Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

The last few months we see more and more new members coming in (be welcomed, and have fun here! 8) ), but unfortunately there is also a growth in SPAM users. Around 90% of them use e-mail accounts originated from Google Mail (GMAIL) and HOTMAIL to have their spambots create new accounts on this forum, so for the moment we have blocked GMAIL and HOTMAIL users to become a new member on http://www.SPfreaks.com and its forums. Existing members with GMAIL and HOTMAIL accounts will not be influenced by this decision, of course!

But… Blocked? No, not entirely… If you still want to become a member here with a GMAIL or HOTMAIL account, and you are a real person with serious intentions, you only have to send an email to the address behind the \"Contact\" button on top. We will then create your account manually for you. Just give us your nick you want to use, the password that you would like to use with the nick, and of course the GMAIL or HOTMAIL e-mail address to be used for the confirmation message from this forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it pisses us off big times, deleting 15-20 spam users each day… :evil:

Are these spam users actually spamming, or are they just created and not posting?

If they’re spamming, then delete. If they’re not spamming, what’s the problem?

blueczarina
      Spectator

i think its a good plan. we have been getting spammed more it seems. and when the bots have posted- at least lately anyway- its been pretty bad shit :x plus i click on the newest registered user a lot and 9 times out of 10 its a spambot, so i think its a good plan. plus a real person can just email SPfreaks and get an account created so it works. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Exactly… And I want an \"honest\" user count on this forum too.

And I want an "honest" user count on this forum too.[/quote:13xyrt3n]

I can understand why you’d want that, but honestly? It’ll probably reach a point where you can’t control it. The official Mew forum (which I was a member of for a few months, then left because I felt there was a certain level of hostility towards me) has like 12000 members, of those I’d say about 50 are regular posters, the rest spambots/unused accounts.

There’s a chance it may spiral out of control, like that, here too. Just so you’re aware.

blueczarina
      Spectator

The official Mew forum (which I was a member of for a few months, then left because I felt there was a certain level of hostility towards me) [/quote:2ei6jege]

hostility, huh? :P what did you do? :P

hostility, huh? :P what did you do? :P[/quote:298b1edk]

My first mistake was defending the emo term, or correcting use of it, or something.

After that… it was just coming up with ideas and being flamed for it. For instance, suggesting one song (that was an unused song on one of their albums) could have evolved into another song on another album, and then being flat out told I was wrong. A lot. Somewhat angrily/harshly. Plus, there were quite a few just general dickish regular users on there too.

Marcella
      Spectator

I think it’s a good idea.

All the other forums I’ve been a part of have crashed after a few months :D.

blueczarina
      Spectator

hostility, huh? :P what did you do? :P[/quote:38jg97dm]

My first mistake was defending the emo term, or correcting use of it, or something.

After that… it was just coming up with ideas and being flamed for it. For instance, suggesting one song (that was an unused song on one of their albums) could have evolved into another song on another album, and then being flat out told I was wrong. A lot. Somewhat angrily/harshly. Plus, there were quite a few just general dickish regular users on there too.[/quote:38jg97dm]

fun :roll: i hate forums like that

Arthur
      Spectator

All the other forums I’ve been a part of have crashed after a few months :D.[/quote:16di6y3f]
      Stop posting 1,500 times per second, then. Give them a break! :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

All the other forums I’ve been a part of have crashed after a few months :D.[/quote:1bgvbf81]
      Stop posting 1,500 times per second, then. Give them a break! :P[/quote:1bgvbf81]

speaking of that i’m suprised us SPfreaks haven’t killed this forum due to excessive posting :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

I noticed it went REALLY quiet with the spambots last few days… Wonderful! :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, yeah! kick ass 8)

Viewing 12 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.