Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

i know we are international here, but what do you think?

Obama or McCain?

McCain’s VP pick? campaign suicide?

any thoughts?

i personally prefer Obama and i think McCain made the dumbest choice ever for VP and that he can kiss his campaign goodbye.

Anonymous
      Spectator

you know in the beginning I was for Obama had me a sign in the yard too..someone stole it and 2 others on the block too…Republicans

I won’t vote McCain or Nader
      or I just don’t vote as it could some how come back and bite me in the ass later in life for some stupid reason
      :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, i’m going to vote just to help make sure we don’t get President McCain, although i think McCain is kind of helping to elect Obama at this point. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

honestly I haven’t paid much attention anymore
      I just automatically assume Obama will win
      McCain’s VP choice is a joke…don’t know a whole lot, but I am not impressed.
      It’s like he needed to do something to try and get more attention going toward his campaign, so get a ‘sexy librarian’ is how I think I heard it on the radio (can’t remember the exact term-but had librarian in it)..lol
      It’s been a joke..Obama and his game playing with his VP choice…I’m gonna send it text message at such and such time..blah blah..for me it’s get to the fucking point, stop playing the media attention game, stop beating around the bush-just say what the hell you need to say and get on with it…
      so that sums up my opinion currently-until next weeks drama or tomorrow’s :lol:

niteshyft
      Spectator

I’m pulling for Obama, have been since before he announced. I like that he doesn’t follow the norm and has good reasons behind his decisions most of the time. If he had picked Hillary, I would have done a :roll: but he didn’t.

Then with McCain picking Palin.. She reminds me of a yes-man and they seem to have very similar views on all of the issues. I don’t understand the choice though, because noone knows who she is and the views they share don’t seem to be the most popular ones to have right now.

Also, if he was trying to oust the whole historical significance of a female VP, the Democrats already did it back in 1984 when Walter Mondale nominated Geraldine Ferraro. He didn’t win obviously, but it’s been done.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Also, if he was trying to oust the whole historical significance of a female VP, the Democrats already did it back in 1984 when Walter Mondale nominated Geraldine Ferraro. He didn’t win obviously, but it’s been done.[/quote:3kbpzx83]

true ^^

plus, i think its kind of offensive that he thinks that he will bring in the women voters with this choice just because she is a woman. its like we aren’t so dumb that we are going to for vote anything in skirt (or a pantsuit) just to put a woman in there. they need to be able to do the job too. :roll:

she has no experience and there has been one thing after another revealed about her that is a bit on the questionable side. it makes you wonder how much thought really went into this choice.

niteshyft
      Spectator

plus, i think its kind of offensive that he thinks that he will bring in the women voters with this choice just because she is a woman. its like we aren’t so dumb that we are going to for vote anything in skirt (or a pantsuit) just to put a woman in there. they need to be able to do the job too. :roll:

she has no experience and there has been one thing after another revealed about her that is a bit on the questionable side. it makes you wonder how much thought really went into this choice.[/quote:2hwqqqpu]

It’s kind of like the black voters will vote for Obama because of his skin color. It’s ridiculous. A good candidate is a good candidate, regardless.

People keep saying that this election is already a shoe-in for Obama, but I can’t stand by that. In 2003, we all said there was no way that Bush could be reelected. The last time I remember any election being a sure thing was in 92 with Clinton. I have never seen such support and overwhelming admiration for a nominee. In 96, I actually got excused from high school to go vote for him :D

But, here’s hoping that McCain keeps making bad choices. I honestly didn’t think they stood much of a chance before any nominations were announced, but him saying and doing all he’s done just helps my hope more and more.

well, i am not going to be long wind, but i won’t vote for obama because of his stance on partial birth abortians, i don’t think they are right. i do support a womens right to choose, but after a certin date in the pregnancy, i don’t think you should be able to abort.

so i will def not be voting for obama. and i know that mccain is pro life, but i make take that stance if obama doesn’t come up off of his partial birth abortions. have you heard the testimony that was givin about this to obama, and his answers, and questions. it is really hard to listen to.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

partial birth abortions. just that name sounds horrible. and i am all for abortions. hmmm, if you can find the interview bullet, i’d like to read it.

anyway, here’s a shortlist of palin:

1) no one’s ever heard of her
      2) she supports abstinence teaching in schools, but her 17 year old daughter is 5 months pregnant
      3) the daughter will be participating in a shotgun wedding
      4) palin has left the country once in her entire life
      5) allegations that she used her political power to fire a state trooper (her brother in law)
      6) she was chosen for VP after meeting with mccain, over the phone mind you, for a mere 15 minutes

those are the \"negatives\". but since i’m not a reporter, i don’t have to be fair and balanced, so i’m not going to be.

however, i will say one positive, i find her incredibly gorgeous.

she is very nice looking, i think that will help her.

and i will find that transcrpirt if i can probably later on today, as right now i am only in front of the computer because the dog needed to go outside. i have been in bed since earlier and plan on going back.

but i like her, yeah, everyone has some ghosts in thier closets, but i think she is a good choice, alot better than old biden. who has been wrong on all the big issues since regan. and yes he has been in the senate since NIXON was pres. that is a long ass time.

i am a dem, and the dem ticket is looking pretty poor to me. but i was a hillary suporter, and wanted to see her name in obamas place right now. so i am a little bitter.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

she is very nice looking, i think that will help her.

and i will find that transcrpirt if i can probably later on today, as right now i am only in front of the computer because the dog needed to go outside. i have been in bed since earlier and plan on going back.

but i like her, yeah, everyone has some ghosts in thier closets, but i think she is a good choice, alot better than old biden. who has been wrong on all the big issues since regan. and yes he has been in the senate since NIXON was pres. that is a long ass time.

i am a dem, and the dem ticket is looking pretty poor to me. but i was a hillary suporter, and wanted to see her name in obamas place right now. so i am a little bitter.[/quote:7f3p34yi]

biden has experience. so does mccain. if you want to compare how old the two are, just look at mccain’s term as well. if you’re going to jab one, jab the other.

i don’t like palin. i think she is overly-underqualified to be a heartbeat away from the presidency. you could say the same about obama, but to me, he’s proven himself worthy, in the short period he’s been around. palin? no.

i normally do not like to discuss politics, but i would definitely not vote for obama because of the abortion issue. i like mccain’s stand on it, only in cases of rape or incest.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i can really appreciate respect your views (bullet/last rose) on that subject. it’s one close to the heart.

in this country, it still remains the woman’s choice. like it or not.

but to vote for a candidate based solely on one issue makes me cringe. what else do you like about mccain?

Anonymous
      Spectator

well as far as partial birth abortions are concerned I am not fond of that idea and I am sure most people aren’t and most women aren’t…I don’t think women intentionally want to have a partial birth abortion, but it happens, just like many other things happen in this world.
      I also don’t agree with that as a form of birth control. I had a friend who had quite a few by the time she was 22. We don’t know everyone’s circumstances/reasons for having that procedure done.

blueczarina
      Spectator

beings we are on the abortion subject i heard on CBS news that Palin is against abortion even in cases of rape and incest.

i also heard that her and her husband have ties to a radical Alaskan Independent party that wants to succeed from the US.

she was opposed to putting some animals on the endangered pieces list because they have large population where they do oil drilling.

she has maybe even been involved in some scandals with campaign funding too.

she is a very poor choice from what i can tell, but like nightshyft said here’s hoping the bad decisions keep coming on the McCain side.

Pipoka
      Spectator

Girls, i do respect your views, and i reaaly don’t desagree with them at all, but i’m with manilla on this… Is your decision only based on this??

And remember, a lot of women die when they try to make an abortion without medical control, because it is a very risky procedure. On the other hand, you have the people and sometimes you have clandestine clinics doing this, geting richer and earning money that costs women lives…

As we don’t have the right to judge them, we can only give women the option to choose.
      And the only way to do this safely is in medical centers with specialized stuff (doctors, nurses, …)

maybe that is bad to base my opinion on one issue, but partial birth abortion is horrible. honestly i don’t really care for either candidate that much.

blueczarina
      Spectator

honestly, my opinion isn’t based on abortion. i’m more concerned about foreign policy and the economy.

i personally think women should have the right to choose, whatever the circumstances. but after a certin date in the pregnancy, if there are not valid medical reasons for it, i don’t think abortion should be allowed.

i don’t feel comfortable with either canidate really. i am not basing it on one issue alone.

Obama supports net neutrality. He’d get my support if I were American.

Also, Palin,when given a generic questionnaire, answered this to one question: (paraphrased btw)

\"Q: Do you take offense to the phrase ‘Under God’ in the Pledge of Allegiance?

SP: No – if it was good enough for the founding fathers, it’s good enough for me.\"

Spot the basic American history mistake!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Good call Superlord.

Pipoka
      Spectator

Obama supports net neutrality. He’d get my support if I were American.

Also, Palin,when given a generic questionnaire, answered this to one question: (paraphrased btw)

"Q: Do you take offense to the phrase ‘Under God’ in the Pledge of Allegiance?

SP: No – if it was good enough for the founding fathers, it’s good enough for me."

Spot the basic American history mistake![/quote:2kfc3586]

I would support him too.

Marcella
      Spectator

I hope that Obama wins. I’m not into abortion at all unless it is justified or it needs to be done for medical issues, but I think McCain is going to become Bush III, and we all know he plans to continue with that ridiculous war and that can’t be good. At all. United States needs a change.

hillary in 2012.

anyways, on the obama thing…………

he does have some shady stuff in his past like that guy ares (spelling corretion if needed please) who is a known terrorist, his pastor, and the dumb things his wife says, his ideas about forigen policy, and his lack of real time in the senate. these are just a few reasons i think twice about him, not including the partial birth abortions. (whch i will say again just to let anyone who might not have seen it know– i am pro choice, but after 3-4 months i think you need a valid medical reason to have an abortion)

on mccain, well he is a republican, and i don’t agree with thier standing on things.

so i am really in a pickle, i think i will just write in hillary.

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, ‘write in Hillary…’ :lol:

another issue i have is i don’t like the way McCain was going off on Russia. i know both candidates have made some strong statements, but we don’t need a second cold war. we don’t need some old fart doing anything rash. :roll:

ahh, but what about the situation in georgia? russia doesn’t need to be there. something needs to be done about it. i don’t nesscecarlly know if we are the ones to do something about it, but someone needs to help them out.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Politics are getting to OC now….

Did anyone see Palin’s BS of a speech?
      She just sounded war happy and fight happy….
      her daughter’s baby’s daddy sure didn’t look like a happy camper…must be forced to do something he don’t want to do
      shotgun wedding-not able to be a deadbeat dad…..
      I couldn’t watch all of it as it irritated me…all the people cheering for her cuz all they care about is what is in their pocket….

my husband loved the whole thing, and was clapping. he really likes her. i think she did a good job giving it, and i thought obama’s reply last night was kinda 1/2 assed, maybe when they can think of something better to say they will come out with it.

i think she has nice hair. and her littlest girl is super cute, she was a waving maniac.

Anonymous
      Spectator

oh snaps…I didn’t even see Obama’s 1/2 assed reply.
      shit, I didn’t even watch his speech. Maybe because he tends to say the same things in a glorified way each time…lol
      I’m still voting Obama though…

blueczarina
      Spectator

ahh, but what about the situation in georgia? russia doesn’t need to be there. something needs to be done about it. i don’t necessarily know if we are the ones to do something about it, but someone needs to help them out.[/quote:3m5uvn7n]

i would say Georgia started it and has committed more wrongs, but i’m not going to argue about Russia, because i study their history, philosophy, and politics and usually tend to be sympathetic towards their position or at least understanding of it in a Russian context- and i get a bit pissy sometimes (or a lot if i’m being honest). :wink: i guess i’m what you might call a russophile.

i actually missed Palin’s speech last night because i fell asleep- damn. :? oh, well though- i’m sure its on youtube or something.

Pipoka
      Spectator

but i’m not going to argue about Russia, because i study their history, philosophy, and politics and usually tend to be sympathetic towards their position or at least understanding of it in a Russian context- and i get a bit pissy sometimes (or a lot if i’m being honest). :wink: i guess i’m what you might call a russophile[/quote:ht9oqti8]

Oh really? No one noticed that by your nickname, CZARINA :P :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Oh really? No one noticed that by your nickname, CZARINA :P :lol:[/quote:41mjvr1l]

i know. its a shocker. :lol: :P

Marcella
      Spectator

I’ve read some Russian books and dang, they were awesome! I know so little about Russia though, except their participation in World Wars and those aren’t nice things XD.

i think when it comes to this stuff we all have our own view points and can all get a little pissy, not pointing any fingers, just saying.

that is why i tend not to like to talk politics with most people, gets elevated, and heated quickly. unless you are dealing with a real dummy, then it is no fun at all, even to argue, get this…… my husbands friend’s father in law was saying, before mccain picked palin, that mccain should pick that person from canada, and said friend was like, no theyhave to be a us citizen, and father in law was like, canda is a state, they made it a state 15 years ago. and he wasn’t talking about alaska either. some people are just dumb.

Marcella
      Spectator

Whoa, Canada, a state. Canadians would definitely not like that.

I don’t like discussing religion, politics or abortion with other people-touchy topics that often lead to fights, unless we’re talking about mature people who know that other people actually think differently.

i agree, but people who are very passionate about things tend to get a little out of control. but us here, we can talk like civalized folks.

oh, and i am finding that stuff you asked bout manilla, just taking longer cause i have been sick.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah those subjects can get out of hand, but we do ok here. :wink:

oh and what Russian stuff did you read Marcella?

Viewing 36 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.