Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

\"With almost 200 records this is possibly, the most extensive and varied Beatles vinyl collection ever offered on ebay. Lost my job (due to the global crisis) need to sell one of my most precious assets. I have been collecting these records since 1974. Most of them sealed or hardly ever played. A few with scratches (due to age), the rest in good to great condition.\"

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Beatles-BIGGEST … 0328230552

This is not the first time I read such a thing on eBay… SPfreaks members, you all still have a job, right? Chances anyone will be fired soon? I hope not! :roll:

blueczarina
      Spectator

that must suck ass ^^

and i’m posting from work :P the hospital is cutting stuff (but not staff- more like office supplies, etc.) and they made us all take some PTO because that money comes from some other place and they are on a hiring freeze.

Pipoka
      Spectator

well, you know my situation….

blueczarina
      Spectator

that sucks Pip- you still haven’t found work? :(

Anonymous
      Spectator

:shock:
      WOW I wish I had some handy cash like that laying around :P
      I’m jobless so that ain’t in budget now or even before
      Awe Pip we can be jobless together :(

blueczarina
      Spectator

i hope you guys find work soon and that its something you enjoy. :(

Pipoka
      Spectator

sad…. no even to work on clothes stores. is it necessary to have a course on \"how to store clothes\"? :(

Danni
      Spectator

I lost my job in November last year, hence why I’ve got all the time to hang around here. :lol:

You know, my cd and vinyl-collection I could take it to the grave.

blueczarina
      Spectator

sad…. no even to work on clothes stores. is it necessary to have a course on "how to store clothes"? :([/quote:34iwdm2a]

nope and thats sucks Pip. have you considered moving or going to another country to find some kind of work? is there a place in Portugal that is doing better where you can find a job of some kind? :(

and that sucks too honey made :( but i see you still have your humor. :wink:

Danni
      Spectator

Yeah, you gotta keep your humour even in the worst misery, ha ha, so to speak. :wink:

Actually I’m going back to education this autumn. I’ve worked for eight years now so that could be interesting. My girlfriend works at the emergency unit at a hospital so still, we do have an income.

But I’m actually into the whole idea of not being dependent on the whole system. You know manufacture, buy, get paid, buy, blah blah blah, the money-makes-the-world-go-round-kinda stuff. And STILL I have this huge need of material things in form of various SP records. :? That is strange. At some point of my life I’d like to be homeless. I saw the Fight Club movie yesterday and although I didn’t like it there is many things that true in it. \"The less you have, the more you have\" and so on.

Maybe the Amish would be something for me?

Pipoka
      Spectator

I guess I just bored everyone with this nonsense. :roll:[/quote:2gv3nl3i]

:lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

hudderites and amish people actually are more materialistic than you would think. my aunt use to teach at one of their colonies and they all had the front of the house which was all puritanish and the back which had the tv and all the goods. plus i have worked in stores in town and they buy some suprising stuff and they also steal a lot, which is lame. i even saw one with a cell phone with a pop song ring tone. so they are definitely not totally living simply.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I wouldn’t call it nonsense, I get what you mean about the system. Wouldn’t it be nice to not have to be a part of it. I just wish it would change somehow..
      as for the Amish, the system is getting to them..it will after so long. I did read that they like to keep up with whats going on.
      here’s to us being jobless

What a shit auction. It’s like he doesn’t know the first thing about selling stuff on eBay.

Firstly, no-one will bid on it because it’s FIFTEEN FUCKING GRAND

Secondly, I’d imagine the majority of collectors would have enough of the items there to not justify spending that much.

Thirdly, he could stand to make a helluva load more by selling them off individually.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m sure he will be able to relist the whole auction in a few days if you get my drift. ^^

Danni
      Spectator

I’m stunned. They really are like that, aren’t they? The amish, I mean. :shock:

amnesia
      Spectator

That sucks Pip and Reggae, hopefully you guys will make it and find a job, good luck.

I feel really sorry for that guy who needs to sell a part of his heart, poor guy. :(
      I can also feel the economy crisis as well since im self employed and got my own lil company, i can feel it, its like a big black cloud hanging over me, hopefully it will not rain, if you get my meaning.
      Its not like im fucked or anything atm, no, not at all, still im doing so so, but compare to last years 3 first months, ive lost around 10.000 bucks. :?

EAZYE121
      Spectator

I collect Beatle Records…

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’m stunned. They really are like that, aren’t they? The amish, I mean. :shock:[/quote:24qopns9]

yeah, they aren’t living the simple life i’m afraid.

Arthur
      Spectator

Maybe I can get $15k for them… if you look close enough you can see that my SP records are on the same shelf as my Beatles.[/quote:uwwachh6]
      Yes indeed! :lol:

Viewing 19 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.