Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Marcella
      Spectator

OK, Sven used a different title… :wink:

Gossamer – the silken thread, the echoes and the open-ended web of an epic.

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/pages/a … s-gossamer

Pipoka
      Spectator

Very good article !

Am i the only one who has to struggle with the refresh button to see the page? Because every page that has youtube links on sp.com has this kind of errors ! so anoying!

Once again Sven mentioned spfreaks ;)

\"The team over at SPFreaks.com has compiled a selection of their favourite epics by The Smashing Pumpkins. Check it out and download it over here. Just imagine the time frames in which these were conceived, played and recorded when listening. Match one, one, one and one together and hear clearly: the artistic or poetic or sonic reaction to the contemporary status of the band, reaction of the crowds, moods of the times and even general issues at hand at the time in the music industry or wherever… It’s all there… And it all makes sense… \"

Sven
      Spectator

although it might seem self-complementing and such—-
      this very articel got the thumbs up from BC-
      as in: I was told he was very happy with it—-
      and considering IAGW and all-
      and the amount of effort i have taken to figure in IAGW’s vibe and the sentiments therein i guess this piece was all worthwhile—- owwww, and while i’m on topic- not in the least part because a lot of younger fans have never thought of the fact Gossamer in fact really is knda akin to a lot of stuff PF used to do— so, like in the article- i’m not saying it’s a rip or anything, just saying—- check out side B of the Meddle LP and enjoy—
      and ow yeah—-
      all the best for 2009 folks!!!
      cheers, sven

Pipoka
      Spectator

Great Sven!
      Have a great year too ;)
      I hope you keep your inspiration to keep on writing good articles on 2009 ;)

Anonymous
      Spectator

This was an epic article of 2008 ;)
      I enjoyed it. Keep up the good work on the articles Sven.

Marcella
      Spectator

Really great article! I like the way you included visual aids. It made it fun to read.

Viewing 5 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.