Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

i guess this was on Netphoria and someone just put it up on thepumpkins.net. its quite a departure. :wink:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Smashing … ter/116735

ObscureD
      Spectator

Great job 8)

amnesia
      Spectator

Nice find Blue. I really dont like that picture. It looks evil :?

Arthur
      Spectator

This person should compete in our contest. Just change August for November, and there you go! :lol:

I love this design. It looks evil. :evil:

not fair arthur. it is kick ass, and would win, then all of us hardworkers would be sad sad sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anonymous
      Spectator

not fair arthur. it is kick ass, and would win, then all of us hardworkers would be sad sad sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:[/quote:1pgnigsj]

yeah, what bullet said

after seeing that I feel so lame

Oh man, that looks AWESOME

me too. oh man i suck.

Arthur
      Spectator

I wonder what those artists get for creating a poster and things for a Smashing Pumpkins concert.

500 bucks? Like the prize in our contest? Or less? Or more?

Anonymous
      Spectator

That’s good question Arthur, however I am enjoying just doing this, It’s fun, hard work and for a band I love. But wow the poster is pretty sweet.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, its a cool poster, but it is so dark looking. i still like the hippie one better. its more pretty and was nice for a change. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

That font kicks ass!

Marcella
      Spectator

I love it. I really like how they can make it look all hardcore and evil after making it look all hippy and symbolism-filled.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

That is a really awesome poster but then again I am more into the darker things.
      It kinda looks midevil to me.

The skull design on the top is pretty sweet. :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

That is a really awesome poster but then again I am more into the darker things.
      It kinda looks midevil to me.

The skull design on the top is pretty sweet. :)[/quote:1islnkls]

medieval – sorry, i’m a stickler for speling.

Anonymous
      Spectator

[/quote:10sguk3l]

haha and you have a cute colorful pinata for your picture…lol
      real dark…lol

Unfortunately, when I see this poster it makes me think Slayer-not Smashing Pumpkins like it suppose to.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Unfortunately, when I see this poster it makes me think Slayer-not Smashing Pumpkins like it suppose to.[/quote:36lbfrgu]

you know i have to agree. its a cool poster for sure, but it doesn’t seem pumpkin to me either some how. i think maybe because it looks all classic rock/ metal, etc.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I really like it, if G.L.O.W. is any indication of a new direction their going, I think the dark imagery of the poster really fits well :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m baffled. G.L.O.W. doesn’t sound dark to me. It has a deep base line so that part I could see why it sounds dark. idk….

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I think it’s not so much that it’s dark, and more that its darker than the zeitgeist material.

Anonymous
      Spectator

It’s that baseline Ginger has going….has to be

blueczarina
      Spectator

i agree GLOW does sound a bit darker. it has this kind of sinister baseline. but this poster looks like a whiskey bottle. it just doesn’t feel pumpkin. i guess to me there is pumpkin dark- Adore, Machina, Goth, Nosferatu, etc.- and this poster dark- badass dude with a bottle of whiskey in some bar. it just doesn’t fit in my mind.

it does look like a poster for sturgis or something. and if you don’t know what that is, google it people, been there, done that, have many t-shirts from it.

blueczarina
      Spectator

it does look like a poster for sturgis or something. and if you don’t know what that is, google it people, been there, done that, have many t-shirts from it.[/quote:1pda5ok0]

i was thinking of biker dudes too.

hehe, you live close so that doesn’t count. but doesn’t it look like that? it is cool, but not pumpkiny.

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, you live close so that doesn’t count. but doesn’t it look like that? it is cool, but not pumpkiny.[/quote:1zzue8jz]

hehe, we have this group of bikers come through town every year as a stop before heading there i think.

it does look that way though. and yeah, cool poster, but not pumpkin.

Viewing 25 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.