Viewing 106 reply threads
  • Author

toad32r
      Spectator

Time to make an official announcement. 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Cool! 8)

mr.benway
      Spectator

Cool, indeed! 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

awesome!

She’s a lucky gal getting proposed to in a beautiful place like that-good choice ;)

Best wishes!

blueczarina
      Spectator

some pumpkins
      Spectator

congratulations to arthur and shannen!

amnesia
      Spectator

congratulations!!!! :)

Oh wow. Proficiat!

oh, congratulations! :D that looks like a beautiful place! is the wedding going to take place there too?

and very cool wedding date! it will be easy to remember your anniversaries :P

which pumpkins song are you going to have played?

Arthur
      Spectator

oh, congratulations! :D that looks like a beautiful place! is the wedding going to take place there too?

and very cool wedding date! it will be easy to remember your anniversaries :P

which pumpkins song are you going to have played?[/quote:3v2zma0m]
      The wedding will be in the Municipal Office of The Hague (city where we live), not in the Keukenhof I’m afraid. :wink:

And yeah, it’s an awesome date indeed, since 9 is a Chinese lucky number also, meaning eternity…

I’m risking a spank from Shannen now, as she wanted to surprise everybody with our song choices, but I guess nobody here will attend the wedding ceremony anyway, so why not telling here already… These 2 songs we choose so far, and we didn’t change our minds till now, so I guess they will be played:

Entering the ceremony (Within Temptation – Our Solemn Hour)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSS3pW_GLw[/youtube]

Signing the papers etc. (no introduction needed… :wink: )

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQSxwzOngMU[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

excellent choices although you must be planning a very dramatic entrance and rightfully so for your wedding. :wink: and Tonight, Tonight is a perfect pumpkin choice of course. 8)

and i decided to check out Without Temptation the other day- awesome band. 8) i downloaded four albums. and that same woman sings the Armin Van Buuren track In and Out of Love.

Tion
      Spectator

congratulations, arthur. iam happy for you!

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks guys! :D

Our wedding card…

Anonymous
      Spectator

I like it!!
      did Shannen make these?

blueczarina
      Spectator

they are pretty :)

amnesia
      Spectator

Those are very pretty indeed. :)

Im so happy for you guys! :D

Arthur
      Spectator

I like it!!
      did Shannen make these?[/quote:3dr8jlu7]
      Shannen wanted to make them first, but when a friend of her offered to do it, we kindly took that offer. So we got 5 of those beautiful handmade cards, for the witnesses and the Master Of Ceremony. Also she made a little, but absolutely stunning, guestbook in the same style. It all looks very cool indeed… :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

how sweet of your friend to do that for you both. Got to love friends and the gift they provide (not wedding gifts, their friendship ;) )!! Neat a guest book too. I am so excited for you both :D
      Are you guys writing your own vows too?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Congratulations, Arthur and Shannen, two Siamese Twins… Each of whom shall someday own a PC keyboard each! To great times: KER-LINK. :=)

Marcella
      Spectator

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I’m so so so glad to read this!

PS:

Whoa, 999? 666! 69?

Arthur
      Spectator

PS:

Whoa, 999? 666! 69?[/quote:2g0lddz2]
      999 is 3 Chinese lucky numbers in a row, 666 is the number of the biblical beast, and 69 is a pleasant sexual position. And? :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Are you guys writing your own vows too?[/quote:24zbx3au]
      No, that is not very common to do in NL actually, so it didn’t slip our minds so far… The ceremony will go like this: a host will receive the few guests and bring them to their chairs. Then the music starts (first song) and Shannen and me enter the room and walk to our chairs and sit down. Meanwhile the guests are applauding maybe, I don’t know. In our case, we get married in the Eastern style 1001 Nights room, so the chair of the couple will be with canopies and all… should be very romantic, I guess. Then the wedding official will do a speech in English and Dutch, then Shannen and me exchange our wedding rings, then sign the official wedding papers with the witnesses (meanwhile song 2, the Smashing Pumpkins, will be played! 8) ), and then after a few additional words from the wedding official the whole thing will be over… in just 20 minutes I guess?

This is a pic of the room where we go after the ceremony, where we will shake hands with the guests:

Arthur
      Spectator

excellent choices although you must be planning a very dramatic entrance and rightfully so for your wedding. :wink: and Tonight, Tonight is a perfect pumpkin choice of course. 8)

and i decided to check out Without Temptation the other day- awesome band. 8) i downloaded four albums. and that same woman sings the Armin Van Buuren track In and Out of Love.[/quote:21g1we3l]
      Dramatic? Dramatic you say? We will ROCK the joint through the roof! :lol:

But yeah, Sharon den Adel is quite the singer indeed. Within Temptation is Shannens’ favourite band, and I like that band too of course, otherwise I wouldn’t want them on our wedding… :wink: So we had no issues picking the 2 songs for the ceremony, as Shannen came up with the Smashing Pumpkins song, and I came up with the song of Within Temptation, and we both did not protest at all to each others’ choices… :wink:

_

Marcella
      Spectator

Yummy, what will you eat? :D

Arthur
      Spectator

Yummy, what will you eat? :D[/quote:3fuya0up]
      The restaurant calls it the PUUR! Menu.

It contains of 4 starters:

-Soup of sweetbreads with wild boar salami and chicory
      -Fried clams with pimento despelette and cress
      -Vitello tonnato
      -Tartar of beef with potato salad and lukewarm mustard gravy

Then, at choice, the main dish:

-Turbot with fried spinach, homemade fries and beurre noisette
      Or
      -Fried Charolais beef loin with braised legs, mashed peas, fried mushrooms and celeriac fondant served with a gravy

Dessert:

-Banana Cake served with coconut ice cream & a cool sauce

Finally, a surpise course:
      -That’s a surprise, of course! :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

mmm, banana cake. sounds tasty.

and that’s a cool room you will be getting married in. :)

so are all dutch weddings kind of like that process wise?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

im such dork.

arthur, i know who the manufacturer is of those chandeliers that are hanging in your reception room. if they’re the glass ones, they’re by \"archeo vencie\" (pronounced ar – chee – o – vee – nee – che’) if they’re the silk ones, they’re by \"fortuny\". both made in italy. they’re absoultely beautiful in person. and ridiculuosly expensive! we have one in the showroom. although ours is a single tier, unlike the 3 tier ones shown in the picture.

and banana cake sounds really good right now!

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i want banana cake right now.

and what kind of place do you work in Brandon? is it some interior design place? and i didn’t know Fortuny made lights. i tend to think more of the gown he designed. :wink:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i work at a chandelier showroom.

and i didnt know fortuny made gowns! i only knew he/she/they were known for their silk chandeliers.

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha, i guess we both learned something new then. :wink: it was back in the day though mainly. Mariano Fortuny, the company’s namesake, designed the delphos tea dress. its a grecian inspired dress with this silk satin pleated fabric. he designed other pieces, but they all kind of had a Mediterranean/ grecian feel to them and this particular fabric for the most part.

Arthur
      Spectator

Funny that you receognized the style… Based on your info I looked up those artists/firms and here they are. Very interesting, thanks Brandon! (and see, Smashing Pumpkins fans ARE normal people after all, they do have jobs, and sometimes they even work in chandelier shops… :wink: )

http://www.fortuny.com/Home.html

http://www.archeovenicedesign.com/

some pumpkins
      Spectator

thanks for the history lesson blue. those chandeliers are a tough sell! who’s got like $4000 – $6000 to spend on a chandelier? the rich people who have an ocean view do!

blueczarina
      Spectator

no problem. i love fashion and design. i live for that stuff. and its interesting to know he made light fixtures too.

and yeah, you would have to be loaded to own one of those. they are pretty though.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

really pretty, but very gaudy. i’m more into transitional stuff like this…

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s pretty too. its kind of deco-ish.

Marcella
      Spectator

That’s really cool up there.

Chandelier showroom, that sounds like a nice place to be in. Very….showy.

And I crave the coconut ice cream so bad, after several days of schorching hot weather. It’s finally raining, though. We’re barely touching 25 celsius and I’m cold! Wonderful.

When the day of the wedding comes, I’ll be thinking about you guys and giggling to myself.

Tion
      Spectator

oh wow, the room looks stylish.
      do you have children or/ and wanna have more pumpkids?
      cause soon its wedding night, sir :P

Arthur
      Spectator

No children yet, we are still practising from the book how to have children, and after the wedding we might try some of the examples shown in the book. Seems like fun… Besides, we are still very young to have kids… :wink:

Oh, happy birthday, Shannen! Muah!

Anonymous
      Spectator

yeah you are too young to have children how would that work :lol:

if ya like I’ll pay you to take mine on ROFL (just kidding)

8 more days :P

OMG ONE MORE WEEK! :o :shock: :P

dancing bananas!!!

amnesia
      Spectator

:lol: :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

dancing bananas!!!

[/quote:q3qwqu94]
      I feel like that purple banana in the middle, man! what an emotional rollercoaster, this wedding shit… :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Finally I’m back online and have the use of an Enter key too (don’t ask).

Arthur and Shannen, congratulations and may many infinite great times ensue! :) 8)

Small gift digitally (hope you don’t already have this), I forgot your mailing address after our romance fizzled out:

All the very best to you two, don’t forget to cry and everything like big babies. :wink: :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mrvl8j

blueczarina
      Spectator

OMG ONE MORE WEEK! :o :shock: :P

dancing bananas!!!

[/quote:21jroefu]

OMG! they are back :lol: and so is Dazey! :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

So cool to read this!!!
      I’m happy for you! :D

Arthur
      Spectator

Small gift digitally (hope you don’t already have this), I forgot your mailing address after our romance fizzled out:[/quote:1rfi89rv]
      No, this is actually a VERY nice surprise, I have been looking for this (not very intense though) but I had never run into it so far. The full audio of Glass And The Machines Of God in FLAC format… wow! :shock:

It’s very cool to listen to all that Machina II tunes coming back in these Glass soundscapes! 8)

Dazey Romance switched to ON mode, mailing address provided again by pigeon courier… :lol:

hey dazey! welcome back!

it’s getting close arthur! i’m excited for you two! :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

it is getting close. in 6 days you will be Mr. and Mrs. SPfreaks. :P

Arthur
      Spectator

so are all dutch weddings kind of like that process wise?[/quote:23aavmxs]
      Yeah I guess so, I’m not that experienced with getting married. This is my first time, and hopefully only time too. :wink:

One can also get married in a church, but we are not really religious, so we skip that.

it is getting close. in 6 days you will be Mr. and Mrs. SPfreaks. :P[/quote:23aavmxs]
      :lol: :lol: :lol:

And thanks last_rose, and believe me, in my head it jumps up and down all the time. Nervous, excited, but firm to go all the way. Over the years that I know Shannen, I have grown to be very attached to her. She is quite something, you know… 8)

On a not-so-sidenote, I was just looking at some pics of the day in April that I proposed her by surprise, and this one is taken on the actual spot, just after the proposal… And look, who was with us! :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

:shock: Billy was stalking you two :lol:

good choice in my opinion with skipping the church thing ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

yes, and good choice in shirt 8)

Tion
      Spectator

you both look very relaxed and happy.
      love must be something beautiful, i guess.

9/9/9?

THAT’S TOMORROW!

/slow

Nice one, Arthur :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

tomorrow is the big day
      good luck you two!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

yes, have fun you two. :)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

happy wedding day guys!

160 more minutes… :o

van harte gefeliciteerd, allebei. ik ben erg blij voor jullie. maak er een mooie dag van. :)

Tion
      Spectator

Congratulations Shannen & Arthur!
      Die Allerherzlichsten Glückwünsche von mir.

Marcella
      Spectator

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Anonymous
      Spectator

Happy Wedding day..
      you are now married
      Honeymoon it up tonight ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

<a href="http://www.hotglitters.net/:2fncw5q7][/url:2fncw5q7″>

Danni
      Spectator

Happy marriage Artie!

Hope everything is wonderful today. :P

Pipoka
      Spectator

Congratulations!!!!

Have a happy happy day! :)

amnesia
      Spectator

congratulations Arthur and Shannen :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

*awaiting pictures*

blueczarina
      Spectator

yes ^^ i want to see the dress. :P

Arthur
      Spectator

*awaiting pictures*[/quote:ovlw1vmz]
      Coming, coming… we couldn’t take them ourselves, so a few other people took them. We are waiting for them to send us the downloadlinks! The official photographer made between 500 and 600 pictures! Wow! :lol:

Little update already: it was an awesome day, in all it’s spectacular intimicy. Some things of course went wrong (our preferred wedding car had a window smashed 2 days before the wedding, thank you Dutch hooligans!, the wedding official made some tiny mistakes in her speech (as if we cared, not…) and they almost played the same song twice… and my ego, stubborn father didn’t show up as expected. Unlucky him :P ). But the whole day was big fun and very special. Looking at my girlfriend Shannen (can I say now: my wife Shannen? Guess so! :wink: ) and saying YES to her was very cool. I wasn’t as nervous as I thought beforehand, and the ceremony was over before you know it. Then the photoshoot afterwards took ages, but was fun also. I looked forward to the dinner in the Henricus restaurant, and that was a smasher indeed. We all enjoyed our food! And we were with 6 only, which makes it more fun for us. Tell more when the pics are there OK?

Anonymous
      Spectator

wow sounds nice…can hardly wait to see the pics!
      and no wedding ever goes as planned…it’s just the way it is :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

sounds like a great time… i can’t wait to see pics either :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Oh I forgot a funny little detail, which would have come up with the pics anyway I’m sure, but I can’t hold it back now… When we left the wedding ceremony, and got back to our cars, there was a TV/Internet reporter standing there. She wanted to interview us about getting married on this special date 09-09-09, so we agreed on a little interview… It might be online on the TV West website tomorrow, she said! 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s really neat. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

The first batch of pics was just emailed to me, here are a few I quickly picked…

Photo shoots take AGES! :lol:

(By the way, the girl taking pics is Ayu, the witness of Shannen.
      And the guy in the background is RedWolf himself, my brother, the builder of SPfreaks.com, and my witness. 8) )

In front of the town hall, just before the ceremony started

My beautiful wife, in the restaurant :oops:

Tion
      Spectator

im happy for you!
      :D

Tion
      Spectator

ha, you posted the fotos quick :shock:
      wow, your WIFE looks beautiful, arthur.
      and you are looking elegant.

again, concratulations!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

wow, shannen is looking hott!

and so are you! good job!

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, you look so pretty Shannen. i love your dress. its cute and Summery. and you both look very elegant.

Anonymous
      Spectator

OH WOW Shannen is absolutely gorgeous!! Arthur you look happy :D
      nice pics..we want some more

amnesia
      Spectator

Awesome pictures!
      You guys look really gorgeous indeed, im so in love with Shannens dress. :)
      You look hott in a smoking, Arthur. :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

You both look beautiful and elegant! Shannen hits 10 points from head to toe. the hair looks amazing, the dress is so pretty and elegant! You look great too Arthur!
      :D

Marcella
      Spectator

Shannen looks STUNNING, the dress looks beautiful on her. And oh, you looks so radiant and happy, Arthur! Once again, congratulations! :D :D :D

congrats Arthur and Shannen! you both look amazing! :D

Danni
      Spectator

Yeah, what has and hasn’t been said?

You look like a terriffic couple, guys. May it last forever :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Thank you guys, thank you, thank you! Wow! :oops:

In the meantime, we made it to the TV West internet documentary! :P

http://www.westonline.nl/nieuwsitem/34340 (click on Waarom 09-09-09 TV symbol)

or go straight to the little movie:

http://www.westonline.nl/video/nieuws/4006

yay! :D

Arthur
      Spectator

And we are on YouTube!

(OK, I did it myself, but hey, we want our split second of internet fame also sometimes, you know…) :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8mMdGGCWWY[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s really neat. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah, I said something about 9 being a Chinese lucky number for eternity, and how we were lucky that another couple cancelled their wedding so we could jump in on 09-09-09. Also I mentioned that when the wedding department called me, and said that this date was fully booked already, I replied with some silliness about \"you can just shove us into the toilet, and marry us there, if you like…\" :lol:

And here are already a few teasers from Ayu her pics… :shock: 8) :shock:

__

some pumpkins
      Spectator

you guys make such a beautiful couple. i hardly know you guys but i truly wish the best for you both.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I love the shoe picture! The picture of you 2 is a good one. You both look great!! I am really happy for you both :D

Danni
      Spectator

And Arthur, you resemble of Billy Corgan in the thirty-three video.

Great video, congratulations really! Thumbs up.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Wow I’ve been absent from here for too long.
      Sorry for being late with the congrats, but : Congratulations!
      I can’t really add to whats been said already, so I’ll just echo it and say
      you both really did look stunning.
      Wish you both all the best in your new life as a married couple :)

Tion
      Spectator

And Arthur, you resemble of Billy Corgan in the thirty-three video.

Great video, congratulations really! Thumbs up.[/quote:120qqpso]

i thought the same!
      without classes you would look like billy on 33.
      :shock:

great pictures! the shoe pic is very artistic :)

Arthur
      Spectator

We just received the last batch of wedding pics. Rock on! 8) :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

amnesia
      Spectator

We just received the last batch of wedding pics. Rock on! 8) :lol:

[/quote:36p714sr]

I love this picture. 8) Rock on. :lol:

heehee that’s awesome! :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

This is the best picture ever!!!
      my favorite :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha, that is the best pic. :D very kick ass 8)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

rock on indeed.

Anonymous
      Spectator

So…has anything changed now that you have tied the knot so to speak? :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Hehehe, no, not really… Should something change then? :wink:

But we did get another surprise from our boss, last Friday we had a little party in office for the colleagues, and our boss offered us a night in a Starwood hotel called Hotel Des Indes. We spend there the night from Friday to Saturday, and we were allowed to stay the Saturday also, oh boy oh boy… :shock:

In this very same hotel President Eisenhower, Winston Churchill, The Spice Girls, you name it, stayed also… The bed was awesome, we had a Continental and American Breakfast on bed, champagne, we did a beauty treatment, Shannen added a pedicure to it, and we finished it all with a 4 course English High Tea… 8)

Here’s a compilation of pics:

Anonymous
      Spectator

^ Phew, very nice. :)

Now we know where the name King Arthur came from!

blueczarina
      Spectator

whoa, fancy! and your boss must really love you. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

wow…that looks like a very nice place. Lucky kids ;)

looks like a beautiful hotel! :)

toad32r
      Spectator

I haven’t been around 4 awhile, so congrats to u, i wish u and your wife nothing but great things my friend.

Viewing 106 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.