Tion
      Spectator

Oh wow. Those are absolutely amazing…

ETA:

MENSTRUAL BLOOD[/quote:2fmwq1it]

wut

Pipoka
      Spectator

Ok this mind sound stupid but i confused about the blood thing….. it’s not real right?! i feeling stupid to ask but …. just to be sure… :roll:

i think they are awesome !

Ok this mind sound stupid but i confused about the blood thing….. it’s not real right?! i feeling stupid to ask but …. just to be sure… :roll:[/quote:35w1w2ao]

I think it might be real. I’ve heard of blood being used in art relatively often before. I also know menstrual blood has been used as well, in other art.

Nevertheless

MENSTRUAL BLOOD[/quote:35w1w2ao]

WT-FUCKING-F!?!?!

Pipoka
      Spectator

blueczarina
      Spectator

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Nachtkabarett
      Spectator

WHY DO YOU WORK IN PENCIL?

All of my drawings are done completely in graphite drawing pencil, of various shades and softness. Part of what I’m interested in is creating with pencil what many artists seek to create with paints. The black skies and shadows within my pieces are in fact done completely in pencil, not charcoals or any other tool.

It was never necessarily a contrived or pre intentioned decision to use only pencil but moreso it was a medium which I had honed for years and decided to continue with. Most accomplished pieces are done as paintings while many choose not to pursue use of pencil beyond sketch or illustration purposes so my use of pencil in very large conceptual pieces I felt was something a bit unorthodox and a medium which I wanted to pursue and take to another level beyond the extent of most artists’ use of pencil.

WHOSE BLOOD DO YOU PAINT IN & WHY?

The first time I had ever incorporated blood into a drawing was a self portrait concept I chose for class in 1998 in which the blood was intended to represent stigmata wounds. At the time I didn’t know that I had actually hit on something as interesting and unique as it was soon to turn into but the original methodology was that blood was the most personal and symbolic medium one could possibly work with, as it literally comes from the self and literally from the heart. When I began to delve deeper and into much more personal expression with my art it was a medium which followed through and into present day. The blood used is completely my own as that fact is integral to its very use, aside from my latest piece L’Age Noir where the menstrual blood of my fiancee was used with a mixture of my own as symbolic my love for her and the themes within. But as art is an expression of the self the use of blood in my works is to meld the abstract and physical together, a personal / literal insertion, which is intended to resonate through the finished piece even if subconsciously.

Blood is about as personal as one can get, folks.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m still not sure about the blood. it wouldn’t be my choice for a medium :wink: but i do like the drawings. they are pretty cool. :) :wink:

Nachtkabarett
      Spectator

Ahh…what else is art for, if not provoking thought, discussion, and unsettling the people?

:)

http://www.thethirdangelsounded.com

Lots of good stuff.

I got bored last night; hence why I put this up in the first place.

Glad you like it though :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Awesome stuff, great to see the world being made more interesting. :) 8)

I feel he’d also like my friend’s work, so just saluting a link for you guys in return:

http://joholland.com

~ Stay free ~

Nachtkabarett
      Spectator

If I had money, I’d buy a lot of your friend’s work >.<

the art is great, but i do have to agree with superlord and some of the others, menstural blood? i understand why, but, i would like a print rather than the original. :wink:

Nachtkabarett
      Spectator

Print’s are available for sale from the main site :P

I only have one print at the moment, of Borgia.

Nick’s going to do a new piece for me, should/whenever I finish my novel. :)

well if i ever catch up on bills enough to be able to buy some art, that would be on my list. i am not gonna even go and look, i will want then i will be sad, for no money.

i need a darn job, ebay is just to slow right now. but it is hard for me to work outside the house due to my husbands disabilities, he needs driven around to apts and such, and some sort of supervision, lots of meds make him a little silly sometimes.

Tion
      Spectator

to be honest: its a bit to much cliche for me….
      ….seen this to many times…..

Nachtkabarett
      Spectator

You’ve seen self portraits as the author of 120 Days of Sodom, and punk icons like Sid Vicious surrounded by a blood border of Hebrew invocations?

Pray tell; where? :lol:

I’d love to further explore that scene.

Tion
      Spectator

we got a dark art forum here in germany, called Psd-darkArt.
      its a forum for fotoshop users, were you can upload your \"dark\"
      artwork and discuss with the community.
      i would like to give you the link, but you have to be a member for a while
      at Psd-Art.de community if you want to enter the dark art site….

but belive me, i have seen similar pictures .

well, i still think its well done. :wink:

btw: google for \"dark artwork\" and enjoy :wink:

Viewing 16 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.