Viewing 134 reply threads
  • Author

blueczarina
      Spectator

Looks like we are going to try a white tree this year. :wink:

See a picture here:

http://www.kunstkerstbomen.nl/product/image/252

What are you going to do with Xmas this year?

blueczarina
      Spectator

that could be a cool tree Arthur if decorated right. i saw a really cute black one the other day.

my family doesn’t do the whole big Christmas thing exactly so i don’t know what we are doing.

Pipoka
      Spectator

i saw a really cute black one the other day. [/quote:d32cndxw]

me too! and i was surprised, i didn’t know that exists !

blueczarina
      Spectator

i saw a really cute black one the other day. [/quote:8x8z97vj]

me too! and i was surprised, i didn’t know that exists ![/quote:8x8z97vj]

i thought the same thing! you don’t see those really. maybe its something new?

i might get it. it was little and cute.

Staying home, sans family for the first time ever. Twill be a new experience.

SNC
      Spectator

I’m really looking forward to Christmas this year. My daughter’s 4 so needless to say her excitement will be through the roof and I can’t wait to experience that with her :)

I hate Christmas. :D

Tion
      Spectator

i love christmas.
      but only when it snows.
      (that never happend before )

:?

Pipoka
      Spectator

I hate Christmas. :D[/quote:2f7z13ck]

can i ask why?

blueczarina
      Spectator

I hate Christmas. :D[/quote:1kcjx0at]

Halloween and now Christmas… :wink:

i would like to know if there is any holiday you like Ice Cream. :?: :wink:

I like holidays that give me a day off work, but that don’t involve anything else. Halloween and christmas are shoved down everyone’s throat, even the people who aren’t interested.

I for one don’t understand how a four year old could be excited about christmas. What exactly is she excited about? Just presents, or is there more?

SNC
      Spectator

She’s excited about the idea of putting up the tree and the lights, the snow, her grandparents coming to town, seeing santa at the mall. All that stuff. You have to remember, for them, it’s a pretty magical time.

Pipoka
      Spectator

She’s excited about the idea of putting up the tree and the lights, the snow, her grandparents coming to town, seeing santa at the mall. All that stuff. You have to remember, for them, it’s a pretty magical time.[/quote:3mb3lngf]

for me and my sister it was really a good time because us and our parents spent time togther preparing everything, and to be with our dad doing stuff was kind of rare :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yeah, man.

It’s about getting together with the inlaws and outlaws, and arguing over stupid shit. Spending ridiculous amounts of money on stupid toys for your children (to be broken or ignored in 1-2 months), driving on icy roads in the dark, stringing lights up on precariously placed ladders in 30 degree weather, while footing the increase in your energy bill. Going into more debt, so your children smile just a little bit more, crying at New Years when you realize how old you are, and then going back to work! It’s awesome! Get in the spirit!!!!

All jokes aside, imagine the snow falling on some pine trees decorated with pretty white lights, holding your two year old daughters hand. You look down as the snow falls around her angelic face, full of wonderment. And all the above seems like a fleeting memory.

blueczarina
      Spectator

I like holidays that give me a day off work, but that don’t involve anything else. Halloween and christmas are shoved down everyone’s throat, even the people who aren’t interested.

I for one don’t understand how a four year old could be excited about christmas. What exactly is she excited about? Just presents, or is there more?[/quote:v6o0dnhi]

i see your point. i like a holiday that takes me from work too and i’m actually not that big on holidays myself- i’m just harassing you some. :wink: i like Halloween because i’m a bit morbid :twisted: and i like the stuff i can get in the stores- ghosts, pumpkins, vampires, and other stuff. i actually don’t care that much about Christmas and Thanksgiving though. and growing up i really didn’t care so much about the decorating and the family time as much as the getting stuff if i’m being honest. and really if you think about holidays anymore are just about stores emptying your pockets. they show you a picture of good will and cheer and happy family time- you get sucked in and try to replicate it by buying crap- the retail executives skip off to the bank.

my family doesn’t exactly do the whole holiday thing though. sure we got presents, but we never made a big production out of it with the decorating and the family crap. we don’t do "family time" anyway though, so my little brother and me pretty much grew up not giving a fuck about all of that. in fact we are pretty opposed to family activities. we just like to go off and do our own thing- always did.

and i suppose that’s why i’m not big on holidays. my family is a little weird and fucked up. :wink: plus i can be pretty ornery and cynical about things.

Anonymous
      Spectator

well now that I am old..lol..I can;t stand the spending part of the holidays, bit overall it can bring out the best in people and the worst in people -kinda like politics
      as far as decorations my boys don’t really care about that stuff, bit I put up a few lights because we get snow and it’s all pretty and shit. Now my grandmother is psycho when she does her home
      white tree has to be perfect and mega light display. Always one of the xmas tour homes near Seattle. I love it, but would never do it myself or pay the horrendous bill that follows…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

what about a black tree, tim burton style?

hmmm, maybe when i move out and my children come over to celebrate.

\"what the fuck, dad?\"

\"it’s christmas. just black. enjoy, i love you!\"

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha :lol: are you trying to scare them manilla :wink:

i guess if you wanted to though you could put up one of these

blueczarina
      Spectator

and speaking of scary- who is the guy in your new pic? :wink: is it another movie?

Shannen
      Spectator

I had a white christmas when I lived in UK but I don’t think we going to have a white christmas in Netherlands.

And I’m waiting for my secret Santa to put my gift under the white christmas tree :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m not sure what the weather is going to be here. usually Montana would have snow by now, but its back to being warm again. its weird. we had a big burst of snow. then it was gone and now its back to summer/fall weather.

i kind of wish it was cold. i like the winter better than summer.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

and speaking of scary- who is the guy in your new pic? :wink: is it another movie?[/quote:3sn12ea1]

Yup, from a movie. That is Travis Bickle. ;)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[/quote:1mi0853w]

That’s PERFECT! Gotta find me one…

Anonymous
      Spectator

[/quote:36fcy87q]

That’s PERFECT! Gotta find me one…[/quote:36fcy87q]
      haha
      that’s a Charlie Black style
      I couldn’t say Charlie Brown-his still had happiness too it.. :lol:

i don’t know if i will try to put up a tree this year… our kitties will probably knock it down! lol the 2 older cats have gotten to where they are settled down a bit, and now we have the 2 youngsters and i am sure they would be all over a Christmas tree! :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

[/quote:alc5e7vd]

That’s PERFECT! Gotta find me one…[/quote:alc5e7vd]

you should totally do it and take pics :lol:

and maybe you could nail the tree stand to the floor Rose. then your kitties couldn’t knock it over. it would leave holes, but its win some, lose some. :lol: :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

To D’Arcy, Auf der Maur and Paz Lenchantin:

Santa comes but once a year
      to fill your Christmas stocking
      with nuts and fruit and other treats
      you’d much prefer a cockin’.

:D

amnesia
      Spectator

Dazey :D

yeah blue, there’s an idea :lol: and i could glue the ornaments on the tree so they can’t pull them off lol.

i remember one year i came home from work and my cat Cleo was sleeping IN the tree! she was about halfway up, just curled up on the branches :lol: i wish i would have taken a picture

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s so funny Rose :lol: and yes, you should have got a picture

and Dazey…. :lol: :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

hahaha that is funny Rose..I totally know how that is. My cats did the same thing and knocked it over a couple of times during the holiday season for a couple of years while they were young…that sucked I had to totally redecorate the tree

Anonymous
      Spectator

Oh and Dazey you sure have quite the holiday poem going there :lol:

yeah, i had to learn the hard way NEVER put glass ornaments on the tree! lol

amnesia
      Spectator

Nothing beats xmas eve together with the whole famile, i just love it.The food is yummy as well. :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

this is so freakin cute! :D

i ended up putting up a little bitty tree, about a foot tall. it’s on the mantel so my naughty kitties can not mess with it. i figured that was better then not having a tree up at all :lol:

and today i went to Target and found a little set of LED lights that are battery operated, they are cute and the perfect size for the little tree :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

that sounds like a kitty-tastic idea

Arthur
      Spectator

We have our white Xmas tree set up now. I’ll try to make pics tonight. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

I did make pics, but I forgot to upload them. :P So here it is, our Xmas tree! White! :lol:

Pipoka
      Spectator

I love the billy pic on the wall ;)

and the tree ! :lol:

it’s very cool

blueczarina
      Spectator

very nice! and lovely Billy pics :lol:

nice drawer.

blueczarina
      Spectator

is it full of pumpkin CDs? :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

did you wrap those ornaments or did you buy them? Looks like mini cd cases wrapped on the tree

oh yeah… here’s our little tree :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

very cute and very tiny :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

So cute !

I will post a pic of mine too :)

Arthur
      Spectator

is it full of pumpkin CDs? :wink:[/quote:2qwpwez4]
      Yes it is actually. And Smashing Pumpkins DVDs too. That’s why Billy is guarding it on top, covered in Tibetan shawls. :wink:

Pipoka
      Spectator

is it full of pumpkin CDs? :wink:[/quote:3fif9idm]
      Yes it is actually. And Smashing Pumpkins DVDs too. That’s why Billy is guarding it on top, covered in Tibetan shawls. :wink:[/quote:3fif9idm]

so cool ! i thought that were christmas ornaments too, to match the tree :)
      But tibetan shawls… that is really cool ! :)

Arthur
      Spectator

did you wrap those ornaments or did you buy them? Looks like mini cd cases wrapped on the tree[/quote:1p67e432]
      Buy. We have them in blue and pink. Since quite a lot has changed the last few days, I will shoot a new pic soon. My girlfriend is quite an artist, we now have several (real!) presents under the tree, a string of snowmen lights on the window on the back of the tree, and some more ornaments too… And the rest of the living has been decorated too!

Pipoka, where is your tree then? Show off time here! :lol:

That little tree of last_rose_of_summer is so adorable, look at that star on top! Cool!

thanks! I like your tree too Arthur, very pretty. and I like your pumpkins pics on the wall :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

Here is my tacky Christmas Tree ! :D
      I call it tacky because the fashion Christmas Trees have 3 or 4 colours that match, and my has a lot of colours and different kinds of ornaments. Some of them are really really old and that’s why i love them. They all have stories to tell :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s cute Pip :) i like how the little Santa is climbing the tree. he reminds me of a little elf i have. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Here is my tacky Christmas Tree ! :D[/quote:9gaz1c89]
      Tree? Did you actually say "tree"? Where is the tree? I only see ornaments there! :lol:

Kidding, I know what you mean. Because it all has a story, it’s too special to leave in the box. So you want to show it, look at it, admire it, and remember the story… or tell them to visitors, friends, family that visit your place. I have the same with my Asian and European antique stuffs. Nothing special really, but how I found it with a metal detector, how it took me sometimes 4 days to buy it (happened with a Chinese dragon carpet! And a tibetan prayer wheel too! But I had the best tea meanwhile, liters and liters of it, in the shops lol! :wink: ) and anyway, looooots of stories…

OK, who brings in the next tree? So sweet to check them all out! :lol:

Pipoka
      Spectator

:lol: we can see some branches !

but that’s it ! memories and stories that i like to remember every Christmas ! :)

Who’s next?
      :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Let me bring in ours once more, I took a better pic. :wink:

oh cool, it looks neat all lit up :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

very nice :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Here’s mine..I want to take a night picture all a G.L.O.W. like Arthur’s

well for fucks sake it won’t post
      here’s the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29543855@N08/?saved=1

Arthur
      Spectator

well for fucks sake it won’t post[/quote:3ggox6dh]
      Don’t give up that easily… :wink:

Ask for the properties on top of the pic, and it will give you this link for example:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/311 … 61.jpg?v=0

now take away the last part (?v=0) then this is the remaining part:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/311 … 34f761.jpg

Now put that between the

Anonymous
      Spectator

I did that Arthur, and another way and it screwed me. It just apparently wanted you to do it…
      I’ll try with this one

Anonymous
      Spectator

it’s all about the placement of the

Arthur
      Spectator

it’s all about the placement of the [/quote:23wm0pi1]
      yeah, 1 tag before and 1 tag after with the [/]…

blueczarina
      Spectator

excellent trees guys. yours looks cool lit Arthur and yours looks tasty all covered in candy Reggae. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

And you know what is so funny… we all have, no exceptions, starz on top of the tree! :lol:

Just look at the tree of Reggaeluv2000! Man, the tree is almost falling apart with that star! :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

that is a big star :lol: it reminds of a sugar cookie for some reason :wink:

Pipoka
      Spectator

Your tree is very cool too reggae ! I love the candies !

The star is no nice ! :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

thanks guys..we all have lovely trees. I know my star is gigantic..lol, but it looks like an icy star when not lit up, so that’s why I got it. But I have been wanting a different one for about 2 years now and haven’t seen one I like..I’m just glad it stayed up straight, it’s so heavy it likes to tip over (the star that is)
      yes I put yummy candy on my tree..strawberry and blueberry flavored..couldn’t find cherry..

Pipoka
      Spectator

Since i will leave next week and this weekend will be probably busy, here is something i’ve made during the week, to kill some time at night by the fireplace ;)

Merry Christmas and a happy 2009!

blueczarina
      Spectator

thats neat Pip! :)

and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU !

Pipoka
      Spectator

thanks dear blue !
      a merry christmas with the colours of my flag :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Thanks PIPsquad!

blueczarina
      Spectator

thanks dear blue !
      a merry christmas with the colours of my flag :P[/quote:yhzg08ze]

sure enough :lol: i can’t say i did it intentionally though. i was thinking Christmas. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I love it!! It’s lovely

Tion
      Spectator

im offline next week, because im in holidays, so:

merry xmas you all!!
      all the best!
      see you next year! :wink:

<a href="http://www.bilder-space.de/show.php?file=21.12jdvRWXfkrHBlUYu.jpg:206rl3v1][/url:206rl3v1″>

Pipoka
      Spectator

Merry christmas ! ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

Merry Christmas Tion! :)

mr.benway
      Spectator

I wish you all

Frohe Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch ins Jahr 2009.

Mr.Benway

Merry Christmas to you all :D

MERRY SATURNALIA!!!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Happy Kwanza

Pipoka
      Spectator

:D now i’m my language

Feliz Natal !

niteshyft
      Spectator

Gledelig Jul!

blueczarina
      Spectator

С Рождеством Христовым и С наступающим Новым Годом!

Pipoka
      Spectator

С Рождеством Христовым и С наступающим Новым Годом

i swear this isn’t the spambot. :P just a Russian Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from me, czarina, being we are going all international. :wink:[/quote:1hq9q2tg]

so cool ! :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

you missed my snowman :wink: i had to decorate further :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

I wish you all

Frohe Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch ins Jahr 2009.

Mr.Benway[/quote:1ov0zlry]
      For the people that don’t understand German that well, ein guter Rutsch ist ein im deutschsprachigen Raum verbreiteter Silvestergruß und bedeutet, dass der Begrüßte gut in das Neue Jahr kommen, in diesem Falle „rutschen“ möge. So now you understand. :lol:

Hey guys, seriously, all the best wishes from me also!
      May the gods and the devils and the ghosts and especially you be with you! 8)

Pipoka
      Spectator

you missed my snowman :wink: i had to decorate further :wink:[/quote:28rwkj8w]

it’s sweet ! :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

it is cute Pip :wink:

Hey guys, seriously, all the best wishes from me also!
      May the gods and the devils and the ghosts and especially you be with you! 8)[/quote:2qaaix9q]

:lol: :wink:

Pipoka
      Spectator

i think i’ll check that on google translation :D

can’t wait to put my hands on IAGW !!! :twisted:

blueczarina
      Spectator

HAVE A SMASHING CHRISTMAS! :P

amnesia
      Spectator

Haha.Nice one Blue :lol: I hope the drop by and sing a song for me tonight. :P

Merry Christmas to you and your familie SPFreaks, may all your wishes come true this year! :wink:

Glædelig Jul alle sammen. <— this is Merry Christmas everybody on Danish. :D

Arthur
      Spectator

Amazing how manu languages we have here. I forgot Dutch… :oops:

Ik wens iedereen hele fijne kerstdagen en een gezond en liefdevol 2009!

(I wish everybody a merry xmas and a healthy & loving 2009!)

blueczarina
      Spectator

you forgot Dutch :lol: :wink: :P

Arthur
      Spectator

you forgot Dutch :lol: :wink: :P[/quote:lznu6h4y]
      Yeah… and thanks for the personal e-card too blueczarina, I just found it in the mail. Sweet! :D

You know what, I’ll wish merry christmas in my own language too!

Yeah, I’m actually a spam bot. (ba-dum-bum-tsch!)

Anonymous
      Spectator

well I see people for got Hanukkah :lol:
      Anyhoot, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good SP song

merry christmas and feliz navidad

feliz navidad y feliz ano, y’all

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Nollaig Shona!

Woot! Another language to add to the collection
      ;) (Irish for merry christmas).

blueczarina
      Spectator

i think we just about covered it all here. :) we even have a spambot Merry Christmas. :wink:

HEY, REAL MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HOLIDAYS YOU GUYS! HAVE A GOOD ‘UN

blueczarina
      Spectator

:lol:

yes, A REAL MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF SPFREAKS!

a merry christmas to all and to all a good night, (or day) :)

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Have a good one everybody! :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

So I got:

Tropic Thunder DVD
      Curb your Enthusiasm (Season 6) DVD
      Sudoku book
      Candy
      Wireless mouse
      $50
      $30

And my dad got the Scene It Seinfeld game. Cannot wait to play that one!

And I bought myself that Cherub Rock t/p or wlp, Siva AU cassingle, and G.L.O.W. promo.

Plus my meds are awesome. Was up this morning at 5:30, just a waitin’ for everyone to rise. :D

I got:

iPod Classic (120 Gb. Finally. Technically this is a birthday present, my birthday being two months ago)

Nine Inch Nails – The Downward Spiral (Deluxe Edition)

Goodnight, Sleep Well – The Recovery E.P (Self Released, DIY debut. Shit’s awesome. Made out of cardboard, you close it by tying some string together, and the slip that holds the CD in is just a couple of folded up pages from the book Slaughterhouse Five. It also had a sticker and patch in it as well. Also, it’s numbered – I got 90 out of 300!)

Sweeney Todd (DVD)

Chocolate

And £59 in money/vouchers etc.

And I’ve got a bunch of stuff arriving in the post.

Also, something I’ve learned today – iTunes sucks.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Also, something I’ve learned today – iTunes sucks.[/quote:2xokskhs]

YUP.

YUP.[/quote:2w169wlr]

AND YET MY IPOD WON’T DO SHIT WITHOUT IT.

Fuck you Apple. Fuck you.

blueczarina
      Spectator

aww, he has discovered the awful truth. ^^

it does suck :wink: pretty much

i need to get me a bigger ipod though. mine is almost full- mostly thanks to Billy Corgan. :P its just one of those new 16 gig purple nano chromes. i still like it though, but i need a bigger one.

anyway i got money- always like that- and gift cards, including itunes. i usually just ask for money so i can get what i want. then i got candy and various odds and ends. then when it arrives from Hong Kong i will get one of those pricey Takara Neo Blythe dolls. they are these weird dolls with eyes that change color when you pull a cord. i wanted one though because they look cool and i like strange stuff. :wink:

Good:

New kitchen toys
      Books galore
      Slippers
      Amber earrings
      Earrings with Roman glass from 2 B.C.
      A new pea coat
      Australian opal
      $100 gift card to fave restaurant with babysitting!
      Digital pictureframe
      1 yr subscription to Netflix
      Stuff for my wee ‘un
      Tea
      DVDs

Bad:
      Hubby’s parents might be divorcing. :(

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Bad:
      Hubby’s parents might be divorcing. :([/quote:1t3qk3j4]

Sorry to hear that. :(

amnesia
      Spectator

Bad:
      Hubby’s parents might be divorcing. :([/quote:2vrc0vbk]

That is not good, sorry to hear that. :(

I had the worse christmas ever.Ive been depressed most of this month coz i had a huge fight with my parents, i hurted them, they hurted me, so basicly i havent spoken to them much this month.Plan was i had to celebrate christmas at there place, but i did not.I celebrate alone this year, even though my sister and her husband asked me to join them, i said no, i wanted to be alone.So havent recived any presents from my parrents this year (they probo have some for me though).My mom phoned me up the 24 Dec and asked me if i could pls join, i told her NO!! but anyway i got some money from my sister and her husband and some dvds, cds and underwear, make up from freinds.I fucking hated christmas this year.

sorry RTC and Mayo :(

i got:
      $70 cash
      $50 Walmart giftcard
      candy
      pajamas
      socks
      glass tea pot
      Wood Wick candle
      bath stuff
      3-in-one Crockpot

manillascissor
      Keymaster

3-in-one Crockpot[/quote:24wggbcb]

Hilarious. :lol:

yeah, i already had a crockpot, so i was wondering why she got me that, but i do remember saying something about it would be neat to have one of the little bitty ones, so she got this one, it has 3 sizes of inserts that fit in the heating part but they are still big in diameter. but it was a nice gift anyway :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

sorry to hear RTC and Mayo :(
      I got canvases
      80 bucks in gift cards
      60 bucks cash
      kitchen stuff
      2 shirts
      kick ass headphones for my ipod
      chocolate
      bath and body stuff
      no books and I asked for some
      and I got to listen to an annoying discussion about basketball for a few hours, the drunken folks getting louder and louder about it-ugh! It’s like I have to change the mind of what the other is thinking and it sounds like they for real were getting pissed-my mother in-law went to get my nephew and she said no fights while I’m gone-obviously it was getting intense
      And hanging with people who glorify drinking-hard to explain but when you’re in the room observing and they are passing out different shots (big shots at that) and people start getting wasted SUCKS! that was at my in laws house
      next my moms:
      my oldest bro and his girlfriend who is 10 years younger than I (not a big deal, unless you know my brother)was tore up from the floor up, and my husband was being funky ALL day, and I finally just said something about it and he claims it was nothing, that’s bull. I got to discuss music and SP with my nephew. I also let my mom hear SP’s version of Sandoz-and she loved it! The best part was watching my children open their gifts throughout the day and getting to play with their new things with them…and more of that playing today :)
      I learned that some of the adults mean well, but they don’t seem to think outside the box ;)

Anonymous
      Spectator

one more thing:
      I experienced a Christmas miracle, my 8 year old has been so sick with a VERY bad cold, he hasn’t talked much since last Thursday or ate anything ( just some liquids), no fever or anything and he also got the stomach flu as well. He was looking awful (mega dark circles under his eyes :( ) So I prayed the night before he would be better on Christmas and about midway through the day he FINALLY came around to feeling better, he ate and was speaking!! Poor guy, I was thinking if he doesn’t get better he is going in to the hospital on Friday!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

one more thing:
      I experienced a Christmas miracle, my 8 year old has been so sick with a VERY bad cold, he hasn’t talked much since last Thursday or ate anything ( just some liquids), no fever or anything and he also got the stomach flu as well. He was looking awful (mega dark circles under his eyes :( ) So I prayed the night before he would be better on Christmas and about midway through the day he FINALLY came around to feeling better, he ate and was speaking!! Poor guy, I was thinking if he doesn’t get better he is going in to the hospital on Friday![/quote:2e05fdrs]

Awesome. :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m glad your kid began feeling better reggae. :)

and i’m sorry about you guys who had less than grand Christmases. hopefully the new year will bring a change for the better for you guys. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

My girlfriend had quite some presents under the Xmas tree (a big box from her parents & brother and his wife, 2 dvd boxes from her favourite band Within Temptation, a mosaic cutter for her new hobby, some soap thingies) and we kept some incoming post with Smashing Pumpkins & related compilation cds for me as presents. We went to my aunt & uncle and my parents, both in the north of Holland (Friesland) and we had a good time there yesterday. Today we met a cousin of my girlfriend with his wife, 2 children and 2 of their friends and we had a good time again in the freezing cold centre of Den Haag in a very good dim sum restaurant. In there it was warm of course. :wink: We had all kinds of Chinese snacks like Peking Duck, Char Siew Pao, Spicy Fried Chicked Wings, Lotus Rice, Squid, Vegetable Pao, and the likes. Tomorrow we are going to see all of them again in a famous Dutch windmill area called Zaanse Schans. Oh and earlier this week we went to Antwerpen (Belgium) for some sweet window shopping, we went to a little museum called Rockox House (Rockox was mayor of Antwerpen around the year 1600 & friend of Rubens, the famous painter) and we finished the day in a Malaysian restaurant that, unfortunately, turned out to be not so special. The Satay was very OK though, it had chicken, beef, rabbit and lamb meat with a good satay sauce. (Isn’t this something for the food topic maybe? :wink: )

Anyway, sorry to read that not everyone was so lucky this year. Toi toi toi to you mayonaise & Return to Comfort!

well lets see, the things i bought for myself, a purse, a journal and a booklight, the booklight sucks major ass and i will have to get a new one. from my dear friends dazey and czarina i got 3 sp cd’s (all ones i had been wanting) and czarina also sent me this AWESOME book about tattoos. and i got chocolate from them both. i love my friends.

i have gifts for them, czarina and last roses were suposed to go out day before yesterday, and i got to the post office late, so they are going out tomarrow, happy new years gifts! and dazey will be getting his after the first of the year.

Anonymous
      Spectator

one more thing:
      I experienced a Christmas miracle, my 8 year old has been so sick with a VERY bad cold, he hasn’t talked much since last Thursday or ate anything ( just some liquids), no fever or anything and he also got the stomach flu as well. He was looking awful (mega dark circles under his eyes :( ) So I prayed the night before he would be better on Christmas and about midway through the day he FINALLY came around to feeling better, he ate and was speaking!! Poor guy, I was thinking if he doesn’t get better he is going in to the hospital on Friday![/quote:310qwbyr]

Awesome. :)[/quote:310qwbyr]
      double awesome :) I was amazed ;)

oh and bullet I was out shopping before christmas and I saw a booklight and thought of you. and also thought wow that is a cool light I need to get one too, but I didn’t :( maybe today they will be on sale

Tion
      Spectator

my christmas was lovely.
      i love my family / (not always…;-) )

im sorry for you mayonaise that your christmas wasnt that good…
      keep your head up for 2010 :wink:

has anyone plans or New Years resolutions? :roll:

blueczarina
      Spectator

im sorry for you mayonaise that your christmas wasnt that good…
      keep your head up for 2010 :wink: [/quote:2r5j7j6o]

you mean she has to wait 2 years :lol: :wink:

Tion
      Spectator

:shock:

:lol:

sorry,2009…..thats so typical for me ,hahaha.

blueczarina
      Spectator

thats alright :lol:

Pipoka
      Spectator

Sorry to hear that Mayo and RTC…

My Christmas was cool, it’s always cool when i have the opportunity to travel to my aunt’s house ;)
      It’s freezing cold in here, i forgot my cell phone and my glasses (5 days without my cell phone……) but i’ll survive :lol:

I can’t tell you my gifts because i didn’t open them yet.
      but i went to the shop yesterday to get my IAGW and i’m super happy with this gift from me to myself :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

^ IAGW DVD en-route to me from a friend in the US, late present/gift hopefully arriving soon. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

This is only some of the e-mail that came in lately… :roll:

Anonymous
      Spectator

well I would have sent you a email, but I haven’t fixed my account yet with my email account..
      apparently I am spam right now. I did read that comcast was having issues with email going over seas..
      I’ll fix it soon..
      So the picture on the main web page is the BEST!! Is that our new years card/picture thingy you were talking about posting? If so, it’s brilliant!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

what pic reggae? i don’t see a x-mas/ happy new year card on the front page. :P

Arthur
      Spectator

what pic reggae? i don’t see a x-mas/ happy new year card on the front page. :P[/quote:1achhr72]
      Yes you do. Don’t play silly, blueczarina! :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

what pic reggae? i don’t see a x-mas/ happy new year card on the front page. :P[/quote:h27b9ltt]
      Yes you do. Don’t play silly, blueczarina! :P[/quote:h27b9ltt]
      Think about it..
      we are on SPfreaks-aka:SP collectionville and what is on the main page for the x-mas card, but an extremely rare 1990 German vinyl test pressing of the 12 inch UK single for Tristessa!! It’s the perfect xmas/new year card

blueczarina
      Spectator

ooooh, that! i didn’t think it was a x-mas card i just thought it was a vinyl they were featuring. :P

Viewing 134 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.