Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Anyone going to RSD this year in the UK/EU?

I’m looking for a few non US releases and need some help. I don’t want to pay eBay prices and would be willing to help you out with some of the US exclusive records so you don’t have to go that route either.

If you’re willing to help, either send me a PM or post here and we can work out the details.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

wow, that’s really cool. where are you in the US? i’m not in UK, but am interested in a few vinyls.

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Thanks friend! Where are you located? I’m trying to get the Sigur Ros 10\" and the Anywhere LP. Are you able to help with those non-US releases?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

no, i’m US as well. in typical US fashion, i was being lazy. i would consider a trip to nashville for some records from third man records, but i imagine the whole world is already there, plus, my son has a soccer game tomorrow.

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Your son will get over missing a soccer game. Take him along and get there now. For $100 you can own a liquid 12\" which we both know will be worth way more than that in the morning. Be sure to get the laser cut lace KE for $30. Those two will be worth your trip alone. Nevermind all the other fun you’d have.

Let me know if you hear of someone who can help me out.

marigold
      Spectator

no, i’m US as well. in typical US fashion, i was being lazy. i would consider a trip to nashville for some records from third man records, but i imagine the whole world is already there, plus, my son has a soccer game tomorrow.[/quote:tkiun0ba]

so jealous of people in Nashville this weekend.

or in Nashville in general – it’s becoming the Hollywood of the music world. 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Your son will get over missing a soccer game. Take him along and get there now. For $100 you can own a liquid 12" which we both know will be worth way more than that in the morning. Be sure to get the laser cut lace KE for $30. Those two will be worth your trip alone. Nevermind all the other fun you’d have.

Let me know if you hear of someone who can help me out.[/quote:23oo81tx]

how many liquid 12"s are they making?

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

how many liquid 12"s are they making?[/quote:3jmpdtq6]

I don’t know for certain, but I’m assuming 150 (usually for singles). I can’t imagine that they’d press 300 or 500 (usually for LP’s) but you never know.

surely those will sell out in no time.
      there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to buy one in case you went up there.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

well, i took my son to the soccer game. which was harder than i thought, because i was very hungover. :roll: i know the ride to nashville is a good 2.5 hours, plus, gas to get there and back, plus like bram said, no guarantee of me actually obtaining one. but man, that is a record i would like to own one day. not just because of the liquid aspect, but i really like the song too. there is a colored 7\" and a black vinyl version as well, so i imagine the liquid one is extremely limited.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

did you get anything mirror?

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

I’m nowhere near Nashville; Pittsburgh actually. I got a almost everything I wanted from the US list. I didn’t get the Sigur Ros LP or anything from the UK list though. I picked up:

The White Stripes 7\"
      Karen Elson 7\"
      Arctic Monkeys 7\"
      Brad 7\"
      Pussy Galore 7\"
      Black Angels 7\"
      Death From Above 1979 LP

I’m still looking for

Sigur Ros LP
      Sigur Ros 10\"
      Miles Kane 10\"
      Anywhere LP

Anyone willing to help me out?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I picked up:

The White Stripes 7"
      Karen Elson 7"
      Arctic Monkeys 7"
      Brad 7"
      Pussy Galore 7"
      Black Angels 7"
      Death From Above 1979 LP

[/quote:1abp18ct]

Nicely done!

marigold
      Spectator

I’m still looking for

Sigur Ros LP
      Sigur Ros 10"
      Miles Kane 10"
      Anywhere LP

Anyone willing to help me out?[/quote:1hhbxixy]

Do you mean Inni by Sigur Ros? We sometimes get UK stuff here but it depends where the band is from, or where they recorded or something.

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Do you mean Inni by Sigur Ros? We sometimes get UK stuff here but it depends where the band is from, or where they recorded or something.[/quote:19t4l1lc]

Sigur Ros 2xLP – hvarf/heim

Sigur Ros 10" Рekki m̼kk

Miles Kane 10" – first of my kind

Anywhere LP – s/t

Sauli
      Spectator

Here’s nice article related to RSD :(
      http://www.mintmagazine.co.uk/music/ski … resellers/

marigold
      Spectator

Here’s nice article related to RSD :(
      http://www.mintmagazine.co.uk/music/ski … resellers/[/quote:2rq3q40a]

that’s a little bit insane – even for a vinyl with special engraving/liquid filling. It has TWO SONGS…. :roll:

Mirrorboxer – there are 2 record stores right near my work – and I found Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust on vinyl (EU) – but not Hvarf/Heim – I’ll have a look in another record store but it’s further away so it will be in the next few weeks when I go there. Or maybe you have to try Ebay.co.uk :?

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Thanks marigold. I’m not holding out much hope though. Not because it’s you looking, I’m just afraid everyone everywhere is sold out. Oh well, thanks just the same. I will gladly pay you if you find one though. I’ll probably end up the ebay route.

marigold
      Spectator

If it’s specific RSD releases then no, I won’t find them here. It’s not such a big deal in NZ. One of the record stores had some bands playing but that was it as far as I know. The biggest record store here closed last year and it was the best place to find vinyl and rarities. :(
      now I have to go searching when/if I am in Auckland to find decent stuff(1 hour flight) or buy online :roll:

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Well…I picked up Sigur Ros 2xLP – Hvarf/Heim but I’m still looking for the other three.

In other good news, I also got tickets for their Philly show in July.

Viewing 19 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.