Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

A friend of mine heard Lily and asked me to recommend her more Smashing Pumpkins songs because she’s considering becoming a fan.

I want to make a list of songs that would hook someone and want to give her a good impression, but I need some help. Which songs would you recommend a new fan?

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Hmm, it’s always a tough one, but if it was Lily that made them curious, perhaps starting with the quieter songs (particularly from MCIS) would be a good idea?

yes, mcis would be a great start. anything but take me down.

amnesia
      Spectator

Let her listen to Adore.She will love it for sure :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

And the obvious hits and slammers wouldn’t harm too I guess.

1979, Tonight, Tonight, Disarm… and then slowly adding 1 rocker to it somewhere down the line: Bullet With Butterfly Wings, I Am One or Rocket…

just give her one or more albums. why select only a couple of songs to make the best impression, if you can show the band how they really are? she’ll find out after a while anyway.

Marcella
      Spectator

Yeah, I think I’m going to lend her MCIS and some Siamese Dream hits. Siamese never fails 8). Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Arthur
      Spectator

just give her one or more albums. why select only a couple of songs to make the best impression, if you can show the band how they really are? she’ll find out after a while anyway.[/quote:1kid8cr4]
      Disagree. You don’t learn a little child to swim by throwing it in the Atlantic Ocean with windforce 11 too. :wink:

Disagree. You don’t learn a little child to swim by throwing it in the Atlantic Ocean with windforce 11 too. :wink:[/quote:xlt90ks8]

Babies are naturally good at swimming, just so you know.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Well i would start with MCIS and SD then go from there. Maybe Zeitgeist or AG-just to get some versatility
      2 albums at a time wouldn’t be bad..Untitled is a good song too!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Give her Pisces.

blueczarina
      Spectator

hell, why not go crazy and give her everything. afterall it all pretty much kicks ass. :wink: :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

hell, why not go crazy and give her everything. afterall it all pretty much kicks ass. :wink: :lol:[/quote:9e2suxw5]

:D Hell yeah…when you read them all it sounds so great!! We love our Pumpkins :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

We love our Pumpkins :)[/quote:1ahqsdkm]

heck yeah we do :D

Viewing 13 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.