Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

toad32r
      Spectator

A lot of the fans have been saying how this is a horrible decision for him because it makes him seem like a sell-out. I’m not sure how I feel, as a Smashing Pumpkins fan I feel disappointed that he would fall into something like this, but has a Guitar Hero fan, it’s pretty awesome. I just really have mixed feelings about it.

What do you think about this? Do you have anything against it, or are you fine with it?

:?: :?:

Marcella
      Spectator

Excuse my lack of arguments but I find it cool. It’d be a sin not to include such legend as Billy in a game that’s dedicated to honor them, in my humble opinion.

Anonymous
      Spectator

IMO…I don’t think this is selling out. Seriously you have to make a living right? He’s promoting a new song and also 2 older songs as well. The generation playing GH will be exposed to them and either
      A. like them
      B. not like them

it’s exposure and a lot of people are playing GH now days, so why shouldn’t Billy get on GH and strut his stuff?????
      Billy is a Guitar hero :) and one smart cookie ;)

it keeps people listening to their music regardless of how, and I can’t forget to mention music is important in life
      especially SP music!!

Pipoka
      Spectator

Well i’m not fine with it, but i don’t have anything against it either…
      I’m trying to understand this decision, but i think that making this release an exclusive for GH, is a bit sad for all the fans that aren’t players of this game…

I’m hoping that Europe still have a physical release, or am i hoping wrong? :roll:
      I’m confused, i must say….

Anonymous
      Spectator

Pip I think they are still releasing the song for us, but it’s coming out after the GH release?? I think.
      I thought it was to be released in September, but I have read after GH comes out. itunes in US and cd in Europe?
      Anyways it’s still a good thing for him to do this….

Pipoka
      Spectator

Pip I think they are still releasing the song for us, but it’s coming out after the GH release?? I think.
      I thought it was to be released in September, but I have read after GH comes out. itunes in US and cd in Europe?
      Anyways it’s still a good thing for him to do this….[/quote:2r3913or]

If that’s true, i totally agree with you ;)

well it’s a bit late for me, time to bed now… (without 4am phones calls i hope) :wink:

DanBLON00
      Spectator

It’d be a sin not to include such legend as Billy in a game that’s dedicated to honor them, in my humble opinion.[/quote:1l3jyn5w]

you got a point there!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I think it’s a little strange. I saw the prototype of Billy, basically the getup he was wearing at the final metro show. Taking this one image of Billy and immortalizing it in a game is kinda crappy. Would be cool if you could select which era of Billy you wanted and go with that style.

I’m not a fan of GH, I’ve actually never played it. It seems insane to me to spend hours pushing buttons like a guitar instead of actually learning to fucking play it. lol. You know? My god, you could easily play these songs for real and probably buy a guitar/amp etc. for the price you pay to mimic the real thing.

I guess all in all, I’m not a big fan of the GH idea, so to me, it’s kinda lame. :(

blueczarina
      Spectator

did anyone think the choice in outfit was a bit weird? the silver skirt get up. i know its just Billy- wearing dress as always :wink: – but part of me wonders how that will be perceived by a more general perhaps non-pumpkinhead audience. i guess i think of teens like my little brother playing it and i know how they would react to a dude in a dress (i don’t think i need to say more :roll: ), so i guess i just thought it was an odd choice for the company to go with that for a game targeted at that crowd.

we all know Billy likes to sport a dress, so its not a WTF? thing to us so much, but i would think it might be to the main crowd that plays that game that maybe isn’t as familiar with the whole experience that is smashing pumpkins- shimmery skirts and all. :wink:

i could be wrong and i hope maybe some people decide to check out the SP (*cough* my brother with his lame music tastes) , but its just a thought i guess. :wink:

i don’t mind the Billy wear though.

Iridesce
      Spectator

I think having the skirt in the game is a bold move, though I like it. I think the ZERO shirt and silver pants would’ve been more recognizeable, though, the skirt shows the Billy of now, what he was wearing during the era this song came out.

As for being featured on GH, I guess Billy knows what he’s doing (he knows and lives the music world better than most), and he had good things to say about it in the video. I mean I’m a little suprised that he did this, but honestly, when I played Rock Band at my friend’s place a few times (and aceing Cherub Rock on vocals the first time I played! hah, anyone else guilty?), I couldn’t help making a BC looking character. I mean, it’s a fun game, and it does open up alot of doorways to new music, and you can learn alot from it, but I still think real instruments are the way to go.

i don’t play any games, so i don’t care.

it’s a bit like the poetry book. i don’t read poetry, so i didn’t buy the book.

I don’t think it’s selling out at all.

I mean, guitar hero has become huge in the music world. Everybody loves it. I expect when Billy was offered that, he didn’t think \"Oh cool more money/exposure/etc.\" but something more along the lines of \"Friggin’ sweet!\".

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I don’t think it’s selling out at all.

I mean, guitar hero has become huge in the music world. Everybody loves it. I expect when Billy was offered that, he didn’t think "Oh cool more money/exposure/etc." but something more along the lines of "Friggin’ sweet!".[/quote:1h9udrg2]

Yeah I’m with you, I’ve never actually played any of the Guitar Hero/Rock Band type games, nor do I have any desire to, but I am a gamer, and the thought of being able to see myself in a game, even one I didn’t like, I wouldn’t think twice, I’d be straight in :P
      I don’t know if Billy plays games at all, but I imagine his reaction would have been more along the lines of "sweet I’m going to be in a game!!" rather than "kerching!!" :P

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Who cares?

Let the man be.

Look at it as promotion for the band.

Cheer up people! :wink:

toad32r
      Spectator

This has no negative impact to me at all. When you see a product, and realize it has SP on it, I think about buying it because of that. If it didn’t, I might not even think twice about it. Gives the fans a chance to play/listen to their favorite band.

Viewing 14 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.