Viewing 127 reply threads
  • Author

King of Gloom
      Spectator

Always wanted an online place to keep track of your precious Smashing Pumpkins collection? Have a wantlist to publish to other collectors? Have some double items to sell? Ever been on a record fair with a PDA in your pocket, and you just couldn’t remember what exact item you were looking for to add to you collection?

Questions answered, and wishes fulfilled, guys! Because finally it’s here, please welcome the newest SPfreaks.com website feature designed and build by our developer RedWolf:

My Collection

As the name suggests, it is mainly meant to be used by collectors of Smashing Pumpkins items. On our website it is now possible to keep track of your Smashing Pumpkins collection, your wantlist, your sell/trade list and you can also have a look into other members collections! That is, if they want to have their collection known by the public…

Now how does this work?

On http://www.SPfreaks.com you can \"Log In\" (see top of the screen) with the same nick & password as you use on the Forum. If you are not a Forum member yet, please create an account here first, as some of your account information will be copied to http://www.SPfreaks.com , and used for My Collection.

When you have logged in to http://www.SPfreaks.com , first go to \"My Profile\". That link can also be found on top of the screen. There you have to fill in a few easy settings, for example Public Ownerlist Yes/No. Save your settings, and you are ready to go!

Go where? Go here: http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLINDEX

There you will find our re-designed Search engine that is used to find all the Smashing Pumpkins & related items on our website. As you will notice, every item has some options to maintain. To maintain these options, click \"Edit options\" at the right of any item that you have found with your search options on top of the screen. In the next screen, checkmark the box(es) on the left according your situation, and use the other fields that appear on the right of the screen to fill in some more detailed information, including grading your item. Now save again, and you have created an addition to your personal list!

The Search engine can also be used to find your own list(s) or lists of other members (checkmark the \"My Collection\" box to browse in your personal list(s) and the lists of your fellow collectors). Just try the many different fields, and don’t forget to click “Apply” to have the results! Oh, some more little thingies you need to know. Yes, it needs 2 seperate log ins to use both the Forum and the My Collection feature of http://www.SPfreaks.com . That is needed, because it are in fact 2 different websites, that only share the account information of the members. Yes, this new My Collection feature is free to use, and nothing will be charged. Yes, if you are only here to sell your collection, you are welcome too!

Finally, use this thread for your questions and requests about My Collection! Have fun using it!

blueczarina
      Spectator

that looks pretty cool :)

so now will we actually get to see just how much of the stuff on the collection pages you own Arthur? :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

been waiting for this for 15 years. 8)

RedWolf
      Spectator

been waiting for this for 15 years. 8)[/quote:egevqp9t]

Then you have collected a large amount of items in the past 15 years, so I expect to see a huge My Collection here on http://www.spfreaks.com/ :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

This \"My Collection\" is, if you ask me, one of the coolest things we have done on SPfreaks.com so far! :lol:

I can see the collections of Sven, bullet, manilla, obscured and scotopic_lux already! People have started using the wantlist option also! And this is only within 24 hours of the announcement! Awesome! 8)

ObscureD
      Spectator

I can’t find the I am one 10\" test press on the database… Am I stupid ? :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

I can’t find the I am one 10" test press on the database… Am I stupid ? :lol:[/quote:1vnmszs2]

This one? :lol:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=1878

amnesia
      Spectator

I like the idea, but im not going to spend hours upon hours to add what i got, maybe later when i have more time.But kickass work with this funktion i really like it! 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

I like the idea, but im not going to spend hours upon hours to add what i got, maybe later when i have more time.But kickass work with this funktion i really like it! 8)[/quote:3a3n0idx]
      It works pretty fast mayonaise, in less then 1 hour I have added almost 150 items to my online collection (ok, that’s just a little part only… ;) ) Sven his whole collection of over 200 items is already online, it’s so cool to see other peoples stuffs! :lol:

ObscureD
      Spectator

It tells : [Error! Requested page cannot be loaded. Please return to previous page.]

\"I’m going crazy…. I’m going crazy…\" :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

It tells : [Error! Requested page cannot be loaded. Please return to previous page.]

"I’m going crazy…. I’m going crazy…" :lol:[/quote:37olgu0r]

Try this? http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1878

ObscureD
      Spectator

ObscureD wrote:

\"I’m going crazy…. I’m going crazy…\"

Try this? http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1878 [/quote:3pwn0xtd]

It’s the 7\" test press you give me. I search the 10\" test press.

blueczarina
      Spectator

thanks Arthur. i had the same issue with the error message. :wink:

i’m trying to put some stuff in, but i’m at work so its hard to remember which versions i have. :lol: i’m going to have to have to do this when i get home i think. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

ObscureD wrote:

"I’m going crazy…. I’m going crazy…"

Try this? http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1878 [/quote:2xdeb5h1]

It’s the 7" test press you give me. I search the 10" test press.[/quote:2xdeb5h1]
      Error solved… you and blueczarina shouldn’t get it anymore. The 10" test press is probably not on the site yet. If you have it, please send in pics!

RedWolf
      Spectator

Error on page was my mistake, I’m sorry for the trouble.

ObscureD
      Spectator

Here are some pictures of the I am one 10\" test press with the plain white sleeve.

Note SPfreaks: sorry, the images should be less than or max 750 pixels wide. Forum rules. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

sooo
      going through concert tickets I noticed none of the August tour tickets are listed.
      no one has them to post? I have 3 how do I go about getting the thing uploaded to SPfreaks? Do I scan it and then email it? I ‘ll do it this week sometime-maybe today if I have time and can find it. If I do I’ll email it to Manilla on his regular email I think..

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i have a couple boots you don’t have on there. :wink:

mr.benway
      Spectator

:D W*O*W* :D
      that’s really amazing, phantastic, marvelous, phantasmagorical…
      and it works really fast…

one little question: i’m looking for all owners of (e.g.) ‘i am one (12inch)’. were can i find / see these :?: i’ve tried the search function, but nothing…

Mr. Benway

Anonymous
      Spectator

I love this collection page..it’s so neat!
      Arthur and Sven got quite the stash
      who are they willed too… :lol:
      wow I am amazed at your collections guys! and everyone’s too. It’s cool to see what everyone has…
      I have album mp3’s not listed. :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

wow I am amazed at your collections guys! and everyone’s too. It’s cool to see what everyone has…
      I have album mp3’s not listed. :lol:[/quote:3gtudkrl]
      Wow, you got the TAFH promo! :shock:

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2435

Arthur
      Spectator

Here are some pictures of the I am one 10" test press with the plain white sleeve.

Note SPfreaks: sorry, the images should be less than or max 750 pixels wide. Forum rules. :wink:[/quote:3j481gnt]

Repost? Or at least send them to our contact email? They should be on SPfreaks.com! 8)

ObscureD
      Spectator

ObscureD wrote:
      Here are some pictures of the I am one 10\" test press with the plain white sleeve.

Note SPfreaks: sorry, the images should be less than or max 750 pixels wide. Forum rules.

Repost? Or at least send them to our contact email? They should be on SPfreaks.com!
      [/quote:28pla252]

I’ll repost the pictures with the correct size tomorrow because it’s 21.00 PM in France and I’m lazy 8)

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

Oh wow this feature is amazing, finally a place I can catalogue my collection.

My only issue is there are some common items that just arent listed (for example I think there is only 1 vinyl version of Gish listed, and not the one that I own), and then a lot of items that really dont need to be there (individual ticket stubs etc?) Are we able to submit new articles to you if they are missing from the list?

I would love it if you simply used the data from SPFC and made the ability to say what you have/want etc.

You must have put so much work into all of this. I am going to go and let all the kids at Ozphoria know about this as I am sure there are a few who will love it!

Arthur
      Spectator

My only issue is there are some common items that just arent listed (for example I think there is only 1 vinyl version of Gish listed, and not the one that I own), and then a lot of items that really dont need to be there (individual ticket stubs etc?) Are we able to submit new articles to you if they are missing from the list?

I would love it if you simply used the data from SPFC and made the ability to say what you have/want etc.[/quote:1d6omsd1]
      Naahhh… I don’t agree with that. We try to create and maintain the most comprehensive library of Smashing Pumpkins stuffs, so we will definately not do what SPFC is doing. They have a great database of information and great people that I consider to be my friends, but for some reasons they are not really comprehensive with their Discography. So, if you are not a concert stubs collector, then just skip that part, right?

Oh, but of course, if you miss anything in the collection, please send it to the contact email provided on top! :lol:

I also noticed that some things are missing from the spfreaks.com collection, especially in the vinyl section.
      But that’s what’s so great about this new feature: a lot of people will go through their collection and notice exactly what is still missing on here. Then, if everyone would be so nice to submit missing releases to spfreaks.com, we can further complete our collection.

I also agree with Arthur: spfc.org is great, but not as complete as spfreaks.com. I’m sure there are a lot more cd and vinyl releases on spfreaks.com than there are on spfc.org.
      If you don’t care for t-shirts or ticket stubs, you can always select a category you are interested in (e.g. \"official vinyl\"), and filter the other entries out.

amnesia
      Spectator

I got some rare promo cds thats not even here.Machina unmastered US promo, American Gothic Israel promo.Rotten Appels Uk Internal acetate promo cd, Thats The Way Belgien promo,Try Try Try uk acetate promo , also a different Machina US promo from the one thats here on spfreak collection….Guess i have to warm up my scanner. :?

mr.benway
      Spectator

Guess i have to warm up my scanner. [/quote:3k1or3pm]
      me too :D
      lots of work in the next weeks, especially for the spfreaks-collection-crew.

it’s fun to browse through other peoples collection… :D

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

Oh, but of course, if you miss anything in the collection, please send it to the contact email provided on top! :lol:[/quote:2mr2uga6]

No problems at all, I had a couple of items that had different Matrix codes to any you had listed, and a few other things – i will pass them along A.S.A.P :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

I have album mp3’s not listed. :lol:[/quote:1smxuqtx]
      Wow, you got the TAFH promo! :shock:

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2435[/quote:1smxuqtx]

no I messed up I am so sorry-good eye at catching that :wink: . How can I delete it? I was in a hurry it was my last one entered-doesn’t help that i was on the phone too..

also mine doesn’t have any sticker on the back..but it appears to have second pressing hinges according to the collection. Also I noticed has a number 2 printed inside the case at the bottom.

RedWolf
      Spectator

How can I delete it? I was in a hurry it was my last one entered-doesn’t help that i was on the phone too..[/quote:20enq7v9]

Just follow these instructions:
      [list:20enq7v9]
      [*:20enq7v9]Sign on into http://www.spfreaks.com[/*:m:20enq7v9]
      [*:20enq7v9]Open the Collection Index (homepage: The Collection)[/*:m:20enq7v9]
      [*:20enq7v9]Select My Collection option in de filter section[/*:m:20enq7v9]
      [*:20enq7v9]Goto the page or adjust the filter so the item is shown in the list[/*:m:20enq7v9]
      [*:20enq7v9]Click the option "Edit options" of the item you want to delete of your collection
      [/*:m:20enq7v9]
      [*:20enq7v9]Uncheck the "I own this" option
      [/*:m:20enq7v9]
      [*:20enq7v9]Save your options[/*:m:20enq7v9][/list:u:20enq7v9]

blueczarina
      Spectator

HOLY CRAP ARTHUR- 852 ITEMS :shock: :shock: :shock: i always figured you owned most of spfreaks, but holy crap :shock:

do you store it all in a warehouse? :shock:

Pipoka
      Spectator

how can you see others collection?

i can’t see them!

blueczarina
      Spectator

how can you see others collection?

i can’t see them![/quote:2skilz1x]

when you are on a collection page you check the "My Collection Collector" box. then it will reload and then you can use the drop box to look at other people’s stuff. :twisted:

Arthur
      Spectator

HOLY CRAP ARTHUR- 852 ITEMS :shock: :shock: :shock: i always figured you owned most of spfreaks, but holy crap :shock:

do you store it all in a warehouse? :shock:[/quote:1fhnzdcn]
      I’m not allowed to tell you anything, my insurance agent just told me. :shock:

arthur you didn’t put up any of the pics i sent you of my asheville shirt and the new august tour shirts aren’t up either. should i wait or just stop holding my breath? i know you are a busy bee and all.

i just wanted to add them to my list.

Arthur
      Spectator

arthur you didn’t put up any of the pics i sent you of my asheville shirt and the new august tour shirts aren’t up either. should i wait or just stop holding my breath? i know you are a busy bee and all.

i just wanted to add them to my list.[/quote:3df0kbyq]
      Uhmmm… Right. Not right, actually. I cannot check the pics to upload now, as my pc for SPfreaks maintenance is crapped out for a bit, and with all that recent excitement and things to arrange around the contest, the server crash and the My Collection feature, I have no clear view of what to upload still. Tons, I’m sure. If I remember well, you had that send in already a while ago, right bullet? I really wonder why it wasn’t uploaded yet… :roll:

Anyway, it will be the next big thing to do for the 4 main content managers (manillascissor, cool as ice cream, mayonaise and undersigned): work our way through all the things that came in lately. And tons more to come in, if I see the replies to the My Collection thread. Will take a while I’m afraid, bullet… Please keep breathing now! :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

do you store it all in a warehouse? :shock:[/quote:31tvwiyi]
      I’m not allowed to tell you anything, my insurance agent just told me. :shock:[/quote:31tvwiyi]

hehe, they are going to get you. :lol:

SPfreaks
      Spectator

It’s being noticed on SP.com also…

\"lonelylibertine says my collection is brilliant
      Sunday, November 2, 2008 – 11:31 pm

I am totally loving going through my collection and being able to see it all in one catalogue. There should be a feature like that here at SP.com!\"

(hey, why you think we SPfreaks did it? Because it’s nowhere else! :wink: )

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Okay, I’m so not hardcore. I have no clue which code half of our CDs are, or even where to find the code….. in fact I stash jewel cases and booklets in boxes and just keep CDs in a cd case. The truth is, none of these are mine. They are all my husband’s and he is not as organized as I once was.

Now a days everything I listen to is on the computer… I just download it all!
      So even though it was overwhelming I decided to start my collection. I might have some things wrong, and I know I have things missing. In time, in time.

Anonymous
      Spectator

How can I delete it? I was in a hurry it was my last one entered-doesn’t help that i was on the phone too..[/quote:29m6kjkj]

Just follow these instructions:
      [list:29m6kjkj]
      [*:29m6kjkj]Sign on into http://www.spfreaks.com[/*:m:29m6kjkj]
      [*:29m6kjkj]Open the Collection Index (homepage: The Collection)[/*:m:29m6kjkj]
      [*:29m6kjkj]Select My Collection option in de filter section[/*:m:29m6kjkj]
      [*:29m6kjkj]Goto the page or adjust the filter so the item is shown in the list[/*:m:29m6kjkj]
      [*:29m6kjkj]Click the option "Edit options" of the item you want to delete of your collection
      [/*:m:29m6kjkj]
      [*:29m6kjkj]Uncheck the "I own this" option
      [/*:m:29m6kjkj]
      [*:29m6kjkj]Save your options[/*:m:29m6kjkj][/list:u:29m6kjkj][/quote:29m6kjkj]

Thanks RedWolf :)
      after I vote I’ll be back to fix it

Arthur
      Spectator

😀 W*O*W* :D
      that’s really amazing, phantastic, marvelous, phantasmagorical…
      and it works really fast…

one little question: i’m looking for all owners of (e.g.) ‘i am one (12inch)’. were can i find / see these :?: i’ve tried the search function, but nothing…

Mr. Benway[/quote:1y6am5j2]
      Thanks Mr.Benway! Your latest pics should also be uploaded still, it is on the list… But you know… lot’s of things going on lately, as you noticed! :lol:

By the way, it is not possible to search the owners of a specific item indeed. Only when an item is on a wantlist or a sell/trade list it’s overview can be viewed. If you think your suggestion should be implemented someday, please put it in the Support Forum below. That is where RedWolf is keeping track of the suggestions. As you can see he honors most of them, when he has time, and when it is within his capabilities.

mr.benway
      Spectator

Thanks Mr.Benway! Your latest pics should also be uploaded still, it is on the list… But you know… lot’s of things going on lately, as you noticed! :lol:
      [/quote:35qeur9g]
      yes, i’ve noticed the technical problems last week… i’m glad that that the new server works so well :D
      an no hurry with the pics…

By the way, it is not possible to search the owners of a specific item indeed. Only when an item is on a wantlist or a sell/trade list it’s overview can be viewed. If you think your suggestion should be implemented someday, please put it in the Support Forum below. That is where RedWolf is keeping track of the suggestions. As you can see he honors most of them, when he has time, and when it is within his capabilities.[/quote:35qeur9g]
      yepp… i’ll try the support-forum… someday :lol:

ObscureD
      Spectator

Here is the picture of the I am one 10\" Test press (with the correct size 8) )
      Now you can add it to the database.

<a href="http://imageshack.us:1goj22mk][/url:1goj22mk”>

amnesia
      Spectator

Its really cool to see what the other members have in there collection.You guys have great collections, nuff said! 8)

I feel so greedy coz my want list is so big compare to you guys :? But i just want to collect :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

This feature already helped me get 2-3 new cds in the last few days. All offered by other members. Isn’t that just amazing? :lol:

hey there are no vhs’s for intimate and interactive, or the snl rehursals, both of which i have. do you want me to scan them and send the images and info?

Huh. In the midst of my ‘completing my collection’ I seem to have discovered hat I have a copy of Machina not already on the site…

EDIT: Should state the matrix code, in case I missed it but somebody knows where it is.
      IFPI L041 848936 2 .1 :1:3 EMI SWINDON IFPI 1412

buiopesto
      Spectator

hi all
      i hope u’ll excuse my english.
      i discovered this website a couple months ago and i found it of great interest,full of competent ppl.
      now this new feature,wich i find the best chance possible for collectors interaction,and had fun tagging some of my items .
      really,congraulation.
      Yet i have some questions+possible suggestion;
      1-there are around 10 items i own wich i didnt find (some probably by my mistake,i.e.the airplane flies lower,or the tonight,tonight slimline uk 7tracks hutcd69 version..others wich i frankly never saw anywhere else,like the siamese dream uruguay cassette,)can anyone tell me where to upload some pics of them?
      2-suggestion on the my collection feature;
      -when u look at a specific item,it would be nice to see,below the\"edit options\"feature,aside the \"wants\"and the\"offers\"an\"owners list\" too-so you could see who has it without going into each collector’s list.
      just an idea…what do you think?

Arthur
      Spectator

hi all

what do you think?[/quote:2v2uqaca]

Hey buiopesto, I got no problems with your english, so feel free to bring in anything you like on this Forum!

HUTCD 69 is a 4 tracker ( http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … S&item=155 ) but if you mean the 7 tracker, it’s here: http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … S&item=157 (HUTCDF 69, released in the Netherlands).

Please send in all pics/scans that you have of items that you don’t find here on SPfreaks.com! There is a Contact link on top of this page!

Your suggestion 2 is really a nice one, I think it was mentioned before… But can you please copy your text from 2. to a new topic in the Support Forum, to be found elsewhere on this Forum?

Thanks buiopesto, glad you like this new feature, and have fun staying around!

buiopesto
      Spectator

yes arthur it was the hutcdf69,sorry :wink:
      i probably passed it by as mine has a sticker on it(the same of the french cardboard version,but with the hutcdf69 code -instead of the hutcde 69)
      sure i’ll move the owner’s suggestion to a new topic to the support forum,ans send the pics as soon as possible.
      ps…it was you bidding on the paola turci-smashing pumpkins 7\" jukebox before i could take it :x :lol:

mr.benway
      Spectator

here is a little overview with items in my collection actually not in the spfreaks-database

Smashing Pumpkins
      – Gish LP, Carol 1705 (1704617051)
      – Gish CD, South Africa
      – I Am One CD-Single, Different Matrix-Code from 1994
      – The Smashing Pumpkins, 7-Track Sampler DPRO-14955 (can’t find it in the database)
      – Westwood One, #94-21 (On The Edge), #98-43 (On The Edge)
      – Greatest Hits 1CD, Indonesia + Malaysia
      – Russian CDs (Siamese Dream, PI, MCIS, Machina, Greatest Hits, Zeitgeist)

– several Commercial (Factory-pressed) Bootlegs (~ 10)

Zwan
      – MSOTS, from Germany, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan Promo
      – Lyric, Cardboard Promo
      – Honestly, Cardboard Europe + Canada, 2 Promos

– 6 commercial (Factory-pressed) Bootlegs

Jimmy Chamberlin Complex
      – 3 Promotion CDS
      [/quote:2peceyci]

i’ll scan these items and send you all the additional information (catalog nr, matrix-code etc.). should i send the original scans and you shrink them or should i send smaller prictures? preferred size?
      i think i can start next week scanning the items…

Mr.Benway

Arthur
      Spectator

– The Smashing Pumpkins, 7-Track Sampler DPRO-14955 (can’t find it in the database)[/quote:1dxe5tw7]
      It’s here.

http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … S&item=349

Rest: scan 1. front, 2. back and 3. cd, and provide them as JPG format, max 800 pixels width. If you want to send in extra scans of (parts of) booklets, details etc.: be my guest! You probably have browsed around quite a few times, so you know what you liked I guess… :wink:

Thanks Mr. Benway, as usual you are a great source for us. You rock mister!

hey there are no vhs’s for intimate and interactive, or the snl rehursals, both of which i have. do you want me to scan them and send the images and info?[/quote:1cqb9jto]

yes? no?

don’t care?

let me know.

hey there are no vhs’s for intimate and interactive, or the snl rehursals, both of which i have. do you want me to scan them and send the images and info?[/quote:2394n0v7]

yes? no?

don’t care?

let me know.[/quote:2394n0v7]
      what kind of vhs’s are they? official releases? bootlegs?

i find it hard to believe that the snl rehearsals would have been released as a promo video, for example. on the other hand, it would make sense that there’s a promo video from that intimate and interactive show.

i dunno if the intimate and interactive is a promo or a bootleg, i will say it is more than likely a bootleg, but i thought it might be good to have in the collection, as other boots are, i know cause i own at least one that is in the collection. and the snl one, is neat, it isn’t a promo, i think someone got thier hands on a copy of what snl recorded and made copies, so i am thinking it would also be a bootleg. i would like to transfer it to dvd, just for myself cause i watched it once, but i am afriad that the tape is getting old.

but if anyone thinks it would be good in the collecton let me know.

mr.benway
      Spectator

It’s here.

http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … S&item=349
      [/quote:2nfokbz2]
      hell yeah… i need a new pair of glasses!

Thanks Mr. Benway, as usual you are a great source for us. You rock mister![/quote:2nfokbz2]
      oh, thanks…

Smashing Pumpkins
      – Gish CD, South Africa
      – Greatest Hits Cassette, Korea
      – Machina Cassette, Korea

Jimmy Chamberlin Complex
      – Life Begins Again CD, UK Promo
      – Life Begins Again CD, US Promo
      – Life Begins Again CD-Single, US Promo (2-trk)

[/quote:2nfokbz2]

Rawk On
      Mr. Benway

manillascissor
      Keymaster

– Gish CD, South Africa
      [/quote:1mln1i7h]

Oooh, I want this!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Uh oh Arthur! I’m home now, get to cycle through ALL my shit. :twisted:

Already have a stack of 20 or so items to add. Just in CDs/CSs. I have many items to add vinyl-wise.

Anyone have time I can buy? I’ll pay good!

blueczarina
      Spectator

are you going to give Arthur some competition in the collection lists Manilla? :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

are you going to give Arthur some competition in the collection lists Manilla? :lol:[/quote:34r1byp6]

Oh yes Blue. I’ll give him competition, BUT, I think I’ll fall waaaaay short, lol.

blueczarina
      Spectator

are you going to give Arthur some competition in the collection lists Manilla? :lol:[/quote:1lakrnvp]

Oh yes Blue. I’ll give him competition, BUT, I think I’ll fall waaaaay short, lol.[/quote:1lakrnvp]

yes, i think he owns the entire CD part of the collection :lol: lol

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i just checked out the collector section for the first time. and holy jeez! i must say i am so very jealous of how far down the rabbit hole some of you have gone. im gonna add mine now.

the only thing i have that i wasnt able to find on the non offical cd list was the ”acoustic melon songs” bootleg

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i just checked out the collector section for the first time. and holy jeez! i must say i am so very jealous of how far down the rabbit hole some of you have gone. im gonna add mine now.

the only thing i have that i wasnt able to find on the non offical cd list was the ”acoustic melon songs” bootleg[/quote:1e00d6l2]

We could have named the site that. "Down the Rabbit Hole". :D

Arthur
      Spectator

1 gone from my wantlist, 1 more on my ownerslist.

I love this new feature! :lol:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

1 gone from my wantlist, 1 more on my ownerslist.

I love this new feature! :lol:[/quote:22b6umyk]

hell yeah! its a lot of of fun.

Arthur
      Spectator

hell yeah! its a lot of of fun.[/quote:2np595wf]
      You can say that again… :wink:

I uploaded my trade list and I can get rid of 6-7 of them already. :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yeah, for me, it’s just EXTREMELY helpful to keep track of which CDs I own.

What’s really funny though, is that I would be tracking some CDs that I own (nothing too valuable) and open the jewel case, and there would be no CD! I took it out to listen and it’s gone now. So I own the jewel case, but not the CD. I had to go back and delete some entries.

ARGH!

blueczarina
      Spectator

that sucks

Anonymous
      Spectator

I haven’t even begun the want list…everything I don’t have would be wanted :lol:

I started adding stuff one day, but then I gave up. This is going to take a lot of time.

amnesia
      Spectator

Took me 30 min to add my wantlist, its huge :lol: :lol:

mr.benway
      Spectator

part 2 was send to the spfreaks-headquarter:

Smashing Pumpkins
      – Siamese Dream CD, Russia 50999 2294622 5
      – Pisces Iscariot CD, Russia 50999 2165272 1
      – Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness CD, Russia 50999 5206992 1
      – MACHINA/the machines of god CD, Russia 50999 5107662 7
      – Greatest Hits {Rotten Apples} CD, Russia 50999 5076182 1
      – Zeitgeist CD, Russia 138620-2
      [/quote:1ea64deb]

Rawk On
      Mr. Benway

manillascissor
      Keymaster

part 2 was send to the spfreaks-headquarter:

Smashing Pumpkins
      – Siamese Dream CD, Russia 50999 2294622 5
      – Pisces Iscariot CD, Russia 50999 2165272 1
      – Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness CD, Russia 50999 5206992 1
      – MACHINA/the machines of god CD, Russia 50999 5107662 7
      – Greatest Hits {Rotten Apples} CD, Russia 50999 5076182 1
      – Zeitgeist CD, Russia 138620-2
      [/quote:1qbh42uu]

Rawk On
      Mr. Benway[/quote:1qbh42uu]

Cool. I wanted to buy all these recently, then failed to make any sort of payment for them. Oh well, all in good time.

Thanks for the photos!

Arthur
      Spectator

I have started uploading the incoming stuffs, and some of my own latest arrivals.

All numbers starting from 2575 ( http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2575 ) and beyond are the most recent uploads. As we speak I’m at http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2586 and in the upcoming weeks dozens and dozens more can be expected! 8)

Also you might want to follow this page:

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLMAIN

JamesIha
      Spectator

This is Greaty, Cool, fantastic and so on…………………..

Love to have a way to print this out in an easy printable way :-)

A way to insert number for the numbered stuff? (ex. SD wooden box)

And then I wonder if I’m totally blind me too…?

Adore with the VCD is it here? And I withdraw that question :-)
      Found it! But Hong Kong?
      http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=422

Thanks for this amazing coolest thing ever :-)

Arthur
      Spectator

Adore with the VCD is it here? And I withdraw that question :-)
      Found it! But Hong Kong?
      http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=422[/quote:1dl6ve5v]
      VCDs are typically Asian, and if I’m right, this one was mostly offered from Hong Kong (pressed in NL though, as the info shows on that link!). But well, any other suggestions?

JamesIha
      Spectator

Well I’m fine with Hong Kong. Just didn’t see any signs of that on my example.
      If I would go just for the numbers and codes I found I would think of Nederlands. But if the most were delivered from Hong Kong then its probably is that.

Or were you talking of suggestions for the \"my collection\" thing?

Arthur
      Spectator

Or were you talking of suggestions for the "my collection" thing?[/quote:3fez1cam]
      No, only if you have other suggestions for the country where the VCD was released. Maybe it was released elsewhere (too)?

Website suggestions should be put in the Support Forum elsewhere here, so RedWolf the tech guy can read it.

My copy of Adore + VCD comes in an extra plastic sleeve that says \"Hong Kong Records\".

Adore is just the European version (imported?), but the VCD says \"EMI\" so I doubt it was ever released in Europe. One would expect a Hut/Virgin release in Europe.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

What he said.

JamesIha
      Spectator

I saw now that the back of the Adore case says \"made in indonesia\"
      So there is a touch of Asia ;-)

Arthur
      Spectator

I saw now that the back of the Adore case says "made in indonesia"
      So there is a touch of Asia ;-)[/quote:3q877dbs]
      They can take any copy of Adore and add the VCD to it. Hard to determine which one is original.

I saw now that the back of the Adore case says "made in indonesia"
      So there is a touch of Asia ;-)[/quote:1kpcg4wc]
      I didn’t notice that on my copy. I thought mine said "made in the EU".

EAZYE121
      Spectator

Here is a recent find that I noticed is not listed here. Thought someone would like to add it.

EAZYE121
      Spectator

Got motivated….

Machina Promo (German, I think)

amnesia
      Spectator

Got motivated….

EAZYE121
      Spectator

Do you recall some of the differences?… I don’t want to listen to the whole thing.

amnesia
      Spectator

Do you recall some of the differences?… I don’t want to listen to the whole thing.[/quote:11zriuhe]

The Sacred And Profane.Different beginning
      The Imploding Voice . Slightly different beginning and some difference in the middel of the song.
      Wound. slightly different beginning
      Age Of Innocence. Is slighty longer

EAZYE121
      Spectator

You are spot on. There are some minor differences to the CD

That one is not a German promo.Its the US unmastered promo.I also own it.
      There some difference on some of the songs compare to the US mastered promo and the commercial releases.[/quote:39iadwnj]
      Are you sure it’s unmastered?
      If so, can you provide a full state-of-the-art rip in flac?
      If not, can you provide one track in flac, for example the first track?

Thank you.

I’ve been looking for an unmastered version of Machina for ages, and I’ve checked many promos, but not this one. The only unmastered version we have so far is a cd-r copy from an unknown promo, and while it’s very good, it’s not a perfect copy, as the first second or two of every track are missing. And the end of Try, Try, Try is missing.

It would be very awesome if this promo is the unmastered cd we’ve been looking for.

amnesia
      Spectator

That one is not a German promo.Its the US unmastered promo.I also own it.
      There some difference on some of the songs compare to the US mastered promo and the commercial releases.[/quote:3rpobv66]
      Are you sure it’s unmastered?
      If so, can you provide a full state-of-the-art rip in flac?
      If not, can you provide one track in flac, for example the first track?

Thank you.

I’ve been looking for an unmastered version of Machina for ages, and I’ve checked many promos, but not this one. The only unmastered version we have so far is a cd-r copy from an unknown promo, and while it’s very good, it’s not a perfect copy, as the first second or two of every track are missing. And the end of Try, Try, Try is missing.

It would be very awesome if this promo is the unmastered cd we’ve been looking for.[/quote:3rpobv66]

I encode the cd a while back,so i had the song on my laptop.I need to transfer the files to my workstation coz i dont have a ftp cilent on my laptop atm.I can pack it and upload the entire album for testing.Is that ok ?

EAZYE121
      Spectator

Here is a link to track 5.

[url:3gjapsy3]http://www.sendspace.com/file/whz8ev[/url:3gjapsy3]

Here is a link to track 5.

[url:9wlw5zf7]http://www.sendspace.com/file/whz8ev[/url:9wlw5zf7][/quote:9wlw5zf7]

Thanks!

I tested this track and it’s definitely mastered.

(See this thread on Netphoria for the full discussion: http://forums.netphoria.org/smashing-pu … -flac.html)

So yeah, no further uploads are needed. Thank you for participating, EAZYE121 and mayonaise! Much appreciated.

amnesia
      Spectator

Maybe you should check the entire album,to check the others song? The seller who sold me this one told me this was an unmastered cd of the Machina album and i kinda believe him. :)
      The seller was Kittykat, the fella who sold out his collection here on this forum.

nah. thanks, but no need for that. it’s not unmastered.

i’m sure he didn’t mean to lie, but it’s a mistake. a misunderstanding. incorrect information.

i also used to think that the promos with the alternate mixes for the sacred and profane and age of innocence were premasters, but we now know that’s not true. see long netphoria thread.

Pipoka
      Spectator

I was seeing your amazing collections when i remember to search for portuguese tickets and i saw that you don’t have any from Oeiras Alive Show on 2007.

Do you want me to scan mine? Is it rellevant?

If you want, tell me i will send you a scan

Arthur
      Spectator

Here is a recent find that I noticed is not listed here. Thought someone would like to add it.
      [/quote:wukp0e20]

Got motivated….
      [/quote:wukp0e20]
      Can we have these pics in their original (high) quality please? Send to spfreaks at gmail dot com, if you like! Nice material!

amnesia
      Spectator

Just updated my sell/trade list with a couple of cds if someone should be interested.

blueczarina
      Spectator

some pumpkins
      Spectator

my collection is growing! i just recieved the strange fruit/peel sessions 10”

but i could only find the test press version on the site. is it not up here or am i just blind?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

but i could only find the test press version on the site. is it not up here or am i just blind?[/quote:2avkxhvm]

it’s not there. i don’t own it. why not upload some pics??? :D

some pumpkins
      Spectator

but i could only find the test press version on the site. is it not up here or am i just blind?[/quote:1nl5t666]

it’s not there. i don’t own it. why not upload some pics??? :D[/quote:1nl5t666]

i dont have a scanner at home, but i may be able to get it done at work. is that your test press pic in the collection?

Thom
      Spectator

I submitted a bunch of 7\" scans a couple of years ago but up to now haven’t done the other stuff (living away from the collection). I’m going home soon though and I’ll get the info and pics for everything I have that’s not listed or doesn’t have images. You go ahead with your copy of strange fruit though.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i hope this works. here’s all my vinyls so far.

amnesia
      Spectator

Kick ass Pumpkin.Thats a great collection, really :D

amnesia
      Spectator

I see you got three 7 \" Tristessa.You got one of each color ?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

I see you got three 7 " Tristessa.You got one of each color ?[/quote:1xv3ez51]

two pink ones, and one black one. i wish i had the grey one!

i put these pictures in the wrong thread! im gonna repost later today in ”show off your goodies”

mr.benway
      Spectator

@SPFreaks: you’ve got mail:

Update 3

Magazines
      – Circus, US, September 1998 (with article scanned)
      – Il Mucchio, Italy, June 1998
      – Intro, Germany, October 1995
      – L’Indie, France, No.23 1996
      – Musica, Italy, January 2000
      – Paste, US, June 2005
      – Pulse, US or Canada?, September 1993 (with article scanned)
      – Pulse, US or Canada?, July 1998
      – Risen, US, November 2004
      – Rock Star, Italy, March 2000
      – Rolling Stone, Germany, August 2008 (supplement of the regular German Rolling Stone)

[/quote:2qwj5zpw]

Update 4

Commercial Bootlegs
      – Acoustic Melon Songs
      – Acousticollie And The Infinite Outtakes
      – Adoration
      – Benefit With Beautiful People
      – Gish Sessions
      – Smashed
      – The Aeroplane Flies High (2 CD)
      – There Is No God

[/quote:2qwj5zpw]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

@SPFreaks: you’ve got mail:

Update 3

Magazines
      – Circus, US, September 1998 (with article scanned)
      – Il Mucchio, Italy, June 1998
      – Intro, Germany, October 1995
      – L’Indie, France, No.23 1996
      – Musica, Italy, January 2000
      – Paste, US, June 2005
      – Pulse, US or Canada?, September 1993 (with article scanned)
      – Pulse, US or Canada?, July 1998
      – Risen, US, November 2004
      – Rock Star, Italy, March 2000
      – Rolling Stone, Germany, August 2008 (supplement of the regular German Rolling Stone)

[/quote:2aul3yn8]

Update 4

Commercial Bootlegs
      – Acoustic Melon Songs
      – Acousticollie And The Infinite Outtakes
      – Adoration
      – Benefit With Beautiful People
      – Gish Sessions
      – Smashed
      – The Aeroplane Flies High (2 CD)
      – There Is No God

[/quote:2aul3yn8][/quote:2aul3yn8]

Please post this in the "If you submit a new release…" thread, under the Collection Forum. Thanks.

mr.benway
      Spectator

Uhhh… right now i’m scanning my zwan cds…
      – Honestly, Germany Cardboard 2-trk
      – Honestly, Canada 2-trk
      – Honestly, Germany 3-trk
      – Honestly, US Promo
      – Lyric, Germany Cardboard, Promo
      – Lyric, US Promo

– True Poets Of Zwan
      – Tears Of Zwan
      – End Of Zwan
      – Post Pumpkins
      – Endless Summer
      – Acoustically

blueczarina
      Spectator

dang, you must be a fan of the Zwan :wink: it took me a long time to even buy MSOTS. :oops:

mr.benway
      Spectator

dang, you must be a fan of the Zwan :wink: it took me a long time to even buy MSOTS. :oops:[/quote:3pvdzbhg]
      uhhh… i’m a collector :wink:
      When i’ve heard the first songs from the November/December Shows in 2001 i was thrilled. Lots of good/great songs like ‘Chrysanthenum’, ‘The Empty Sea’, ‘Cast A Stone’, ‘Glorious’. Compared to these Shows (and Songs) MSOTS was a little disappointment. From time to time i’m listening to the Cafe de la Danse Concert, with some wonderful songs: ‘Love Lies In Ruins’, ‘Riverview’, ‘Friends And Lovers’.

Arthur
      Spectator

uhhh… i’m a collector :wink:
      When i’ve heard the first songs from the November/December Shows in 2001 i was thrilled. Lots of good/great songs like ‘Chrysanthenum’, ‘The Empty Sea’, ‘Cast A Stone’, ‘Glorious’. Compared to these Shows (and Songs) MSOTS was a little disappointment. From time to time i’m listening to the Cafe de la Danse Concert, with some wonderful songs: ‘Love Lies In Ruins’, ‘Riverview’, ‘Friends And Lovers’.[/quote:197ysyul]
      You probably like the BBC recordings too? I do… Spilled Milk & yes, Riverview, are giving me the shivers! 8)

And I love that acoustic cover of Iron Maiden on the first single: Number Of The Beast. Awesome!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skiUUrYxZeA[/youtube]

mr.benway
      Spectator

You probably like the BBC recordings too? I do… Spilled Milk & yes, Riverview, are giving me the shivers! 8)

And I love that acoustic cover of Iron Maiden on the first single: Number Of The Beast. Awesome!
      [/quote:146wchzf]
      Me too, me too… 8)

And the SPFreaks got mail!

Update 5:
      Zwan
      – Honestly, Germany Cardboard 2-trk
      – Honestly, Canada 2-trk
      – Honestly, Germany 3-trk
      – Honestly, US Promo
      – Lyric, Germany Cardboard, Promo
      – Lyric, US Promo

– True Poets Of Zwan
      – Tears Of Zwan
      – End Of Zwan
      – Post Pumpkins
      – Endless Summer
      – Acoustically
      [/quote:146wchzf]

mr.benway
      Spectator

Coming soon:

Booties from Eastern Europe / Russia
      – All Stars Presents
      – Alternative Collection
      – Music History
      – Music World – The Smashing Pumpkins
      – (The Smashing Pumpkins 1) Studio Albums 1989 – 2000 , MP3
      – (The Smashing Pumpkins 2) Singles, MP3
      – Smashing Pumpkins – Album Collection, MP3

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I’m probably being stupid,but………………..(common john statement) :? …………..

Is there a way of finding out-

If there is an item you have that someone wants?

Or…

If someone has an item you want?

Without looking through all the ‘want’,’for sale/trade’ listings.

I’m guessing that if an individual wants a specific item from you specifically,then a Pm is in order?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Or…

I’m guessing that if an individual wants a specific item from you specifically,then a Pm is in order?[/quote:3hefzvih]

No, I think it’s automated. Ask Arthur to explain.

Caveat: It will be long-winded, you’ll have to read betwixt da lines.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Or…

I’m guessing that if an individual wants a specific item from you specifically,then a Pm is in order?[/quote:10gs0al4]

No, I think it’s automated. Ask Arthur to explain.

Caveat: It will be long-winded, you’ll have to read betwixt da lines.[/quote:10gs0al4]

If it’s automated,i’m totally lost,which is what i thought,as i have seen/heard ‘ZERO’!

Arthur
      Spectator

It’s easy. If you come across an item that you have on your wantlist (or are thinking of putting on your wantlist) then you can check the numbers at Wanted / Offers. For example, check the list of official cds.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLINDEX&cat=3

On top there is this \"20 Explosive Dynamic Super Smash Hit Explosions!\" cd, and in the right column it says \"2 wanted I 0 offers\". If you have logged in, you can click on the words \"2 wanted\" and in the next screen you’ll see which members want it… If everything is working properly, then the persons mentioned at wanted AND offers on the same item get automated emails every night.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

It’s easy. If you come across an item that you have on your wantlist (or are thinking of putting on your wantlist) then you can check the numbers at Wanted / Offers. For example, check the list of official cds.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLINDEX&cat=3

On top there is this "20 Explosive Dynamic Super Smash Hit Explosions!" cd, and in the right column it says "2 wanted I 0 offers". If you have logged in, you can click on the words "2 wanted" and in the next screen you’ll see which members want it… If everything is working properly, then the persons mentioned at wanted AND offers on the same item get automated emails every night.[/quote:2pkskk3g]

That’s kinda why i was asking,thanks! :wink:

There seems to be items that i want that other people have and i’ve never received any emails,though. :?

Arthur
      Spectator

There seems to be items that i want that other people have and i’ve never received any emails,though. :?[/quote:25d6di1z]
      I’ve send an email about this to the tech guy.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Good man,thanks!

I’m so computer illiterate,i sometimes think i’m noticing a problem that doesn’t actualy exist(all the time).

(as often as i see dead people!). :twisted:

Arthur
      Spectator

Should be solved now, the tech guy says. :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

(as often as i see dead people!). :twisted:[/quote:3f9ochde]

you might need a counselor or a priest for that problem though ^^ :wink:

RedWolf
      Spectator

Hi Folks,

Last couple of months no email is delivered by the email option in MyCollection because of a mallfuction in the email server settings.

A user discovered it and send Arthur a message about it. After testing I could discover the mallfunction. I set the right settings so the website can email again.

And if someone thinks, why on earth I didn’t get any response when I contacted a collector for trading, well, here is your answer :wink:

King of Gloom
      Spectator

EDIT: Oops, wrong topic! Sorry!

Viewing 127 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.