Viewing 52 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Our good friend Tristan is selling a bunch of items on eBay right now. Although, you wouldn’t know it, because he is a scam artist posing as multiple females under the name joannbrown424

For his current listings, check here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/joannbrown424/m … 7675.l2562

If you are bidding on any of this seller’s items, I strongly caution you to retract your bid, however, do as you wish.

———————————————————————————————————————-

Photo #1: Here, our friend Tristan claims to be a woman named Devon. Notice, he is not selling pictures of Devon, no, he is Devon.

of Thuy, no, he is Thuy.

joannbrown424 is on eBay. See what kind of reputation they have and what they are bidding on, shall we?

Arthur
      Spectator

My eyes are peeled to this topic, believe me… :o

Arthur
      Spectator

I don’t want to spoil the fun here…

But eBay member tristan_hall46 buys a BMW Sunshade from eBay member joannbrown424, and tristan_hall46 appears as a***h (34) in the Bid History of that BMW Sunshade. Then tristan_hall46 obviously also appears as a***h (34) in the Bid History of the Moon tape.

To me it is quite obvious that you knew beforehand that tristan_hall46 was the winner of the Moon tape, and not because of the reply of joannbrown424.

Nevertheless, because I know a lot more background on this story than what is shown here; I’m quite sure you are right about the scam that is going on here.

geofolkers
      Spectator

Nice detective work Dick Tracy. I was questioning lots on bidding with him :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I don’t want to spoil the fun here…

But eBay member tristan_hall46 buys a BMW Sunshade from eBay member joannbrown424, and tristan_hall46 appears as a***h (34) in the Bid History of that BMW Sunshade. Then tristan_hall46 obviously also appears as a***h (34) in the Bid History of the Moon tape.

To me it is quite obvious that you knew beforehand that tristan_hall46 was the winner of the Moon tape, and not because of the reply of joannbrown424.

Nevertheless, because I know a lot more background on this story than what is shown here; I’m quite sure you are right about the scam that is going on here.[/quote:3m0kbkse]

While all of that is true, Arthur, I don’t LIE and am embarrassed for you for suggesting so. If you’d like to kindly scroll back up and read what I wrote, therein lies the truth, which is exactly why I wrote it.

If you’re calling me a liar, I’ll just take the thread down.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Nice detective work Dick Tracy. I was questioning lots on bidding with him :)[/quote:t8j7aev3]

yeah, well now you don’t have to. you’re welcome, and thanks.

Arthur
      Spectator

If you’re calling me a liar, I’ll just take the thread down.[/quote:74e7nd72]
      No, please don’t. My mistake, let me rephrase with a huge sorry again: You could have known beforehand etc. Sorry!

geofolkers
      Spectator

So….13.95$ for 800 pics :) no scam there. That sounds like a great deal!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Nice little update from our good friend:

\"Whoever this Tristan person is you’re talking about — all of a sudden a bunch of people have written me more interested in ever. Apparently she used to be a big time collecor. I’ve had seriously seven people want whatever I have just because it might have belonged to her! I don’t know what else to say but thanks! I sold the four tapes with writing on them now but I might send you one of ones without writing as a thank you. If I don’t sell them all I promise I will.\"

he told me he had 5 with writing. i can quote that too. fuck it, i might as well.

\"Well, I’m away at school right now and I didn’t get any pics of the cassettes aside from the Moon demo. Honestly, I didn;’t think they would be worth much. I expected like a $100 for them all. I have a bunch of scans of CDs though because I had seen them online before and knew they would be worth something. At this point in time, I’m up for whoever wants to be a lot the quickest. I think what I’ll do is keep the Moon demo on eBay, and I’ll post the self titled one and Nothing Ever Changes later on.But I’m defintely up to selling the others as a lot to whoever wants them first. There’s nine tapes total, 5 with writing on them or their jcards and the other 4 tapes have no writing on them.\"

get your shit straight motherfucker.

marigold
      Spectator

reported

manillascissor
      Keymaster

congratulations, tristan, on your latest two SP items ending with zero bids.

also congratulations on taking the moon demo tape auction down within hours of this thread. you are amazing.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

reported[/quote:32cgwvz1] nice

manillascissor
      Keymaster

for more fun, look up tristan_hall46 on eBay and look at all the BMW parts he buys! i found his car and took a picture. i’ll post it later.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

two of those!?!?

Oh, nevermind. By scamming people. I forgot for like one second.

SPfreaks
      Spectator

The following message of eBay member joannbrown424 was brought to our attention.

You need to have the post on spfreaks removed. Tristan Hall is a friend of mine; yes he once collected; no I am not him. I don’t know what this other guy’s problem is – Tristan was merely bidding on the Moon demo. That post is threatening though – the guy even mentions the car Tristan drives and talks about posting a pic? That’s obsessed and strange. More so than anything though, it is incredibly slanderous and harassing. If it isn’t removed we’ll contact the host and have the website suspended.

Next to this, individual SPfreaks member(s) seems to have been asked to change and/or delete their post(s) from this topic.

We would like to remind everybody the following guidelines of the SPfreaks Forum.

\"Please post about any and every topic you deem necessary. We encourage all discussion(s). However, please refrain from unwarranted personal attacks or constant negativity. If this is why you are here, please leave. We are searching for a positive community at SPfreaks. Please join our community and help us create the best band forum on the net!\"

For the moment it is our decision to leave this topic online, and unblocked, for ‘freedom of speech’ reasons. We leave it to individual SPfreaks members to decide about changing or deleting their post(s).

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah it’s called free speech. shut the site down. there is nothing \"harassing\" if you are not even talking directly to someone. nice try, tristan.

also, slander is spoken and libel is written.

once again, get it straight.

and if we are talking legalities, posing as different personas online is actually against the law. if you don’t stop, i will have you arrested.

and how would \"joannbrown424\" even know about this thread anyway? obviously tristan does. that makes sense. oh wait, i just answered my own question.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

this just in!

\"Geofolkers told me to tell you to go screw yourself and that he bought the cassettes.\"

from same account (joannbrown424). funny they would send the site one side, and me another. also funny that i spoke to geo earlier and we laughed about you. you didn’t sell him anything.

you lost, tristan. every move you make drives you deeper into your own hell. you can stop now.

\"hail tristan\", the jokes that keeps on giving. ha! :lol:

he was the guy who was adamant that the wooden SD box was an official release. his argument: because i *know* it.

looks like we’ve finally gotten our arguments through to him (mainly thanks to geo, i assume): http://www.ebay.com/itm/321084373773

ahahahaha!

[/quote:3gxf8f3t]
      Also, lol @ the feedback he left himself: "Great seller. Very nice and very honest!"
      How convenient to get some feedback like that every once in a while. Especially if you’re planning to scam people.
      (Why would anyone ever write that after buying a BMW sunshade? "Ooh, my package has arrived. Let’s have a look… Oh my, great sunshade. I like it. Very nice and very honest!")

Well well well, good work! Good job Bram drove him off the o board when he did, seemed harsh then but now its just funny! What a sad little man

i bet he was there to make money too. rather than helping out fans with his \"wisdom\".

Arthur
      Spectator

looks like we’ve finally gotten our arguments through to him (mainly thanks to geo, i assume): http://www.ebay.com/itm/321084373773[/quote:2kell9ul]
      I send that eBay seller a link to Geo his SD wooden box article on February 26. The seller’s reply was:

Your article is nice but it isn’t true. The item isn’t a bootleg. How do I know, you might ask? Billy Corgan is my cousin. It was going to be an official release but Virgin decided it was too expensive to manufacture and they stopped it. There aren’t even 1000 copies out. There’s only like 700.

So I replied with questions about the 700 copies, asked to interview this seller, or other people that would know more about this. Reply:

I’m not interested in any interviews. I really don’t care about your debates. Sorry. However, its only considered a bootleg because it was scrapped before it was "officially" released. It isn’t a real bootleg though. And the numbers issue comes from multiple machines. One machine started at 0 while another machine started at 200 (or whatever) and yet another machine started at 400 and so on. There’s a big gap in between.

Take care.

P.S. – You might want to start selling all your Pumpkin stuff. It won’t be worth much in the near future. (That’s just some friendly advice.)

Few more emails about rare CDs, Billy Corgan and the Moon tape blablabla, then this:

Well a few years ago during my junior yeah of high school he gave me two boxes full of stuff. That’s where most of it comes from. But even before that he would give me singles, or whatever here and there. I don’t know about any prices though, I don’t really know a lot about this stuff. I never collected personally except for t-shirts. I set the wooden box so high just because I probably would not sell it for any less – I’ve always liked it. The rest of the stuff I don’;t know about though.

This message was send after I really questioned the seller being BC’s cousin and the CDs that were going to be sold from the two BC boxes (the pics that were send showed some standard commercial bootlegs in fact, supposedly made by Billy Corgan himself):

I’m really his cousin, I just don’t know what all I have. He gave it all to me so I just assume he made it. I’m not trying to fool you but seriously, I have so many other people interested in this stuff that I don’t need 20 questions every time I turn around – which you seem to do an awful lot of. I’ve been living on ebBay it seems, so if you’re interested we can talk, otherwise I don’t need someone harassing me.

After this last message I was completely done with this person and didn’t reply to anything anymore. I only advised my friends to stay away from this person. :)

so that was tristan hall pretending to be that girl, right?

*cough* *cough* compulsive liar *cough*

SPfreaks
      Spectator

Again, a message from eBay member joannbrown424 was brought to our attention.

The following are the requirement that all people agree to before registering for spfreaks.com forum:

\"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.\"

The post about Tristan Hall includes vulgar profanity. It isn’t true and therefore slanderous. Additionally it is threatening in that it brings up personal information about a person while those who post it remain anonymous. IT IS NOT COVERED BY FREE SPEECH. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST. THIS IS A DEMAND. You must remove the forum most, IT VIOLATES YOUR OWN POLICIES. This is the last change you will be give. FAILURE AFTER THIS WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION.

Since eBay member joannbrown424 is, so far, an anonymous person to us, it is decided that this topic will still not be removed (or otherwise moderated), as requested. We will await the announced further legal action, so we get to know the person(s) who is/are behind this claim. Only then we will take appropriate action(s).

This is the last change you will be give.[/quote:3pzaat5m]
      omg! the last change we will be give? is this monty? could it possibly be?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

This is the last change you will be give.[/quote:2goxqhkf]
      omg! the last change we will be give? is this monty? could it possibly be?[/quote:2goxqhkf]

no, it’s just birds of a feather…

Arthur
      Spectator

For some reason eBay member tristan_hall46 felt the need to contact me twice on eBay the last one hour.

Message 1.

\"What right do you think you have to question my identity or allow my personal information to remain on your website? Unlike your forum members, I don’t hide behind fake screen names. And the only crime that has occurred is the harassing contacts to that poor girl. Samderek, attempted to con her into selling the Moon demo for $150. Now you and I both know its worth more than that! But he doesn’t mention that in his posts, does he? The whole truth is that when Joann spoke to me and found out it was worth more, he made those ridiculous posts on your website. The only scam here is him trying to manipulate a young girl who didn’t know what she had and other collectors so he could get it!

And I cannot believe you of all people didn’t question this. Obviously she has the Moon demo, the pictures prove it, so I don’t understand the problem. And how can anyone say that a scam occurred. Wouldn’t a scam suggest someone lost money? But yet none of them lost anything! You’ve been fooled Arthur.\"

Message 2.

\"And for the record, this is exactly why I stopped collecting. You all manipulate the prices of the rarities; harass other collectors who have something you don’t; and use each other to obtain whatever it is that you want. It gives not only the band a bad name but collecting in general a bad name.

The prices of items should be deemed by supply and demand, NOT what spfreaks, the very same people who want the items, say those prices should be. And the way you all act is atrocious. Geofolker, for example, tried to rush the girl into selling three tapes worth $1500 for a mere $450. Samderek, more or less, used the community to force out other buyers so he could get the Moon demo for the price he wanted. It is very shameful. I thought better of you though. I honestly thought you were not like the other from the various times we’ve talked over time. I am very disappointed.\"

I have asked my contact persons at eBay (Monique in The Netherlands and Bertrand in Ireland) to check from which IP address(es) these messages from eBay members joannbrown424 and tristan_hall46 were send. Normally they inform me within two or three weeks, keep you posted.

so is this tristan person denying that he is bidding like a noob on joanna’s auctions? and if not, can he give a reason why he was bidding like that on this \"poor girl’s\" moon demo tape auction? (i even saw him retract a $52 bid, only to bid around $100 a bit later. lol!)

i can imagine this little forgotten fact doesn’t really fit in his story. so i thought i’d mention it, just for completeness sake.

i wonder what the IP check will reveal…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i can save you the time and just post all of tristan’s responses to me via email. i think i’ll wait on that.

what i will say though, is in my very first correspondence to this poor girl (tristan keeps wanting to be a woman, we might as well concede that – even though that is false as well) i stated i did not want the moon demo. never tried to buy it and never offered $150.

your word means nothing over here, tristan. you’ve been shown to be a manipulator and a liar.

\"Unlike your forum members, I don’t hide behind fake screen names.\"

care to explain who joann, devon, and thuy are? should we really keep going?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

http://myworld.ebay.com/halltristan/

nothing ever changes. when you were lying to us about even owning this cassette, yet willing to accept money for it, you sure you weren’t just having some sort of psychotic episode? you can take your time to think it over with all your online personalities. if you have real multiple personalities, you can consult them as well.

for added fun, check out his old eBay account, linked above. check out the \"infinitesunknown\" feedback comment (another fake, and at least, SP-inspired account he used over 10 years ago).

\"EVERYONE SHOULD DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY… VERY HONEST AND UNDERSTANDING A++\"

who says that? i’ve never stated a seller was honest. ever.

and if our little lady has a problem with this, it’s public domain. exposing you for who you are does not make you a victim. it’s just called comeuppance.

marigold
      Spectator

Your article is nice but it isn’t true. The item isn’t a bootleg. How do I know, you might ask? Billy Corgan is my cousin.

[/quote:39faf0z5]

LOL

Arthur
      Spectator

I really wanted to leave this subject alone, meanwhile waiting for my contacts at eBay. But I couldn’t help but noticing this.

A week ago we already figured out that eBay member tristan_hall46 was bidding on the Moon tape (offered by eBay member joannbrown424), appearing as a***h (34) on that (public) auction.

joannbrown424, offered the Moon tape again, but now in a private auction, so bidders’ identities are hidden (at least that is what they think):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321084718948

However, there is a workaround to know who are the bidders anyway, which I will not reveal here. Please just take my word for the following: The $200 bid in the bidding history was done by tristan_hall46, now appearing as a***h (35) since this eBay member received another feedback on March 9.

tristan_hall46 did not win the auction. Bummer!

Now let’s have a look at another (public this time) auction of joannbrown424 for the Siamese Dream wooden box:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321084373773

To be more specific, look at the bidding history of this auction:

a***h (35) again, which we figured out is tristan_hall46. tristan_hall46 lost the bidding war on this auction too. Bummer again! tristan_hall46 is probably getting very frustrated by now, not winning these auctions… But wait, what did tristan_hall46 tell me a few days ago?

\"And for the record, this is exactly why I stopped collecting. You all manipulate the prices of the rarities; harass other collectors who have something you don’t; and use each other to obtain whatever it is that you want. It gives not only the band a bad name but collecting in general a bad name.\"

Stopped collecting? I see no reason to believe that. Or could it be that tristan_hall46 is doing himself what he blames to ‘you all’: manipulating the prices of the rarities? :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

good call arthur. nice work, but we all know he, sorry, she, is manipulating her own auctions and inflating the price. what is funny is $200 for that moon demo is a damn shame. i would assume the tape never gets shipped.

i too wanted to leave this topic alone, as the person selling does not deserve more publicity. however, it’s not really about them. i just wanted to announce my own private auction. what i’m selling is pictured below. i simply cannot afford to drive them, as no insurance company will cover me driving two vehicles simultaneously. so please PM me if interested. don’t worry, it will all remain private.

lololo! :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

More bullshit:

\"We reply to your request, whereby you inform Gandi that the website “spfreaks.com” publishes unlawful content and in particular personal information about your client. You request to Gandi to immediately remove access to the website in question.\"

\"That is part of email sent to my attorney by your registry. Unfortunately there is 1000 character limit to what I send you here so I can’t provide it all. However, while you keep your pathetic nonsense going online, my attorney is working to have your website pulled. Gandi provided your host (planet.nl). So, while the few of you of keep talking nonsense in some dark corner of the internet, my attorney is working and in about a week you won’t have a site anymore. So either you can wise up and remove the thread, or keep going and lose. Take care.\"

manillascissor
      Keymaster

hahah. i just contacted my lawyer as well. here is his response, in quotes, as tristan likes to present:

\"Interesting. I will bury this cocksucker. Let’s hope he files immediately.\"

your move.

Haha dont mess the manilla scissor bitch :P looking forward to the outcome of this

has anyone reported his accounts to ebay, or is there no way to easily report people who bid on their own auctions? (i know it’s easy to report other things that break the rules.)
      surely it should be fairly easy for ebay to check a claim like this, and act on it if it appears to be true.

geofolkers
      Spectator

eBay has been notified. Not sure how long the process is. Maybe multiple complaints would help :)

Arthur
      Spectator

hahah. i just contacted my lawyer as well. here is his response, in quotes, as tristan likes to present:

"Interesting. I will bury this cocksucker. Let’s hope he files immediately."

your move.[/quote:2z3kw8a6]
      Thanks man, for posting that message that was sent to my eBay account, which I forwarded to you because I was too busy at a customer today to respond timely in this topic. It’s funny to see that those messages only appear on my eBay account, and are not being send to our official email account behind the ‘Contact’ button that can be found everywhere on our site. Ah well, no biggie.

eBay has been notified. Not sure how long the process is. Maybe multiple complaints would help[/quote:2z3kw8a6]

Cool. Meanwhile I received an eBay contactperson address in the US for escalation of this issue, since the eBay member(s) being discussed here are from the US. I will update him later today. Keep you posted.

Arthur
      Spectator

has anyone reported his accounts to ebay, or is there no way to easily report people who bid on their own auctions? (i know it’s easy to report other things that break the rules.)
      surely it should be fairly easy for ebay to check a claim like this, and act on it if it appears to be true.[/quote:23q5ctat]
      Furthermore, this issue is being discussed on the o-board, netphoria, and Twitter, if I’m right. This topic is being hit like crazy. But the best thing to do is to contact eBay. At least 4 people did that so far, as far as I know.

marigold
      Spectator

what I reported was the moon demo tape auction itself, but that has gone (and been put back up, and gone again twice now I think) and the siamese dream box is no longer there (will they be back?)

I can’t find the section under customer support on eBay to report a member, only a listing they have made – can someone point me in the right direction?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

this is funny. even his entire class hates this guy:

\"[dude’s name]….it is very obvious to us that you are writing these posts. They reek of your intense desire and malicious intent to bring others down in order to make yourself feel superior. If you were trying to hide your identity then you are failing miserably. Has gaining so much weight since high school really made you this cruel?

Karma is truly a wonderful thing and you will get exactly what you deserve.

Sincerely,
      Class of ’01\"

geofolkers
      Spectator

anyone want to go \"halves\" on \"Devon\"? :)

geofolkers
      Spectator

Did spfreaks get taken down yet? :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Did spfreaks get taken down yet? :)[/quote:fvxmtacp]

he told me to tell you to go fuck yourself and that he bought the moon demo, original psycho tape, NEC and eye demos from joann. which is strange when you think about it. why would she consult him for prices as a friend and not just sell it outright? then she lists it on eBay for him to buy? what a shitty friend.

"how much is this worth?"

"maybe $250"

"ok, i’ll list it on eBay then. hope it sells for $250!"

"good luck! i’ll bid on it. hope i win!"

"don’t worry, we’re the same person!"

"oh yeah. tell devon i’m not going to be able to see her tonight. i have a prior engagement with thuy."

"will do!"

"thanks devon!"

marigold
      Spectator

eBay has been notified. Not sure how long the process is. Maybe multiple complaints would help :)[/quote:gbztb013]

If someone will point out where to do this…as I said, I can’t find it on the site :?:

Arthur
      Spectator

Did spfreaks get taken down yet? :)[/quote:3dupgtzj]
      Virtual reality is a weird concept sometimes. :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

eBay has been notified. Not sure how long the process is. Maybe multiple complaints would help :)[/quote:8aja2cq2]

If someone will point out where to do this…as I said, I can’t find it on the site :?:[/quote:8aja2cq2]
      If I’m right, there are options to report a member from their member card, or individual auctions from their item card. I used an email from people I know who are working at eBay, but I don’t think it is decent to spread them.

Sven
      Spectator

Did spfreaks get taken down yet? :)[/quote:1y4mht4s]

he told me to tell you to go fuck yourself and that he bought the moon demo, original psycho tape, NEC and eye demos from joann. which is strange when you think about it. why would she consult him for prices as a friend and not just sell it outright? then she lists it on eBay for him to buy? what a shitty friend.

"how much is this worth?"

"maybe $250"

"ok, i’ll list it on eBay then. hope it sells for $250!"

"good luck! i’ll bid on it. hope i win!"

"don’t worry, we’re the same person!"

"oh yeah. tell devon i’m not going to be able to see her tonight. i have a prior engagement with thuy."

"will do!"

"thanks devon!"[/quote:1y4mht4s]

HILARIOUS!!! :)

the chance of obtaining the original Psycho Tape is next to zero… trust me, i was pretty close once…

the chance of obtaining the original NEC Tape is extremely small too…

there IS no EYE demo to start with!

so someone in possession of all these items at once selling those in this manner…
      YEAH SURE ;)

SPfreaks
      Spectator

This topic is now locked while SPfreaks awaits legal and criminal action against the seller. We will provide an update when appropriate. Thank you for your support in removing this seller from eBay.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

well, well, well. looks like both accounts mentioned in this thread have been SHUT THE FUCK DOWN.

finally…

but beware, he is still out there. i will be around and find him again, should he ever rear his ugly head.

Viewing 52 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.