Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Keymaster

Mine is the Untitled CD that the band released through Q101. 3 copies in existence and I have one! Whoohoo!

What is yours?

blueczarina
      Spectator

lucky buns- make us sad :?

does it have to be something we have or something we want- because i don’t have anything that rare or special, just stuff i like.

i can’t really think of one item that would be my holy grail.

things that aren’t so rare, but that i like a lot as well:
      – all my siamese dream vinyls, in different colours.
      – three tafh boxes, still sealed, all different releases.

in these cases, the quantity plays a role as well.

Mine is the Untitled CD that the band released through Q101. 3 copies in existence and I have one! Whoohoo!

What is yours?[/quote:3lgw0eha]

that is what mine is………………
      i am so jelous, so uh, where do you live? :D

i really don’t have anything rare. and there are lots of things that i would love to have. but that cd would be it i think. i love that song so much.

Arthur
      Spectator

I got 2 holy grails. Billy Corgan’s Mellon Collie acetates and a very beautiful (& rare!) 1991 Metro poster.

blueczarina
      Spectator

nice stuff Arthur- thats a really neat looking poster :D

Marcella
      Spectator

That is a very beautiful poster *_____*.

amnesia
      Spectator

What is yours?[/quote:1a1ed7na]

Mine is the Untitled Internal use promo,also 3 copies existence….But manillascissor,is mine the same as yours ?
      Wondering cus you mention the band released through Q101

manillascissor
      Keymaster

What is yours?[/quote:3a8pzzio]

Mine is the Untitled Internal use promo,also 3 copies existence….But manillascissor,is mine the same as yours ?
      Wondering cus you mention the band released through Q101[/quote:3a8pzzio]

No, these are different. Yours was released through Virgin/Hut, and mine was pressed by Q101 as a contest giveaway. Same song though, mix-wise.

Slapping self for having not uploaded yet. *SLAP*

Anonymous
      Spectator

Just my authentic Mashed Potatoes boxset, I don’t really have anything else that’d fit the description. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Just my authentic Mashed Potatoes boxset, I don’t really have anything else that’d fit the description. :wink:[/quote:wl1ma8qu]

Well, well, well… :D

I think you got everyone beat!

Arthur
      Spectator

Just my authentic Mashed Potatoes boxset, I don’t really have anything else that’d fit the description. :wink:[/quote:1ktskcfe]

Well, well, well… :D

I think you got everyone beat![/quote:1ktskcfe]

He traded his other set with me for a TEITBITE cd single a few weeks back, but I thought it was not very worthwhile mentioning that… :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Good call Arthur. I’d say that’s a fair trade, hardly worth mentioning.

blueczarina
      Spectator

do you actually have Mashed Potatoes Dazey?

thats really awesome if you do. :)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

what exactly are acetates? are they some sort of promo or demo?

blueczarina
      Spectator

i think there like promo cd-r’s that are circulated within a record company or something, but i’m not sure.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

right on. that makes sense.

Anonymous
      Spectator

do you actually have Mashed Potatoes Dazey?

thats really awesome if you do. :)[/quote:2ifokvi4]

Only at Ma’s sometimes, with sausages, peas and carrotts. Sometimes, gravy too. :(

To answer m’s question: I’ll say my signed Catherine ‘Songs About Girls’ 7", as it was handled by D’Arcy herself personally (still has her DNA! Off to the Lab!) and also "other people who have hung out and worked with Billy Corgan."

Mark Rew (Rewster) from the now Buglette (http://www.myspace.com/bugletteband) confirmed it was authentic, so there’s my HG.

This, or my standard Gish CD, as that’s what I play most when in Pumpkins Mode. :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

too bad Dazey, i suppose that would be impossible to get a hold of though. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

What is yours?[/quote:icjv3d1c]
      For your information, we got that item on SPfreaks.com, just updated with new scans and proper info.

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=2441

manillascissor
      Keymaster

What is yours?[/quote:svd9md1z]
      For your information, we got that item on SPfreaks.com, just updated with new scans and proper info.

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=2441[/quote:svd9md1z]

Cool!

MacStainless
      Spectator

Well I’m new here and I must say this forum is bad for my wallet, as now it has me searching eBay much more frequently than I normally do!

Anyhow, my current Holy Grail is an uncut VHS tape of VH-1’s Storytellers. This is a video of the entire 2-3 hour recording session. My 2 close runner-ups would be the Storytellers setlist autographed by Jimmy or my setlist from a small chartered yacht concert in NYC that I got to go to. Details of that concert are here: http://www.spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=765

blueczarina
      Spectator

that looks like a neat concert

oh, and welcome to the forum :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Well I’m new here and I must say this forum is bad for my wallet, as now it has me searching eBay much more frequently than I normally do!

Anyhow, my current Holy Grail is an uncut VHS tape of VH-1’s Storytellers. This is a video of the entire 2-3 hour recording session. My 2 close runner-ups would be the Storytellers setlist autographed by Jimmy or my setlist from a small chartered yacht concert in NYC that I got to go to. Details of that concert are here: http://www.spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=765[/quote:3087sv2o]
      Hey, welcome indeed, MacStainless and his poor wallet! :lol:

If you ever feel like it, scan that stuffs for us! At least the setlists are not in the Collection yet I guess!

MacStainless
      Spectator

Hey, welcome indeed, MacStainless and his poor wallet! :lol:

If you ever feel like it, scan that stuffs for us! At least the setlists are not in the Collection yet I guess![/quote:1h3o50b8]

Thanks! I intend on getting all my stuff out and participating in the ‘show your collection’ thread. I’ll be sure to get some good pictures of the tape & setlists. While the yacht concert (known as the Smash Bash here in NY) was completely awesome, I don’t think anyone booted it, which was a damn shame. I did take my camera with me and got a couple of pix. To be brief, so I don’t bore anyone, we all sat on the floor and I was literally 3 feet from Billy and his mic. He walked into the crowd and I snapped a pic. I also got his pick & a picture with Melissa afterwards.

Anonymous
      Spectator

wow Mcstainless, you are lucky getting a show like that on a boat and that close to the mic….

can’t wait to see you collection :)
      it’s nice seeing what people have
      welcome to the site :)

Viewing 26 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.