Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Shannen
      Spectator

May 28, 2008 – New single coming in September 2008

Smashingpumpkins.com would like to announce that a new single is coming from the band in September of this year.

This song will not be attached to Zeitgeist and will be completely new material.

No song title has been revealed at this time.

that is right from the news on sp.com

i am sooooo excited!!!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

HOLY CRAP
      i’m sooooooo excited too!!! :D
      i know what i’m buying in September. Yay!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

September not too far away really.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Anonymous
      Spectator

Time sure does fly, great to see something new coming up again.

My hope is it’s not a digital-only release, that aside I’m sure it’ll be another gem. :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

My hope is it’s not a digital-only release[/quote:7vhemkax]

I know what you mean. I hope its not a digital only thing too.

I wonder how they will be releasing music now though, esp. without a label. It probably will be itunes or something. :roll:

Can you even release CDs without the backing of a label or something? I know they have released a few things in the past on their own, but can that be done on a large scale with something like a regular album? Is digital really their only option? I don’t know, but its something to think about. Zeitgeist/ AG could be the end of regular physical releases. :(

Plus they won’t have the funds anymore- at least not like you get with a label.

i would so cry if they did that.

i want a great cd to hold in my hands, a little book to look through, no ditgital only pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

blueczarina
      Spectator

I want a CD too, I just wonder if they could even keep doing that. They are kind of on their own now. :wink:

ObscureD
      Spectator

CD release please to complete my collection :D

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I don’t think SP will abandon physical releases, I think there just wont be as many, as in, if you don’t get it within the first week of release, you will be lucky to get it.
      I do think they will be releasing a lot of stuff digital only though, eg. they said they will be releasing the next album bit by bit, obviously there wont be a physical release until it is completed, also as they said it will be on the scale of MCIS that would make it a double album, which again is more expensive for them to get out there, which means….well just be first in line to get it when it comes out, it’s easier that way ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

I don’t think SP will abandon physical releases, I think there just wont be as many, as in, if you don’t get it within the first week of release, you will be lucky to get it. […]well just be first in line to get it when it comes out[/quote:t36dd6q0]

Sad :(
      I like having physical releases best. I would be sad if I didn’t get a hold of one.

I always have to buy stuff off of the internet. Nobody really cares about the SP where I live and the stores don’t carry them much.

Sickboy
      Spectator

CD? I hope they release it on vinyl… as well as Zeitgeist….

amnesia
      Spectator

I hope the new singel will be released on CD/vinyl.And not only on Itunes only :(

me too. i def want something neat to hold in my hand.

Arthur
      Spectator

me too. i def want something neat to hold in my hand.[/quote:3s0kmaxd]
      Me too. CD or DVD please, I’m a huge collector of silver discs. Live shows would be awesome, I just LOVE to have them and listen to them! 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i prefer having something i can hold also and an album book to flip through.

Marcella
      Spectator

I really can’t wait for this! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it announced on the official website.

I heard that most artists now are settling for digital releases, and that CD’s will soon disappear. That frightens me; there is definitely nothing as going to the store and buying the album you’ve waited so long for, being able to hold it, to flip open the album book and read the lyrics or the credits, everything. It’s too much of a unique feeling to disappear.

i agree!

shampoo
      Spectator

Why only announce a new single for September? Not that I’m complaining it just seems odd. I guess they announced it now to coincide with the “era shows” or something along those lines.

Shannen
      Spectator

Cool! Something new to be added to my collection :D

Viewing 19 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.