Viewing 53 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Keymaster

Any interest amonst current members? Here, threads to discuss would relate to say, religion, science, love, anthropology, history, etc.

What do you think?

oh man, you might be on a slippery slope with that one, we may end up fighting.

but i am up for it if you are.

Anonymous
      Spectator

well it can’t be as bad ss some of the shit at SP site…lol

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, i hate this stupid phrase, but it used to be on the \"O-BOARD\", and I found myself frequenting it quite regularly.

turbostasis, if you’re out there….

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i do like philosophy and i study Russian philosophy and religion, but these kinds of areas can lead to forum wars fast. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

we’re all mature here. plus, i’m in control. ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

true, and we usually don’t try to kill eachother on here.

new avatar, nice :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

do you recognize? anyone????

5 miscellaneous worthless non-negotiable points to the first to call it.

blueczarina
      Spectator

James Bond?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

nope

blueczarina
      Spectator

dang, i can’t figure out what he is doing.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

falling

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, ok

he looks like he is puffing smoke.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

lol, that’s one gigantic hit!

blueczarina
      Spectator

lol, that’s one gigantic hit![/quote:xswszmtn]

yeah, it is :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

having some mod fun i see.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

getting rid of useless members. i.e. people who register to advertise viagara. go away!!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i saw that. :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

*kiss kiss blue*

gotta head to bed. hopefully.

*fingers crossed*

blueczarina
      Spectator

hopefully, i think your clear though.

good night manilla :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

so people sign up to spam on here? seriously?
      Whoa that is pathetic…

Whoa that is pathetic…[/quote:1uwoz9i4]

They’re spam-bots, presumably. Programs designed to automatically sign up to forums and create topics, in the off chance of generating revenue, or possibly infecting people with viruses.

jerk asses.

Anonymous
      Spectator

That’s just dumb. This world is outta control

Arthur
      Spectator

Whoa that is pathetic…[/quote:3c7btaff]
      Obviously we had 1 today…

Anonymous
      Spectator

I must have missed it or you are top dog de spaminator

blueczarina
      Spectator

thats f*-ed up. spamming on here. :?

Arthur
      Spectator

I must have missed it or you are top dog de spaminator[/quote:zse99kuy]
      http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=626

Anonymous
      Spectator

totally missed it…Good job

Has anyone else noticed that we have not once addressed philosophy or anything related in this thread yet, despite the title?

blueczarina
      Spectator

Has anyone else noticed that we have not once addressed philosophy or anything related in this thread yet, despite the title?[/quote:4v98niki]

i was thinking that last night actually. i guess so much for philosophy. :wink:

i was waiting for it, but nothing yet. what you wanna talk abot?

Arthur
      Spectator

Don’t worry, let me save the topic.

Plato once said, \"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good and just and beautiful.\"

Now, what did Socrates, Friedrich Nietsche and the other great philosophers say about music?

And I don’t want to hear that quote again of Nietsche when he was 14 years old, in 1858:

\"Billy Corgan gave us music so that we, first and foremost, will be guided upward by it. All qualities are united in music: it can lift us up, it can be capricious, it can cheer us up and delight us, nay, with its soft, melancholy tunes, it can even break the resistance of the toughest character. Its main purpose, however, is to lead our thoughts upward, so that it elevates us, even deeply moves us. … Music also provides pleasant entertainment and saves everyone who is interested in it from boredom. All humans who despise it should be considered mindless, animal-like creatures. Ever be this most glorious gift of Billy Corgan my companion on my life’s journey, and I can consider myself fortunate to have come to love it. Let us rock out in eternal praise to Billy Corgan who is offering us this beautiful enjoyment of the Smashing Pumpkins.\"

i think that guy was a genius.

blueczarina
      Spectator

your silly Arthur. :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Well I guess since my hubby doesn’t like SP or good music for that matter, he must be a mind-less animal:)
      and when I think deeper he is.. hmmm is that good or bad..I would say he needs some SP in his life, what’s he so afraid of?
      I am glad to have a band that can connect on deeper issues than just being here in the world and doing what the law of the land wants us to do.

Arthur
      Spectator

your silly Arthur. :)[/quote:38rni1uz]
      Just breaking the infinite sadness with some temporary sillyness. Isn’t it why you love coming here, to be surprised by it? :wink:

music really inspires me. i couldn’t live without it. not at all, if there was no music i would just die. dead. bye bye bullet.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

\"Without music, life would be a mistake\" – Nietsche

blueczarina
      Spectator

your silly Arthur. :)[/quote:2jzcl94t]
      Just breaking the infinite sadness with some temporary sillyness. Isn’t it why you love coming here, to be surprised by it? :wink:[/quote:2jzcl94t]

why yes, that is why i come here. :lol: we have fun. :)

i love music too. i couldn’t imagine living without it either, esp. the music i love most like the SP. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I think we could use a drink avatar: toast to SP

manillascissor
      Keymaster

The point of the original post was to see if there was any interest in an actual FORUM for these discussions.

Maybe I should have made it a poll????

Arthur
      Spectator

The point of the original post was to see if there was any interest in an actual FORUM for these discussions.[/quote:33v0n189]
      I sense a huge interest in a PLEASE DERAIL EVERY 3RD POST – FORUM. You can mod around 75% of our existing sillyness over there, manillascissor. I’m afraid that includes my posts too. Sigh… :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Ha ha! Well, can’t mod derailing. Or, I just don’t want to! :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

The point of the original post was to see if there was any interest in an actual FORUM for these discussions.[/quote:1lmz4agn]
      I sense a huge interest in a PLEASE DERAIL EVERY 3RD POST – FORUM. You can mod around 75% of our existing sillyness over there, manillascissor. I’m afraid that includes my posts too. Sigh… :wink:[/quote:1lmz4agn]

i don’t mind a real philosophy discussion, but your right- every thread derails pretty quick and i know i contribute too. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yes, but I think overall, that forum may have a more serious ambience to it. Less silliness.

Will Big A’s approval, I think we’ll give it a whirl.

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, so your going to make a seperate section for it? i see now. it could be interesting.

you will have to ban all our silliness though. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Yes, but I think overall, that forum may have a more serious ambience to it. Less silliness.

Will Big A’s approval, I think we’ll give it a whirl.[/quote:3hh7qbxf]
      Sure, go ahead. If it doesn’t work after all, you can always mod the topics back to Misc. Forum and delete the Philosophy Forum. But I think it will add to this place in the end, after a period of growth. Good idea manilla!

i wasn’t being silly, i was serious. everyone else was silly. not me for once. i think.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Cool, I’ll make this tonight. Right now, I’m cleaning my son’s room. Purging toys, locating legos, organizing books, cleaning sheets, and vacuumming. It REALLY REALLY sucks.

haha, i hate that. do you have tons of pokemon cards to go through? cause i have to everytime.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

lmao, YES!!!

:lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

haha Pokemon cards…I did that when my son was young when Pokemon 1st came out-now I back at it again wit my 8 year old-gees…does it ever stop

Viewing 53 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.