Viewing 73 reply threads
  • Author

Shannen
      Spectator

just read the auction description, man. it’s all there.

Arthur
      Spectator

Oh really… wait, let me put me glasses on… ah yes, I read that already. Thank you, Cool As Ice Cream.

Now the real insiders info please.

For example, what is \"The rivalry between the Red Sox and the New York Yankees is one of the longest and the most dramatic in professional sports.\" all about?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

The Red Sox and Yankees have a historic rivalry, lasting most of the 20th century. Very deep-seeded and long lasting. So, over time, fans have become OBSESSED with supporting both teams vehemently.

I think there was some stupid curse associated w/ Babe Ruth (who played for the Yankees). I’m too lazy to look this up.

The Red Sox are also the only team to ever come back in a World Series from 3-0 deficit, only to win 4 in a row and steal the Series. And they did this against the all mighty Yankees. This alone is an historical accomplishment, not to be repeated any time soon, if ever.

So, there’s lots of bad blood.

But this construction worker burying the jersey in a new Yankee stadium is another \"curse\". To me? It’s fucking retarded and I cannot believe ANYONE would buy that piece of crap. However, we’re not caught up in the baseball collectors, we are more interested in a particular band that rhymes w/

Duh Crashing Dumplins

darcysiva
      Spectator

Very true. The Yankees-Red Sox curse is definitely one of the more intriguing topics in baseball. Being from the NY/NJ area and having many family members be die-hard Yankees fans.. I know :)

At least the jersey is raising money for a good cause to help the fight against cancer. I salute them for doing something positive like that.

Arthur
      Spectator

The shirt went for US $175,100.00. :shock:

what!!!

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah. When I had that money I would buy:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Yeah, thats a lot of money for some baseball shirt. :wink:

So, you wouldn’t buy $175,100 worth of Pumpkin stuff, Arthur? :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

So, you wouldn’t buy $175,100 worth of Pumpkin stuff, Arthur? :lol:[/quote:1logzub0]
      What Pumpkins item would be that expensive? :wink:

I thinks it’s more fun to organize a secret Smashing Pumpkins concert in US or EU for 150 SPfreaks members max, and fly all of us in for 4 days of "Pumpkins’ Rock & Acoustic Party". That would be a good cause also for that amount of money, right? :lol:

(Keep on dreaming Arthur… :roll: )

manillascissor
      Keymaster

So, you wouldn’t buy $175,100 worth of Pumpkin stuff, Arthur? :lol:[/quote:1nkfl1ie]

I thinks it’s more fun to organize a secret Smashing Pumpkins concert in US or EU for 150 SPfreaks members max, and fly all of us in for 4 days of "Pumpkins’ Rock & Acoustic Party". That would be a good cause also for that amount of money, right? :lol:

(Keep on dreaming Arthur… :roll: )[/quote:1nkfl1ie]

Make this happen!

yes yes yes

that must happen!!!

think that guy would loan us some money?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yes yes yes

that must happen!!!

think that guy would loan us some money?[/quote:2ryjq7er]

yeah, i think so. we just need to become a charity. ;)

we will tell him that we are

humm

i will think of something, if not can you?

blueczarina
      Spectator

So, you wouldn’t buy $175,100 worth of Pumpkin stuff, Arthur? :lol:[/quote:24k9nk55]

(Keep on dreaming Arthur… :roll: )[/quote:24k9nk55]

Before you raise the money through manillascissor’s charity scam, I think you need to find 150 SPfreak members. I’m not sure there are even 20 active members. :) :lol:

Although it could be a really small gig. :P

yeah, if you limit it to, say, 90000 (85000 cheaper) you could fly the active members out and still have enough to convince BC/JC to do it :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

to true :lol: or Arthur could always just pay them to chat for real on the site. :)

Nah.

I’d rather prefer an intimate concert with them :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

Yeah, he could rent BC and JC for a night. :lol: At least they wouldn’t have to worry about people talking and shouting \"more Siamese Dream\" (at least I don’t think so, although I do like Today :wink: ). :)

Nah, we’ll yell for more of the obscurities that you only get from being even partially involved in the collectors community :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

\"More Early 1989 stuff\" :lol:

No way – we’re going for the 1987 stuff!

blueczarina
      Spectator

I want to hear the Marked and Hexen. :lol:

(He’d probably get scared and run away. :( :lol: )

lol

you all are so silly
      :lol:

i would love to hear anything. so who is gonna come up with the money? are we still going with the charity thing?

Arthur
      Spectator

My newest suggestion would be: inhouse Smashing Pumpkins concert at my place for everybody with 25 posts or more here on the boards. Free flights and free food, drinks and lodging included.

My cunning plan for gettin’ the money: we call it a \"3 day Rock Campus\" and write letters to our governments and Universities everywhere to sponsor it for 2500 people (can we help it that less then 25 only show up? Guess not huh? :wink: ). We will then put Post-It notes with the sponsors’ names on the fridge in the kitchen. Duty done. And 3 days fun will be there! 8)

now that is a plan i can get behind, so when do we start the letter writing?

we can even use the big post it notes, and in diffrent colors.

yay for arthur for the great idea!!!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

so the next scam is education funds. nice. is your house big enough though Arthur? :lol:

a couple days hanging out with the pumpkins would be educational. :wink:

i am still really liking that idea.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yes, it would be. :lol:

for everybody with 25 posts or more here on the boards.[/quote:xbrt3e97]

What about the people who have that post count but haven’t reared their heads in months? Namely, BleedingTheOrchid?

blueczarina
      Spectator

it should be 25 posts in the last couple weeks.

Arthur
      Spectator

Ah well, just bring together a bunch of nice people, I’m not excluding anybody…

And yes, my appartment of 120 m2 would do I guess for this small (& educational, yes bullet, see my programme below :wink: ) gathering, when we have around 25 people showing up.

Programme for this 3 days Rock Campus

Day 1, morning: breakfast & meet ‘n’ greet with Smashing Pumpkins
      Day 1, morning: bass workshop with Ginger
      Day 1, lunch: includes speech of Billy about the making of a rock song
      Day 1, afternoon: drums workshop with Jimmy
      Day 1, dinner: includes favourite snacks of Jeff
      Day 1, night: first acoustic gig of Smashing Pumpkins
      Day 1, late night: after party

Day 2, morning: songwriting workshop with Billy
      Day 2, lunch: includes speech of Jimmy, about how to cooperate together in a band
      Day 2, afternoon: guitar workshop with Jeff
      Day 2, dinner: includes Ginger’s most favourite Mexican recipe
      Day 2, night: second acoustic gig of Smashing Pumpkins
      Day 2, late night: after party

Day 3, morning: piano & keyboards workshop with Lisa and Billy
      Day 3, lunch: includes questening the band
      Day 3, afternoon: teams of 5 each write and practise a song with individual bandmembers
      Day 3, dinner: in restaurant of choice
      Day 3, night: third semi-acoustic rock show performance of Smashing Pumpkins
      Day 3, late night: encores with teams’ songs
      Day 3, late late night: after party

Is this educational enough, and to everybody’s likings? :lol:

Oh my god, that schedule made me lol, and I kid you not!

darcysiva
      Spectator

My newest suggestion would be: inhouse Smashing Pumpkins concert at my place for everybody with 25 posts or more here on the boards. Free flights and free food, drinks and lodging included.

My cunning plan for gettin’ the money: we call it a "3 day Rock Campus" and write letters to our governments and Universities everywhere to sponsor it for 2500 people (can we help it that less then 25 only show up? Guess not huh? :wink: ). We will then put Post-It notes with the sponsors’ names on the fridge in the kitchen. Duty done. And 3 days fun will be there! 8)[/quote:fl6zqtkq]

Two words.

Hell yes.

;)

i second that!!

so how we gonna make this happen? when do we start the letter writing?

blueczarina
      Spectator

Sounds great. We’ll hold them hostage for three days in Arthur’s house and make them spill their secrets.
      I’m in. :)
      Now you need to get started on the money scam. :lol:

czarina, no scam, education!!!

and we aren’t going to hold them hostage, we will pay them to be there(like a geust speaker at a school, it will just be at arthurs house), but after meeting all of us, they will want ot stay and maybe even give back the money, cause we are so super cool!!

edit**
      or like a seminar, yeah a seminar

blueczarina
      Spectator

All right then, glad to hear the funds will be raised through legitimate means. There was just so much talk about charity scams and the like. :)

I’m sure the Pumpkins will love us all so much they will want to stay forever. After all we are the best Pumpkin fan group on the web :P . It will be great. :lol:

yes, they will, but i don’t know if arthur would want us to stay forever. the pumpkins probably, but the rest of us, he would probably get tired of us after a week or two.

blueczarina
      Spectator

He will keep them and kick us out. For shame.

yes, but what ya gonna do?? :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

We could move it to another location or better yet we could start a Pumpkin commune where we could all live together and share in the music. It could be the new Pumpkinland. :lol:

(just kidding)

well in theory it would work, but in reality i don’t think so.

but a few days at arthurs w/ the pumpkins would be awesomeness!

Arthur
      Spectator

well in theory it would work, but in reality i don’t think so.

but a few days at arthurs w/ the pumpkins would be awesomeness![/quote:nnp38liu]

I second that, both statements of yours. And for some reason I think the Pumpkins would love to do such thing also. Different setting maybe, but having fun with a little group of serious people that are not screaming "wow I adore all of you! and Billy is god!" all the time, and passing along some of their knowledge, I think almost all of them are into that. It would be the best 3 days in my life Pumpkins-wise I guess. Maybe in a quiet period when they are not touring nor recording…

3 Days Rock Campus… Billy, Jimmy, are you reading this maybe? Can we humbly ask your cooperation for this? 8)

would be amazing,

and yes, there would be no yelling, none at all.

think they read this stuff?

blueczarina
      Spectator

I always wondered if they actually do read any of the stuff on the Pumpkin sites. They’re probably too busy. :wink:

Probably just as well in some cases. There can be some wierd crap.

yeah, it would be hard to wade through all the (cover your eyes now) s*it, to get to the good stuff, like this site.

What’s the point of censoring?

Their most essential album has a song called Silverfuck for christ’s sake.

Arthur
      Spectator

yeah, it would be hard to wade through all the (cover your eyes now) s*it, to get to the good stuff, like this site.[/quote:2f5nxysp]
      Let me tell you guys a little secret.

A few months back I was emailing a bit with sp.com people. This is what they said at that time. I presume for 99.9% they do know us. "The band definitely wants to collaborate with our sister sites more. You guys have one of the best!" 8)

Shhhh, as I can’t tell anything more now, please understand. Nice things coming this year, I’m pretty sure.

blueczarina
      Spectator

interesting Arthur :)

The crap I was refering to was not so much the swearing as much as the stalkerish wierd crap you see sometimes thats a little disturbing or stuff like the Siamese Dream girls Netphoria post.

holy gouda cheese arthur.

i’ll keep it on the dl, promise

agreed czarina,
      i just like to try and keep it clean you know for the kids.

plus i am trying to clean up my own diry mouth, every other word out of it is fuck, ok superlord i said it. not in front of my son though, that is why i try to keep it clean.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i don’t care about the odd swear word so much, as long as its not so profuse to the point of ridiculous and unecessary.

yeah, but everyone here is super duper cool, we don’t talk like that.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i think this site has less crap then all of the others. no one is really rude or anything.

and we have very nice discussions, very civilized and such. indepth conversations. we are just too cool :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

to true. :wink:

you don’t think they will look at our discussion about the clothes do you?

blueczarina
      Spectator

i hope not, but i think the fact that they wear them shows that they don’t care. :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

we are just too cool :wink:[/quote:1uib816l]
      And a bit too small. Few more members, up to 250-500 would be nice. Maybe the name "freaks" scares everybody away? How did you get here anyway, and what did you think/expect when you opened an account here? Just curious. Same for blueczarina.

well, it was from sp.com, i saw the avatar on someones page, or on a post then i clicked on it and seen the link to here, then i was interested in the shirt member? and we emailed back and forth about it, and i am still gonna get one, maybe after i get the extra money later on this month. i read some of the posts and thought, wow these people are cool, and have interesting discussions, and what a collection, i am super jelous, and that was it, i had to get in on the cool stuff.

so that is how :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

I have poked around the collection page as a guest before and I decided to check out the message board part one day. It looked alright so I joined.

i hope not, but i think the fact that they wear them shows that they don’t care. :lol:[/quote:2sq844q1]

oh thank god. :oops:

blueczarina
      Spectator

:lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

I have poked around the collection page as a guest before and I decided to check out the message board part one day. It looked alright so I joined.[/quote:vsc4k6fi]
      Are we freaks? (post 999, cool! 8) )

blueczarina
      Spectator

not really (at least as far as i know) :wink:

no, it is just a catchy name.

oh, and i have links to this site on my blog, and am always telling other people they should come here, so hopefully word of mouth (so to speak) will help.

Arthur
      Spectator

no, it is just a catchy name.[/quote:g1mhjfnp]
      I was hoping so. I made it up in 2003 myself to be honest, and looking at all those wellknown names in those days (Blamo, Netphoria, SPFC, Starla, SPLRA) I was like uhmmm… kinda official. Not catchy.

Then, there was Siamese Dream (my favourite album), first song Cherub Rock. Look at the very first lines:

Freak out
      And give in
      Doesn’t matter what you believe in
      Stay cool
      And be somebody’s fool this year

There you go. SPfreaks was born. At that time dot com was not for sale (some people called SpeedFreaks had it I believe), so we were on Darktech.org for a while, later on Redwolf.org if I’m right. Last year SPfreaks.com became available, and that’s too cool to miss. Glad you like the name, it has a whole history. 8)

(and this is post #1000. cool.)

cool history, and i really like the name, plus what it says on the back of the shirt.

i am really glad to be a member here.

(post 1000, super awesome)

do we get prizes when we get to 1000? we should get you a prize.

Arthur
      Spectator

cool history, and i really like the name, plus what it says on the back of the shirt.[/quote:2tlj1u40]
      Ouch. It hurts talking about "the shirt". We only sold 3 in half a year. :cry:

blueczarina
      Spectator

maybe you should sell catchy Billy bumper stickers instead :)

i am going to buy one, don’t you worry. just let me get some more money. cause it will be more for the shipping i think.

bu i will!!!

Shannen
      Spectator

My cunning plan for gettin’ the money: we call it a "3 day Rock Campus" and write letters to our governments and Universities everywhere to sponsor it for 2500 people (can we help it that less then 25 only show up? Guess not huh? :wink: ). We will then put Post-It notes with the sponsors’ names on the fridge in the kitchen. Duty done. And 3 days fun will be there! 8)[/quote:1mfguev0]

Wow! Arthur, your house must be a HUGE mansion that could put in so many people :P

Btw, I read somewhere that Red Sox imported a 17 yrs old Dutch boy to play for them. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Viewing 73 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.