Keymaster

Not since high school. :(

Anonymous
      Spectator

I read a book on past lives
      now I am on to God, Creation, And Tools For Life

blueczarina
      Spectator

i was reading some Solzhenitsyn over break, but i’m too tired and burnt out from school. :( last semester just about killed me. :roll:

i’ve been reading the Twilight series, i’m about to start the 4th book. they are very good :)

amnesia
      Spectator

Im a Dean Koontz fan, really only read his books and nobody else.

blueczarina
      Spectator

nobody else? :P

i prefer classic Russian and British lit :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

I have just started in a big book from a Belgium writer called Hugo Claus: Het verdriet van Belgie (The sadness of Belgium). Tough one to start with as it jumps from here to there and back again with silly u-turns without too much clues, but it’s getting better slowly by slowly. In fact it’s funny to realize that in real life it goes the same when you jump into a new situation and have to learn the people…

currently reading: Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson.

Next in line is probably Jessica by Bryce Courtenay or the new Clive Cussler…or more of my short stories…or a book on India…. or or or…so many choices!

Marcella
      Spectator

Exotic :0. I recently read a book by Dostoyevski, The Gambler. It was quite good. I’m a huge Stephen King fan, mostly. My goal is to read all the books he’s written, but it seems impossible with the man always taking out new stuff! My most recent read by King has been a classic, ‘Salem’s Lot, and what can I say, awesomely creepy =).

blueczarina
      Spectator

nice! Dostoevsky is my favorite author. :wink: i love Russia!

Marcella
      Spectator

I want to read more by him : D. I remember reading other Russian novel but I don’t remember its name or its author T___________T. It was about a traveler and a princess and it was so nice.

blueczarina
      Spectator

if you can tell me more of the plot i might be able to tell you. :wink: was it earlier- like 19th century- or later? and was it like a fairytale of sorts? :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Oops
      I posted this in the wrong thread? The Gambler is a book? What’s is that about? Any Good? I like the song especially the Billy version from the 20th anniversary tour

blueczarina
      Spectator

Marcella– I’m also currently reading King’s newest collection of short stories! Hubby got it for me for Xmas….

Also reading Best American Short Stories-2008

Pipoka
      Spectator

I finished reading Salman Rushdie, a British Indian novelist, \"The Ground Beneath Her Feet\" and now i’m reading \"Captains of the Sands\" by Jorge Amado (a brazilian writer).

Marcella
      Spectator

if you can tell me more of the plot i might be able to tell you. :wink: was it earlier- like 19th century- or later? and was it like a fairytale of sorts? :wink:[/quote:3q2spncp]

It was like earlier than 19th century…and it was more of a war tale, apparently the main guy came from a war and arrived to this castle were he meets the princess and her family and he wants to marry the princess…the father was some sort of war general, I think he was his general actually. I’m mixing all the plot XDD.

And that is so cool RTC D=! I want it! Is it good?

Marcella- I’m only one the 2nd story **blushes**, but so far they’re good.

Pip- the Best American Short Stories book I’m reading was edited by Salman Rushdie. Small world, eh?

So many books, so little time. This is the thread for me!

Pipoka
      Spectator

Marcella- I’m only one the 2nd story **blushes**, but so far they’re good.

Pip- the Best American Short Stories book I’m reading was edited by Salman Rushdie. Small world, eh?

So many books, so little time. This is the thread for me![/quote:1x8gkrth]

I saw that at wikipedia! :)

i just got done reading the wicked series, they are good, i am now waiting for the 5th book. and i started on another series, farie wars, it is pretty good. and i am wating to get the new dean koontz book, and read a couple of his older ones. i really like him alot too mayo, i want to read the new odd thomas book, but haven’t gotten a chance to.

Marcella
      Spectator

Have you guys read some of the older stuff? I am a great fan of Jules Verne’s stories. It impresses me how ahead of his time he was. I also recently enjoyed Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, not to mention The Little Prince is one of my favorite books ever =).

a really good book i read once is The Time Traveler’s Wife… and i didn’t know they are making a movie of it! that’s cool :)

older books???????????? ummmmmmmm, i liked the movie pride and prejidice, and emma, i don’t really read any older books.

i heard that the time travlers wife was really good. i wanted to read it.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Have you guys read some of the older stuff? I am a great fan of Jules Verne’s stories. It impresses me how ahead of his time he was. I also recently enjoyed Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, not to mention The Little Prince is one of my favorite books ever =).[/quote:t9lyfzp7]

that’s pretty all i read. i actually read next to no modern lit just early stuff usually 19th century.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I just found out my mom has a book called Hidden Way Across the Threshold: A Guidance of the Unseen Hand…and inside the book it said in handwriting, do not destroy out of print give it to
      ..some one’s name she can’t make out…it’s very old..
      I can’t wait to read this and see it

Viewing 26 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.