Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

Every week, sometimes daily, we get e-mail from contributors, fans, researchers and other people. Only sometimes I copy an e-mail to the boards here when I don’t know the answer. But 99% of the e-mail you guys never see. Until now… See what people think of us, just some random copy paste work, but 100% pretty cool!

\"It’s been three hours since I stumbled across this site looking for album cover artwork…what a great collection of material you have amassed!!! Thank you.\"

\"In the mean time, thanks again for the past several hours of enjoyment and a well-deserved trip down memory lane.\"

\"P.s. You have an awesome site!\"

\"I am glad I could help. I have been a huge Pumpkins fan for about 15 years now. Keep up the good work.\"

\"I used to be really, really into SP around ’96-’97 and still have a lot of my collection, but not all of it. It certainly does bring back a lot of memories, and you’ve really put together a nice site.\"

\"Hello, I have been collecting for about 12 years and am proud of what I have, yet you guys have some really impressive items that I am hopefully yet to acquire.\"

\"I’ve just recently come across your website, and now realise I should have found you sooner.\"

\"its a great site\"

8) 8) 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Why did you only post the messages I’ve sent in? :wink:

Seriously, there’s not many sites who would receive things like this, so thank you also from me and mine for the work and spirit you’ve poured in over the years.

Like the SP band, Bruce Lee, David Bowie, etc., there’ll only be one unique site in history like this one (imho).

Here’s a mini-toast to you all from me: Ker-link.

\\m/ 8) \\m/

oh, man, tearing up. this site is awesome arthur. such an imense collection you can look through for hours and hours, and find neat things that most people never even knew about.

such a good job, and you have the emails to prove it.

this site does not suck ass in a big ol way. :D

Pipoka
      Spectator

you deserve to read that!

:D

blueczarina
      Spectator

neat :D

this really is an awesome site. you deserve all the praise.

Arthur
      Spectator

Found in the Smashing Pumpkins ShoutBox of Last.fm a week ago :wink: :

\"With the exception of the fact that it actually gets updates direct from the band, the new smashingpumpkins.com is inferior to SPFreaks.com and spfc.org in just about every respect =P I wish that was NOT the case, but there you go.\"

blueczarina
      Spectator

nice one :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

8) awesomeness

some pumpkins
      Spectator

this really is a kick ass site!

Arthur
      Spectator

The Nirvana connection… :wink:

Hello,
      my compliments for the great work you’re doing with your site. I’m the maintainer of the Nirvana discography http://www.sliver.it Can I use the info and pics from this page?

http://spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?page=C … S&item=934

I still don’t have this promo cd… I will of course credit you for your help, and include a link to your site.

Thanks for your reply,
      best regards.
      Enrico

blueczarina
      Spectator

excellent :wink: and another good band i like :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’ve always LOVED Enrico’s site. It’s what I modeled my site after, once upon a time.

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’ve always LOVED Enrico’s site. It’s what I modeled my site after, once upon a time.[/quote:c8z2id1x]

your site?

Arthur
      Spectator

I’ve always LOVED Enrico’s site. It’s what I modeled my site after, once upon a time.[/quote:3brzi0x8]

your site?[/quote:3brzi0x8]
      Pumpkinography something. That’s the place where I met him, years ago! :lol:

(Ah please manilla, please tell us kids the story again?)

And yes, http://www.sliver.it is quite the website indeed, so of course I offered our help.

blueczarina
      Spectator

hmm, so manilla had his own site- and yes, story please :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

It looked a bit like this.

http://www.corral.com/cgi/cdlist.cgi/Smashing+Pumpkins/

Then later it turned to:

http://www.my-smashing-pumpkins-collection.com/

Then he forgot to pay the internet bill, and it went down. Then I asked him to help me with SPfreaks.com. :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Oh, and of course I should keep this SP.com News article of a while back (27-10-2008), it was lost after a few days during that hectic period at SP.com…

But I found it back in the internets’ dustbins, nya nya nya! :lol:

\"Band discography – A more comprehensive discography will be available on smashingpumpkins.com. We consulted with the SP discography experts, spfreaks.com to figure out just what was the best way to categorize the large Smashing Pumpkins discography. Although never intending to be as thorough as spfreaks.com, the new discography may include some items you weren’t aware of. Specific Ebay and amazon.com links maybe also make it easier to find some of those sought after relics. Just don’t expect to find a copy of Machina II THAT easily…\"

blueczarina
      Spectator

nice little bit Arthur and yes, they will never be as comprehensive as spfreaks. that would take some doing. :wink:

and for shame manilla- spending your money on more sp items instead of paying your internet bill :lol: :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Ha ha, you are right blue!

Okay, Arthur’s post above is pretty accurate. I had compiled a tiny little collection over the years and wanted to post it online because this site (http://www.geocities.com/collectspumpkins/index.htm) didn’t have redundant foreign releases. I modeled it after the Steve Hemming? website of ’95ish.

So I had most of my collection up there, and was using some crappy webware to build it. Had to pay for the domain name, the webware, and whoever else was hosting it. It just crept up, in December I might add, and I had no money and was sick of paying for such a crappy site.

I even talked a computer programmer at work into building a better site for me, and he would NEVER be around to do it. Always busy.

Then came an email from one of Arthur’s cohorts, asking me for better scans of some of my items. Which I provided and never heard back about.

But THEEEEEN, Arthur dug up my email after my site crashed and we exchanged pics and stories and we’ve been in love ever since.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

http://www.my-smashing-pumpkins-collection.com/

I’ve seen this before, is this a fellow freak?

Anonymous
      Spectator

I have ran into that site on my never ending google searches…
      sweet story for you two :)
      I love this site and the my collection is pretty awesome 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

But THEEEEEN, Arthur dug up my email after my site crashed and we exchanged pics and stories and we’ve been in love ever since.[/quote:2j9xxbe2]

aww, isn’t it romantic

Arthur
      Spectator

But THEEEEEN, Arthur dug up my email after my site crashed and we exchanged pics and stories and we’ve been in love ever since.[/quote:1vi36ijv]
      Yup. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

Date: 11/19/2008 12:50 AM
      Subject: Your Smashing Pumpkins site – Featured Fan Site on Jango.com (5 Million Monthly Users)

Hi there,

I work for Jango.com — one of the fastest growing music sites with over 5 million uniques per month — and we’re about to start promoting fan sites from our artist pages.

We’d like to promote your site on our Smashing Pumpkins page. There are lots of Smashing Pumpkins fans on Jango who would love to learn about your site.

<edit>

Cheers!
      Pauline

Pauline Hall
      Director of Marketing & User Experience
      http://www.Jango.com
      76 Greene St. 3rd Fl.
      New York, NY 10012

Huh? WTF? :roll:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i have never heard of that site

Arthur
      Spectator

I quickly checked that site, and they do have this:

http://www.jango.com/music/The+Smashing+Pumpkins

But I’ll check it later, I’m off on a business trip for a few days. :?

blueczarina
      Spectator

I quickly checked that site, and they do have this:

http://www.jango.com/music/The+Smashing+Pumpkins

But I’ll check it later, I’m off on a business trip for a few days. :?[/quote:3dyscdzp]

you look excited :lol: :wink:

and the site doesn’t look like my cup of tea. they have a few good pics of the band though. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Excited? Nahhh, I’m just playing the SPfreaks Marketing whore. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Excited? Nahhh, I’m just playing the SPfreaks Marketing whore. :wink:[/quote:1f2cde0j]

haha :lol:

i meant about your trip :P

I’m off on a business trip for a few days. :? [/quote:1f2cde0j]

it looked like a pissy face there. :lol: :wink: ^^

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah I’m away from home, staying in a hotel, and can’t be with my girlfriend. :cry:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i figured that was your source of woe :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

After reading this I lost interest.

\"How it Works

Place a jango promotion on your site — You have two options: A) widget or, B) specially-formatted text link. The HTML code for both is shown below.

Submit Your Site — Once you’ve placed either the widget or the special link on your site, fill out this form and we will add your link to Jango’s The Smashing Pumpkins page.\"

blueczarina
      Spectator

sounds like something you could point Netphoria’s way :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah exactly! :lol:

Bye bye Jango.

Viewing 33 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.