Viewing 259 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

Did any watch it?
      I did and I felt like McCain was trying to use his scare tactics towards the end to get that vote…
      I think he blew this one..lol
      old fashioned tactics are not going to work, they haven’t worked for us and why would they still. Look at our country..sure it’s great, but it could be greater like it once was…a long time ago………

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah i watched it. i wasn’t impressed with McCain either.

i can’t wait for the VP debate though. Biden is going to eat Palin alive.

\"i can see Russia from my house. it gives me foreign policy experience.\" LOL :roll:

Anonymous
      Spectator

yeah..I’m way excited to see him turn her upside down..I bet she get flustered..LOL
      Biden’s gonna rip her to shreds, like the Bush administration did to the financial institution of this country
      ooh excitement

Didn’t McCain seem like he was trying to scare people though with the terror and war stuff? It was like he was talking on the side whispering evil nonsense….I was laughing at it…

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah McCain was being a bit much. i especially liked the \"he just doesn’t understand\" comment he kept making and his comments about Putin- made me laugh.

\"when i stare into his eyes i just see K-G-B\" :lol:

and i predict Palin will run off in tears as she is going to get thrashed.

did you see her Katie Couric interview? it was so bad i was embarrassed for her. she knows nothing and all she did was stutter and try to pull something out of the air.

i started to watch the debate, then i fell asleep, boring to the max. mcain just kept saying the same stuff, an so was obama, the poor moderator guy was like, hey answer the question i asked you. that debate was better than anything to send me off to sleepy land.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i thought it was good myself, but i’m obsessed with election stuff.

i want to see the vp debate, i can’t wait for biden to f*ck up. i don’t lie him at all, hillary is better. he said that hillary would have been a better choice.

blueczarina
      Spectator

personally i think Biden is going to destroy Palin :twisted:

Anonymous
      Spectator

personally i think Biden is going to destroy Palin :twisted:[/quote:t76ejjf6] :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: why yes he is….

blueczarina
      Spectator

personally i think Biden is going to destroy Palin :twisted:[/quote:bpdgod7h] :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: why yes he is….[/quote:bpdgod7h]

yup :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

and at least someone is with me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

biden is a fuck up, hillary would have been better, it would have been a slam dunk that way. biden can’t keep his dumb comments to himself. he must have been watching too much tv during the depression, killed his brain cells.

if he says the wrong thing in the debate people will like sara palin better, her numbers go up every time they say something bad about her. you think they would learn.

Biden may be a fuck up, but Palin is a moron.

A really big moron.

No matter what you say, Biden is better than her.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Biden may be a fuck up, but Palin is a moron.

A really big moron.

No matter what you say, Biden is better than her.[/quote:hlrjd03q]

Amen :o

Anonymous
      Spectator

I think it’s funny how they tend to shun her from the media..she’s very limited in the media right now. My guess is she isn’t done reading their script they forwarded to her. I hope none of the questions are screened because of her lack of experience. Then she is screwed…lol :twisted: :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

I think it’s funny how they tend to shun her from the media..she’s very limited in the media right now. My guess is she isn’t done reading their script they forwarded to her. I hope none of the questions are screened because of her lack of experience. Then she is screwed…lol :twisted: :P[/quote:3je87hxr]

oh yeah

and it is true- the only time she can give a speech is when she is given a speech by someone else to read.

ok, have you all been under a rock when biden fucks up on tv?

HILLARY IS BETTER!!!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Sarah Palin is a fucking retard.

John McCain is not. I thought he did EXTREMEMLY well in the first debate. Many of the ideas/statements he made, I had a hard time finding fault with.

On the other hand, I felt Obama wasn’t attacking very much and not representing the Democratic base very well.

I saw the first debate as a draw.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Joe Biden vs. Sarah Palin.

I wouldn’t count her out just yet. She does horribly unscripted, but they may prepare her with many attack statements. I’m sure Biden will be prepared as well, but morons may eat her up, again.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Sarah Palin is a fucking retard.

John McCain is not. I thought he did EXTREMEMLY well in the first debate. Many of the ideas/statements he made, I had a hard time finding fault with. [/quote:2op7xsej]

seriously- "lets freeze ALL government spending except defense and veterans benefits"- hatchet plan if you ask me. that will fix things. :roll:

On the other hand, I felt Obama wasn’t attacking very much and not representing the Democratic base very well.

I saw the first debate as a draw.[/quote:2op7xsej]

and on the Obama front i think he did a good job linking McCain to Bush’s policies

i will agree it was close though :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, and McCain was being a ‘tard and going a little overboard on Russia. :roll: it was amusing but makes you think that he would be the type to start something with his mouth

how many times did obama say that mcain was \"absolutly right\"? just wondering.

and hillary is beter.

blueczarina
      Spectator

how many times did obama say that mcain was "absolutly right"? just wondering.[/quote:1rgzgg7b]

:?:

Anonymous
      Spectator

well they do agree on some things, but there are policies they don’t agree on.
      Did anyone see the Chris Rock show on HBO last night-funny ass shit talking about the election…
      Also I think one of the biggest concerns is that McCain will croak and Palin will take over.
      So here’s a funny one from last night
      Palin is out killing moose and why is Michael Vick in jail :lol: :lol:
      yeah yeah we could go into the technicalities of it, but overall it’s just funny!!!

ok, technicalities,

dog fighting, duh!

hunting for food, duh!

Anonymous
      Spectator

:lol:
      guess you had to see it..it was funnneeee

some pumpkins
      Spectator

mc cain has been slipping in the polls and had more on the line going into the debate. whereas obama had the momentum and played the role more of getting himself out there and trying to let the audience know who he is and what he specifically is going to do. thats been his biggest struggle. obama scored huge when he looked directly at mc cain and pointed at him and railed on him for iraq. i thought that was badass. and he also looked directly at the camera at times. another plus. he called out mc cain on his blantant lies that hes been saying on taxes. im glad he got to do that. however, mc cain was more on offense and obama played more defense. which i think gave the advantage to mc cain. however, you can see how mc cains jabs back didnt go over well with the people giving their reactions at the bottom of the screen, and that there was no eye contact from mc cain the entire time. people wont like that. mc cain needed to hit a home run at this debate. a debate, where for half of the time, it was about his supposed specialty of foreign ploicy. i think its a win for obama. and lastly, obama kept repeating the line \"john is right\" because i believe he was trying to show the american people trhat he is willing to accept when a republican has a good idea and bring out the spirit of unity. can you tell im a democrat?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

mc cain has been slipping in the polls and had more on the line going into the debate. whereas obama had the momentum and played the role more of getting himself out there and trying to let the audience know who he is and what he specifically is going to do. thats been his biggest struggle. obama scored huge when he looked directly at mc cain and pointed at him and railed on him for iraq. i thought that was badass. and he also looked directly at the camera at times. another plus. he called out mc cain on his blantant lies that hes been saying on taxes. im glad he got to do that. however, mc cain was more on offense and obama played more defense. which i think gave the advantage to mc cain. however, you can see how mc cains jabs back didnt go over well with the people giving their reactions at the bottom of the screen, and that there was no eye contact from mc cain the entire time. people wont like that. mc cain needed to hit a home run at this debate. a debate, where for half of the time, it was about his supposed specialty of foreign ploicy. i think its a win for obama. and lastly, obama kept repeating the line \"john is right\" because i believe he was trying to show the american people trhat he is willing to accept when a republican has a good idea and bring out the spirit of unity. can you tell im a democrat?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

twice, sorry

ok, i don’t agree with either canidate totally, but when obama says he will have a tax cut for 95% of americans it is not the whole truth. he wants to take money from the rich and give it to everyone else. rich to him is 250,000. to me yes that is alot of money, but if i worked hard to earn it and you want to take it away to give to others who did not earn it in any way, how is that right? it isn’t.

also i am looking for the site with all the votes too, for info for manilla and for other things i would like to know, when i do find it i will post his voting record and how many days he has actually been working.

like i said before hillary was the better choice. i am a democrat, but this shit just ain’t flying for me. i am most likely not going to vote this year for pres. but i am not gonna think obama is some great wind of change just because all of the news outlets make him out to be, he is becoming like all the others, a big talker.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i agree that obama is making promises he isn’t going to be able to keep. but so is mc cain. whether either candidate likes it or not, for at least their first year in office, their attention is going to have to be focused on the $700 billion bailout. monitering it, understanding it, and modifying it. hilary would have had my vote on supertuesday hands down, had obama not been in this race. the reason he got my vote is that he’s younger and in my opinion sees more on my level how the system is broken in so many ways. he’s a fresh face to me. for the most part, im pretty sure hilary and obama were very much on the same page on virtually every issue. the big difference obviously is how they voted on the iraq war. im with obama on that issue. the war should have never have happened. other than that, to me, they’re the same candidate. please point out some more differences, if you happen to know any more. if obama had picked hilary as his running mate, i believe this race would be over. however, the republicans scared obama into thinking he would lose the election based on his lack of foregin policy experience, and he went with biden to take care of that. then the republicans pick palin. they picked her to try to grab just enough of the hilary vote by making their own case for making history by having a pit bull, ultra conservative, hockey mom vp in office and to bring out their own stance for change. i think it was a smart move at first. but now luckily the country seems to be seeing who sara palin really is. and how its all puppetry with the republicans. im a middle class individual. so, with either candidate, im not going to be recieving any tax benefits. so i dont really care if the rich are going to hae to be paying more in taxes. when im a millionaire, then i’ll become a republican. lol

Anonymous
      Spectator

I don’t know I have been middle class & poor and if I had $ I wouldn’t mind some of my $$ helping out people like me if I ever had $$ to do it. If I could do more right now I so would ,but my charity giving is pretty limited to about 100 bucks or so a year…beyond what they take for taxes…
      As for Hillary and Obama yeah they pretty much have the same views…
      If McCain gets in we will go further downhill than where we all our currently at..It won’t affect the rich, but it will affect us middle and lower class people.
      As for the shitty bailout
      I think it sux we have to pay the tab for this when most are already hurting…take take take with nothing to give. It’s not our fault the private companies fucked up their finances.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

its true, we didn’t fuck up, corporate america did. royally. however, we need this bailout. right now WE’RE not hurting (supposedly), but if we dont bailout these companies, things are very sure to trickle down to becoming our problem. i think that’s a guarantee. im glad they’ve put in conditions on this bailout. suchas, since the government is going to be taking over on these companies financial woes, its going to allow the government to be able to buy stocks from these companies, and if there is any money made off the purchasing of those stocks, the profits will go directly to taxpayer. there’s other stuff too, but i can’t recall anymore.

Anonymous
      Spectator

yes, but there is a possibility that they will screw us even though it suppose to help us tax payers later…something will come up for us to be put on hold for some reason or another..I hope not, but it’s the government and when do they really honestly give a rats ass about us-the people…
      so I hope to God it works..
      Now not sure if anyone read the email that was floating around about how the government should have gave that bail out $$ to the people which could have been over $200,000 a person/household (over18) and some of us could have paid our mortgages off and we could cough of the $$ to these companies…
      I just heard about..I could have someone send me the email to take a look-but they aren’t at their work today so maybe tomorrow..

manillascissor
      Keymaster

the government will never pay off our mortgages for us. how can they?

if they did, i’d be pissed as fuck, because i still live in an apartment for this sole reason:

i can’t afford a house.

so those who bought a house and can’t afford it get bailed out, while i still need a fucking house!!!!! god i’d be pissed!!!!

Anonymous
      Spectator

once i get that email I’ll post it up here..I”m curious what it said..
      from my understanding it was a good idea and you would be included cuz you are over 18, BUT it’s not an option so DAMN!!!!

That email has to be a hoax. Paying off everyone’s mortgages would be impossible.

I have trouble blaming the gov’t in this, since from what I understand, most of this stems from people defaulting on mortgages and home loans. Sorry, but if you make $40,000 a year, you shouldn’t be accepting a $400,000 loan just because the banks offer it to you. People need to take responsibility of their own actions; not take the loan, default, then blame the government.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I was under the impression that this \"Bailout\" was not yet certain to happen, am I wrong on that?

My 2 cents on the whole thing as Johnny Foreigner is that

A: Obama is certainly the candidate of the 2 that would get my vote, though neither impress me all that much, the last thing the world needs is Bush V2.0

B: This bailout may be a necassary action on the part of the US government, however to simply hand over the money to these private companies is not IMO a good idea. There should be restrictions, assurances and penalties attached to this proposed blank check.
      BTW where is this money coming from? Surely if the government had this money to simply throw at the problem, then there was never really an economic crisis to begin with?
      My guess is that the most likely sources for the money would be China or Saudi Arabia, not a great idea for any long term solutions if you ask me.
      Seeing as the crisis seems to stem from the price of oil (difficult to believe seeing as the US oil prices are pretty much eclipsed by other countries, Western European in particular), perhaps that money would be better spent on reducing the nations dependence upon it?

Apologies if my information is wrong/inaccurate

some pumpkins
      Spectator

That email has to be a hoax. Paying off everyone’s mortgages would be impossible.

I have trouble blaming the gov’t in this, since from what I understand, most of this stems from people defaulting on mortgages and home loans. Sorry, but if you make $40,000 a year, you shouldn’t be accepting a $400,000 loan just because the banks offer it to you. People need to take responsibility of their own actions; not take the loan, default, then blame the government.[/quote:iuwt46kj]

very true that people shouldn’t have applied for these loans in the first place.

also true that the companies were very greedy in making these bad loans.

the result is the situation we’re in today.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

I was under the impression that this "Bailout" was not yet certain to happen, am I wrong on that?

My 2 cents on the whole thing as Johnny Foreigner is that

A: Obama is certainly the candidate of the 2 that would get my vote, though neither impress me all that much, the last thing the world needs is Bush V2.0

B: This bailout may be a necassary action on the part of the US government, however to simply hand over the money to these private companies is not IMO a good idea. There should be restrictions, assurances and penalties attached to this proposed blank check.
      BTW where is this money coming from? Surely if the government had this money to simply throw at the problem, then there was never really an economic crisis to begin with?
      My guess is that the most likely sources for the money would be China or Saudi Arabia, not a great idea for any long term solutions if you ask me.
      Seeing as the crisis seems to stem from the price of oil (difficult to believe seeing as the US oil prices are pretty much eclipsed by other countries, Western European in particular), perhaps that money would be better spent on reducing the nations dependence upon it?

Apologies if my information is wrong/inaccurate[/quote:1bdfdpi5]

you make some good points.

the bailout was just rejected, and it did have those restrictione you mentioned above. in part, it didnt pass because of the negative connotations with the word "bailout" another reason is that people in congress didnt want to commit to this if it doesnt work cuz they’re all up for re election, and they wouldnt want to lose their seats now, would they? fucking politicians. ive been hearing that if they had called it what it truly is"a rescue plan" people might have been more willing to go for it. i dont think the money is going to come from china or saudi arabia, well actually some from china i believe, but from what i heard the u.s. is just going to print more money, which will weaken the dollar even further. oil prices are priced with the most economically powerful countries currency. right now, its the u.s. dollar. so, oil is going to go up, for shizzle.

Anonymous
      Spectator

The email was an idea and I am not sure who did it
      here is a small breakdown by my hubby -he has the email at work

If you spread out the amount of $$ that they are using to bail out AIG to everyone in the USA that is 18+ years old each person would get about $290,000.00 (after taxes), a couple would get $580,000.00 (after taxes) and that would be enough to bring the economy back around, everyone would have enough to pay off their house and them some and the and the government would get about 60,000,000.00 back in taxes because everyone would have to pay taxes on the amount of money they receive. That would take care of the housing crisis and the economy all at once.
      The email breaks it down much better than this, but it’s NOT anything that is being discussed in the government..
      SO as soon as I get the actual email sent tomorrow to me I will post for all of you to read and see if you agree with the idea

so what did you think of the vp debate, no one commented on it yet. :wink:

my comment, they both did a really good job. i didn’t see a clear winner, but palin did step up, and put to rest the comments about how she doesn’t know a thing. she did a good job, but so did biden, i didn’t think that one did better than the other.

I started watching it and fell asleep. Not sure if I fell asleep because I was tired, bored, or mad. Maybe all 3? From what I saw, they both leave something to be desired.

i fell asleep on the first debate!

Anonymous
      Spectator

I thought it was kinda boring… Yes they both leave much to be desired. She did however make a few mistakes on the names of people while she was speaking about things from the past with other countries.

Yeah, but Biden cited his stance on Bosnia. Uhhh…wasn’t that like, 10 years ago? Pretty sad if the best/most recent example of how you vote is from a decade ago. Just found that funny. Probably 1/3 of the voters in this election hardly remember Bosnia!

Anonymous
      Spectator

yeah…I was a little thrown from that topic by him.
      Not sure if anyone watched it in high def, but they have scorecards on the screen (CNN HD)
      according to those he blew her away, but that really doesn’t matter because the commentators were saying she beat him..I thought it was pretty even..he does have that experience over her so they glorified him in that sense, but overall…I wasn’t to thrilled with the debate.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

governor palin just comes across as a cue card reading idiot.

biden comes across experienced and somewhat evil (cheshire cat). but i like what biden had to say. heard it all before, but he spoke \"washington\" very well. palin never tried. she did the ole ross perot, i don’t speak your talk, i’m an outsider. came across pretty GD lame.

they asked her, what will you have to take back, as one of your promises to the american people, given the economic crisis?

she said (paraphrasing, barely), i’ve been in this race, what, 5 weeks? i haven’t promised much.

????? talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yeah, but Biden cited his stance on Bosnia. Uhhh…wasn’t that like, 10 years ago? Pretty sad if the best/most recent example of how you vote is from a decade ago. Just found that funny. Probably 1/3 of the voters in this election hardly remember Bosnia![/quote:1v60srqa]

He also said the past is the prologue. If you bothered to stay up you would have seen this. He also cited other, more recent examples of how he voted. But he has a record of close to 30 years.

This is a plus to some, a negative to others. Just cause he was around during Bosnia, shouldn’t take away from who he is as a candidate.

Anonymous
      Spectator

[/quote:2m2530wp] :lol:
      Glad I’m not the only one who sees this…
      I thinks it was pretty obvious she received questionnaire packet 101 to review before this debate, and kept looking at her crap job of notes she took while reading the packet the other day :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

biden comes across experienced and somewhat evil (cheshire cat). but i like what biden had to say. heard it all before, but he spoke "washington" very well. palin never tried. she did the ole ross perot, i don’t speak your talk, i’m an outsider. came across pretty GD lame.

they asked her, what will you have to take back, as one of your promises to the american people, given the economic crisis?

she said (paraphrasing, barely), i’ve been in this race, what, 5 weeks? i haven’t promised much.

????? talk about shooting yourself in the foot.[/quote:2ead8qb7]

AMEN

she was awful. and she wouldn’t answer the questions given to her she would just take the time to answer her own questions- the ones she was probably coached with. :roll:

it was beyond sad. Palin could neither give her position or McCain’s for that matter on any subject. and on ABC News they counted and she only mentioned Obama roughly 16 times where Biden talked about McCain a ton. but i guess that’s because she knows as little about her opponents as she knows about her own positions or McCains positions or the names of news magazines or Russia or anything else pertaining to politics or this nation for that matter. :roll: hell, she doesn’t even know what the constitution says about the role of the VP.

but on the upside if you want a former beauty queen with pretty hair and a wink and an old fart in the White House- by all means vote McCain/ Palin. :wink: hee haw :roll:

and on the Biden front- i think the fact that he has established foreign policy experience is a plus. and really- so he was around for Bosnia- i don’t think that makes him dated and irrelevant in the foreign policy game. and if critics are going to claim that- what about McCain? he was around for the Revolution. :roll: hell, our nation’s first George probably still had his teeth when McCain entered into politics.

you all are just mad cause she didn’t fuck up real bad. i think it is funny. did you see the interview with her on gretta van sustern last night? pretty interesting.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i must admit i expected tears. :cry: poor Sarah tears :cry:

i will admit she did better than expected, but she still didn’t do good and i’m still pro- Obama/ Biden. it beats the alternative.

i didn’t see the interview though. what happened?

she explained things, and what happened on the katie couric interview. also gretta did a poll and asked if people thought the media was biased against sarah palin, 98% said yes, 2% said no, and gretta said that 2% must be the media’s family members.

also when she was again asked about the supreme court cases she opposed, she said she would never touch roe v. wade. so there people. she is pro life, but not pro women goto back woods dr’s and die, she and mcain just might get my vote. that is a big issue for me. i would never have an abortion, and i would never advise someone to get one, i would advocate adoption, and prevention, but i think everyone should have a right to choose.

and manilla, i am close to finding that info for you, i haven’t forgotten.

blueczarina
      Spectator

what happened on the Katie Couric interview was that Palin was asked questions she should know, but couldn’t answer them because she doesn’t know what she should given the position she is in.

and honestly to me, i think there are bigger issues than just abortion to consider. the economy and foreign policy for example. this country has gone to hell and i don’t think abortion is the center of that.

and on the supreme court front- i think the big criticism there was that she can’t name any other court case beyond Roe v Wade.

and about abortion- more women would probably go to backwoods doctors if abortions were illegal. at least now they have the option of going to a proper clinic.

i’m not being pissy (well, maybe a little :wink:) or attacking you at all bullet- i’m just saying i don’t like her or McCain and will never be convinced because i’m stubborn that way. :twisted: mwaahaha

it’s cool. plus, i agree with thier foreign policy, and thier economics, the abortion topic was one that was holding me back from liking them. we need a hard stance on foreing poicy from someone who knows what to do, obama doesn’t, hillary didn’t think so, and i trust her judgement. she said she would be proud to run against mcain, i think she should be. she would have done a better job than obama. am i to much on the hillary train? oh well…………….

blueczarina
      Spectator

you are on the Hillary train :lol:

i know it, and i am just so upset that she didn’t get the nomination. :cry: :cry: :cry:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i know. i would have voted for her too.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Subject: FW: If You were The Boss… which team would you hire?

I thought this was an interesting way of comparing candidates and worth passing
      on —–

With America facing historic debt, multiple war fronts, stumbling health care, a
      weakened dollar, all-time high prison population, skyrocketing Federal spending,
      mortgage crises, bank foreclosures, etc. etc., this is an unusually critical

election year.

Let’s look at the educational background of the candidates and see what they
      bring to the job:

Obama:

Occidental College – Two years.

Columbia University – B.A. political science with a specialization in
      international relations.

Harvard – Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

Biden:

University of Delaware – B.A. in history and B.A. in political science.

Syracuse University College of Law – Juris Doctor (J.D.)

vs.

McCain:

United States Naval Academy – Class rank 894 out of 899 (meaning that, like

George Bush,McCain was at the bottom of his class)

Palin:

Hawaii Pacific University – 1 semester

North Idaho College – 2 semesters – general study

University of Idaho – 2 semesters – journalism

Matanuska-Susitna College – 1 semester

University of Idaho – 3 semesters – B.A. in journalism

I just got this email today…kind of interesting

ummmmmmm, mcain and palin have had alot of on the job training. and alot of school doens’t make you good at your job, it makes you good at school.

blueczarina
      Spectator

wow, McCain and Palin are pretty impressive :roll: lol

and Palin has not had a lot of job training. she hasn’t been at her job for long and she is the governor of a few eskimos, a seal or two, a miner, and a polar bear.

Anonymous
      Spectator

wow, McCain and Palin are pretty impressive :roll: lol

and Palin has not had a lot of job training. she hasn’t been at her job for long and she is the governor of a few eskimos, a seal or two, a miner, and a polar bear.[/quote:162dhzh0] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

as Billy says Fuck politics

Ok, a bit late for the abortion topic, but oh well.

Even if you’re ‘pro-life’, Palin’s views on abortion are horrifically anti-women.

She is an advocate of refusing abortion in all cases – including in the event of rape and incest. The woman will have to raise that child.

How can anybody support that?

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised (and I think she actually does) if she is an advocate of abstinence only Sex-ed. There has been research that kids who are ‘taught’ that are just as likely to have sex before marriage as those who aren’t. You might as well teach them to put a bit of rubber in between, ffs! It would reduce abortions!

Also, she believes that the earth was created 6000 years ago and that we co-existed with dinosaurs.

WHAT.

THE.

FUCK.

And the scary part is? McCain probably only has a few years left in him.

THIS ABSOLUTE FUCKING MORON COULD BECOME LEADER OF THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!

FUUUUUUUCK

I don’t care if you think Obama sucks. Just don’t vote Republican. PLEASE.

blueczarina
      Spectator

thats the best superlord :lol: and i agree- DON’T VOTE REPUBLICAN :o THEY ARE EVIL :evil:

Anonymous
      Spectator

well if she is an advocate what the hell happened to her daughter getting knocked up at an early age? her own daughter didn’t listen to the sex ed from her momma? I am one of those gals who got knocked up at 17, but I won’t even complain about it ever. and I was educated on it…

well if she is an advocate what the hell happened to her daughter getting knocked up at an early age?[/quote:2apmt9dh]

Welcome to the soap opera that is the Republican part this election.

Anonymous
      Spectator

definitely don’t need any more soap operas in this world..lol

manillascissor
      Keymaster

THIS ABSOLUTE FUCKING MORON COULD BECOME LEADER OF THE MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!

[/quote:4l4knmz7]

See the last 8 years.

Anonymous
      Spectator

If those Republicans become President and VP..I gotta move to a new country that has common sense :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

If those Republicans become President and VP..I gotta move to a new country that has common sense :lol:[/quote:3b9va5d3]

that was my thought :lol:

See the last 8 years.[/quote:3u23qyzf]

True.

Except that Bush isn’t a creationist. And his uncle was also president (right?). At least he had those running for him.

PALIN HAS NOTHING.

NOTHING!

this country has gone to hell and i don’t think abortion is the center of that.

[/quote:26gkos8u]

ROTFL. Really? You honestly believe that? It’s all relative I suppose.

blueczarina
      Spectator

this country has gone to hell and i don’t think abortion is the center of that.

[/quote:jngsvgy6]

ROTFL. Really? You honestly believe that? It’s all relative I suppose.[/quote:jngsvgy6]

yup, what i mostly meant though was that abortion shouldn’t be people’s main concern going into this election given the state of the economy and our many entanglements abroad. plus, i’m not all hardcore pro-life. and i’m not pro- killing babies either, but i think people should have the right to decide for themselves, in otherwise have all the options and go from there when it comes to abortion. it might not be for some of us, but it might be the best option for someone esle.

Anonymous
      Spectator

abortion is not a main factor for the country to get the economy back on it’s feet. It shouldn’t even be something to discuss in politics or the debates-it’s someone’s personal choice-not the governments. If everyone went around saying I am only voting because I don’t agree with abortion, then this country would be over populated, women would be getting coat hanger style abortions..and we would see health issues stemming from practices like that from those abortions. And the sad part is that style is still happening today. I am not fond of the idea of abortions that are performed while 4 & 5 months pregnant and beyond. but those people will have to deal with that decision they made at some point in their life and I am sure it would effect them emotionally later in life. God will teach them that.

no, but is it an important issue along with all the others. i am really still up in the air who i will vote for, if i even vote for the president. i already know who i am voting for in local politics, and on other issues in my area.

i think both canidates really have to step it up and make the public see why they are the best. but i can still write in hillary, we should so start a write in hillary campaign.

blueczarina
      Spectator

abortion is not a main factor for the country to get the economy back on it’s feet. It shouldn’t even be something to discuss in politics or the debates-it’s someone’s personal choice-not the governments.[/quote:38v3zeph]

my thoughts exactly

but if the gov is gonna start regulatng peoples bodies, like they want to, it needs to be something that people stand up for thier rights on.

and yes the economy is an important factor. and i don’t think obama wanting to spend 1 trillion dollars rightoff the bat is a good thing.

Anonymous
      Spectator

well I’m sure McCain has some spending ideas that he is not even telling us about…They are too busy Obama bashing since the polls are in the Dems favor…

i don’t think either canidate is telling the whole truth on what they would do, they are both to busy telling why the other is not that great. i think the town halls where people get to ask questions is the best setting to find those things out. i wonder if they will do any of those?

blueczarina
      Spectator

i think they decided no on the town hall meetings.

well that is dumb. they should have those. it lets people actually ask the questions they want answers to.

well that is dumb. they should have those. it lets people actually ask the questions they want answers to.[/quote:119k7d18]

Doesn’t mean they’ll actually get the answers they wanted. Or to the question they asked. Or any question asked, actually.

Sarah Palin, I’m looking at you!

blueczarina
      Spectator

Doesn’t mean they’ll actually get the answers they wanted. Or to the question they asked. Or any question asked, actually.

Sarah Palin, I’m looking at you![/quote:3lhbu7wt]

true :lol:

she didn’t answer any question she was given in that debate.

yeah, you have a point there, superlord.

blueczarina
      Spectator

indeed he does

Anonymous
      Spectator

Sarah Palin, I’m looking at you![/quote:24rtrc1b]

true :lol:

she didn’t answer any question she was given in that debate.[/quote:24rtrc1b]

That’s been their strategy lately…

blueczarina
      Spectator

true Pip

Arthur
      Spectator

This one should be in the poetry thread, but I like to post it here. :wink:

Politician

hollow words
      in a hollow room
      they sound impressive, don’t they

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, true. its all glorified bullshit thats meant to sound good.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Excellent!! for this thread :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

I watched the VP debate again and
      wow I feel very confident it the Obama Biden ticket.
      and tonight is going to be a good debate :twisted:
      don’t forget to watch it

blueczarina
      Spectator

there is a debate tonight? i have been so busy i guess i never checked.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I thought it was on Wednesday, but it’s tonight!! Got it confused with an email about the last debate being on a Wednesday…

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, ok. i will watch it then.

Anonymous
      Spectator

It’s McCain’s chance to try and take the dems down…
      It won’t happen

blueczarina
      Spectator

it better not happen

it better not happen[/quote:1e577jro]

What if it does?

Anonymous
      Spectator

it better not happen[/quote:1o3fd3ub]

What if it does?[/quote:1o3fd3ub]
      :lol: yeah what if?
      I don’t believe it will happen-If it does well, then we watch the smear campaigns get nutty :twisted:

blueczarina
      Spectator

it better not happen[/quote:1cph72e4]

What if it does?[/quote:1cph72e4]

if it does i will cry tears :cry:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Obama hands down!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

Obama hands down!![/quote:4hnddhi0]

heck yeah :P

Arthur
      Spectator

manillascissor for president!

and all the SPfreaks girls for his running mates!

Man, we would hear Pumpkins music in the White House all the time, can you imagine? I’m sure it would save the world. And if not, we had the Pumpkins anyway! :lol:

Forgive me, just a silly thought… :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, sounds like a plan :P :lol:

i was watching it, and they did do a town hall. i was suprised. i only watched part of it, and i am still not to thrilled with obama’s \"tax cuts\". but i didn’t watch the whole thing cause the shield came on, and i DO NOT miss that show for anything.

my friend and i were talking yesterday, she is writing hillary in too. wouldn’t that be awesome if hillary won the presidency in a write in? i think it would be.

Anonymous
      Spectator

manillascissor for president!

and all the SPfreaks girls for his running mates!

Man, we would hear Pumpkins music in the White House all the time, can you imagine? I’m sure it would save the world. And if not, we had the Pumpkins anyway! :lol:

Forgive me, just a silly thought… :wink:[/quote:3e7v9pw5]

Now that’s a splendid idea!!! Couldn’t be any worse then what’s in there now. In fact it would be better-you would create an all Pumpkins radio station for the country :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

and during your inauguration party Manilla, the Pumpkins play live for us and the world ;)

Wow, Manilla has quite a fan club goin’ on here! How’d he swing that?

Anonymous
      Spectator

:lol: I don’t know how he swung that? Don’t get to excited Manilla
      we still have our Billy fan club

😆 I don’t know how he swung that? Don’t get to excited Manilla
      we still have our Billy fan club[/quote:39c7f71b]

Yeah Manilla…. don’t get too excited. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

how about Billy for president? :lol:

then every time someone does something bad he could be all

Anonymous
      Spectator

how about Billy for president? :lol:

then every time someone does something bad he could be all

[/quote:x6bokdyz]
      It could work, but the I see you part kinda creeps me out- the government already pulls there i see you shit..lol
      At least we like Billy so it would be a much better I see you thing…but still creepy.
      unless I can see him too ;)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i started my campaign 20 months ago. they never invited me on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, nothing. I’m still a write in though.

Manilla 08.

Arthur is VP. ;)

Anonymous
      Spectator

I wonder what those election officials would say if I wrote your names in..LOL GO PUMPKINS???

blueczarina
      Spectator

Anonymous
      Spectator

Maybe Manilla is secretly Obama and Arthur is Biden..and the two on tv are just an illusion because the Pumpkins are taking over the world ;) with their stealthy ways…

blueczarina
      Spectator

the pumpkins should take over the world

Anonymous
      Spectator

I agree
      Oh life would be so happy with green hills, flowers, bubbles, rainbows, sunshine,raindrops, and all that fun stuff ;)
      lol

blueczarina
      Spectator

You girls have me chuckling…..

Anonymous
      Spectator

OOOOH we now have a flag for the campaign :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

OOOOH we now have a flag for the campaign :lol:[/quote:2nn84g08]

heck yeah :lol:

now back on topic- i just got my absentee ballot in the mail and i totally voted Obama. :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

now back on topic- i just got my absentee ballot in the mail and i totally voted Obama. :P[/quote:1fq98ss2]

:D Yeah!!!

now back on topic- i just got my absentee ballot in the mail and i totally voted Obama. :P[/quote:16ye5zkg]

:D Yeah!!![/quote:16ye5zkg]

I have mine, it’s still empty. Give me 5 good reasons to vote Obama……I’m curious what y’all concoct. :twisted:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

now back on topic- i just got my absentee ballot in the mail and i totally voted Obama. :P[/quote:sjtw3rwx]

:D Yeah!!![/quote:sjtw3rwx]

I have mine, it’s still empty. Give me 5 good reasons to vote Obama……I’m curious what y’all concoct. :twisted:[/quote:sjtw3rwx]

1. he believes healthcare is a ”right”
      2. i believe he truly understands much more than mc cain what the middle class is going through right now
      3. he seems very thoughtful and doesnt seem to be the type of person to make an unintelligent, rash decision "im suspending my campaign" "our economy is sound" " we are in an economic crisis" mc cain is all over the place
      4. the world will have a better view of our country and our government
      5. women’s right to choose (abortion)
      6. i believe his age will be a benefit to us. mc cain is a good guy, but i believe he is out of touch in this 21st century. i believe clinton was around the same age when he was eleected. he was a great president.

i wont list energy independence or stem cell research because mc cain is for that too. however, obama is much more open to utilizing stem cell research in more ways. (i could have put that better)

Anonymous
      Spectator

1. Obama wants to explore alternative energy sources-move away from foreign oil-not more drilling elsewhere

2. cut taxes for 95% of small businesses.Tax cut for 95% of all working families, not corporations

3. seems to understand what middle America is and what we are facing financially

4. wants all families to be able to afford college for their children-

5. invest in Early Childhood-(that’s where the educating begins with children being out of the home with 2 parents working.)

6. cut out the No Child Left Behind-which screwed school budgets, teachers, and students \"We need a sense of urgency about improving education system\"

7. wants to end the war in Iraq-which will stop our country from spending 10 billion a month on it.

9. believes Health care is a right

10. raise the minimum wage.

11. seems to have an understanding of what family is!!!

I could go on……

blueczarina
      Spectator

well that’s more than 5 reasons RTC- so now will you vote Obama instead of the old dude who won’t be much better than the last dude? :wink:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

how about 5 reasons why someone should vote for mccain?

Anonymous
      Spectator

how about 5 reasons why someone should vote for mccain?[/quote:3pwp19ej]

1?
      2?
      3?
      4?
      5?
      does that work for reasons????

blueczarina
      Spectator

how about 5 reasons why someone should vote for mccain?[/quote:2ex5omqp]

ok, its only fair

1. Obama has only been a proud American since 1961, whereas McCain has been a proud American since 1776

2. with America’s large baby boomer generation aging it would be good for a large portion of America to have someone in the White House that has gone over that hill and understands their specific needs

3. he might bring back Matlock

4. he is a one man jingle machine- "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran…"

5. he has enough houses to house all the people who have lost their homes in the mortgage crisis

and he is a MAVERICK- fuck yeah :o

Anonymous
      Spectator

how about 5 reasons why someone should vote for mccain?[/quote:xlo8ddvq]

ok, its only fair

1. Obama has only been a proud American since 1961, whereas McCain has been a proud American since 1776

2. with America’s large baby boomer generation aging it would be good for a large portion of America to have someone in the White House that has gone over that hill and understands their specific needs

3. he might bring back Matlock

5. he is a MAVERICK- fuck yeah[/quote:xlo8ddvq]

What a classic!!!! :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe :lol:

hey, jingles sell hotdogs and cheetos so why not war :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

hey, jingles sell hotdogs and cheetos so why not war :wink:[/quote:il6f9i3g]

I don’t know how this works, but I want a hotdog now for breakfast,and some salty chips..

blueczarina
      Spectator

as long as you don’t want to vote McCain its good :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

nope see Obama message above :lol:
      If McCain offered me a hotdog to eat I’d take it and say \"thanks, but I ain’t voting for you\" and we all know he’d be pissed off :lol: he’s too easy to piss off

blueczarina
      Spectator

he is easily pissed off thats for sure.

2. cut taxes for 95% of small businesses.Tax cut for 95% of all working families, not corporations
      [/quote:ypbegmr2]

How can you cut taxes for 95% of households when only 60% pay taxes to begin with?

How does cutting capital gains tax for small businesses help them when they don’t pay that tax to begin with? Small businesses report their income as personal. So there is no "tax break".

Obama on abortion? You want someone who would allow an abortion at 8 months? Cruel.

Obama as middle class? IMO he went from poor to elite, skipping middle class altogether.

I question a presidential candidate who gets his financial advice from the former CEO of Fannie May.

Ok then. Ballot is still blank, people!! Decisions…decisions……

Anonymous
      Spectator

ok take out all the tax shit and think about McCains dumb remark about I’m going to buy all the bad mortgages and sell them lower-So lose money on it? That won’t help nothing. And he’s is so quick to get angry-which is horrid when the man seems war happy..same goes with his Vp choice and her firing issue in Alaska. She’s persuaded by other people in a wrong way. Can’t have that in our government. Plus I’m sure McCain is all about taking over the world. It’s not are world to take over..IT’S EVERYONE’S to come together. We all may look different, but overall we are the same-we are all one. And McCain doesn’t have that view.
      One of my biggest reasons for voting Obama is education!
      For schools to get the money they need to educate these kids properly and with Early childhood-there needs to be money put into that. They are completely underpaid for the work that is in store for those teachers and child care costs have gone through the roof-quality or no quality care the price is out of control. 275 bucks week for a baby…It’s like paying a mortgage payment a month for childcare. You work to pay for childcare-that’s where damn near your whole paycheck goes. Many people who make great $ quit because they would rather stay home with their child then pay those rates when they can do it themselves…..

blueczarina
      Spectator

check this out freakies :?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081011/ap_ … _and_state

another reason to vote Obama

oh, and kind of unrelated, but evidently North Korea is a \"good\" country now :roll:
      http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=6009756

some pumpkins
      Spectator

if i was mc cain, i’de feel embarrased. embarrased at the type of people that support him. like people who stand up at town hall meeting still saying that obama’s an arab. embarrased by my vice presidential pick, someone who can only appeal to joe six pack. she’s a female george w.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i think she might be dumber than George W.

i would be damn embarresed if i was McCain too though. i’m sure this will go down as the worse VP pick ever unless someone in the future manages to find a worse one.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i actually feel some sympathy for him

blueczarina
      Spectator

i don’t really. he could have used Google.

Anonymous
      Spectator

i would be damn embarresed if i was McCain too though. i’m sure this will go down as the worse VP pick ever unless someone in the future manages to find a worse one.[/quote:248k5asd]
      I’m sure he’s managing to kick himself in the ass as much as he can…

Also did anyone see Cindy Crocker-McCain speak about how she is mad at Obama for not voting for the fund for the Iraq war…Well her husband McCain voted against it to, but when she is speaking to people that have no knowledge of that, of course they are going to believe what she said…

Arthur
      Spectator

I think in the end every country gets the president it deserves. If the US deserves McCain, it will get McCain.

Here in NL we have a somewhat adult Harry Potter renamed to Balkenende that tries to skate:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEbZhOjgjdw[/youtube]
      & is even being teached manners by the current American president!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Faj1qknS4_Y[/youtube]
      You think I’m a happy Dutch guy? Forget it!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i would be damn embarresed if i was McCain too though. i’m sure this will go down as the worse VP pick ever unless someone in the future manages to find a worse one.[/quote:3hl5m80u]
      I’m sure he’s managing to kick himself in the ass as much as he can…

Also did anyone see Cindy Crocker-McCain speak about how she is mad at Obama for not voting for the fund for the Iraq war…Well her husband McCain voted against it to, but when she is speaking to people that have no knowledge of that, of course they are going to believe what she said…[/quote:3hl5m80u]

seriously. some of the dumbest supporters ever.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i love how his supporters say theyre scared of obama and what kind of president he would be. i can say the same thing about mc cain.

Arthur
      Spectator

Not that I know much about US politics, but this is kinda amusing (read: disturbing), how politics are being played in the US.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0xzsogzAk[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i think he would be a scary president. he would be the type to overreact and fly off the handle i think.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

Not that I know much about US politics, but this is kinda amusing (read: disturbing), how politics are being played in the US.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0xzsogzAk[/youtube][/quote:33ycqfgs]

cool video. welcome to every four years in america.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i love retarded campaign ads.

here is one from my state.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux_d-7LXmo4[/youtube]

this dude cried and dropped out of the race because of this because he felt like they were calling him gay. mean, but funny ad nonetheless. :wink: and needless to say Max Baucus kicked his ass.

Anonymous
      Spectator

man the Dutch guy on the skateboard was hilarious..too bad he didn’t attempt to skate down the steps…lol
      as for the McCain ad-hell yeah that’s is pretty accurate!!!
      Seriously he has been in Washington for so long he has no idea what middle class is…not to mention he does not like to use the term middle class…and his wife is an elitist-I would like to see her pump gas into a car or better yet walk in to a quickie mart and get her ass a cup of coffee herself!
      I bet Barack and Michelle Obama know how to do both.
      Also how they want to connect Bill Ayers and Obama -you can’t Obama was 8 when the guy did that, but it’s ok to have ex KKK members be a part of the Senate a while back because they supposedly had changed their views…McCain was in office during their (ex KKK members) service in Washington.
      This world has some really challenged people in it…Grrrrr….

some pumpkins
      Spectator

man the Dutch guy on the skateboard was hilarious..too bad he didn’t attempt to skate down the steps…lol
      as for the McCain ad-hell yeah that’s is pretty accurate!!!
      Seriously he has been in Washington for so long he has no idea what middle class is…not to mention he does not like to use the term middle class…and his wife is an elitist-I would like to see her pump gas into a car or better yet walk in to a quickie mart and get her ass a cup of coffee herself!
      I bet Barack and Michelle Obama know how to do both.
      Also how they want to connect Bill Ayers and Obama -you can’t Obama was 8 when the guy did that, but it’s ok to have ex KKK members be a part of the Senate a while back because they supposedly had changed their views…McCain was in office during their (ex KKK members) service in Washington.
      This world has some really challenged people in it…Grrrrr….[/quote:2rkkhmkr]

a strom thurman refrence! word!

Anonymous
      Spectator

some pumpkins
      Spectator

more interesting things

http://www.burningcane.org/2008/07/gook … hy-it.html[/quote:1fwwk5fd]

as recently as 2000 huh? i hope obama plays this video during his half hour block of television he bought for the end of october.

i was just watching a commentator on cnn say how a week ago he was in some appalacian states and he couldnt believe how many people told him that obama was a arab.

and lastnight, i was watching an interviewer, interview about 10 elderly obama supporters from florida. and nearly all of them had said that they have had someone come up to them on the street and say that they wont vote for obama because he is black.

i can see why education is so important to you, reggae.

im embarrased of my country.

blueczarina
      Spectator

im embarrased of my country.[/quote:2zshxgvz]

me too :roll: i can’t believe people are still focused on race and shit. and i also hate this crap about Obama’s name. i have heard nurses at work talking about his name and how he has "muslim roots" and "terrorist connections" because of it. :roll: ‘tards

Anonymous
      Spectator

the government has managed to put the scare tactic that muslim equals terrorist and because Barack has a ‘different’ name then our culture is used to, people automatically attach muslim to him, which equals terrorist in their eyes, based on their little knowledge about things in the greater world. They are taught what they only want know and want to believe. And then there is the color issue….
      I have a hard time wanting to believe people’s ignorance on someone’s color. it’s just kills me that people are afraid of skin color…My husband is black and my children are mixed, obviously :lol:
      anyways there are many people who are accepting of different races, but there are many who don’t and there are many who pretend they aren’t had go behind closed doors and start saying disrespectful things about other races. It’s a fact. i believe my brother is a hidden racist. seen it heard it….he just doesn’t get it and doesn’t want to listen-keep on drinking, smoking stuff and lord knows what else.. He didn’t want to vote Obama because he is one of those afraid he is going to take control and the white people will be slaves..WTF???we grew up in the same house, but he’s a drunk, mouthy, racist. you can’t say you’re not and then turn around and use the term ‘nigger’ cuz your pissed at whatever or whoever race or not…it’s just disrespectful..same with using the term gook, cracker, honky, wetback, or chink, muslim=terrorist and so on…or name yourself the kkk for video games..To me that is racist feelings coming out…deeply hidden or not
      I dislike to see my children having to see people act so disrespectful towards a skin color or someone’s beliefs…..We are different (boy, girl, man ,woman, skin& hair color, beliefs), but we are the same(brain,heart,lungs,), We are all one!! It’s about having a positive mind, positive attitude, seeing the simple things, enjoying them, listening to them. It’s life we all have it and we should all embrace it with love. Love comes in colors I can’t deny!! Think about it.
      So yeah educating people who are unaware of the beauty in people and cultures of the world is very important on getting the US and the rest of the world in a much better position for mankind!!!

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m sorry if I offend anyone, but it is reality that people go around and use all of those toward people ..it’s not ok. I have worked in the public and seen these people just basically degrade one another it’s horrid…makes me sad that people are mean based on skin and beliefs…it’s in the cities it’s in the suburbs…
      My niece took a picture of a burning cross because she thought it was funny and put it on her myspace :shock:
      I’m offended..

some pumpkins
      Spectator

what state are you in reggae?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Minnesota in Minneapolis

some pumpkins
      Spectator

being 25 years old and living in los angeles. ive seen equality at its best and worst. we have some of the most openminded people without a racist bone in their body living here (im referring mostly to my peers) and some people who say the most retarded illogical things when it comes to race (im basically referring to all of the conservatives here with plenty of money) its truly a state of the haves, and the have-nots. i take the bus, and believe me, there are plenty of the have-nots living around here, who feel like they are not being heard. im one of them. the other day, i was in the car with my mom heading home, when someone made an illegal u turn and crashed right into us. then the guy proceded to drive away. luckily, seconds after the accident a police car passed by and he followed the guy and so did we. when they caught him, they pulled him out of the car and he was laying face down on the ground being cuffed. i went up to him and told him ghe was a fucking piece of shit nigger. he was a white guy, driving a brand new suv. i know that i shouldnt have used the word. and my mom sure told me to never say that again. she was very offended. but here was a guy who hit us, then decided to drive away, who didnt have insurance, didnt have a license, was on probation, had a warrant out, and was a \"little drunk\" according to what the plice officer told me. if that guy had been black or if any of the police officers had been black, i promise you i wouldnt have sad that word. but to me, a nigger isnt a black person. to me, and by definition, its a person who is subhuman, a person who doesnt deserve the dignity of being looked at as an equal human being. this was such a person. i wanted to kick that fuck right in his head. i dont know why im ssharing this story, and im sure its going to offend you guys, but my family is struggling, and thank god her car is still driveable. and that fuck is in jail right now and is losing his car for a month. he didnt care about us. he only cared about himself. he is truly a nigger.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

Minnesota in Minneapolis[/quote:20nywfvw]

im glad you’re in a swing state. we need more people like you, with your kind of story living there. im sorry if my last story offends you.

Anonymous
      Spectator

no your story doesn’t necessarily offend me. i understand where you are coming from. Because when you get the actual definition it’s means ignorant…so the white man back in the day many years ago, started calling them that by using that word. Also I’ve have read that is was given to them because of their region, but I don’t buy that one..
      Anyway if people seriously opened their eyes and opened their ears…or just their whole inner being they would understand the true context of that word, or any of the others and how and when it’s used. I just never use it. It’s pointless….It just causes people to be upset and the other as well and it just makes absolutley no sense to use any of the terms listed above in my previous post. We are people, human, life…regardless of black, white, red, yellow, blue,pink…purple. Honestly I kinda hate classification! and that is another form of being classified..LOL
      so no I’m not offended, but there are plenty of people out there who say it because they dislike blacks…it’s just sick and they say the others too….sick sick..

:) no worries

blueczarina
      Spectator

i will admit i’m not much for your wordchoice and i hate it when my brother uses it. i do think popular culture has change the meaning of that word to an extent, but its still a charged word and i never use it. i think i tend to look at things through their historical context though- history major. :wink: so i can’t bring myself to use such a term because of the history i associate it with. thats just how i am.

i’m glad you guys were ok though. :wink: thats too bad you got into an accident and i’m glad they caught the ass who hit you.

and no worries :) i’m not offended and i understand you don’t use it because your racist.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i wish people would close their mouths more. im a really quiet person, cuz i dont want to sound like the people i hear around me. nobody thinks before they speak. i hear evidence of that everyday. everyone should walk around with headphones on, listening to music, and not say a damn thing to anyone. there’d be less hatred in this world. and i really wish we had universal healthcare. thats one big reason why i wish i lived in europe. i understand the taxes are higher, but the quality of life seems to be better. im curious to hear what our european posters have to say about this. socialism doesnt seem that bad to me. and yet thats a main argument im hearing everyone at mc cain’s town hall meetings saying. i know it goes against the fundamental basis of our system, but what about the greater good?

what happened to politics?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Republican, democrats, conservatives, socialists…classified as groups… based on their vies and beliefs..
      it’s just nuts…their shouldn’t be groups if we are all one…
      the world has a long way to go still :?
      bit it’s still in interesting place to be

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

There is plenty of socialist organisation’s already operating in the US (law enforcement, fire department, childrens education), I don’t see why health care should be viewed any differently….well actually, that’s not true I do know : the huge amounts of money to be made.
      I didn’t check other countries, but here in Ireland we pay far less tax than the US, the highest tax bracket rate (of 2) is 12.5%, where according to wiki the second lowest tax bracket rate (of 6) in the states is 15%
      And yes our health care is free.
      Most modern western nations incorporate some socialist elements into their society.
      Again, speaking only from my nations perspective, free health care isn’t without it’s flaws, there can be huge waiting periods before you are seen to, but that might not be a symptom of it being free, because Ireland simply has an awful health care system at the moment :/

[editing] to add my sources tax rate info…because wiki isn’t exactly reliable, so the info could be wrong :P
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax … ted_States
      hmm….I can’t seem to find the article I found for the Irish one, so heres another, but the info is out of date on this
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_i … of_Ireland

some pumpkins
      Spectator

so you play less in taxes, and your healthcare is free. but you do have to wait forever sometimes. i should move to ireland. i myself fall in the 21-25% tax bracket, which sucks. they take a lot out of my paycheck. that may sound like i make a lot of money, but i dont.

here, one trip to the emergency room without having health insurance can put you on a payment plan for years! believe me, im speaking from experience. i’de gladly wait half a day in the emergency room, which some people here are already having to do, rather than potentially racking up a bill of thousands of dollars.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Well Canada and Cuba both have free health care too, and they would be a lot closer to you ;)

Just been thinking about this, I think I might have taken the wrong figure, or misread something for the Irish tax rate, I’ll work it out from my own pay and get back to you on that.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Well Canada and Cuba both have free health care too, and they would be a lot closer to you ;)[/quote:qqvaieyu]

well i wouldn’t suggest moving to Cuba. :lol: and as for Canada- i have an aunt who lives in Canada and has citizenship and she says that although the healthcare is free its not that good. in fact she usually comes down here and sees a doctor.

blah blah blah blah, i am so tired of all the lies both canidates tell, who ever wins wins, i am over it, they will both be pretty much the same, cause for all his talking obama is just a politican, not a bringer of change, and mcain, same old same old.

:P

Anonymous
      Spectator

i hear ya bullet…I feel that way most of the time…lol
      politics are just a pain in the ass and gets a lot of people acting foolish….
      Did you hear about the guy in N.C. who put up a sign about not parking in his lot if you are an Obama supporter? He will still let you park there, but it’s offending people. All it takes is one person to take it to the courts to sue his ass for discrimination…if you can sue Crapdonalds for hot coffee then why not him…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[/quote:1pjjw6w3]

How can you cut taxes for 95% of households when only 60% pay taxes to begin with?

How does cutting capital gains tax for small businesses help them when they don’t pay that tax to begin with? Small businesses report their income as personal. So there is no "tax break".

Obama on abortion? You want someone who would allow an abortion at 8 months? Cruel.

Obama as middle class? IMO he went from poor to elite, skipping middle class altogether.

I question a presidential candidate who gets his financial advice from the former CEO of Fannie May.

Ok then. Ballot is still blank, people!! Decisions…decisions……[/quote:1pjjw6w3]

95% of the 60% who pay taxes. Is that a serious question?

Small businesses do pay capital gains taxes if they make a certain amount of money.

Abortion – to each their own, not really a major factor in this election IMO.

I don’t think Obama reach a class "flash point" and went straight to elite. Even if that WAS possible, that’s the American Dream, and you are holding it against him.

I question a candidate who gets his financial advice from 8 former BUSH LOBBYISTS.

Small businesses do pay capital gains taxes if they make a certain amount of money.

I don’t think Obama reach a class "flash point" and went straight to elite. Even if that WAS possible, that’s the American Dream, and you are holding it against him.

I question a candidate who gets his financial advice from 8 former BUSH LOBBYISTS.[/quote:1b8dteqm]

At least you get the 95% of 60%. I think most people hear 95% and think 95% of everyone.

Capital gains taxes–yes, but what is that "certain amount of money"?

Abortion– never said it was a major factor, just don’t agree with it. Tis personal I suppose.

Not holding Obama’s success against him, just hope people realize Obama may not understand the middle class like he lets on.

Financial advice point given.

Ballot still is blank! Shall I flip a coin?

blueczarina
      Spectator

heads Obama, tails McCain :lol:

naaah :wink:

McCain wins, even did best of 3. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

you could always write in Hillary Clinton

or myself.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I thought about saying that too! :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I question a candidate who gets his financial advice from 8 former BUSH LOBBYISTS.[/quote:2osg2qdn]

At least you get the 95% of 60%. I think most people hear 95% and think 95% of everyone.

Capital gains taxes–yes, but what is that "certain amount of money"?

Abortion– never said it was a major factor, just don’t agree with it. Tis personal I suppose.

Not holding Obama’s success against him, just hope people realize Obama may not understand the middle class like he lets on.

Financial advice point given.

Ballot still is blank! Shall I flip a coin?[/quote:2osg2qdn]

Like he lets on?????

So all those years as a community organizer, trying to help poor communities better themselves was all a show. Even after receiving the prestigious tenure as the first African-American President of the Harvard Law Review, he said no to a guaranteed 6-7 figure salary and no to a Supreme Court nomination. No, instead he went BACK to the poor communities to support them. TWICE.

You’re right, he’s completely out of touch with the middle class.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

McCain wins, even did best of 3. :wink:[/quote:2wfln0ok]

Gravity has been weighing on him longer, plus he’s fatter, so the shit must have sank to the bottom.

I seriously hope this is not how our citizens vote. There are distinct differences between the two candidates.

All I can say is, you get what you vote for. Enjoy.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

McCain: The Maverick.

Went against Ronald Reagan ONCE regarding Bosnia.
      Sucked Bush’s small dick 95% of the time.
      Voted for the war.
      Wants to CONTINUE the war. IN IRAQ. IRAQ!!!!
      Suspends campaign to fuck up Washington’s progress.
      Committed adultery multiple times on his physically challenged first wife.
      Reached across the aisle ONCE with the McCain-Finegold? bill.
      Refered to Obama as \"that guy\". :roll:
      Was defeated in 2000 by George Bush. Bush used smear tactics to destroy McCain’s image. Yet, 4 years later, campaigned for the same fucker that stabbed him in the back. Only to further his own political agenda.
      Does not know how many houses he owns. Most people can’t afford one.
      Nominated Sarah Palin as VP after a 15 minute phone conversation.
      Was part of the 5 senator fiasco – name eludes me right now.
      Admitted he does not understand the economy.
      He’s old. Out of touch. Wants to change Washington. You’ve had 26 years, what have you been doing?
      He knows how to find Bin Laden. What the fuck is he waiting on?
      Supports a short term band-aid (at best) by more drilling. For oil. OIL.

He sure is a maverick. If only in a good way. Oh well John. Better luck next time.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Tell it like it is Manilla!!!
      YOU ARE RIGHT ON!
      They will probably ‘find’ Bin Laden any day now..like they did with Saddam before the election
      god I hope not….
      and if he knows how to get him, he’s in Washington call up General Petreus and tell him your knowledge..DUH!!!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

Tell it like it is Manilla!!!
      YOU ARE RIGHT ON!
      They will probably ‘find’ Bin Laden any day now..like they did with Saddam before the election
      god I hope not….
      and if he knows how to get him, he’s in Washington call up General Petreus and tell him your knowledge..DUH!!![/quote:2tvncwh9]

some people running the obama campaign are saying that may be the october suprise.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I thought that from the beginning of this campaign…Republicans play sneaky and dirty

Voted for the war.
      Refered to Obama as "that guy". :roll:
      Was defeated in 2000 by George Bush. Bush used smear tactics to destroy McCain’s image. Yet, 4 years later, campaigned for the same fucker that stabbed him in the back. Only to further his own political agenda.
      He’s old. Out of touch. Wants to change Washington. You’ve had 26 years, what have you been doing?

He sure is a maverick. If only in a good way. Oh well John. Better luck next time.[/quote:3kszc64x]

Where to start…..Manilla of course makes some interesting points. I need to do some fact-checking before I believe it all.

"suspends campaign to mess up washington’s progress"?? Seriously? What’s so bad about putting the economy before politics?

Adultery? uhhhhhh….ok. *cough*Clinton*cough*

What’s wrong with drilling for more oil?

Anonymous
      Spectator

oil sux…we have the brains to find a better solution. and hello it just overall bad for the environment, brings greed to the big dogs, if you keep taking the oil from drilling does that somehow do damage underground some how???
      as for the adultery…what president has been faithful? probably none..who knows
      He didn’t care about the economy he was trying to make himself look better, but failed, and if he was such in a hurry to get DC why did he cancel the late show with David Letterman to not rush on the next flight to Washington? He was doing a different interview or something…and when he was there after his interview or whatever he lying about, why when he got there he just sat like a tard and had nothing to say and nothing to come back with for the american people.
      he just sux ass
      sorry bullet had to steal your line :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I wish for once we could just have a no brainer election for all
      The perfect candidate to make a huge difference in this country would be so nice for a change. So there is no arguing, debating, frustrations, etc….
      I can dream I guess..lol

blueczarina
      Spectator

Voted for the war.

He sure is a maverick. If only in a good way. Oh well John. Better luck next time.[/quote:1hy71pl0]

OMG :lol: thats awesome! i love that manilla- its quite colorful! :twisted:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Voted for the war.

He sure is a maverick. If only in a good way. Oh well John. Better luck next time.[/quote:1h6ssoqf]

Where to start…..Manilla of course makes some interesting points. I need to do some fact-checking before I believe it all.

"suspends campaign to mess up washington’s progress"?? Seriously? What’s so bad about putting the economy before politics?

Adultery? uhhhhhh….ok. *cough*Clinton*cough*

What’s wrong with drilling for more oil?[/quote:1h6ssoqf]

What’s so bad is that it was unnecessary and only made things worse.

My point exactly. Hope you can see the two as equal, in that respect. Hope you weren’t part of the Clinton lynch mob, or else that would make you a hypocrite.

What’s RIGHT w/ drilling for more oil? Nothing.

What’s RIGHT w/ drilling for more oil? Nothing.[/quote:9b4yevdu]

I love how people are so quick to attack "big oil", or even "little oil" for that matter. They’re an easy target, but not as evil as you all believe. Yes, they make huge profits. It’s simple economics–they provide a commodity that is in high demand. I’m not holding that against them. If you have your panties in a wad about the financial side of "big oil", go buy some stock and enjoy some of those profits. So what’s right with drilling for more oil? This country would come to a screeching halt without oil. I, like many of you, also believe we need to find alternative sources, but you are being idealistic if you think that will happen immediately. Even if a stable, cheap, reliable, clean energy source was discovered today, think about how long it would take to get everyone/thing switched over! YEARS. Thus, we still need oil and gas supplies and reserves that are accessible to us. For those of you who are anti-oil because of the environmental impact, what car do you drive? What heats your home? Your hot water? Dryer? Let me know that you are personally doing things to either conserve oil or stop using it in your life and I’ll let you slide on the oil argument. But if you’re out driving around in your SUV, quit your bitching.

Reggae- no, taking oil out of the ground does not "damage the underground". Where did you hear that?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Reggae- no, taking oil out of the ground does not "damage the underground". Where did you hear that?[/quote:13vbw6f9]
      I didn’t hear it it was a question I have…
      you say no it doesn’t, but do you really know? Does anyone really know? I don’t know
      It’s like the FDA saying sure this med is fine and later on come to find out it wasn’t.

I drive a Saturn and actually I pretty much don’t drive anymore. We have an SUV that is not working currently-which is a good thing, and when it does work again, it is hardly ever used. A tank of gas in the Saturn lasts us a week-not bad.
      I care about the environment, but I also know that it will take an extremely long time to get where we need to be with alternative energy. Going green costs $ and people don’t even have the $ to do it.
      I haven’t used my heat yet and I have electric heaters to help not use the heat and a wood burning stove in my family room. Hot water, well have to use the damn gas to heat it…..

I drive a Saturn and actually I pretty much don’t drive anymore. We have an SUV that is not working currently-which is a good thing, and when it does work again, it is hardly ever used. A tank of gas in the Saturn lasts us a week-not bad.
      I care about the environment, but I also know that it will take an extremely long time to get where we need to be with alternative energy. Going green costs $ and people don’t even have the $ to do it.
      I haven’t used my heat yet and I have electric heaters to help not use the heat and a wood burning stove in my family room. Hot water, well have to use the damn gas to heat it…..[/quote:3lwj9vlr]

What creates your electricity? Probably either coal or hydroelectric, possibly nuclear depending on where you live. Is burning coal cleaner than natural gas? Is damming up rivers good for the environment? What about the possibility of a nuclear disaster (TMI etc)? Wood burning stove–you’re still polluting the environment and cutting down forests. My point is, we have to get energy from somewhere, and no matter what it’s from, people will complain.

Anonymous
      Spectator

you are right!
      I complain about it. But I sure can’t afford another option either. It just seems like there is no win win situation.
      There will always be something to pollute the environment. Airplanes pollute it-the war pollutes it, ships, we all contribute to polluting….

some pumpkins
      Spectator

here’s my opinion on oil. ive heard if we do additional drilling off the coasts, we’re not going to be feeling the benefits from that drilling till 2030. thats 22 years away. we can do a lot in 22 years working to make this country energy independent and developing alternative fuel sources. when gas prices reached their all time high in june, i decided i was going to take public transportation. i couldnt afford it anymore. now oil prices way down from where they used to be over the summer. and what are the oil companies going to do? theyre going to cut production to raise the demand and the price of a barrel is going to go back up. cant they just let the taxpayer have some relief?

you are right!
      I complain about it. But I sure can’t afford another option either. It just seems like there is no win win situation.
      There will always be something to pollute the environment. Airplanes pollute it-the war pollutes it, ships, we all contribute to polluting….[/quote:2fylvaxu]

So why do you jump on the "let’s attack big oil" bandwagon? Just ’cause it’s easy and you hear others do it? Why don’t you attack coal miners and hydroelectric dams equally?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

we should be like brazil. grow sugar and run the country on flex fuel cars.

Anonymous
      Spectator

no because it’s an issue that the whole world needs to figure out…I am one person and I can not change it alone
      can see the fiesty-ness in you today;)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

What’s RIGHT w/ drilling for more oil? Nothing.[/quote:3a9i7478]

I love how people are so quick to attack "big oil", or even "little oil" for that matter. They’re an easy target, but not as evil as you all believe. Yes, they make huge profits. It’s simple economics–they provide a commodity that is in high demand. I’m not holding that against them. If you have your panties in a wad about the financial side of "big oil", go buy some stock and enjoy some of those profits. So what’s right with drilling for more oil? This country would come to a screeching halt without oil. I, like many of you, also believe we need to find alternative sources, but you are being idealistic if you think that will happen immediately. Even if a stable, cheap, reliable, clean energy source was discovered today, think about how long it would take to get everyone/thing switched over! YEARS. Thus, we still need oil and gas supplies and reserves that are accessible to us. For those of you who are anti-oil because of the environmental impact, what car do you drive? What heats your home? Your hot water? Dryer? Let me know that you are personally doing things to either conserve oil or stop using it in your life and I’ll let you slide on the oil argument. But if you’re out driving around in your SUV, quit your bitching.

Reggae- no, taking oil out of the ground does not "damage the underground". Where did you hear that?[/quote:3a9i7478]

Buy stock and enjoy the profits? That is the stupidest argument for perpetuation of a necessary evil that I have ever heard. You can do better than that, I’m sure.

I am not against oil as a fuel. I am against drilling for more oil to provide relief. Like you say, it will take years either way. IT’S NOT A SOLUTION. DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. Therefore, yes, fuck big oil, and fuck oil in general. Do I use it? Sure! Everyday.

Do you like paying social security? My guess is no. Stop fucking paying then. Just that easy, right?

It’s okay to see oil in a negative light. It’s gotten us this far, thanks oil. But we need better. And deserve better. Or, let’s just turn into our sister planet, Venus, and all cook to death, just because big oil doesn’t REALLY hurt anyone. :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

we should be like brazil. grow sugar and run the country on flex fuel cars.[/quote:1sz9gcbb]

Amen. This is possible. Guess who Brazil buys energy from? Themselves.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

My point is, we have to get energy from somewhere, and no matter what it’s from, people will complain.[/quote:18cgiuql]

Bullshit.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

we should be like brazil. grow sugar and run the country on flex fuel cars.[/quote:1l8v6hrn]

Amen. This is possible. Guess who Brazil buys energy from? Themselves.[/quote:1l8v6hrn]

its a beautiful thing. why cant middle america grow the sugar, have the gvt. use some of the bailout money and give it to g.m. and have them develop flex fuel cars with the money? the only hurdle would be creating fueling stations.

My point is, we have to get energy from somewhere, and no matter what it’s from, people will complain.[/quote:1fbuc000]

Bullshit.[/quote:1fbuc000]

Fine. You seem to want to contradict everything I say in a somewhat rude way. Name one energy source that people won’t complain about.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

sugar.

water.

solar.

geothermal.

hamsters.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

\"She was only in sixth grade the last time John (McCain) had a good idea.\" — Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden, playing off the remarks of his Republican counterpart, Sarah Palin, who said she was in second grade when Biden was first elected to the Senate.

people are always gonna bitch about something

sugar.

water.

solar.

geothermal.

hamsters.[/quote:3ed0cbbl]

hamsters, that i object to!!!!!

everything else is fine.

Anonymous
      Spectator

well however it gets done as long as it’s not going to be toxic life and that means hamsters are out cuz I’m sure whatever they do with those probably not good for the hamster

some pumpkins
      Spectator

PETA would be all over your ass for the hamster suggestion. dont mess with them!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

lol

what if hamsters wanted to run around in circles all day? who are we to deny them?

Anonymous
      Spectator

:lol: not sure if one would want to do that all day…but ya never know cuz we don’t read their thoughts :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

well its this

oooh i want a breifcase guy to power my car, does he bring his lunch in the briefcase?

blueczarina
      Spectator

oooh i want a breifcase guy to power my car, does he bring his lunch in the briefcase?[/quote:1666621o]

he does- Subway

manillascissor
      Keymaster

that hamster thing pretty much made my day. :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

Anonymous
      Spectator

I already feel like the guy on the wheel…lol minus the briefcase and put a woman on the wheel..

blueczarina
      Spectator

so it was the last debate tonight and i’m still for Obama. :o

McCain spent most of the debate looking pissed and talking about Joe the Plumber. :roll:

Anonymous
      Spectator

yeah he was pissed he was gritting his teeth down while trying to explain something after Obama. I like how he said I don’t care about a washed up Billy Ayers (can’t remember the term he used). Except wasn’t that what his campaign was focused on last week? I wonder if he lost a few votes by not going on the attack like he said he would at this debate.
      Obama has my vote still.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i think mc cain attacked plenty. by far this was the most entertaining debate imo. although the pundits were saying obama was a little boring. the candidates actually spoke to one another and there was some constructive dialogue. i think they both did a great job in giving undecided voters something to go on. although i think some of those reaction shots of mc cain will hurt him.

and i dont give a shit about joe the plumber. he should feel lucky to be in the position to buy a business.

Anonymous
      Spectator

McCain attacked, but not nearly as bad as I thought he could have done. He knew it wouldn’t help him. He wasn’t that bad. And independents didn’t like it when he did. They want him to stick with the issues.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

McCain attacked, but not nearly as bad as I thought he could have done. He knew it wouldn’t help him. He wasn’t that bad. And independents didn’t like it when he did. They want him to stick with the issues.[/quote:2q18h799]

for true.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Here is an email I just got
      kind of interesting to read

This is very interesting. Makes you think.

Obama/Biden vs McCain/Palin, what if things were switched around?…..Think about it. Would the country’s collective point of view be different? Ponder the following:

What if the Obamas had paraded five children across the stage, including a three month old infant and an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter?

What if John McCain was a former president of the Harvard Law Review? What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating class?

What if McCain had only married once and Obama was a divorcee?
      What if Obama was the candidate who left his first wife after a severe disfiguring car accident, when she no longer measured up to his standards?
      What if Obama had met his second 2nd wife in a bar and had a long affair while he was still married?

What if Michelle Obama was the wife who not only became addicted to pain killers but also acquired them illegally through her charitable organization?
      What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?

What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five? (The Keating Five were five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s and early 1990s.)

What if McCain was a charismatic, eloquent speaker? What if Obama couldn’t read from a TelePrompTer?
      What if Obama was the one who had military experience that included discipline problems and a record of crashing seven planes?

What if Obama was the one who was known to display publicly, on many occasions, a serious anger management problem?

What if Michelle Obama’s family had made their money from beer distribution?

What if the Obamas had adopted a white child?

You could easily add to this list. If these questions reflected reality, do you really believe the election numbers would be as close as they are? This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes positive qualities in one candidate and emphasizes negative qualities in another when there is a color difference.

EDUCATION BACKGROUND:

Barack Obama: Columbia University – B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in International Relations.
      Harvard – Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude
      Joseph Biden: University of Delaware – B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science. Syracuse University College of Law – Juris Doctor (J.D.)

vs. John McCain: United States Naval Acade my – Class rank: 894 of 899
      Sarah Palin: Hawaii Pacific University – 1 semester North Idaho College – 2 semesters – general study University of Idaho – 2 semesters – journalism Matanuska-Susitna College – 1 semester University of Idaho – 3 semesters – B.A. in Journalism

Education isn’t everything, but this is about the two highest offices in the land as well as our standing in the world. You make the call.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Here is that other email I said I would post about the IDEA for the bailout………

OK…..here’s a plan I could live with.

I’m against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I’m in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We
      Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let’s assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide
      U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and
      child.
      So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up…

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals
      $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It
      Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.

So let’s assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.

A husband and wife team has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage – housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans – what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college – it’ll be there

Save in a bank – create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car – create jobs

Invest in the market – capital drives growth

Pay for your parent’s medical insurance – health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean – or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who
      lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is
      cutting
      back. And, of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we’re going to re-distribute wealth let’s really do it…instead of
      trickling out a puny $1000.00 (\"vote buy\") economic incentive that is
      being
      proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we’re going to do an $85 billion bailout, let’s bail out every adult
      U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG – liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here’s my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn’t.

Sure it’s a crazy idea that can \"never work.\"

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion

We Deserve It Dividend more than do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington
      DC.

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because
      $25.5
      Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh…I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,

Birk

T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it’s either good for a
      laugh or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85
      Billion!!

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I know the above email is kind of meant as a half-joke type thing, but I had thought about something similar, but I think the main problem comes from how you decide the people who get it.
      Do people who moved to the country last year get it?
      What about people who lived here all their life, but left recently, don’t they deserve it?
      You have to draw a line somewhere, and I’d assume that it would be with people currently living here (/there) and paying taxes, but I can just imagine how controversial it would be…..still….I wouldn’t say no the the money ;)

Anonymous
      Spectator

yeah that would be hard to figure out the dispersing amongst abroad living and short term..I’m guessing based on taxes claimed from 2007 was their estimation. who knows.

Anonymous
      Spectator

this is funny…
      click on the different things-

http://www.palinaspresident.us/

some pumpkins
      Spectator

could you imagine? i could.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i think that Palin website is a pretty realistic rendition of life with Palin in the Oval Office :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

yeah, but it’s fun to play the Palin game..lol
      I’m a maverick..lol, now that’s a maverick :lol:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

this is the conspiracy theorist in me talking…

the mc cain campaign has a lot going bad for them right now. seemingly throughout the entire campaign. the things they’ve got on barak obama are his ties with bill ayres, reverend wright, and the voter registration group ACORN. regarding acorn, the story is that some people who were suposed to be registering voters, just filled out applications themselves with either dead people, professional athletes, or cartoon character names, etc.

isn’t it conceivable that those people who broke the rules were in fact republicans who knew this was going to be noticed and knew that acorn, officially non partisan, but more closely affiliated with democrats, would get a lot of flack for this, and that it could create negative thoughts about barack obama because of his affiliation with acorn, and the voter fraud?

i think the republicans, out of their own desperation, created this controversy all by themselves, so they could have something to attack barack obama on.

and i wish, just once, that sara palin would give a speech without saying \"i wish, just once, barack obama would say i want to win the war in iraq.\" she’s a fucking broken record. broken record. broken record.

blueczarina
      Spectator

and i wish, just once, that sara palin would give a speech without saying "i wish, just once, barack obama would say i want to win the war in iraq." she’s a fucking broken record. broken record. broken record.[/quote:3513lebp]

i wish just once that she would stop saying "maverick" :o

and that could be some pumpkins. i think they are pretty desperate at this point. hell, mccain dropped the ayres thing during the debate even because he had nothing else to say.

i wouldn’t put it past them.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i think its funny how he started off saying in the dabate…\"i dont care about some washed up terrorist\" but ended his sentence by saying \"we need to look closely at this.\" i cant recall exactly what he said, but the daily show did a great job of illustrating this, earlier this week. he completly contradicted himself in the same sentence.

and dont forget to watch snl tonight. sara palin’s gonna be on.

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, true ^^

oh, and did you here about \"joe the plumber\"? he is concerned about taxes, but evidently doesn’t pay them. he owes over $1000 in back taxes.

and i wish i could watch snl, but i have to go to bed early because i get up at 4:00am for work. i might still do it though. i think it would be worth it. :P there is always youtube though, but i will probably watch a bit of it anyway. :wink:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

waking up at 4am for work on sunday. damn. thats exactly what youtube’s for. or tivo.

blueczarina
      Spectator

waking up at 4am for work on sunday. damn. thats exactly what youtube’s for. or tivo.[/quote:2e1j242l]

oh yeah :lol: and thats probably the plan :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m watching SNL tonight!
      McCain totally spoke about not caring about a \"washed up terrorist\", but the very next day was out on the campaign trail saying the complete opposite.
      I think you might be right about Acorn and the Republicans. They had Acorn supporters at one of John McCain campaign speeches. they were sporting Acorn shirts, spotted in the crowd and one of the news outlets showed it and pointed out they have a connection to the Republicans as well, so yeah there might be something there….

some pumpkins
      Spectator

if my memory serves me correct, for every one democrat acorn hires, they hire a republican. so, who they employ is evenly split. i heard this about a voter registration orginization, and i believe it was acorn. still doesnt dircredit my theory though.

Anonymous
      Spectator

What are everyone’s thoughts about Colin Powell endorsing Obama???? I don’t know much about him except he was part of the Bush team a while back and made a good decision to get away from it…

McCain totally spoke about not caring about a "washed up terrorist", but the very next day was out on the campaign trail saying the complete opposite.[/quote:107pck1k]
      He has flip-flopped on a LOT of issues. I think I saw a load of clips compiled onto a youtube vid, but can’t be bothered to dig it up.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

What are everyone’s thoughts about Colin Powell endorsing Obama???? I don’t know much about him except he was part of the Bush team a while back and made a good decision to get away from it…[/quote:143epijs]

i think the endorsment is great. powell is a centrist republican, and highly regarded, and that will do great for obama’s chances of grabbing some of those military votes in florida and virginia that he despirately needs if he wants to win those states. run-on. although the retired military loves mc cain, i believe powell’s endorsment will transcend mc cain’s military experience, and hopefully convincece some more people that obama’s right for the job.

i love all of the points he made on meet the press. you could tell he had his thoughts very well planned out.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I missed meet the press..But I do think this was a great endorsement. 2 more weeks until election day…I’m so there early as can be

blueczarina
      Spectator

What are everyone’s thoughts about Colin Powell endorsing Obama???? I don’t know much about him except he was part of the Bush team a while back and made a good decision to get away from it…[/quote:3lob4w5b]

i think the endorsment is great. powell is a centrist republican, and highly regarded, and that will do great for obama’s chances of grabbing some of those military votes in florida and virginia that he despirately needs if he wants to win those states. run-on. although the retired military loves mc cain, i believe powell’s endorsment will transcend mc cain’s military experience, and hopefully convincece some more people that obama’s right for the job.[/quote:3lob4w5b]

i agree. and this should give him a boost on the foreign policy question too with someone like Powell endorsing him.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

obama’s got so much momentum. last week 100,000 people in st. louis were there to hear him speak. and yesterday 50,000 in florida to see him and hilary clinton. and he’s got so much money to spend. and today, he’s hosting a job summit in florida, with a bunch of governers from a bunch of swing states. its going to be so sad if he loses.

and yesterday 50,000 in florida to see him and hilary clinton.[/quote:v8x1coto]

they were there to see hillary, duh.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

and yesterday 50,000 in florida to see him and hilary clinton.[/quote:1jnfvmnq]

they were there to see hillary, duh.[/quote:1jnfvmnq]

ide say about half of them shoewed up because hilary was gonna be there too. but not all 50,000

i just read this on yahoo…
      Gov. Sarah Palin charged the state for her children to travel with her, including to events where they were not invited, and later amended expense reports to specify that they were on official business.

i do not like her.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i saw that too some pumpkins and i don’t like her either :o

Anonymous
      Spectator

I missed the part on CNN last night about how her and her family got new clothes for this VP role. I want to know who paid for these clothes for her whole family that costs a ridiculous amount of money. Is it necessary? I mean does your clothes really make any difference on what you are going to accomplish? NOPE!!!!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

I missed the part on CNN last night about how her and her family got new clothes for this VP role. I want to know who paid for these clothes for her whole family that costs a ridiculous amount of money. Is it necessary? I mean does your clothes really make any difference on what you are going to accomplish? NOPE!!!![/quote:29dabp2y]

the rnc paid for them

Anonymous
      Spectator

I missed the part on CNN last night about how her and her family got new clothes for this VP role. I want to know who paid for these clothes for her whole family that costs a ridiculous amount of money. Is it necessary? I mean does your clothes really make any difference on what you are going to accomplish? NOPE!!!![/quote:1rc725ww]

the rnc paid for them[/quote:1rc725ww]
      what a waste of money

blueczarina
      Spectator

that is a freaking waste of money. and think of all the poor kids who can’t afford clothes that the RNC could give that money too. :roll:

blueczarina
      Spectator

check this out :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

:lol: that is funny

blueczarina
      Spectator

i liked it too. and he even looks like he has some tooth bling. :lol: i guess he is a maverick and a gangsta and full of hot air. :lol:

Pipoka
      Spectator

i liked it too. and he even looks like he has some tooth bling. :lol: i guess he is a maverick and a gangsta and full of hot air. :lol:[/quote:2fnqopwl]

Hey you Obama fans– not sure if you’re still following his campaign (since you’re set in your ways), but he has decided to become a bit more honest. Now households making $70K or more will have tax increases, NOT $250K like he made you all believe. I’m guessing the $70K mark includes most of you (as households). I bet it goes even lower when/if he’s sworn in.

*sarcastic thumbs up* Enjoy.

Also, he wants a \"civilian national security force\" that is just as strong and just as well funded as our military? Think SS in Nazi Germany or the KGB. Love spying on our own citizens, that ROCKS (insert large dose of sarcasm here). This guy is crazy. How will he pay for that force? Taxes people….FROM YOU.

Arthur
      Spectator

This guy is crazy. How will he pay for that force? Taxes people….FROM YOU.[/quote:1uzwqpc5]
      Whether you’re being screwed from the right, hit from the left, humiliated from above, kicked from below, fucked from the back or being boobtouched from the front, someone has to pay in the end. And who has the money: we, the people, do. Nothing new, whatever president.

Besides, I’m sure he will reconsider his next moves during his famous "election day basketball game". :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Hey you Obama fans– not sure if you’re still following his campaign (since you’re set in your ways), but he has decided to become a bit more honest. Now households making $70K or more will have tax increases, NOT $250K like he made you all believe. I’m guessing the $70K mark includes most of you (as households). I bet it goes even lower when/if he’s sworn in.

*sarcastic thumbs up* Enjoy.

Also, he wants a "civilian national security force" that is just as strong and just as well funded as our military? Think SS in Nazi Germany or the KGB. Love spying on our own citizens, that ROCKS (insert large dose of sarcasm here). This guy is crazy. How will he pay for that force? Taxes people….FROM YOU.[/quote:1taz2bof]

At least he’s HONEST, and two, going to PAY FOR IT.

And playing the Nazi card? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

hey return to comfort,

where did you hear, or read, that it was going all the way down to 70K?

blueczarina
      Spectator

well i already sent in my ballot- i voted Obama and i hope he wins and i don’t think he plans on going Nazi :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

i’m leaving to cast my Obama vote very shortly…
      my goal is to be the first one in the door at my polling place :wink:

Viewing 259 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.