Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

azazel
      Keymaster

No no no… no new album just yet. ;)

However, my question is, what do you want the new album to sound like? Zeitgeist? Pre-Zeitgeist? American Gothic?

I was not a big fan of Zeitgeist. I think Siamese Dream is still my fav Pumpkins album, but it’s not only the lyrics, it’s also the sound.

I wish BC/JC would make a new record with the Siamese sound. Even the b-sides from that era (which are not typically \"heavy\") are some of my favs.

golly, that one is a hard question.

i really liked zietgiest, i thought it was good, all of the albums are diffrent in thier own way, and i really enjoy that, but they all have that \"pumpkin\" sound.

if they did more like american gothic that would be fine by me, i really like when they do acustic stuff, i like the loud too, oh it is so hard to try and say.

i think i would be happy with anything they put out.

Arthur
      Spectator

i think i would be happy with anything they put out.[/quote:1i1cewpk]
      Me too. I like to be surprised and, if necesarry, grow into it.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I don’t want it to sound like pre-Zeitgeist Pumpkins, I don’t want it to sound like Zeitgeist, I Don’t want it to sound like American Gothic.
      Part of the reason the Pumpkins have always appealed to me so much is the constant evolution of their sound, always moving forward, relentlessly, none of their albums really sound that much alike, so what I’m hoping for is something totally new.
      However I don’t think it will be radically different, more like a combination of American Gothic & Zeitgeist, but thats the problem if your going to be releasing prolifically, which is what their going to do : you get stuck thematically, I imagine it’s easier to come back with something really different 2/3 years after you wrote the last album than if you head into the studio less than a year afterwards. *shrugs*

Having said that, I have no doubt I’ll be into it anyway, so far Billy has yet to disappoint me with any of the music he has made in the Pumpkins or outside of them.

blueczarina
      Spectator

I don’t want it to sound like pre-Zeitgeist Pumpkins, I don’t want it to sound like Zeitgeist, I Don’t want it to sound like American Gothic.
      Part of the reason the Pumpkins have always appealed to me so much is the constant evolution of their sound, always moving forward, relentlessly, none of their albums really sound that much alike, so what I’m hoping for is something totally new.

I have no doubt I’ll be into it anyway, so far Billy has yet to disappoint me with any of the music he has made in the Pumpkins or outside of them.[/quote:23un6hl2]

I agree. I like how they constantly evolve too. I’m sure I will like whatever they put out. :)

I have to admit though, although I like The Rose March, American Gothic didn’t appeal to me that much. Its not horrible, but I couldn’t get into that one so much. :wink:

i really loved american gothic, sunkissed is my fav.

Anonymous
      Spectator

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I think they should go for a new sound.

Something completely different to the back catalogue is what i’m hoping for.

Although, i would love to hear a completely orchestral abum.That would be immense! :D

amnesia
      Spectator

I truely enjoy Zeitgeist and AG.But i doubt they will release a whole album again,maybe just a singel every now and then and a EP from time to time.But yes i want a whole album and i dont mind if it sounds like Zeitgeist and AG. :)

Marcella
      Spectator

I like the orchestral idea! I’ve always loved rock with orchestra tints on it.

I’m not sure how I want it to sound, but I do know I’m going to love whatever they come up with.

Anonymous
      Spectator

you know, it really does seem like a good idea to me for the Pumpkins to focus on doing singles and EPs right now.

with the industry what it is, and distribution considerations what they are, the Pumpkins are going to do the best business by being a touring band.

the music they release will serve to grow the fan base and provide them with instant feedback on the product they’re delivering.

as a working artist, probably what i’ve respected most about Mr. Corgan over the years have been his understanding that the art, the craft, is a business. He has a talent. A skill, and uses it to make a living. and he’s reading the market right.

so turn as much of a profit as is possible from product distribution, which is less than what it used to be, but doesn’t require a label to do, and make the bulk of the income from touring.

and when they come to Philly, I’ll always be there. i went to three of the four nights they were in town last.

and i’ll boo Billy again. enthusiastically. but only if he mentions in any way shape or form something that is negative towards, about or concerning the Eagles. and i have a place in my heart for the Bears. I don’t hate them. but you’re not allowed to celebrate their win over the Eagles in Philadelphia. EVER. especially not on the night the day of the game.

oh, and one other thing, about the recording of the music. seriously, they need to work with Butch Vig again. just fucking try it, please, i am begging the smashing pumpkins.

or if not, replicate that PRODUCTION. not the whole sound. THE VOCAL PRODUCTION. especially the double tracking of the vocals. it’s such a cool fucking sound, and so MUCH BETTER SOUNDING THAN ANY OTHER VOCAL PRODUCTION OF BILLY CORGAN’S VOICE SINCE.

and yes, the all-caps is because i want that to stand out from the rest of the text. and besides, that kind of production makes the live show more unique because the singing is so different from the ethereal quality of the recording.

/end stump session of the moment

Viewing 10 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.