Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I’m a Cult Hero
      Spectator

it looks like itunes claims another victim.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/WireStor … 356&page=1

it sucks big time, but someday our precious CDs and physical releases will be no more. :( it will all be fucking itunes.

Danni
      Spectator

Yes, and this is only the beginning. :? I picked up the Verve‘s Forth lp/cd/dvd box and Radiohead‘s OK Computer last year when visiting the Virgin Megastore on Manhattan, NY, for a cheap price when the dollar was at it’s lowest.

amnesia
      Spectator

Welcome to the future guys. :(

yeah, i heard about this on the radio this morning. billy is going in the right direction with not realeasing albums anymore.
      and the other day on the radio, dj dude was telling about sp not reaeasing anymore albums and was talking like billy was crazy for it. i actually called the radio station and asked him if they even have any of the new songs like glow or fol and he said, yes we have them but we don’t play them, understand? i was like ok, whatever that means :roll:

but here is evidence, the times are changing and sp is trying to stay ahead of the game.

Meh. Virgin Megastores was sold and renamed ‘Zavvi’ in the UK a while ago. Besides, HMV was/is generally better and you can just buy ’em off amazon even cheaper anyway.

Anonymous
      Spectator

definitely a sign that times are changing. Just as long as SP incorporates art along with their music :)
      I love to look at it!
      Rose your radio station bites ass, mine are ass wipes like that too!
      I would like more than the 1 song we have so far this year :P

yep they can be asses sometimes.

i’m with you, as long as they still include some artwork to download with songs that would be cool.

i’m with you, as long as they still include some artwork to download with songs that would be cool.[/quote:3r0v8j1w]

Hi-res .pdf booklets though. Like NIN do these days.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i would prefer an actual CD, but i will take what i can get. :(

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Virgin has been gone for aaaages here.
      They were bought up by Zavvi, which has also since gone bust.
      I’ve also noticed that most remaining music stores are changing to focus on DVD’s, Games and Blu-Ray.
      There is a pitiful CD selection in most stores. :(

[edit]Just noticed someone already mentioned Zavvi, since they went bust a lot of Zavvi stores (formerly Virgin stores) have now been bought by HMV.
      My fave store here is still Tower Records though, theres only 1 in the entire country (to my knowledge) and it seems totally immune to whats happening, it still has a huge cd selection.

Viewing 9 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.