Viewing 87 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’m gonna promote my band with this thread :roll:

We’ve got some new songs up from the 18.2.2009 show if anyone is interested!

This was our first gig as Honey Made Opiate, nice to have it done. It went on pretty well I guess.

Check it out on http://www.myspace.com/honeymadeopiate

Rockers!

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’m gonna promote my band with this thread :roll: [/quote:nf50v4dn]

don’t feel too bad. afterall i made this thread.

http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=572

:lol: :P

and i will give it a listen when i get home. :wink:

Marcella
      Spectator

In My Tree and Left Unknown are my faves!

Danni
      Spectator

He he! Thanx guys, for the kind words! 8)

I was afraid of being too egocentring, but in a way we want people to hear it, kinda. But I dearly HATE shoving down our music down peoples throats. Myspace too is a giant \"Look at me-look at me-look at me!!\"-site.

Everyone is drowning in all music from demo bands. It ain’t easy, I tell you that…. :roll:

amnesia
      Spectator

As i said before.In My Tree is soooo fucking nice!!! i love it Honeymade. :D

Marcella
      Spectator

Oh and I also love your band’s name. It sounds…relaxingggg….

Anonymous
      Spectator

I like your band!
      My favs are Broken Feather and In My Tree. Rotten to the core isn’t bad either :P
      thanks for sharing ;)

Danni
      Spectator

Yeah, In My Tree is pretty cool! Especially live.

I don’t know what the name means exaclty, I just made up a few names and when researching I found like hundreds of bands with the same name, so we got HMO since it was vacant. Honey can mean a lot of things you know…. :D Honey like the fluid sort, Honey like honey, blah blah blah.. 8)

We would really like to play outside Sweden. Swedes are so lame. And they are all just into Arena-\"metal\" like AC/DC and Iron Maiden. Bluuahh… :?

Marcella
      Spectator

You should come to Mexico, we get obsessed and start fan clubs pretty automatically with any little band that comes, and they don’t even have to be good!

Anonymous
      Spectator

You should come to Mexico, we get obsessed and start fan clubs pretty automatically with any little band that comes, and they don’t even have to be good![/quote:1wziu2eq]

:lol:
      you should though ;) and it’s warm there

Danni
      Spectator

Marci:

Oh man, how I always dreamed of going to Mexico and Brazil…. :P

But I hope that one day I really will. The whole Mexican culture is very inspiring.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i think i would die of heat stroke in Mexico :lol:

great music though Honeymade! :)

Marcella
      Spectator

Yeah the heat is back in here. And winter wasn’t even cold. :cry:

I hope your band makes it big someday =). You definitely have the potential!

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i get heat sickness really easy in the summer. the sun is too bright and its too warm and it makes me really sick. :roll:

Marcella
      Spectator

Makes me sick too, and dizzy, and burns my ridiculously pale skin.

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s me ^^ except for the sunburn because i don’t stay in the sun long enough to get one :( otherwise i’m pale and would easily burn

Anonymous
      Spectator

I used to get sick like that as a child, but now I try not to stay in the sun for too long because I have damn near blacked out from it before on the 4th of July..scary!! I could hardly see where I was walking everything was dark and it was 4 in the afternoon. I was struggling to get to the curb (we were at a carnival at the park) wasn’t sure if I would make it. I sent my husband to get water.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, in middle school on the last day of school they would have the whole school outside for the last half of class for some kind of field day/ last day of school bash. it would be so hot and sunny that i would get horrifyingly ill. i threw up everywhere both years and almost passed out. i dreaded the last day of school because of these outdoor days. and i would always get sick like that in elementary school too, because they also had damn field days. it really sucked though because the teachers were reluctant to let anyone back into the school because they wanted to keep tabs on the students. i would get so damn sick from it. :oops: it also happens when i go to the Fair. :?

that’s probably why i’m practically albino. i just can’t take being out in the sun. :oops:

and i’m sorry honeymade that your thread has turned into a \"the sun makes me puke\" thread :P but i guess you should learn now about our WTF? thread derailments here :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

you should come to the US and tour with the Pumpkins!
      that would be excellent!
      I wonder if they will have opening bands ever again?

blueczarina
      Spectator

i don’t know what the pumpkins plan on doing. i wonder if they will ever do big gigs again? or if they hate the audience so much that they won’t.

Danni
      Spectator

you should come to the US and tour with the Pumpkins!
      that would be excellent!
      I wonder if they will have opening bands ever again?[/quote:dkuxs8vu]

Oh, yes please! They had a great band opening for them in Denmark in February of 2008. VETO was their name. 8)

Danni
      Spectator

yeah, in middle school on the last day of school they would have the whole school outside for the last half of class for some kind of field day/ last day of school bash. it would be so hot and sunny that i would get horrifyingly ill. i threw up everywhere both years and almost passed out. i dreaded the last day of school because of these outdoor days. and i would always get sick like that in elementary school too, because they also had damn field days. it really sucked though because the teachers were reluctant to let anyone back into the school because they wanted to keep tabs on the students. i would get so damn sick from it. :oops: it also happens when i go to the Fair. :?

that’s probably why i’m practically albino. i just can’t take being out in the sun. :oops:

and i’m sorry honeymade that your thread has turned into a "the sun makes me puke" thread :P but i guess you should learn now about our WTF? thread derailments here :wink:[/quote:8g9h414n]

He he.. :wink:

I’ve got sun-sensitive skin too. Being out in the frying sun like two hours and I look like a crab or something. :?

Arthur
      Spectator

You know my opinion already, Honeymade… I PM-ed you some time ago already when I discovered about your cool band… :wink:

Danni
      Spectator

You know my opinion already, Honeymade… I PM-ed you some time ago already when I discovered about your cool band… :wink:[/quote:1o52krze]
      Yup! Thanx Arthur :D :wink:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

im listening to your tunes right now honeymade. you guys are really good. great songwriting! how long have you been making music together?

Danni
      Spectator

im listening to your tunes right now honeymade. you guys are really good. great songwriting! how long have you been making music together?[/quote:tgva5okf]

Thanks Pumpkins!

This constellation wasn’t meant to be a band from the beginning. Me and my friend Joakim recorded two separate song (My Rotten To The Core and his Broken Feather) and we ended up as a band eventually, wanting to play smaller venues/clubs. And that is the main reason we are doing this.

I guess in a (in a not in a cocky kinda’ way) we just want to bring great rock music back so people can experience it live. Although there is a LOT of things to improve with the band. Perhaps my singing being the most important :?

Danni
      Spectator

im listening to your tunes right now honeymade. you guys are really good. great songwriting! how long have you been making music together?[/quote:2sq5swk8]

Otherwise me and J have been playing in different constellations (more or less serious) including Stars At Home, Melanic Feu, Snakeskin, Mogo and Herbie Flowers together and apart since like 1996…

some pumpkins
      Spectator

it really sounds like you guys have been playing together for a while. dont let it go. and come to LA. your sound would fit in great here, and you could play some clubs on sunset.

Danni
      Spectator

it really sounds like you guys have been playing together for a while. dont let it go. and come to LA. your sound would fit in great here, and you could play some clubs on sunset.[/quote:19pq07j2]

Thanks again Pumpkins, this means a lot!

We most certainly would l-l-l-love to play at the Roxy for example! 8)

But that’s half the way around the whole world… :cry:

Danni
      Spectator

Now, Honey Made Opiate have just finished recording four all new tunes plus a new version of Rotten To The Core at Addictive Sounds.

Hope you will like the new tunes Smash!, Relic, Soul Kiss and Stand My Loss.

A little pic of the extra super evil sound engineer Gabriel:

Arthur
      Spectator

It may as welll probably rock the shit.[/quote:y9tj26sj]
      Gimme! Is there a way to listen to them somewhere? 8)

Danni
      Spectator

Anonymous
      Spectator

make sure you post a reminder that the music is up
      preferably the day of :D

can’t wait to hear it!

Danni
      Spectator

Hiya guys!

New song Smash! up on http://www.myspace.com/honeymadeopiate now! More tracks coming this week.

Anonymous
      Spectator

good song!! I like it
      there is a one part that reminds me of Cherub Rock ;)
      thanks for posting :D

Danni
      Spectator

Cherub Rock? Really? I was afraid it would sound more like a Siva rip-off… But I hope not.

THis was J’s idea to record. I don’t like this song as much as the others that will be up soon. :)

it sounds great! :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Cherub Rock? Really? I was afraid it would sound more like a Siva rip-off… But I hope not.

THis was J’s idea to record. I don’t like this song as much as the others that will be up soon. :)[/quote:229vu52f]

they is a certain part that has the same style of guitar note played like in cherub rock
      it’s cool though!!
      looking forward to hearing the other songs!!

Danni
      Spectator

Thanks guys,

the new tunes will soon be up on the page. I’m just waiting for the sound engineer to fix a couple of mistakes on those darn tracks. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Compared to the other titles there is really some progress made in the last few months. You guys sound more tight together, the singing has improved, the guitar brings more tension in the song, and the very simple but extremely effective solo @ 2:05 – 2:15 is more than quite neat also… And I guess your recording skills have improved too!

I have always liked that Rotten To The Core song very much (good guitars, tight drumming, a real \"new bands’ anthem\"), but Smash! is pretty good also. To tell you the truth, I have the same feeling listening to you guys, when listening to the Smashing Pumpkins 1988 recordings… Meaning: very promising band. Keep on practising, give every molecule of that cool energy in your bodies and minds to this music, and please hold on together for a while more! 8)

Oh by the way, I don’t really hear Smashing Pumpkins references in your music… Very early 1970’s Kiss references, yes… And references to a Dutch band called Frogland ( http://www.froglandmusic.com/band/ <= listen to \"Fire\" & other songs)… In Rotten To The Core… But don’t pay attention to people saying such things, including me that is, as you definately have your own sound. No doubt. :wink:

Danni
      Spectator

Wow, thanks a lot Arthur!

Very glad to hear that. :D

I think the new version of Rotten To The Core might be better though! Only one small adjustment to be done now in the solo guitar-part, tehn It’ll be up!

I will check out Frogland now.

Danni
      Spectator

Awesome funky guitar playing in Fire! Reminds me somewhat of Red Hot Chili Peppers Dave Navarro-era back in 1995-1996. Great.

Tion
      Spectator

cool music!
      go Honeymade Opiate, go!

Danni
      Spectator

Now we’ve got all the new songs up folks! 8)

http://www.myspace.com/honeymadeopiate

Anonymous
      Spectator

Ok first and foremost great job!!!

I am going to tell you right now that Stand My Loss gave me goosebumps. That song is amazing. I want that song on a disc!! It’s my favorite song from you at the moment and a damn good one. I didn’t feel like it should have ended when it did, felt like it needed another minute or so. I am impressed with it!!

Soul Kiss is pretty awesome too and so is Rotten to the Core, which a guitar riff of yours reminded me of a riff from the band Heart…but I still liked it.
      You guys are pretty damn good!
      When is the album getting made? I want it! And like I said I really want Stand My Loss on a disc now!! Actually I wouldn’t mind a disc of your songs now…would be better than tuning into myspace!
      Great job guys 8)

Danni
      Spectator

Thanks a lot Reggae, that means a lot! (If I may refer to that name)

Originally we wanted to make an ammount of 500 seven-inch vinyls. That would be neat. But we have decided also releasing the songs we think fit the best on a cd. You know it’s not easy… I will never be like 100% satisfied (I’m even worse on that than J and I still think the singing is crap on some of the tracks) so then we’re starting questioning ourselves; is it worth the effort to put those songs out on a cd/vinyl-release, as it is quite expensive.

But we’re very glad to hear all the kind words as we see that this project isn’t all meaningless! :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

well start small I suppose….not sure how that whole mumbo jumbo goes with putting it on cd’s and vinyl. But I definitely want that song!!!!
      So maybe just do limited vinyl if possible-then it;s even more rare
      and maybe do more discs to get it our there and in the hands of people.

yes you can still refer to me as Reggae..lol..so confusing for people still..

But I think we are our own worst critics so you really shouldn’t start second guessing things it’s the people that hear your music who matter most-the fans ;)
      Once you second guess it won’t really be authentic (not sure if that is the right word I’m trying to convey)

Danni
      Spectator

Yeah, I guess second guessings can ruin a lot. You know, when you look at it that way, some of the greatest albums of all time have been recorded in 24h. That spontanity has always appealed me in a way.

We’ll see what we can do!

I guess I can start things off by letting people download that specific tune. :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Yeah, I guess second guessings can ruin a lot. You know, when you look at it that way, some of the greatest albums of all time have been recorded in 24h. That spontanity has always appealed me in a way.

We’ll see what we can do!

I guess I can start things off by letting people download that specific tune. :)[/quote:2pkggbll]

well looks like you shouldn’t 2nd guess yourself too much then :P

awesome can’t wait to download that song!! Let me know when we can access that!!

Anonymous
      Spectator

ok giving the songs another listen…Still love the one I said earlier :P

Now the question are you the one doing vocals? If it’s you, you have a great voice! It doesn’t give me this face :x awesomeness!

Danni
      Spectator

Hey Reggae, sorry, I forgot to let you know ( :oops: ) but the songs are now available for download.

I do the vocals on Rotten, Smash!, Soul Kiss and In My Tree and J on the others.

Technically he’s better than me though, but I’m learning through every session. :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

where are they available for download?

oh, and i see honeymade likes the Sky Drops :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Hey Reggae, sorry, I forgot to let you know ( :oops: ) but the songs are now available for download.

I do the vocals on Rotten, Smash!, Soul Kiss and In My Tree and J on the others.

Technically he’s better than me though, but I’m learning through every session. :D[/quote:sjjqcjdk]
      Ill be downloading!!

Danni
      Spectator

where are they available for download?

oh, and i see honeymade likes the Sky Drops :wink:[/quote:17166alg]

Yes indeed they are :wink:

Yeah, The Sky Drops kicks some serious butt! 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i like them too. they definitely have a great sound as does Honey Made Opiate of course. 8) :wink:

Danni
      Spectator

Yeah, but how did you discover The Sky Drops, Blue?

Thanx for the kind words. :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m disturbed by your avatar. its worse than finger licking Billy. :shock:

and i’m not sure where i got their music from. i must have downloaded a track a long time ago. i found it in my windows media player library when i decided to look in it for shits. i decided to listen to the song and thought it was pretty fantastic so i looked them up. otherwise i have no clue when i downloaded that track or from where. i didn’t even remember it. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

that is a fail for an avatar

that should be banned….ummmm yeah it should be like finger licking billy seems to be banned
      this is by far worse! Mods??? you shouldn’t make us females look at that :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

that should be banned….ummmm yeah it should be like finger licking billy seems to be banned
      this is by far worse! Mods??? you shouldn’t make us females look at that :lol:[/quote:2z0xqzdj]

yes, Arthur and Derek need to step in on this one. Danni’s avatar is making my eyes bleed. :wink:

this is by far worse! Mods??? you shouldn’t make us females look at that :lol:[/quote:2gwi3tfw]

omg i know! i’m scared!

and bring back finger licking billy! all in favor say I …..

blueczarina
      Spectator

I

Anonymous
      Spectator

I…. :P

but I did kind of agree with someone not to have finger licking Billy on here anymore :(
      someone thought it was rather disturbing :evil:

yay we got one… come on freakies, vote to bring back the finger licking billy! :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

it’s not gonna happen :(

Danni
      Spectator

Come one guys and guysesses, it’s Fabio. How can he not be hot? :?

*It ain’t bad to start of your day with a little bit of irony. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i hope you are joking. :lol: that isn’t hot on any level. :P

Danni
      Spectator

Ha ha, well, I think you’re right. Might remove it as my eyes are sore with that picture also.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i would rather look at some guy hanging himself in a tree a baby is swinging in any day :P where is this pic from? is it album art?

I…. :P

but I did kind of agree with someone not to have finger licking Billy on here anymore :(
      someone thought it was rather disturbing :evil:[/quote:2dhbdrr4]

b b b but… :cry:

Anonymous
      Spectator

i would rather look at some guy hanging himself in a tree a baby is swinging in any day :P where is this pic from? is it album art?[/quote:13l6zt5v]
      I like that avatar much better :D

although I could look at the Billy finger licking hottness anyday :P

b b b but… :cry:[/quote:13l6zt5v]
      I know it’s just mean isn’t it :(

yes!:cry:

Anonymous
      Spectator

yes!:cry:[/quote:3n5mktnm]
      Well bottom line is…
      it was disturbing to see this hot picture of Billy licking his finger :lol:
      and the boys are pussies and can’t handle that, but if it was some chic doing it they wouldn’t mind :lol:
      it would probably still be up :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

but if it was some chic doing it they wouldn’t mind :lol:[/quote:1ge2t3b6]
      Absolutely correct. But thing is, girls licking finger-like objects is undoubtly way more sexy, compared to boys doing that. Only silly gals like you, and gays for that matter, would disagree with me, I’m sure. :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

Absolutely correct. But thing is, girls licking finger-like objects is undoubtly way more sexy, compared to boys doing that. Only silly gals like you, and gays for that matter, would disagree with me, I’m sure. :P[/quote:2e9a7zqo]

OMG :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Absolutely correct. But thing is, girls licking finger-like objects is undoubtly way more sexy, compared to boys doing that. Only silly gals like you, and gays for that matter, would disagree with me, I’m sure. :P[/quote:3a8w3dpu]

OMG :lol:[/quote:3a8w3dpu]
      Sometimes I just love to say things as they are… :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

the \"and gays for that matter bit cracked me up\" :wink:

the things is though we aren’t talking about some random guy avatar we are talking about a billytastic avatar :P which i was actually responsible for finding and bringing to a miss confucious’ attention :P

i guess i’m just silly cause i thought it was hot… billyhottastic! :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

well we know what’s hot…boys are just lame and they are hatin’ cuz they don’t look that hot licking their own finger :lol:

yeah you tell em! :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

You stubborn, unbeatable, undestructable, and …, and …, whatever! fan-girls, you! I verdict you to Smashing Pumpkins hell where James Iha will open the door, D’Arcy will polish your nails, Jimmy will give you a full body massage, and where Billy Corgan himself will give you an acoustic serenade down your balcony! Yeah, I’m that evil! :evil:

Anonymous
      Spectator

oooh so evil… :lol:
      I’ll take it just this once :P

ooo if that’s my punishment… i wanna be bad more often :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

ooo if that’s my punishment… i wanna be bad more often :lol:[/quote:jockz727]
      I know, right ;) :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

switch Jimmy for Billy and Billy for Billy and i will join you all in this hell. 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

well then how about take James out too and switch him to Billy :lol:
      I’ll let D’Arcy still polish my toes-but they are already painted so we can skip that too

Blue…for some reason trying to envision Billy giving out a full body massage makes me laugh
      it just doesn’t seem like something he would do :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

he’s hotter than Jimmy though :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Ummmm…NO
      James is not cute…Jimmy doesn’t look so bad now like he did a long time ago(no he is not hott-just a step up from James :lol: )…plus he wears cool shoes sometimes :lol:
      screw this talk
      Billy is Hott
      much better subject :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

yes, billy is hott 8)

Viewing 87 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.