Viewing 52 reply threads
  • Author

Tion
      Keymaster

I remember this topic from the Listessa days. Anyway, I’ll go first.

You can say all the bonjours from French Movie Theme w/o thinking.

Danni
      Spectator

I remember this topic from the Listessa days. Anyway, I’ll go first.

You can say all the bonjours from French Movie Theme w/o thinking.[/quote:32dk97a6]

:lol: Ha, ha! Great Manilla :)

Marcella
      Spectator

You’ve given your children names like Lily, Ava, Corgan. :wink:.

You can open a dictionary, point at a random word and relate it to the Pumpkins in some way.

You write \"melloncollie\" instead of \"melancholy.\"

You smile like an idiot whenever you see a real pumpkin.

You know what TOASE stands for :lol:.

Kuumar
      Spectator

When you can jump and time the landing with your car at the right moment when billy says \"Woooooo\" at the beginning of the solo. Yeah!!!

I do it sometimes when I drop my girlfriend off. Theres this big bump and railroad tracks on it and i speed up and it feels like i’m jumping over it.

The song: \"Cherub Rock\" Acoustic from earphoria

blueczarina
      Spectator

when you think tall, bald, and pale guys look good in a dress

when you think tall, bald, and pale guys look good in a dress [/quote:1a9sbrln]

excellent one!! :D

when your favorite number is 33

Anonymous
      Spectator

when you post on this thread :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

if you decided to wear the itchy Christmas sweater your Grandma knitted you because it reminds you of Billy

Marcella
      Spectator

^ :lol:

You start developing a growing interest for huge Nike shoes and ridiculous hats.

blueczarina
      Spectator

and stripes!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

when you name your pet fish ruby

If you slap people in the face, turn around and walk away, when they mention \"that song Rat in a Cage\".

amnesia
      Spectator

if you decided to wear the itchy Christmas sweater your Grandma knitted you because it reminds you of Billy[/quote:2zly07sn]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now im curious.Do you own one of these Blue.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Three Pumpkinny habits I’ve picked up:

1- Posting \" \\m/\" way too much.

2- Saying, \"blissed and gone\" instead of Goodbye, Bye, etc.

3- On the phone when people ask if I’m home later: \"Yeah – yeah – yeah – yeahhh… Yeah.\"

You’re all bonafide Freaks, guys ‘n guysesses! :wink:

If you slap people in the face, turn around and walk away, when they mention "that song Rat in a Cage".[/quote:37curvt2]

my favorite!

blueczarina
      Spectator

if you decided to wear the itchy Christmas sweater your Grandma knitted you because it reminds you of Billy[/quote:1nafw94h]

Now im curious.Do you own one of these Blue.[/quote:1nafw94h]

and heck no :lol: i love the pumpkins, but not enough to sacrifice my sense of style :wink:

and great one ice cream!

Arthur
      Spectator

… your family, friends and relatives avoid talking about music, because you will start about Smashing Pumpkins all the time…

… all people around you say \"nahh, you probably you hate this song, because we know your taste already\"…

… your girlfriend never knows what to give you for your birthday, because \"you got it all!\"…

… you consider somebody that says \"yeah, I think I know them…\" as your best friend instantly…

… you start lecturing for a boring 1 hour anyway, when they \"only know 1 song however\", and then they know not even a title or can’t even whistle a tune…

… you have the best Friday of your life when a colleague of your work asks you to come upstairs in his office just before office hours end, and his whole team is watching Youtube and they play An Ode To No One (Metro 2000 live from \"farewell\" concert) from YouTube in your honor, and then a few of them say it’s 1 of the best rock songs they ever heard… (really, this happened to me 1 week ago, sooooo cool! I left the office on Cloud 9! :D )

blueczarina
      Spectator

lucky bums on the bottom one :P

when you feel guilty that you haven’t had time to put all the demos on your ipod yet.

when your teacher says something in class that vaguely resembles a pumpkin lyric and you finish the song in your head

when you can name just about every outfit and hair style Billy has had since the late 80’s, which granted isn’t that hard because he tends to pick an outfit and stick with it for a few years :P

when your poetry teacher wants you to make a poetry journal filled with poems you like for a grade and you head straight for the spfc songlist

when you register on a news and/or blog site just leave a comment defending the pumpkins or usually Corgan against any naysayers

when you inform people on St. Patrick’s day of the real holiday that comes every March 17th

some pumpkins
      Spectator

when you listen to them for nearly 5 hours a day m-f

blueczarina
      Spectator

heck yeah ^^ but whats this M-F what about Sat and Sun :P

some pumpkins
      Spectator

heck yeah ^^ but whats this M-F what about Sat and Sun :P[/quote:1yogi9zk]

i work six days a week, so i meant to say m-s and sundays i catch up on my tv. so if i do listen to them its to go to bed.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i don’t even get a day off anymore. i work saturday and sunday and i have school M-F. :? so i listen to them between classes and on my way home and at home. :wink:

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

……when the only cassettes you still own are Pumpkins albums(all of them).

some pumpkins
      Spectator

yeah, i don’t even get a day off anymore. i work saturday and sunday and i have school M-F. :? so i listen to them between classes and on my way home and at home. :wink:[/quote:3pdmi2n6]

good times. you gotta fit them in wherever you can.

blueczarina
      Spectator

too true :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

…you catch your son breakdancing to ‘love’

when someone (mom-in-law) now rolls her eyes every time the words \"smashing pumpkins\" come out of your mouth

when mom-in-law informs you that she met a girl at trivia last thursday that likes sp!

and when you want to start going to trivia just to meet this fellow sp fan :)

amnesia
      Spectator

…you catch your son breakdancing to ‘love'[/quote:3aputkoc]

I still think that is cute. :)

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

When your 2 1/2 year old shouts \"Mommy’s Song!\" anytime a Smashing Pumpkins song comes on…. which would be anytime any song comes on ;)

When your mother-in-law will answer people for you when they ask you about your tastes in music… seriously…. my MIL stopped a person and said, \"Nah, she likes stuff like The Smashing Pumpkins\"

When you smile every time you see a 0 or hear the word Zero

When black and white stripes are a staple of your wardrobe

When you’ve sat through the same song over and over again picking out different instruments to listen to instead of all of them at the same time

Anonymous
      Spectator

When your 3 year old sings Mayonaise :D
      you own striped scarves because they remind you of SP
      All you can think about at work is SP
      turning off the radio in the car that doesn’t have a cd player (only a tape player) and you listen to SP on your ipod while driving.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

You have to video tape your kid singing Mayo!

blueczarina
      Spectator

when you just about killed a tech in the ER because he said the pumpkins were weird while we were talking about music in triage

Anonymous
      Spectator

You have to video tape your kid singing Mayo![/quote:1yln1ii4]
      lol
      he only sings it in the car when it’s on..it’s so funny
      she know she knows she knows…LOL
      love it

Anonymous
      Spectator

when you just about killed a tech in the ER because he said the pumpkins were weird while we were talking about music in triage[/quote:1ljnpuxb]
      I was conversating with a fellow fan from Australia today and he said his friend doesn’t like Billy or SP and thinks he’s emo..BILLY EMO?? WHAT????? NO WAY in hell is he emo. I said does your friend even know what emo is :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha :lol: one of the people i work with actually didn’t know what an emo was, so we googled emo pics so i could explain to her what an emo was. :wink:

Marcella
      Spectator

Actually, in an interview with the Mexican newspaper, Billy was asked what he thought about violence gainst emos in Mexico and \"emo\" bands.

He asked what emo stood for and the interviewer answered \"emotional\". Then Billy said \"Well, I guess we’re all emo aren’t we?\"

Pipoka
      Spectator

Actually, in an interview with the Mexican newspaper, Billy was asked what he thought about violence gainst emos in Mexico and "emo" bands.

He asked what emo stood for and the interviewer answered "emotional". Then Billy said "Well, I guess we’re all emo aren’t we?"[/quote:cvq6x4w2]

that was a good answer !

blueczarina
      Spectator

Marcella
      Spectator

You know you’re a Pumpkins fan when you keep bringing on the same Billy photos to every page you can and are thanked for it. =)

Anonymous
      Spectator

When you are the owner of an SPfreaks shirt ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

You know you’re a Pumpkins fan when you keep bringing on the same Billy photos to every page you can and are thanked for it. =)[/quote:2v6snrdu]

heck yes! :lol:

niteshyft
      Spectator

When you go through your entire high school career dubbed as \"that Smashing Pumpkins guy\" by anyone that didn’t know your name.

When your grandmother calls you every time Billy is on Regis and whoever that girl is.. to let you know to watch it.

When 15 people called to ask if you heard the Pumpkins were breaking up (back in 2000) and make sure you’re okay.

When you’ve been working on SP based website for over 10 years.

iliveforsp
      Spectator

Relating to that March 17th one…when you cross out \"St. Patricks Day\" and put in \"Billy Corgan Day\" instead.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

^^welcome to the board iliveforsp

when you’ve listened to 1/8/97 four times in the last 2 days

blueczarina
      Spectator

you freak you pumpkins :lol:

and yes, welcome i liveforsp

toad32r
      Spectator

when you have a guitar, and someone says, \" can u play?\", and u pick up the guitar and play 5 Sp songs, cause thats all u know!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

when you have a guitar, and someone says, " can u play?", and u pick up the guitar and play 5 Sp songs, cause thats all u know!![/quote:c91nnhip]

that’s why you learn Landslide or something then you can say you can play other stuff :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

Relating to that March 17th one…when you cross out "St. Patricks Day" and put in "Billy Corgan Day" instead.[/quote:2sx01ty9]
      8)
      welcome to the board iliveforsp

some pumpkins
      Spectator

when you take an order over the phone from a client named steve chamberlain and ask him if he has a brother named jimmy.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

^^^ :lol:

soo, does he?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

naw. but that would have been great.

Tion
      Spectator

you know youre a fan when friends introduce you as…\"..you know,…that pumpkin guy….\"

Viewing 52 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.