Viewing 66 reply threads
  • Author

jupiter
      Spectator

let’s create some content here.

but about what? i dunno. anything. i feel like telling long stories. anyone want to ask me a question that might result in a story? or anything else.

yours truly,
      herbert tallheels

what was the best vacation you ever took?

I DONT KNOW :D

amnesia
      Spectator

Pardon my bad Dutch, what does it say? :P

\"rudi the lust rabbit\"

\"with a piercing gaze? no, haven’t seen him. goodbye, mister inspector.\"

I don’t know either :P

Arthur
      Spectator

Bram, tell us about your job? Could that become a long, boring story maybe? :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

and also tell us what makes you think you are cooler than ice cream. :P

amnesia
      Spectator

and also tell us what makes you think you are cooler than ice cream. :P[/quote:2y8dfimb]

Id like to hear that story as well. :lol:

i’m a java programmer.
      my work is a ten minute bike ride away from where i live. still i usually end up being late at work in the morning.
      i have a very hard deadline next week, so no time to be bored these days. unfortunately.

and i never said i thought i was cooler than ice cream, so there’s no story here.

Anonymous
      Spectator

well mr. java programmer…I have some questions
      Why did my java disappear off my pc? How does that happen after a few years of haing it with regular updates?
      I was in the middle of a conversation and it just decided to no longer exist on my pc so I had to redownload it.
      Now if you can provide me with a cool answer…I will then think you are cooler than ice cream :P

i don’t want to be cooler than ice cream.

i’m a java programmer. this has absolutely nothing to do with the installation of java on your pc. who cares about that anyway? call the helpdesk or something.

Anonymous
      Spectator

you failed
      thx for playing…

keep on truckin’! 8)

marigold
      Spectator

deja vu

blueczarina
      Spectator

nice!

i’m not really a fruit person. i’m more a vegetable man.

there seems to be something wrong with fruit these days. a lot of it is sour. me not like.

my favourite fruits are sweet, and don’t require too much effort to eat. i’m lazy like that. i’m not a big fan of fruit, so they have to make it as easy as possible for me to eat it, otherwise i won’t.
      most recently, i have been enjoying bananas, cherries, mango and strawberries. (i also had pineapple, but i can’t say i enjoyed it enough to list it in an answer to the question what my favourite fruit is.)

Anonymous
      Spectator

[/quote:3t7gmdmo]

still the best dancing banana around

ugh. today was awful. i was so bored at work, but i couldn’t reach spfreaks.com. not sure if the website was down or if it is somehow not reachable from my work. (did anyone else have any problems earlier?)

now i’m at home. so i shouldn’t post in this thread. BYE! :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

i have had a few problems too on and off from my work computer. instead of spfreaks some other thing popped up like it was down. it was some weird page. i could always get on it fine at home though. i don’t remember what the page was. i only see it at work. it was weird though- like it was server thing.

i’m at work now, and i don’t have any problems with spfreaks.com right now. yay!

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s good.

now i suppose since i’m here i will make up some questions assuming you are bored.

if you could travel back through time to any place or date where would you go if anywhere?

whats the most embarrassing album you have bought? or the cheesiest song you like to listen to?

whats the story of this Herbert you mention in the first post in this thread?

and do you collect any other things besides Pumpkins?

that’s good.

now i suppose since i’m here i will make up some questions assuming you are bored.

if you could travel back through time to any place or date where would you go if anywhere?

whats the most embarrassing album you have bought? or the cheesiest song you like to listen to?

whats the story of this Herbert you mention in the first post in this thread?

and do you collect any other things besides Pumpkins?[/quote:3jpdp2bt]
      thanks a lot for all your questions.

i’d like to travel back to a nice time and a nice place (no war, nice area, good living conditions, …), where i can use knowledge of the present to make big fortune in the past (lottery numbers, buy apple or microsoft, …).
      or go back to chicago in the late 80s and try to collect everything pumpkins that is so hard to find these days, as it becomes available. real-time collecting.
      (i know this sounds greedy, but these are my first time travel related fantasies, so why not be honest?)

most embarrassing album: no idea. can’t think of any right now. it’s not impossible that i don’t have any album that i find embarrassing.
      if i can think of one, i’ll let you know.

cheesiest song: the alan parsons project – old and wise.
      my dad is to blame, as he used to listen to this when i was young.

herbert: good question. i was wondering this myself when i read this thread. i can’t remember who he is. not at all.
      herbert, if you read this, please help out!

yes, there are other bands i collect. not as freakily as the pumpkins, but still. the biggest collections (next to sp) are probably david bowie and pixies.
      but if i like a band a certain way, i’ll always start collecting their releases. i guess this is a hobby. i really enjoy deciding what releases i need, and then tracking them down.
      i think i have almost all commercial albums and singles of say, arcade fire. but they only have two albums, so that collection isn’t really that big (about 10 cds and 10 vinyls, i guess).
      and like that, there are way more bands. for some, i don’t even have all the albums yet, for others, i’m completing my collection with the last couple of singles or even compilation cds with a track that isn’t available anywhere else. for some bands i only aim for the studio albums, for others i go deeper and try to get all b-sides and whatnot.
      not sure how many bands i’ve done this for. sometimes i start on a band and then lose interest and stop. which is better for the wallet, of course.
      other bands i can think of right now, where i tried to complete a bit of a collection instead of just buying the one or two albums i’d normally buy: evil superstars, deus, the breeders, grandaddy, nirvana, leftfield, massive attack, the chemical brothers, the beatles, bob dylan, nick drake, elliott smith, channel zero, yeah yeah yeahs, the white stripes, queens of the stone age, bon iver, dinosaur jr, sonic youth, soulwax, air. and there’s more.

still very bored. help please.
      do you want to discuss my last post?
      do you have anything else to ask?

what are everyone’s answers to above questions?

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha, i forgot about this. here are my answers. i will try to think of more questions too. :)

if i could travel back through time i would also go for selfish gathering of goods reasons. i too would make a stop in the late 80’s early 90’s and gather some Pumpkins and Nirvana. then i would visit the late Victorian era, Edwardian era, and the 1920’s because i like a lot of stuff from back then- the clothes, art nouveau, art deco, the books, furniture, jewelry, etc. and i would also go back to the 1960’s for similar reasons. i like the toys from back then. then after i got my pile of stuff i would bring it back home.

the cheesiest stuff i like music wise- i always liked Ace of Base when i was a kid. i liked me some shit Euro pop growing up. i can’t blame it on any relatives though.

i don’t know much about this Herbert either, but i assume he is a banana.

and i collect lots of stuff besides a bit of pumpkins although i don’t totally collect them anymore. i decided i like saving money more. i have collected a few other bands though mostly because i like them and the album art and what not. they aren’t complete collections though. i have some Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand (i like the Soviet style art), and more recently HIM. they have some awesome album art. i also collect posters in general especially gig posters and promo posters. i just like poster art. that’s one of the reason why i would take a time machine back to the last turn of the century. and because i just kind of like graphics i also collect ads and nifty product packaging- candy boxes, unique pop bottles, whatever. and i also collect toys. and mostly i just collect things i find unique or strange. i always have since i was a kid.

Arthur
      Spectator

Bram, we don’t hear anything about your London (or English, at least, if I remember well) girlfriend anymore. What’s the news about her? If you want to share…

And what’s the love for dEUS?

ace of base rules. 8)

everything is fine with my girlfriend. she’s doing a traineeship at the eu, and she just got herself a new traineeship at a company in brussels. this one might end up in a proper job.

love of deus: i love them, but i lost interest in their more recent work.
      worst case scenario, in a bar under the sea, the ideal crash: awesome. three absolute classics, in my opinion.
      pocket revolution: has some good stuff, but also some eh…
      vantage point: they’ve lost me.

95 more minutes and then this working week is over.
      so, so bored… ugh.

one more hour. not going to survive this.

Arthur
      Spectator

R.I.P. Bram. :cry:

blueczarina
      Spectator

marigold
      Spectator

:( no dancing for the banana.

I can’t wait to be bored at work one day, will be a change from being bored at home. :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, its tough to cry and dance at the same time. the emo depression tends to really put a damper on his usual dance vibes.

i survived.

Arthur
      Spectator

haha.

back at work today after a long weekend.

here we are now
      entertain us
      with the lights out
      it’s less dangerous

marigold
      Spectator

thanks for all the bananas.

did you make the sad one yourself, blueczarina?

blueczarina
      Spectator

no, i was trying to find one of the dancing animated ones that was crying, but found that pic instead. he looked funny.

█▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀

█▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀

bump

what’s up with everyone these days?
      i’m at work.

marigold
      Spectator

that’s how i ruined my last eight keyboards.

the first one i still tried cleaning, but it was pointless.

marigold
      Spectator

yeah – I had a mail-merge technical issue – felt like doing that :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

CHEERS TO EVERYONE WORKING TODAY. I’M NOT SO GET OFF MY BACK.

blueczarina
      Spectator

[/quote:a5ugysho]

that’s an awesome gif image. :lol: i feel that way some days.

marigold
      Spectator

I’m sure everyone has seen this before:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bb0HqFmUhg[/youtube]

I need colleagues to do this with. I am the only person in the office most of the time, apart from committee people who visit now and then. So it’s a one-person row-boat down the middle of the office space for now. :lol:

BUMP!

marigold
      Spectator

yeah – I had a mail-merge technical issue – felt like doing that :roll:[/quote:2s6wyzq8]

wasn’t bored today – but had the same problem I had last time

DAMN MICROSOFT WORD MAIL-MERGE AND PRINTER SETTINGS FAILURE /rant

la dee da la dee da la dee da
      BUMP

la dee da

blueczarina
      Spectator

i would be bored at work as well except i have a week off, a paid week off. 8) read it and weep at your keyboard.

i’m so glad too. my work was stressing my ass. i’ve practically lived there for the last few weeks.

how about this though.

let’s say your house is on fire and its all going to burn. your own ass aside, what would you save if you had a few extra minutes to save a few items.

http://theburninghouse.com/

second scenario:

let’s say your Smashing Pumpkin collection was about to go up in flames, but you had a couple seconds to grab a few things. what would you save?

marigold
      Spectator

I have paid leave at the moment too :)

that’s so cute that one guy would save the teddy bear his daughter made – awwwww!

some of those people have weird stuff they’d save – a scarf, a flag, books – can all be replaced easily

I’d grab my bag which has my passport and phone in it. It depends how much time there was if I was to save anything else, including SP items. I have a couple of scrapbooks I’d save if there was time, and maybe my computer back-up disk which has hundreds of photos and mp3s on it.

Also – some advice from people I know affected by the Christchurch earthquake – this applies to any disaster – MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PHONE CHARGED AT ALL TIMES. Yep.

i don’t want to think about houses on fire. :(

marigold
      Spectator

Just make sure your phone is charged!

I have to take minutes of meetings every 2-3 weeks (and I hate taking minutes and typing them up – YAWN), but last week’s meeting was cancelled because of the SNOW! :D

it’s one of those days again. i think i’m just that tiny bit too tired to work properly. bleh.

also, i found out that all the work i did yesterday – which was actually quite a lot – can be thrown away again. and then i’ll have to do it again in a couple of weeks. this is not good for my motivation.

marigold
      Spectator

yeah – had the same sort of issue, did a lot of work on a document, submitted it for comment/review, then someone went and rearranged/rewrote the whole thing. :roll:

and another meeting tonight…yawn

Arthur
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Uz1icjwrM[/youtube]

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump :(

marigold
      Spectator

do you want to do some of my work for me Bram?! :)

do you want to do some of my work for me Bram?! :)[/quote:1mtj884d]
      ooh! maybe. what kind of work is it?

it has to be fun. otherwise i might as well do some of my own work. i’m sure you understand.

marigold
      Spectator

Yes – research! Research is fun!!! :)

jupiter
      Spectator

nicely done!

Viewing 66 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.