confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

So yeah. Where’s everybody at?

What’s everyone up to?

Talk to us! This forum can’t become a dead forum, it can’t! :cry: :lol:

HIYA!

toad32r
      Spectator

Haven’t had alot of fre time lately. My 3 kids are all sick with a cold, getting better now though. I hope anyone going to the SP show tonight has a good time! I’m waiting for them to come back to the U.S. Take care all. You too Spammy…lol

Arthur
      Spectator

Superlordspamulon, I agree. Hugs to you for your concers for this place!

I try to post as much as I can, but I’m also working on SPfreaks.com, almost on a daily base. The Tour & Recording History that is, not very noticable, but a tough and time-consuming job anyway… I already have the most posts on my name here, I was hoping you guys could set up the threads also here. But we only have around 80 members with only a few of them being regular posters. Amongst them are toad32r, Pipoka, Superlordspamulon, Cool As Ice Cream, lilkitn, manillascissor, BleedingTheOrchid, luxe, TreeSpirit, Pipoka, Fez… Some of those SPfriends haven’t been around for a while lately. And sorry to the guys I forget now!

Yeah, I would hate to see this place going dead also, but it needs more people to stay alive I guess. What can we do to attract more people? The American webmaster is kinda responsible for the forum, but he has an extremely time-consuming professional job also which brings him all over the US, so I couldn’t blame him for not being around all the time… I think we need several hundreds of members, and a daily upload of threads. What’s the plan guys? Shoot!

1 of my ideas would be: more contests. We all love contests, don’t we! Once a month? But who wants to organize it on a regular base? Other idea: Latest Pumpkins news from all over the place, little and big news. Who finds it and posts it here? Maybe the American webmaster needs some help, if so let him spit it out here! :lol:

Anyway, Superlordspamulon, I feel your worries, but we couldn’t force people to come here. What can we do to attract them anyway? Bring in Britney Spears and Paris Hilton? :wink:

(Uhmmm, no. Rather not please!)

Pipoka
      Spectator

I’m alive ! :P

Tomorrow i’ll have my Maths exam… (yeah if you know how to pray, pray for me !)

After that i will be free ! yeahh !!! :D (i hope my head will survive till then)

By the way,

DON’T bring Brit or Paris… I would appreciate it 8) (yeah i’ve read somewhere that this is my prize -> 8) … and what a prize !!! :lol: )

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Actually, I’ve been having trouble recently even being able to access the site. It just won’t load. And when I try from work, we have a T1 connection, so I know it’s not that. Anyone else had these problems?

Arthur
      Spectator

Tomorrow i’ll have my Maths exam… (yeah if you know how to pray, pray for me !)[/quote:oi8pvapg]

8) ‘s speed with you Pipoka!

Arthur
      Spectator

Actually, I’ve been having trouble recently even being able to access the site. It just won’t load. And when I try from work, we have a T1 connection, so I know it’s not that. Anyone else had these problems?[/quote:1ktclgrd]
      Yeah, though the SPfreaks Forum was always online I heard from several sources. How was that at your place manillascissor? Did the forum disappear too? For several days some Dutch provider did probably hard- or software maintenance and forgot to keep http://www.SPfreaks.com online for the whole www. RedWolf called it a "netsplit" (whatever that may be, he couldn’t do anything anyhow). In some parts of NL here the site was always available I heard (Brabant, Gouda), and in other parts (Den Haag, Leiden) it wasn’t. Weird. Hopefully it all works fine now again.

Back to Superlordspamulon’s subject. I just LOVE the lay-out of the forum, I hope you all too? Then we don’t have to change that, at least not now. Superlordspamulon, what do you think?

But OK, who of the SPfriends is gonna climb the SPfreaks barricades and make this place undead again? What are the ideas and who has time to work them out and even better: wants to try them out!?

The simplest solution i’ve got is for a few ‘buttons’ to be made – you know, a little image that someone can post on their site in the links section, linking to us. Should attract a fair few posters :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Like this?

http://www.smashing-pumpkins.co.uk/inde … &Itemid=53

Oh by the way, talking about linking… I recently found out SPfreaks got some links on Wikipedia anyway, as we have some items online which are kinda rare (as they say, but it could be right).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_%2 … ns_song%29 (section References links to Perfect Puff Daddy remix CD on our site, which is probably 1 of a kind indeed)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smashi … iscography (Notes 16 links to a rare cassette of Summer)

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smashing_Pumpkins (Dutch Wikipedia links our whole website in \"Externe links\" section!)

But anyway, it’s a good idea to have some more artwork for links too. I see possibilities for a new contest: design 3 different SPfreaks buttons and banners! Bring ’em in! :lol:

Just give me the source pic for the background here and size limitations and i can whittle one out in no time :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Right-click on the SPfreaks pic you want and choose \"Save Background As…\" or \"Save Picture As…\". Creating something new in the \"style\" of SPfreaks would be appreciated too! :wink:

And I wouldn’t know about size limitations, as the other websites always give them, or resize it themselves to make it fit on their pages. That’s how I did it also on our Links page.

The issues are mostly on the little pics, when you resize them from Large to Extra Small, they loose quite some contrast and details. Most art people create 2 different versions then, I know. Good luck Superlordspamulon, can’t wait to see the results!

Just a couple i did quickly, based on the site layout :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Pretty cool for a start Superlordspamulon! Let me think this over in the weekend, and come back to it in a few days. Maybe you could create a huge banner also in the meantime?

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=LINKS (check the green logo of SP on top and go wild! You get what I mean… :wink: )

And we should make a list of websites where we want this posted, right?

Anonymous
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

We forgive you Return. Take your time. As long as you’re still around, that’s all that matters!!!

Superlord- wow! Those little buttons/banners are pretty damn cool! Looks like it took no time at all!!! You really do have a talent with the artsy side of the internet, and i admire that. good work.

We forgive you Return. Take your time. As long as you’re still around, that’s all that matters!!!

Superlord- wow! Those little buttons/banners are pretty damn cool! Looks like it took no time at all!!! You really do have a talent with the artsy side of the internet, and i admire that. good work.[/quote:1mmg9113]

Thanks :) It’s kind of a hobby. For both of the comps on here, image creation played a key role, and i was there, maxing out my entries and creating surplus images :lol: I also create profile skins for the social networking site ‘Bebo’. I’ve made quite a few, but none have been featured thus far. Made quite a few smashing pumpkins related ones as well :)

I’m only using Macromedia Fireworks as well. Which is good for basic image editing, but nothing like photoshop.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Even so, you’re lightyears ahead of me. I think it’s awesome. :D

Shannen
      Spectator

I’m alive and kicking too.

But I have been kinda busy with work and a lot of travelling.

Ideas:
      1) How about we distribute flyers to every house so they know about SPfreak.com? Hmmm silly idea huh.
      2) Get the members to introduce SPfreaks.com to thier network of friends.
      3) Post interesting posts to attract more browsers.
      4) Introduce SPfreaks.com in others websites.

Hope this help :D

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m alive and kicking too.

But I have been kinda busy with work and a lot of travelling.

Ideas:
      1) How about we distribute flyers to every house so they know about SPfreak.com? Hmmm silly idea huh.
      2) Get the members to introduce SPfreaks.com to thier network of friends.
      3) Post interesting posts to attract more browsers.
      4) Introduce SPfreaks.com in others websites.

Hope this help :D[/quote:2wrqdys5]
      Yeah it does! What I did long time ago is opening an account on MySpace and spread some SPfreaks bulletins there. Maybe next step is Hyves and so on? Thing is, I don’t have the time to keep all of them updated, so feel free to run away with these ideas!

bump
      hi! :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Firm echo after bump…

hi! 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

It certainly has been quiet ’round these parts. Mid-winter blues, maybe? I don’t know about y’all, but I sure am ready for spring. We’ve had week after week of rain, freezing rain and "ice pellets", ick! Come on, spring! Show me the daffodils and tulips already![/quote:3uuk9n8f]
      personally, i’d prefer the summer. I do prefer spring, but by the summer holidays i will have done all my major exams and basically be kicking back, with absolutely no pressure anymore :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

But the best thing about summer is that SP have so many fantastic summer songs: Today, 1979, Cherub Rock, Luna…
      They are the playlist to summer to be frank :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

4) Introduce SPfreaks.com in others websites.[/quote:3mdd8ymk]
      http://www.wikipedia.org is working with us now. They now have 8 links to SPfreaks!

Results 1-8 of 8

I Am One
      Relevance: 100.0% – –

Crestfallen (song)
      Relevance: 92.6% – –

To Sheila

Perfect (Smashing Pumpkins song)

Rhinoceros (song)

Untitled (song)

Siamese Dream
      Relevance: 89.3% – –

The Smashing Pumpkins discography
      Relevance: 89.3% – –

Did you add those, was it a user here, or was it somebody else?

Arthur
      Spectator

Well, they deleted us before on the English Wikipedia site, remember, so I didn’t bother about Wikipedia anymore. It must have been 1 of their own moderators that added those links to SPfreaks on different Wikipedia pages. To be honest, I think it’s cool! 8)

Pipoka
      Spectator

To be honest, I think it’s cool! 8)[/quote:1cpl7bjf]

yes it is ! :)

It is, it really is :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Talk to us! This forum can’t become a dead forum, it can’t! :cry: :lol:[/quote:27ih1qsu]
      Not that quiet anymore huh… :lol:

Not that quiet anymore huh… :lol:[/quote:21rdhemy] I come back to my e-mail after a day of school – 10 messgaes, 8 from SPfreaks alerting me to forum posts?
      Hell yeah…

Arthur
      Spectator

Again I have the idea that your call to un-quiet this place a bit has helped Superlordspamulon! :lol:

Again I have the idea that your call to un-quiet this place a bit has helped Superlordspamulon! :lol:[/quote:3mcfj8zz]

Haha… i noticed that too!

Arthur
      Spectator

Our users have posted a total of 10000 articles (03:52 PM)

Our users have posted a total of 10105 articles (8 hours later)

:lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

so we are that good to post that many in an 8 hour period…we have no life today :)
      oh wait yes we do we love SP!!!!

Danni
      Spectator

Dum-di-di-dum-di-di-dum. Just had to get that off my chest.

la da dee da da doooo la la :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Hiiii
      I am still around…I am just horrible at logging in
      I do sorta keep up over here-poem wise and chatter with our manilla who updates me on things :P
      I will try and make it on a bit more

blueczarina
      Spectator

we are crapping out some over here.

Anonymous
      Spectator

so many people on the my collection page signed up, but none of them really post …
      sucks
      and look 2 days in a row for me-I am proud of myself :D

marigold
      Spectator

we are crapping out some over here.[/quote:9kxfaf0o]

indeed

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

It’s very quiet right now….

Not just in the forum but in my house.
      So quiet that I can hear my cat snoring at the other side of the room.

Anyway, we need to start some conversations again on here. :D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Whatchoo wanna talk about?

Anonymous
      Spectator

lets talk about

plastic cups
      so many colors and sizes and fancy designs
      uh no lets not talk about those

um someone wanna come clean up my beer bottles from last night? :lol:
      must go do that in a minute

Viewing 47 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.