’s call it \"inspired\" maybe?

He’s actually right about Budokan Tokyo, that’s an awesome performance (and recording also)!. It’s really high on my list for 2000. But I wondered if somebody else has other options?

blueczarina
      Spectator

wow, thats lame. :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Well, you got me going in this topic! I made a drastic decision. Today I’m going to give you ALL the songs till we reach 2008! On top of the ones you already got, 11 more songs to enjoy, and for some to burn on cd with that artwork I made. I will try to finalize that artwork too. However, I will not be at the pc all the time though, there are other things I need to do today. But every now and then I’ll give you every Smashing Pumpkins live song of my choice till we reach this year, 2008. Oh, by the way, sometimes it was so hard to choose, that I decided to give you a bonus song, or I just fitted an extra song in for some other reason. I’ll come back to that. Prepare for a Smashing Pumpkins Live Music Sunday! 8)

OK, get back to business, Arthur. The next song doesn’t need an introduction. It’s a live favourite of almost all Smashing Pumpkins fans, and they played an orgasmic version in 1994, in the UK. And then listen to Billy ranting at the end of the song… \"You look better with your mouth shut!\" :shock:

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1994: Starla.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gqo7k7

(recorded at 1994/02/25 Astoria Theater, London.)

Arthur
      Spectator

In 1995 the Smashing Pumpkins didn’t play too many gigs. Instead they were busy recording their double disc album Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness. I picked a song from it’s release party in Chicago. Special date, special place, special song!

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1995: Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g64zsi

(recorded at 1995/10/23 Riviera Theater, Chicago.)

Arthur
      Spectator

The Smashing Pumpkins toured intensely in 1996. For many rock ‘n’ roll reasons a remarkable year! One of the finest boots produced for that year is \"Berlin Bullet\", with an amazing setlist, and pretty good quality.

It was my first boot back in the days… :wink:

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1996: Thru The Eyes Of Ruby.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ssbjlk

(recorded at 1996/04/15 Arena, Berlin.)

Arthur
      Spectator

Talking about Dazey, he already provided a teaser earlier on in this topic, of what I would like to call one of rock’s finest live moments EVER. Period. I’m going to give you the Full Monty of Zoom, which was part of a 33 minutes rock medley the Smashing Pumpkins played in Canada. \"Departure time always, arrival time, never.\" Indeed, Dazey. Awesome. It hardly gets more epic as this one…

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Songs Of The Year 1997: The Aeroplane Flies High + Silverfuck + Zoom.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9ilxaj

(recorded at 1997/01/08 GM Place, Vancouver.)

Arthur
      Spectator

Somehow, always when the Smashing Pumpkins tour in Europe, they will do some awesome gigs. And lucky for us fans, they manage to get good recordings of it too! Which reminds me, that we should Thank You! Hats Off To You! the Smashing Pumpkins for their liberal taping policy throughout the years. Not many bands provide us with such a huge treasure box of music, let it be from the studio or from the stage. One of the things I absolutely love about them! So, from one of the 1998 European gigs I choose the live killer Transmission.

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1998: Transmission.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/noso88

(recorded at 1998/05/28 Botanique Gardens, Brussels.)

Arthur
      Spectator

When we think of the 1998 Adore album, we would say it is not that loud, but more moody instead. Now listen to this fucked up, shredded & angry Ava Adore, from one of the few gigs the Smashing Pumpkins did in 1999. This was one of the last performances D’Arcy Wretzky did with them. And meanwhile Jimmy Chamberlin had just returned…

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1999: Ava Adore.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a5fjg2

(recorded at 1999/04/21 Celebrity Theatre, Phoenix.)

Arthur
      Spectator

Now onwards to a more quiet moment in all this rock violence. I just had to fit this one in here. Just to give a full picture of the Smashing Pumpkins. And because I like the song, with its little mistakes, its funny remarks of Billy and because it’s epic in its own little, acoustic way, I decided not to skip it, although we are already provided with a 1999 song above.

The (other) Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 1999: Glass And The Ghost Children (acoustic).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fb9hlo

(recorded at 1999/10/31 Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View.)

Arthur
      Spectator

Afterwards I feel so tremendously sorry that I missed this Dutch concert of the Smashing Pumpkins. It turned out to be one of the best (if not THE BEST) gigs of the whole 2000 European leg, just before they decided to split up at the end of the same year. But I had been before in this venue, and I just didn’t like its acoustics. Boy, am I sorry! :oops: Luckily a professional recording was made for tv broadcast, so I can still enjoy this remarkable gig. Listen to one of the most epic X.Y.U. performances that I know of, where the anger flows into the Blues… Goose bumps!

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 2000: X.Y.U.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/awhp5w

(recorded at 2000/01/24 Muziekcentrum Vredenburg, Utrecht.)

Arthur
      Spectator

Listening to all this Smashing Pumpkins live music, there’s 1 epic song that is being missed big times. Mayonaise. I’m quite sure you will agree with me, right? So when I found it at a 2000 gig in Japan in a pretty good recording quality, I just had to throw it in. Billy forgot to take his cough sirup, which makes this a pretty remarkable performance! :lol:

The (other) Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 2000: Mayonaise.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c324ot

(recorded at 2000/06/30 Budokan, Tokyo.)

Arthur
      Spectator

After a hiatus of a few years the Smashing Pumpkins returned to the worlds’ stages in 2007. Different setting, but more Pumpkins then ever before. New album, new world tours, headlining many festivals again, and many new songs only performed live. I think I make no mistake when I say that Gossamer is one the fans’ favourites. Here is the epic 30+ minutes version!

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 2007: Gossamer.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3rwzp4

(recorded at 2007/07/03 The Orange Peel, Asheville.)

Arthur
      Spectator

And here we have reached 2008. The Smashing Pumpkins have just embarked on a little US August 2008 Tour, with the best setlist since long! What else can I do than pay tribute to this, and give you a pretty good audience recording of an epic Pink Floyd cover?

The Best Epic Smashing Pumpkins Live Song Of The Year 2008: Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hemond

(recorded at 2008/08/08 Adler Theatre, Davenport.)

Last consideration: this was extreme fun creating! However, I can understand that your choices for live songs might have been different. And same here, I could easily have created 3 or 5 of those discs! I tried to focus on the rarities, the epic performances and do justice to the many aspects of this awesome band: Smashing Pumpkins. Let me know what you think of my choices, and maybe in 2009 we will do this again…

SPfreaks’ Epic Live Compilation II 8)

Thanks!
      Arthur

PS the artwork is final! Have fun with it! Here’s the link: http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?p=12694#12694

Awesome. Thanks for compiling all this Arthur. Once someone zips them all, I’ll be sure to download and kill 5 hours with ‘pumpkins :lol:

amnesia
      Spectator

Woohooo.My ISP is going to kill me,my internet line is on fire.Thanks Arthur,you da (old) man!! :wink: :D
      Oh boy,Porcelina, i so love that track.I think its the best one on MCIS, and 30 + min gossamer + other goddies thats posted here.Cant wait to hear them.The artwork rox, love it :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

blueczarina
      Spectator

holy crap Arthur, you’ve been busy. thats awesome though. i can’t wait to dl the rest when i get home. :D

and thanks to Dazey too for throwing in an extra goodie. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

You know what’s funny? While I uploaded all that songs this morning, I burned them on 3 Audio CDs too. They fit nicely! And on my rather pro Denon equipment it sounds like hell! Few tunes need a little \"crank up\" on the volume though. I remember Ava Adore, Gossamer and Set The Controls. But nevertheless, it’s a proud production! I feel like I created Mashed Potatoes II! 8) :wink:

Thanks so much for all the work arthur, it is really great. i am downloading them now, i just finished glass and the ghost children. this is really neat. can’t wait to burn them to a disk, and put it on my mp3 player.

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks so much for all the work arthur, it is really great. i am downloading them now, i just finished glass and the ghost children. this is really neat. can’t wait to burn them to a disk, and put it on my mp3 player.[/quote:318qxeqh]
      Thanks bullet (and the rest of course!), it was really fun doing it. Tell me please what you think of the whole set, after you listened. I think it’s awesome, but I’m not neutral in this… :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

well it sounds like an epic set although i haven’t listened to them all yet. :P

Arthur
      Spectator

Let’s have all downloads together in 1 post, for everybody’s convenience. 8)

The link to this post is: http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?p=12762#12762

SPfreaks Epic Live Compilation I.rar: http://www.sendspace.com/file/by6owe
      SPfreaks Epic Live Compilation II.rar: http://www.sendspace.com/file/w5skfd
      SPfreaks Epic Live Compilation (artwork): http://www.sendspace.com/file/6emxfk

The booklet needs to be printed @ 240 mm x 120 mm & folded to fit inside a jewelcase.
      The back inlay needs to be printed @ 150 mm x 117,50 mm, then folded 6,5 mm from the sides, to fit inside a jewelcase.

Example of the (beta) artwork:

Tracklist of this compilation

01. Nothing And Everything 08:21 (1988/08/10 Avalon, Chicago (US))
      02. Alabaster 08:02 (1989/04/30 Cabaret Metro, Chicago (US))
      03. Razor 04:38 (1990/06/16 Club de Wash, Madison (US))
      04. Siva 10:54 (1991/09/01 De Doelen, Rotterdam (NL))
      05. Silverfuck 06:40 (1991/09/01 De Doelen, Rotterdam (NL))
      06. I Fucked You In The Eiffel Tower 09:04 (1992/09/08 Espace Orano, Paris (FR))
      07. Soma 06:57 (1993/08/24 Melody, Stockholm (SE))
      08. Starla 08:49 (1994/02/25 Astoria Theater, London (UK))
      09. Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans 09:08 (1995/10/23 Riviera Theater, Chicago (US))
      10. Thru The Eyes Of Ruby 08:08 (1996/04/15 Arena, Berlin (DE))
      11. The Aeroplane Flies High + Silverfuck + Zoom 33:32 (1997/01/08 GM Place, Vancouver (CA))
      12. Transmission 20:51 (1998/05/28 Botanique Gardens, Brussels (BE))
      13. Ava Adore 06:23 (1999/04/21 Celebrity Theatre, Phoenix (US))
      14. Glass And The Ghost Children (acoustic) 08:27 (1999/10/31 Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View (US))
      15. X.Y.U. 10:17 (2000/01/24 Vredenburg, Utrecht (NL))
      16. Mayonaise 06:10 (2000/06/30 Budokan, Tokyo (JP))
      17. Gossamer 33:57 (2007/07/03 The Orange Peel, Asheville (US))
      18. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun* 18:20 (2008/08/08 Adler Theatre, Davenport (US))

* Pink Floyd cover.

Enjoy!
      Arthur

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha :lol: you did it. thats cool though. :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

Thats just awesome.Excellent work Arthur.Well for an old fart you do surprise me every now and then :P :wink:

thanks arthur, great work.

Arthur
      Spectator

haha :lol: you did it. thats cool though. :wink:[/quote:2b93vezl]
      Not for the lazy bum members however. Because I also think they are spoiled rotten kids that shouldn’t even bother about this topic. Sometimes I can just only frown, shake my old head and be slightly shocked about the bad influence of the non-spanking policy. Where are we going with this world? :shock:

No, I needed a 1 page upload to link to from the homepage of SPfreaks.com. I wrote a little SPfreaks News article for the guests about this download. So, the lazy bum members got what they wanted anyway… Lucky them! :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

No, I needed a 1 page upload to link to from the homepage of SPfreaks.com. I wrote a little SPfreaks News article for the guests about this download. So, the lazy bum members got what they wanted anyway… Lucky them! :lol:[/quote:3adxa4h8]

yeah, i just saw that stuff on the front page. :wink: and yes, the lazy bums got what they wanted. :lol:

Yeah, I got bored and eventually downloaded them individually…

OH WELL

Also, couldn’t you have used something other than paint for the covers? It’s just that it all looks… well, bit unprofessional. No cover to anything should have aliased fonts :(

blueczarina
      Spectator

Yeah, I got bored and eventually downloaded them individually…

OH WELL

Also, couldn’t you have used something other than paint for the covers? It’s just that it all looks… well, bit unprofessional. No cover to anything should have aliased fonts :([/quote:38eh02xi]

oh come now superlord :lol: can’t Arthur win on anything :wink:

oh come now superlord :lol: can’t Arthur win on anything :wink:[/quote:2i3adxxn]

No! He’s the admin, he’s not allowed to win. It’s against the rules.

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh come now superlord :lol: can’t Arthur win on anything :wink:[/quote:2nsg0peb]

No! He’s the admin, he’s not allowed to win. It’s against the rules.[/quote:2nsg0peb]

aww, poor Arthur :lol: :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

Yea.Poor Arthur :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Also, couldn’t you have used something other than paint for the covers? It’s just that it all looks… well, bit unprofessional. No cover to anything should have aliased fonts :([/quote:3bu86znq]
      3 things.

-Copyright issues
      -First cheap obscure underground SPfreaks production
      -Will be worth 100’s of dollars in 25 years or so, mark my words

So far I have found no reasons to go against these rules. You loose, Superlord. Be my guest to try it again next time.

Arthur
      Spectator

Oops, I need to apologize to you Superlord. I rechecked a little on the artwork, and under a certain angle of my laptop screen it shows clearly that printing will go terribly wrong, with lots of blurry stuffs everywhere. That is too cheap, even for me! Funny thing is, that isn’t visible when the screen is standing straight up. Geezz, I didn’t realize that Paint does such things!

I’ll try to redo it tonight. It will be low resolution anyway, but what software would you advice to use Superlord?

<edit> Better idea, if I send the original pics to you Superlord, could you create this same artwork? I remember you have quite the pro software that is needed for such job. I did it in just 15-20 minutes, I guess it would be same job for you? You can credit yourself on the inside then, if you like. :wink:

Oops, I need to apologize to you Superlord. I rechecked a little on the artwork, and under a certain angle of my laptop screen it shows clearly that printing will go terribly wrong, with lots of blurry stuffs everywhere. That is too cheap, even for me! Funny thing is, that isn’t visible when the screen is standing straight up. Geezz, I didn’t realize that Paint does such things!

I’ll try to redo it tonight. It will be low resolution anyway, but what software would you advice to use Superlord?[/quote:77vqy64p]

Photoshop, Fireworks etc. Although PS you have to pay for, and FW has been discontinued…

Use the GIMP instead. I mentioned it in another thread, it’s free.

And make sure you save the files as a PNG. It’s lossless quality. It’s really a useful format.

Arthur
      Spectator

OK, thanks.

<new images will be provided shortly>

ok, i will check later.

Anonymous
      Spectator

what am I downloading? I don’t see any artwork-although it goes back to the age old question,what am I downloading-I was a lazy bum and didn’t read the whole thread…

Arthur
      Spectator

what am I downloading? I don’t see any artwork-although it goes back to the age old question,what am I downloading-I was a lazy bum and didn’t read the whole thread…[/quote:1y48uim2]
      You triple lazy bum! Keep an eye on this post. Bookmark it, for gods sake! Learn it by head even! Geezz!! :evil:

http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?p=12762#12762 <= this one here

^^ yes that one

Arthur
      Spectator

No offence Reggaeluv2000. I love you, in a SPfreaky way. Muah! :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

LOL…why you gotta be a smartass..lol
      where the hell is the artwork people are yippin’ about with this-although I only downloaded it and haven’t transferred it…Thanks for the SPfreaky love..right back at you in a SPfreaky way :)

Oh wait these are the downloads me and Superlord decided we were too busy to download each file..now I feel like a DUH dank a dank…
      You rock…almost as much as SP-that’s almost Arthur;)

Arthur
      Spectator

OK, artwork is back. It’s still made in Paint, but completely redone in much higher resolution. PNG was not used, it only blows up the filesize, it made no obvious difference in printing quality, so I used da good ol’ JPG format again. Also I connected both pages of the booklet together. What I noticed was that the old artwork (beta version :wink: ) was still pretty good when being printed. There is obviously quite a difference between a laptop screen and a print from a laserprinter. The laserprinter wins big times! Weird. But cool.

Anyway, please go back here:

http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?p=12762#12762

to download the artwork now. And I hope you have fun with this Smashing Pumpkins live compilation! Let me know what you think OK? I have been playing these songs for days and days in a row now! :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Meanwhile I printed the new artwork, and I think it looks awesome. Hope you agree. Here’s the scans of my actual 3CD set.

amnesia
      Spectator

That artwork rox. I really like. Im actually hearing the Epic Live Compilation now. :wink:

must say……….. i do love i fucked you in the eiffiel tower.

correction: the song you call \"zoom\" is actually called \"space jam\". \"zoom\" is a different song.

http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/song … ong_id=207
      http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/song … ong_id=454

Arthur
      Spectator

I don’t know if I really should be stubborn about this. I agree, everywhere it’s called Space Jam, as the riff of Space Jam (Pastichio Medley) is used in this song. I don’t know about the Zoom riff of Pastichio Medley to be honest. But at the end of Silverfuck, around 22:30, this next part of the live medley is clearly & repeatedly introduced as Zoom. That’s why I like to call it Zoom anyway. Please tell me where do I go wrong?

But at the end of Silverfuck, around 22:30, this next part of the live medley is clearly & repeatedly introduced as Zoom.[/quote:2ocpppn5]
      what exactly do you mean with "clearly and repeatedly introduced as zoom"?

Arthur
      Spectator

Between 22:25 and 22:37 (on my WinAmp player at least) Billy says \"ksss zoom zoom zoom ksss ksss ksss ksss\" after the end of Silverfuck and during the begintune of the next part.

i don’t think you should call a song zoom when you know that it’s space jam and that zoom is actually a different song (see: pastichio medley).

i haven’t heard the ksss ksss zoom zoom, but this doesn’t seem a good reason for me.
      or we could start calling stumbleine ruby from now on (\"come around, ruby, i could never sleep alone\"). do you like that idea?

of course, it’s just a song title, bla bla. no biggie.

i just think it’s a bit confusing and it can easily be avoided.

Arthur
      Spectator

Gonna be stubborn about it a little anyway. I just listened to both the Zoom riff and the Space Jam riff from Pastichio Medley, and I’m pretty sure they both come back in this last piece of music played at GM Place, Vancouver. SPFC labels the text \"hey little girl, where you been today\" etc. to Space Jam, but why did they do that? Why didn’t they label the text to Zoom? Is there a source for that decision?

Again, Billy clearly says 3 times Zoom at the start. Listen, please. I’m in for a little history rewritten thingy going on here. Unless a good source for the text comes up of course.

blueczarina
      Spectator

shame, shame :wink:

hehe, i think you need to get an exterminator Arthur to shoo away all the Pissants in this thread. its kick ass music- thats all i care about. :P

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

shame, shame :wink:

hehe, i think you need to get an exterminator Arthur to shoo away all the Pissants in this thread. its kick ass music- thats all i care about. :P[/quote:3cr3cxhy]

Couldn’t agree more. :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

The \"Zoom Legend\" as I know it ‘thus far’:

Billy Corgan stated in an interview (I forget which one now :roll: ) that various people adopted the name \"Space Jam\" and allegedly Mr C. left them to do so, as it is/was, \"Pretty cool sounding…\"

Another story I’ve heard over time (I believe this is the most common one) was that a \"Source close to the band confirmed it’s named Space Jam.\" Nobody’s confirmed this publicly afaik, including ‘ol Billy himself.

My upload track was from a professional Sound Engineer’s remaster who had known and proven links to the band, rather than ‘supposed.’

Due to the interview statement and my track’s source, I’m 100% happy that Zoom’s the true title for this little gem and won’t change my mind until Corgie Boy says differently. :)

Billy Corgan stated in an interview (I forget which one now :roll: ) that various people adopted the name "Space Jam" and allegedly Mr C. left them to do so, as it is/was, "Pretty cool sounding…"[/quote:2ceg339d]
      this argument seems very light or even false to me. this is why:

"Pastichio Medley"
      This is our growing infamous riff collection of practically, but not almost, every idea that was attempted for Mellon Collie that didn’t even make B-sides status. I sorted through hundreds of hours of rehearsal and album tapes, and kind of randomly ran small bits all together to create a pastiche of madness. The original titles were all used. [/quote:2ceg339d] this implies that space jam is how they called it at the time they recorded it for pastichio medley. i assume this was during the rehearsals for mellon collie (march ’95?). so it’s not like fans heard the song live and decided to call it space jam and then billy agreed with that name because he liked it.

also, space jam is how it’s called in the liner notes of the zero single and this was released in april ’96. do you think people already called it space jam before then? i personally doubt it.

Between 22:25 and 22:37 (on my WinAmp player at least) Billy says "ksss zoom zoom zoom ksss ksss ksss ksss" after the end of Silverfuck and during the begintune of the next part.[/quote:jk47hlyv]

i listened to it. i hear tsss tsss tsssm tsssm. doesn’t sound like zoom zoom at all to me. even if you wish to continue to believe that this track is/should be called zoom, i think you should scrap this pro argument from your list.

the riff in the beginning is clearly space jam from pastichio medley. i personally don’t hear any zoom in there. before it goes into bury me, they start varying, but not to a point where it starts resembling zoom from pastichio medley. if any musician wants to back me up, or prove me wrong, please do so. i’m just listening with uneducated ears. (but i’ve been listening very closely, and many times.)

Another story I’ve heard over time (I believe this is the most common one) was that a "Source close to the band confirmed it’s named Space Jam." Nobody’s confirmed this publicly afaik, including ‘ol Billy himself.

My upload track was from a professional Sound Engineer’s remaster who had known and proven links to the band, rather than ‘supposed.'[/quote:39n0sicr]
      i don’t understand why anyone has to confirm it though. everyone with pastichio medley and its "tracklist" can figure out for themselves that it’s space jam.

there used to be some confusion about this, apparently because people broke up pastichio medley incorrectly. so zoom got spread around on many bootlists, before someone pointed out that this song was called space jam.
      i think this is probably where your source got his name from.

i also think it’s quite impressive that the zoom mistake is still alive. maybe a lot of people aren’t aware of the names of the clips in pastichio medley and think that "space jam" is just a name someone invented for an unknown jam? and are more than happy to adopt "zoom" as a new and correct song title?

Arthur
      Spectator

:lol: , I just realised Dazey’s on pills this time of the week, I’m sure he must have been mixing things up too!

ksss Space Jam Space Jam Space Jam ksss ksss ksss ksss, that is exactly what Billy is saying, I hear it now too.

Silly me. I should stop with the mushrooms I guess… Sorry Cool As Ice Cream, we must have kept you away from way more important things… ;)

amnesia
      Spectator

Silly me. I should stop with the mushrooms I guess;)[/quote:9tfg8iz8]

You still eating mushrooms.How many times have i told you allready.Stop eating mushrooms if you dont want to share them. :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Eye G.L.O.W. M.U.S.H.R.O.O.M.S. in the Eiffel Tower! :twisted:

amnesia
      Spectator

Eye G.L.O.W. M.U.S.H.R.O.O.M.S. in the Eiffel Tower! :twisted:[/quote:1fi73kiw]

Sure you do :lol:

Silly me. I should stop with the mushrooms I guess;)[/quote:320ckaaw]

You still eating mushrooms.How many times have i told you allready.Stop eating mushrooms if you dont want to share them. :lol:[/quote:320ckaaw]

that’s what i’m talking about.

Pipoka
      Spectator

I know i’m late… but…

Arthur this is amazing!

thanks! :D

😆 , I just realised Dazey’s on pills this time of the week, I’m sure he must have been mixing things up too!

ksss Space Jam Space Jam Space Jam ksss ksss ksss ksss, that is exactly what Billy is saying, I hear it now too.

Silly me. I should stop with the mushrooms I guess… Sorry Cool As Ice Cream, we must have kept you away from way more important things… ;)[/quote:24s4nskr]

i bet he wanted to smack you through the computer, or give you another cold at least.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i see all the shrooms have brought this thread back to silliness. :lol:

ksss Space Jam Space Jam Space Jam ksss ksss ksss ksss, that is exactly what Billy is saying, I hear it now too. [/quote:3ijw3zmt]
      heh. lol, i guess. :?

i was being serious though. no way he’s saying "zoom".

Anonymous
      Spectator

I like the red ones and the blue ones and the blue ones and the red ones – if only I knew which ones to take. :?

I know i’m late… but…

Arthur this is amazing!

thanks! :D[/quote:1tfq1pjk]

AND

i know i am REALLY late, but thank you Arthur!

i need to take more time to start looking through each thread!

:oops: i gotta admit this site was a bit overwhelming to me at first, because there are so many threads.

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks guys, it was fun doing. Next one is in the making, to be \"released\" in February. Stay tuned for…

SPfreaks’ Metal Live Compilation!

Thread for your suggestions will be started right after this.

blueczarina
      Spectator

:oops: i gotta admit this site was a bit overwhelming to me at first, because there are so many threads.[/quote:1gtinxtd]

that’s because we talk too much :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

that’s because we talk too much :lol:[/quote:1c5tc5qf]
      Oh really? :lol:

I calculated that we, with 15 active members, post just as much per day as thepumpkins.net with 50 active members. :roll:

guess we like each other better than they do :lol:

awww *hugs everyone*

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s because we talk too much :lol:[/quote:37tiol08]

I calculated that we, with 15 active members, post just as much per day as thepumpkins.net with 50 active members. :roll:[/quote:37tiol08]

heck yeah we do! :lol:

U
      Spectator

What is \"I Fucked You in teh Eiffel Tower\"?

Why nothing from 2000/12/02?

Anonymous
      Spectator

that’s because we talk too much :lol:[/quote:26nho6mq]

I calculated that we, with 15 active members, post just as much per day as thepumpkins.net with 50 active members. :roll:[/quote:26nho6mq]

heck yeah we do! :lol:[/quote:26nho6mq]
      That’s because we Rock!! 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

What is "I Fucked You in teh Eiffel Tower"?

Why nothing from 2000/12/02?[/quote:1a9t5y1c]
      Arthur? Manilla? Anyone?
      I’ve heard of this too, but my mind is not on think mode

U
      Spectator

http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tsp1992-09-08

Drown
      Iha: That song is of course from a film called ‘Singles’, it’s based on the life of Matt Dillon. That was called ‘Theme From Eddie Vedder’… I should learn how to speak French I suppose
      Corgan: You would never wear dresses
      Iha: Je suis un grunge
      Corgan: Je suis possant. This is called ‘I Fucked You In The Eiffel Tower’
      Ah yeah, c’mon baby give me what I want… boujour, hello … avec moi, avec ??
      Siva[/quote:2pjokum3]

This is more of the same hoo-haa that went with Zoom/Space Jam

:|

Arthur
      Spectator

Re-upload for those that missed it the first time!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5d48dv (part I)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aqedul (part II + artwork)

Enjoy! 8)

what is that?

the other one you did arthur, including i fucked you in the effiel tower?

never mind i looked and saw, and yes it is. sorry

mr.benway
      Spectator

Re-upload for those that missed it the first time!
      (…)
      Enjoy! 8)[/quote:3019qvwv]

Thanks a million for this one too!
      This is a really ‘epic’ sunday. :D

Viewing 135 reply threads

The forum ‘Trading Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.