Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

If they say fruit is good for you, how come every time I eat it I become sick?
      It’s usually only like a bananna or some thing and I will get a huge stomach ache.

any thought?

Just thought I try a new topic. :D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

maybe you are allergic to something in them?

i can’t eat watermelon cause it makes my throat close up. :(

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

aww, I’m sorry, that’s one of the few fruits I can eat. Most others I can’t especially banannas, they make me throw up.

Guess, I have to go get some supplements then. :)

I have no clue if I’m allergic or not. It might be a slight reaction though.

blueczarina
      Spectator

http://foodallergens.ifr.ac.uk/food.las … ted_food=5

here is some info on banana allergies. its kind of interesting.

Banana allergy can take two different forms: one associated with allergy to tree pollen, such as birch, and another type associated with latex allergy. People with birch-pollen allergy can develop symptoms either immediately or up to 1 hour after eating fresh banana or a banana-containing food. Symptoms comprise local reactions in the mouth and throat with itching and inflammation (called oral allergy syndrome, OAS).

Others develop banana allergy because of the similarity between the allergens in banana and natural rubber latex (e.g. gloves, condoms, balloons) a condition known as the latex-fruit syndrome. Symptoms developed by these individuals comprise generalized urticaria, abdominal pain, vomiting and sometimes life-threatening symptoms. These individuals often develop adverse reactions to chestnut, avocado, mango and kiwi. [/quote:2fe6p5et]

my husband has OAS he can’t eat any raw fruits or veggies. they make his throat itch really bad.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

thats his version of the story anyway! :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha :lol:

yeah, my little brother should use that excuse. to date he has never really eaten vegetables that weren’t potatoes/ fries and he is about to graduate high school. :lol:

Viewing 6 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.