Viewing 54 reply threads
  • Author

Honeymade Opiate
      Spectator

Just an idea, here. What other artist/band or such do you collect besides the Pumpkins? Or are you looking for a special item of a kind? Pictures, etc etc?

C’mon and brag people, i know you want to!

On my behalf it’s gotta be

Therapy?, Jane’s Addiction, Dinosaur Jr, Hole, Foo Fighters (stuff only from their debut album!), Earth, Hellacopters mainly.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I used to collect a lot of Deftones vinyl. Still have it all. And a few cool posters.

Danni
      Spectator

Deftones, eyh? :wink:

Ya know, I haven’t listened to them very much and I just don’t know why. Although I have to admit that Saturday Night Wrist from 2006 is a great album.

mr.benway
      Spectator

mr.benway
      Spectator

On my behalf it’s gotta be

Therapy?, Jane’s Addiction, Dinosaur Jr, Hole, Foo Fighters (stuff only from their debut album!), Earth, Hellacopters mainly.[/quote:271adntr]
      Wow…Those are phantastic bands… I like them also a lot… Back in the mid 90s i was also collecting Hole & Foo Fighters, but i sold the promos & vinyl ( :? ) a few years ago.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i half assed collect the odd bloc party and franz ferdinand item, mostly franz though. they have better album art and some odd promo stuff.

i collect pocket dragons…. [url:2slselsh]http://www.dragonsinmypocket.com/shop/home.php?cat=5[/url:2slselsh]

they don’t make them anymore :( but some places still have some for sale online. unfortunately i have not been able to afford to buy any for a long time.

blueczarina
      Spectator

funny little critters. i haven’t seen those before Rose. :wink: how many do you have?

i have some non-music collections of sorts too. i like to collect odd little toys and random strangeness. i always liked weird toys and vintage stuff. plus i also collect fashion advertisements.

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha, i didn’t see the picture. you have quite a few. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i used to collect the SHIT out of porcelain animal figurines from this company:

http://www.hagenrenaker.com/

i think i have about 200 pieces all stored at my parents house.

blueczarina
      Spectator

interesting. are they mostly horses or are there other critters too in your collection?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

oh, i got em all. cats, dogs, mice, bears, horses, frogs, etc…

those are neat manilla! i also collect shot glasses too. i have another curio cabinet in the kitchen full of them.

i just love the pocket dragons. we even had a bride and groom one on top of our wedding cake :) i have a picture but it’s not digital and i don’t have a scanner so i can’t post it. maybe one day i can get a scanner.

blueczarina
      Spectator

that is neat manilla. i love little frog figurines. and that’s cool rose. dragon wedding toppers. did the cake match?

Arthur
      Spectator

Hehehe, cool topic! Seems like everybody collects not only Smashing Pumpkins lol! Same here, I collect funny antique artifacts (especially Asian!), Dutch clay pipes from the 1500 – 1800 era, Dutch unused stamps, and music wise: 16 Horsepower (US), Noir Desir (FR) and Reboelje (Frisian band).

When I was young I collected plastic Pink Panther figurines. Shannen and her brother even gave me 2 Pink Panther dolls a while back, 1 of them to stick to the car window. Pink Panther rulez! Somebody remembers the cartoon where Pink Panther buys an \"instant hole\" and it even got delivered in a box, and then he starts using it, by throwing it on the floor and then jumping in it to disappear? Fucking brilliant! :lol:

Also the movies with Peter Sellers are brilliant…

Inspector Clouseau enters a hotel lobby and spots a dog in the hallway. He asks the guy at the desk:

\"Doezz your dog bite?\"
      \"No.\"

Clouseau tries to cuddle the dog.

…Wraf! Wraf! Bite!…

\"Uhm, I thought your dog doezz not bite?\"
      \"That is not my dog.\"

:lol:

Danni
      Spectator

That’s cool y’all!

Speaking of figures, anyone remberer these? The 1988 TMHT figures:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i think my brother had a turtle one.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i have a collection of these. they are McDonalds Magic Nursery dolls. they were a christmas happy meal toy in the 90’s.

Arthur
      Spectator

McDonalds Magic Nursery dolls.

[/quote:1cdxr99k]

:shock: OMG! :shock:

Now I suddenly understand Iconoclasm, and book burnings… Some things just should NOT exist! :shock:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i own them because they are fucked up. :lol: plus its really creepy to have a pail of them and i collect weird shit. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, and when i get some time i will upload some pics, because there is more weirdness in the twilight zone that is my collection of random stuff. :P

amnesia
      Spectator

[/quote:2cogs8wm]

Those are very cute, Rose. :)

You own all of them, or you still need some ?

Anonymous
      Spectator

oh, i got em all. cats, dogs, mice, bears, horses, frogs, etc…[/quote:14qfnpjv]

:? i know woman collect stuff like that but you of all people…who would have guessed :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

oh, i got em all. cats, dogs, mice, bears, horses, frogs, etc…[/quote:1ftvkh31]

:? i know woman collect stuff like that but you of all people…who would have guessed :lol:[/quote:1ftvkh31]

i bought a few and then i couldn’t stop!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i admit i was surprised too manilla :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i used to collect coca cola polar bears too. ;)

Anonymous
      Spectator

i used to collect coca cola polar bears too. ;)[/quote:24292kwg]
      really? they are so cute..I had barbie crap, but I gave them away when I was younger-lucky girls :twisted:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i never liked barbie. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

some do some don’t..and I was like 3 when I got my first whore for christmas..lol

blueczarina
      Spectator

first whore for christmas :lol:

there are a lot of pocket dragons that i don’t have… my collection is not very big compared to lots of other peoples. but that’s ok. i’m happy with the ones i have :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

first whore for christmas :lol:[/quote:1sfmz07v]
      :lol: sounds horrid

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I try to pick up pretty much anything David Bowie/The Cure related whenever I find something.
      I think I might even have *gasp* more Bowie stuff than SP!! :o
      To be fair though….he has been around slightly longer than Billy & co. ;)
      I used to collect Nightmare before christmas stuff too, but I ran out of space to put the stuff so I gave that up :(

blueczarina
      Spectator

we’ll forgive you :P

and i like Nightmare Before Christmas too. i love the imagery and art of it. i don’t have any stuff beyond my dvd though. i think that’s mainly because all of these dumb pre-teen/ teen wannabe goth emos kind of ruined that particular merch for me. :roll: it seems every time i see it i always think oh, neat. then afterward i get a picture of your typical hot topic idiot with there pumpkin jack hoodie, dyed hair, too small pants, fake badges and and pins, and i want to look all emotional and individual by dressing up like the rest of the idiots at school and following the latest emo fad attitude. :roll: those bastards kind of ruin good stuff. it almost seems to cheapen it for me even though it probably shouldn’t. :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

The Nightmare Before Christmas movie is so awesome.
      Its one of my top 10 movies of all time.

i like nightmare before christmas too. i have a jack skellington t-shirt and my dvd, but that’s it. i like the artwork of it too. one time when we were in the tattoo shop, there was a guy getting a scene from the movie tattooed on his back it was cool :)

Danni
      Spectator

Yeah, and I’ve seen that even that guy Billy Corgan has a N.B.C-sweater, isn’t that right? :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

well actually isn’t it a hoodie

look for yourself

I am seriously considering becoming a Mew collector. They are such a great band, not so old as to be overwhelming, with a really weird but wonderful sense of aesthetics meaning their releases always look really good. Also, they rival the mighty SP in terms of b-sides, in both quality and relative quantity!

Danni
      Spectator

I am seriously considering becoming a Mew collector. They are such a great band, not so old as to be overwhelming, with a really weird but wonderful sense of aesthetics meaning their releases always look really good. Also, they rival the mighty SP in terms of b-sides, in both quality and relative quantity![/quote:38gnoac6]

Superlord, yeah, the danish Mew definately has their moments. I like the Frengers album but also that track "Why Are You Looking So Grave?" featuring my great god of all times: J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr – the best band ever) from their 2005 release "…..And The Glass Handed Kites". Other than that I haven’t listened too much to Mew.

You should definitely check out the rest of ATGHK – it’s really good. Also check out their debut, A Triumph For Man. Their second album, Half The World Is Watching Me isn’t really essential – it’s good, but all but one of the songs on it have been re-recorded, and all of the newer versions are equal to or better than the originals. 5 our of 7 of the new ones are on Frengers, and the last 2 aren’t hard to find mp3s for.

But yeah, I <3 Mew, can’t wait for the new album :D

amnesia
      Spectator

I think Mew are very overrated, maybe because they play them all the time on the radio.
      And they are not even very popular here in Denmark, even though its a Danish band.
      I dont think they are bad, i just had to much Mew the last 8-10 years. :?

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

and i like Nightmare Before Christmas too. i love the imagery and art of it. i don’t have any stuff beyond my dvd though. i think that’s mainly because all of these dumb pre-teen/ teen wannabe goth emos kind of ruined that particular merch for me. :roll: it seems every time i see it i always think oh, neat. then afterward i get a picture of your typical hot topic idiot with there pumpkin jack hoodie, dyed hair, too small pants, fake badges and and pins, and i want to look all emotional and individual by dressing up like the rest of the idiots at school and following the latest emo fad attitude. :roll: those bastards kind of ruin good stuff. it almost seems to cheapen it for me even though it probably shouldn’t. :wink:[/quote:cslfrl8l]

Hehe, I know what you mean, I’m (or rather : I *was*) more into collecting figurines, mannequins, teddies and other stuff, rather than clothes though….not that I don’t have a few t-shirts too :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ve never heard them. i might check them out later. bands i’ve considered collecting are Sonic Youth and Radiohead, but they rival the SP in terms of expensive. :? :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

and i like Nightmare Before Christmas too. i love the imagery and art of it. i don’t have any stuff beyond my dvd though. i think that’s mainly because all of these dumb pre-teen/ teen wannabe goth emos kind of ruined that particular merch for me. :roll: it seems every time i see it i always think oh, neat. then afterward i get a picture of your typical hot topic idiot with there pumpkin jack hoodie, dyed hair, too small pants, fake badges and and pins, and i want to look all emotional and individual by dressing up like the rest of the idiots at school and following the latest emo fad attitude. :roll: those bastards kind of ruin good stuff. it almost seems to cheapen it for me even though it probably shouldn’t. :wink:[/quote:14c9qm87]

Hehe, I know what you mean, I’m (or rather : I *was*) more into collecting figurines, mannequins, teddies and other stuff, rather than clothes though….not that I don’t have a few t-shirts too :P[/quote:14c9qm87]

haha, yeah, there is some cool items out there. too many dipshits are into the merch here though. :wink: you should see the teens in this town. :roll:

blueczarina
      Spectator

speaking of nightmare before christmas. here is Arthur’s nightmare before christmas. :lol: they were a holiday happy meal toy.

McDonalds Magic Nursery dolls.

[/quote:pxkq3opl]

:shock: OMG! :shock:

Now I suddenly understand Iconoclasm, and book burnings… Some things just should NOT exist! :shock:[/quote:pxkq3opl]

amnesia
      Spectator

Thats one ugly doll. :shock:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Thats one ugly doll. :shock:[/quote:3jgvkcc0]

they are retarded. its true.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Very creepy :/

blueczarina
      Spectator

i also have them in blue sleepers. :P i have a lot of weird crap. :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

i also have them in blue sleepers. :P i have a lot of weird crap. :wink:[/quote:1xmuqv3p]

Your so werid, Blue. :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

i also have them in blue sleepers. :P i have a lot of weird crap. :wink:[/quote:3b3gr1pw]
      well I think your dolls are cute :P
      now on the other hand a man collecting horses, dogs, cats, etc *cough *cough Manilla…that I find weird

blueczarina
      Spectator

i know. ever since i was little i collected odd crap. :lol:

Danni
      Spectator

Hers’s some of the other shit I collect(except SP) , and these ones are the ones I recently bought:

Viewing 54 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.