Viewing 44 reply threads
  • Author

fredouille
      Spectator

July 23rd:
      http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/albums/ … h-reissue/

Some of my favourite obscure tracks on here – awesome!

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

This looks amazing!

Looking forward to the vinyl!

Spag
      Spectator

Exciting! I didn’t expect this much bonus material.

Sven
      Spectator

amazing tracklist; official release of DD show material, a full set of the amazing 97 festival shows, stunning bonus amount and track, can’t wait :)

Sven
      Spectator

plus: a lot of the TAFH-songs on vinyl for ths very first time, plus PM with fades :)

King of Gloom
      Spectator

The artwork looks awesome! Really looking forward to this one :)

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

This is the cheapest CD version I’ve found so far.

Not bad at £61.08.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aeroplane-Flies … flies+high

All the vinyl versions seem very expensive.Mybe amazon are trying to recoup their mistake from the MCIS vinyl. :)

Its a good price considering mellon collie. I got my preorder in yesterday to lock the priceincase it rises, which i dont think it will now, but who knows

Arthur
      Spectator

This is the cheapest CD version I’ve found so far. Not bad at £61.08.[/quote:1gql2po4]
      Price has changed to £63.02 :?
      But indeed, not bad. Most other places, even Amazon in other countries, ask a lot more.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Anyone seen the vinyl at reasonable price?

Sven
      Spectator

yeah let’s compare and wait and see…
      it’s gonna and gotta go down, but it’s a lot of vinyl so that price might be and remain a little steep…

as far as i know, the mcis vinyl reissue still hasn’t gone down in price.

looks like it’s gone up on amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mellon-Collie-I … B008Z9L94O £181 now. haha.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i bought my second copy of the mcis reissue vinyl for less than $40 perhaps a month ago from amazon.ca

ah, you paid more than me.

the european mcis vinyl reissue still is massively overpriced though. and i also thought it had to come down, but it still hasn’t. same for the (cd+dvd) deluxe edition, by the way.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, i still don’t have the CD box set. would really like to hear those songs!

geofolkers
      Spectator

Cheapest ive seen it.
      http://bit.ly/136s1en

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah, even Amazon Canada increased the prices for MCIS reissue vinyl and cd/dvd drastically. :(

Glad I bought them on the right moment!

Q101 Machina II came in the post from, some pumpkins, i love it a bit too much :)

Arthur
      Spectator

I love it how this topic is derailing! :lol:

alladnzane
      Spectator

Q101 Machina II came in the post from, some pumpkins, i love it a bit too much :)[/quote:3j5t3mmj]
      :::: AND YOU WILL LOVE THE SOUND ::::

Arthur
      Spectator

Q101 Machina II came in the post from, some pumpkins, i love it a bit too much :)[/quote:2pv2wm37]
      :::: AND YOU WILL LOVE THE SOUND ::::[/quote:2pv2wm37]
      I played cd 1 a few days ago, and found myself blown away by "satur9". :)

Q101 Machina II came in the post from, some pumpkins, i love it a bit too much :)[/quote:i1af7p9b]
      :::: AND YOU WILL LOVE THE SOUND ::::[/quote:i1af7p9b]

Im scared to play incase my cd player destroys it some how lol i would love to though

Oops wrong thread, just realised

Im scared to play incase my cd player destroys it some how lol i would love to though[/quote:1h4emhp5]
      please tell me you are joking. :shock:

marigold
      Spectator

I love it how this topic is derailing! :lol:[/quote:6uh6nlvv]

Back on topic!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlbEUDtnVlU[/youtube]

Im scared to play incase my cd player destroys it some how lol i would love to though[/quote:1jjn6onn]
      please tell me you are joking. :shock:[/quote:1jjn6onn]

Im serious, i dont wanna play any of my cool stuff out of fear. But i will give machina ii a whirl tomorrow and see how it goes lol

Sven
      Spectator

Im scared to play incase my cd player destroys it some how lol i would love to though[/quote:1ydoqgyb]
      please tell me you are joking. :shock:[/quote:1ydoqgyb]

Im serious, i dont wanna play any of my cool stuff out of fear. But i will give machina ii a whirl tomorrow and see how it goes lol[/quote:1ydoqgyb]

That’s nonsense…

A properly calibrated record player can’t do any damage unless you play a record for hours on end.
      For a cd player to damage your cd’s you’ve got to have a really dodgy player with a rusty nail instead of a lasrer pick-up…

What I always did and still do, also with the demo tapes is PLAY them; I don’t collect sound carriers i.e.: records, cds, tapes to just look at them… Imagine how much different the NCIS cd sounds from the radically better vinyl and just try to imagine the massive upgrade with the re-releases… same goes for the different versions of M2…

Good ahead and give it all a listen… :)
      As long as you’re not too pissed to misplace or damage items when taking them out of covers, cases or whatever you’re bound to be totally fine…

Ok, time to get back on topic with this thread: the TAFH reissue.

Has anyone bought this yet?

I was wondering, for both the Deluxe Edition (cds+dvd) and the LPs, do they have two releases again? One made in the US (sold in the US and in Canada), and one made in Europe (sold in the EU, Japan, elsewhere)?
      This was the case for the Pisces Iscariot and Mellon Collie reissues. But for Gish and Siamese Dream, everything was made in the US (and the cds were pressed in Mexico, actually).

I’d like to know the answer, and I’d like to see it confirmed.
      Could everyone who already owns one or more TAFH reissue copies check where they were made, and let us know?
      Information of interest: what do you have (cd+dvd, or lp?), in which country did you buy it, and where was it made?

Also, has anyone found this for a reasonable price?
      This seems to be as ridiculously priced as that Mellon Collie reissue, but now there isn’t even a huge booklet, or a decoupage kit. I don’t understand this, really. Why?

On the EU based amazons, right now the cheapest Deluxe Edtion is €79.99 (amazon.de) or £68.04 (€78.91) (amazon.co.uk), and the cheapest LP set is €139.99 (amazon.fr).
      On the North American amazons, the cheapest Deluxe edition is $85.23 (€63.71) (amazon.com), and the cheapest LP set is CDN$119.99 (€85.32) (amazon.ca).

Now those American prices seem just doable, but they won’t be after import taxes have been added. The European prices are a lot higher. Again, why?

Also, I’ve checked some shops here, and none of them were carrying this reissue. Maybe they know this won’t sell at the price that has been set by EMI?

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Bought both cd+dvd and LP from Amazon UK.

Both distributed by Amazon EU.

Both made in US.

Cd+dvd £62.56.

Lp £104.55.

Hope this helps.

Both made in US.[/quote:3r0mbeh7]
      well, that’s interesting. thanks!

would there be a specific reason they went back to making all deluxe editions and vinyl sets in one place?

and what do you mean by "both distributed by amazon EU"? is there any way to tell, when you have the two sets in your hands? (i guess not.)

Arthur
      Spectator

I didn’t buy it yet, because I’m hoping for lower prices later for both the cd/dvd set and the vinyl. I’ve been checking the Japanese market a little for a local release, but no luck so far.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

same here. have not bought anything yet. too pricey. you do get a lot, but, well, i’m not made of $$$

manillascissor
      Keymaster

same here. have not bought anything yet. too pricey. you do get a lot, but, well, i’m not made of $$$

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Both made in US.[/quote:87lxqr4m]
      well, that’s interesting. thanks!

would there be a specific reason they went back to making all deluxe editions and vinyl sets in one place?

and what do you mean by "both distributed by amazon EU"? is there any way to tell, when you have the two sets in your hands? (i guess not.)[/quote:87lxqr4m]

Possibly they were made in the same place due to demand/copies made. I would probably assume the TAFH was a smaller run than say SD and MCIS(maybe not).

As far as the distribution process,I’m not sure either.On my order from Amazon UK,it stated on the invoice that both items were distributed by Amazon EU. This makes me think that if there were only US versions,then it would be known that there would be a demand in Europe,therefore the EU site has a number allocated to them for Europe(of the US release),who then sends out the items on behalf of the UK site,possibly?

marigold
      Spectator

The cheapest CD/DVD here is $163 – Eur 95 :? – via an online store – have not seen the CD/DVD in stores at all.

The LP I saw in store was a US release ($260) – I think we only had the EU release for the Gish, SD, PI remastered CDs.

Apparently it is too expensive to ship the EU releases of the LPs /CD-DVDs here, so the stores order them all from the US.

Spag
      Spectator

Bought the cd & vinyl version at Amazon.com, and even with import duties the total price was lower (almost 100 bucks) than in any Dutch store. Unfortunately though, the vinyl box was damaged during transport so I have to send it back :-(

In my local music shop (which is pretty good) they decided not to sell the reissues, because they’re so expensive that they think no one would be interested (which is probably true).

marigold
      Spectator

In my local music shop (which is pretty good) they decided not to sell reissues, because they’re so expensive that they think no one would be interested (which is probably is).[/quote:2lpg7k19]

I think that’s what has happened here, and the few vinyls are just there for collectors.

Bought both cd+dvd and LP from Amazon UK.

Both distributed by Amazon EU.

Both made in US.

Cd+dvd £62.56.

Lp £104.55.

Hope this helps.[/quote:pm3z6rcl]
      does the dvd have that german FSK logo?

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I don’t see any logo. What does it look like?

http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … item=12305
      \"fsk ab 0 freigegeben\"

that gish bonus dvd was also american, but when sold in europe, it usually had that german age logo.
      so i was expecting the same thing for the tafh bonus dvd.

can you post matrix codes for the tafh deluxe edition? i’d be interested in those.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Not too sure what to post,but here goes.

Front of dvd-

B0018549-00 DV01

Rear-

IFPI L322

DVSS-5145820A1

A02

Hope this helps.

yes, that helps. thanks.

geofolkers
      Spectator

I’m somewhat suprised that we (spfreaks) haven’t located and made contacts with the people and places pressing these albums. Is this info guarded by labels?

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

If anyone is still waiting to pick up this LP boxset, amazon.ca (Canada) has this listed at $59.99CAD.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

If anyone is still waiting to pick up this LP boxset, amazon.ca (Canada) has this listed at $59.99CAD.[/quote:33qw441a]

actually, yes, thanks!

but still, not yet. :(

fredouille
      Spectator

thank you very much Mirrorboxer!

the box is mine now !

next : adore…

Viewing 44 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.