Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Superlordspamulon
      Spectator

This could very well be the greatest game ever.

Well, if you’re a music lover.

Basically, you control a futuristic pod type racer thing on a futuristic track. Everything’s trippy and awesome looking. You have to collect blocks in certain orders to score points. But before you ‘race’, you have to select a song (can be from a CD, mp3, whatever). The race track is then essentialy built on the song – when you go fast, where the blocks are, which blocks, how many. Even the background changes accordingly!

Put simply – it’s the ultimate sensory experience. You WILL experience your music to a new degree! (especially on full screen)

I was laughing like a madman when i played it. It is brilliant.

http://www.audio-surf.com/
      (yeah, you’ll have to download some sort of download manager called steam to download it. Don’t worry, it’s safe.)

Don’t believe me?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-z6YK92otg[/youtube]

Imagine that with a decent frame rate and on full screen.

Yeah.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

this looks awesome! Thanks for posting, I’m looking forward to seeing how it reacts to different genres :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

It looks interesting. :)

that looks f*cking awesome!! i seriously want to play that.

blueczarina
      Spectator

I think I will download it when I get home. :)

I just played this with Sunn O)))’s \"Deafeating Earth’s Gravity\".

It’s dark ambient drone, and because it has no beat and is really intense – the course was ridiculously fast. Put simply, my mind turned numb afterwards. Seriously. Intense.

Arthur
      Spectator

Superlord… I’m not into games that much anymore… Doom and other granddaddy games I did lots in the old days, and only sometimes I do childrens games with nieces and nephews, you know how it goes… And also too busy nowadays you know. 8)

But this sounds too cool to miss out on. I’ll try it later, promise! Will let you know.

i am so gonna try it this weekend when i have the time. it looks too cool!!

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

It was crazy with Silverf**k, just after the quiet bit at the end….or at least I thought it was crazy….then I tried it with some noise from Japan, I got pwned by DJ Merzbow :P
      I might actually buy the full version of this, it was pretty fun :)

Superlord… I’m not into games that much anymore… Doom and other granddaddy games I did lots in the old days, and only sometimes I do childrens games with nieces and nephews, you know how it goes… And also too busy nowadays you know. 8)

But this sounds too cool to miss out on. I’ll try it later, promise! Will let you know.[/quote:25t0d017]

And it’s a ‘causal’ game – you can get absorbed and play it for hours straight, or you can play it for 5 minutes whilst your waiting for something – it’s your choice (imagine, if you will, an uber version of solitaire :wink: )

Viewing 9 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.