Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

link from sp.com the uncut hour that was shown last night on canadian tv, that most of us don’t have so here is the address, watch and enjoy kids.

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/videos.html?id=996704482

ok, just finished watching it, good interview, but i am a little disapointed that they are thinking no albums.

but whatever they do i know it will be good.

Anonymous
      Spectator

this was such an awesome interview! My favorite part was all of it 8)

Danni
      Spectator

Neat interview!

\"….That’s why everyone is looking like f***ing lizards!\"
      Ha ha! I think William has got a point there. :lol:

i geussed that he was talking about axle.

so jimmy’s name is in fact \"chamberlin\" and not \"chamberlain\", according to billy.

what was your theory, arthur? didn’t you think it was \"chamberlain\"?

Pipoka
      Spectator

so jimmy’s name is in fact "chamberlin" and not "chamberlain", according to billy.

what was your theory, arthur? didn’t you think it was "chamberlain"?[/quote:1ya2qrjp]

i thought they were talking about how it is pronounced and not how it is written :roll:

Anonymous
      Spectator

pip they said it was printed wrong I thought? I don’t know..it was so early when I watched it.
      I liked the part about punching the dude for his status comment :lol: Go Billy!
      Also when he was imitating a fan and their whining-he sounded so funny

Marcella
      Spectator

Cool interview. I think we can’t be blame for being silly when Billy is way sillier than we’ll ever be, seriously! :lol: Couldn’t stop laughing when he was imitating the fan. *blogblog*

I have to disagree with Billy, though, about that \"put only your favorite songs on your ipod\" . I do carry a playlist ’round in my iPod, but when I want to listen to an artist, especially one I like a lot, I like taking the whole discography and listening to the full albums. I really hope they don’t o that just 2 or 3 songs a year thing, but I guess I just should be grateful to be getting that at least.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i disagree with the ipod thing too Marcella.

its not uncommon for me to listen to full albums, demos, etc. usually for the bands i like i want all of that and i carry it with me. heck sometimes if i have to stay up late (as in all night) to finish an art project i often just pick a band and listen to all their stuff- full albums, b-sides from singles, demos etc. it keeps me awake and i like the music.

Danni
      Spectator

Cool interview. I think we can’t be blame for being silly when Billy is way sillier than we’ll ever be, seriously! :lol: Couldn’t stop laughing when he was imitating the fan. *blogblog*

I have to disagree with Billy, though, about that "put only your favorite songs on your ipod" . I do carry a playlist ’round in my iPod, but when I want to listen to an artist, especially one I like a lot, I like taking the whole discography and listening to the full albums. I really hope they don’t o that just 2 or 3 songs a year thing, but I guess I just should be grateful to be getting that at least.[/quote:26feb1vt]
      Oh yeah, absolutely me too. My mp3 (it ain’t even an Ipod) is always filled with the "Mashed Potatoes" cds and a lot of early great stuff.

It’s silly of him to judge everyone the same way.

omg, me too. i have the whole mashed potatoes on my mp3 as well as all of thier albums and many many b-sides, i will often just listen to a whole album. lately i have been listing to alot of zietgiest.

Tion
      Spectator

its quite sad if billy thinks fans dont listen to all songs….
      we love all of them, dont we?
      and we always will have all of them, even if they are hard to find
      and super rare…i mean, thats what fans do, right?

Anonymous
      Spectator

I am always listening to one of their full albums. My ipod had mashed potatoes on it, but I just switched up my play list for live music shows, the Zeitgeist album and the Machina II album
      full albums are great, but I support their decision to just be a singles band, because hey if that’s how we have to get the music then so be it..As long we have their music

Pipoka
      Spectator

pip they said it was printed wrong I thought? I don’t know..it was so early when I watched it.
      I liked the part about punching the dude for his status comment :lol: Go Billy!
      Also when he was imitating a fan and their whining-he sounded so funny[/quote:1cky3i6s]

yes i’m not sure too because it was the first thing i did in the morning :lol:

about the hits on ipod i agree with you guys, but i think that we do that, but a lot of fans don’t… :roll:

yeah that kinda bugs me too, that Billy makes assumptions about fans. sure he might be right about some people, but he doesn’t know how many of us listen to all his songs.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i think it was a great interview with lots of great moments. i think the interviewer was a tool though. he was trying too hard. and in refrence to billys comment about only putting the singles on your playlist…i think he’s right. alot (not most, but certainly alot) of people listen to music that way, ignoring the rest of the album. you guys all disagree with this because your not the typical fans, you’re spfreaks! so i understand why your guys would have that type of response. but generally speaking, i think he’s right.

yep i am a spfreak and proud of it! :D maybe billy is right, the majority might listen to music that way, i don’t know. but however the band decides to release music will be fine with me, as long as they keep making music :D
      i can tell it hurts Billy a little and i don’t like to see him hurt. especially the stupid comment from \"lamedude124\". i could tell that hurt him. some people are just idiots. if they don’t like the band or their music, it’s really simple- don’t go to their website! duh! like the old saying, if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all.

blueczarina
      Spectator

and in refrence to billys comment about only putting the singles on your playlist…i think he’s right. alot (not most, but certainly alot) of people listen to music that way, ignoring the rest of the album. you guys all disagree with this because your not the typical fans, you’re spfreaks! so i understand why your guys would have that type of response. but generally speaking, i think he’s right.[/quote:1nue69tm]

i guess you are probably right. most people probably do just listen to the hits only. my brother is that way and a lot of other people i know are that way too. :roll:

and as spfreaks! woohoo- we probably don’t approach that stuff the same way. a lot of us do listen to all the b-sides and demos and everything else the SP have done just as much as the hits and probably more. and many of us carry that to the other bands we like. so yeah, i guess we all have atypical fan behavior on that stuff. we have all spent so much time gathering every pumpkin song known to man and with the SP we have learned that sometimes a bands best work isn’t necessarily the radio friendly hit song, but maybe the stuff on the rest of the album or maybe even off of it. and i think because of that we are more willing to delve into the rest of the stuff other bands have to offer. :wink:

maybe Billy wishes the majority of fans were as dedicated as us, but the reality is that most people are not as special as us spfreaks! :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

indeed, we kick ass 8)

Marcella
      Spectator

:cry: Omg I’m going to cry you’re all so great. :lol:

Yeah, I guess most people are like that. But the question is, is it about pleasing fans or people in general? I think the answer is none. Musicians should make music for musicians…music they make because they feel the need to make it, not taking bases on what people want. That being said, I love me some Pumpkins on any form or media =).

And I could tell that those comments do hurt Billy a little. If ya mess with Billy ya mess with me :evil:.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, that’s what i hate about sp.com. there are too many assholes there who don’t appreciate the pumpkins for the amazing band they are and don’t think that maybe they are hurting BC/ JC’s feelings with their horrid comments. if you hate the band that much then stay the hell off of the bands site. you don’t need to register to tell the band to go crawl in a hole and die. :roll: :evil: :?

Pipoka
      Spectator

yeah, that’s what i hate about sp.com. there are too many assholes there who don’t appreciate the pumpkins for the amazing band they are and don’t think that maybe they are hurting BC/ JC’s feelings with their horrid comments. if you hate the band that much then stay the hell off of the bands site. you don’t need to register to tell the band to go crawl in a hole and die. :roll: :evil: :?[/quote:eegjmhj0]

waste of energy, and time… :roll:
      they should look up for something they like…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i think it was a great interview with lots of great moments. i think the interviewer was a tool though.[/quote:1bjbkauq]

This. ^^^

Anonymous
      Spectator

I don’t understand how some people are offended by this interview, unless the are the type of fans Billy is referring to? I don’t know. I read some crap posted on SP.com on SP.com-people can just be so mean. Why even bother letting those people have an account?

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, sp.com in general kind of has a bad crowd. there are some good people/ good fans, but on the whole that site just seems plagued with crap. :roll:

i’m so glad for places like here and tp.net where people are decent fans who truly appreciate the band and their work. 8)

they are the type of fans Billy is referring to and they don’t get it or they want to look like an idiot because they are reinforcing what he said. it’s the PLAGUE…… the \"LAMEDUDE124 PLAGUE\"!!! :lol: good thing us spfreakies are not infected! :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

I need to get back on pumpkins.net again. I am so bad at being patient when I am on that site.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m there now :P

Viewing 29 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.