Viewing 767 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

just wondering what the spfreaks are listening to. doesnt have to be pumpkins, but it should be.

on the way to work i listened to mellon collie disk 1, then jellybelly again, an ode to no one again, and here is no why.

during work time (i get to drive sometimes) i put in the judas o cd and listened to saturnine (i fucking love this version), marquis in spades, blissed and gone, lucky 13, and my mistake. then i put in my machina 2 booty and listened to slow dawn and dross.

on the way home i put on mellon collie disk 1 and listened to jellybelly, an ode to no one, muzzle and porcelina. then listened to gish twice. \"im going crazy…. motherfuckin crazy\" lol

im a cd person. i haven’t embraced mp3 players yet.

Anonymous
      Spectator

well effective tomorrow I get my car back to drive, since the other vehicle is getting fixed!
      That mean SP for me again in the car.
      As for cd’s in my car I listen too Gish MCIS Superchrist and Pisces are the cd’s in my car.
      I need to buy more cd’s for burning..they get scratched up (potholes on the road) and my oldest uses them like crazy
      As for MP3’s I think I just need to spend a few days burning more songs after I buy more disks…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

dark side of the moon

some pumpkins
      Spectator

dark side of the moon[/quote:2iqqsyci]

nice! i used to put that on all the time to go to sleep to

Anonymous
      Spectator

well I listened to music for children today using rhythm sticks :lol:
      it really wasn’t that good to be honest :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

dark side of the moon[/quote:6dejt4to]

nice! i used to put that on all the time to go to sleep to[/quote:6dejt4to]

i used to smoke pot and watch wizard of oz to it. ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

dark side of the moon[/quote:1ov9gjd3]

nice! i used to put that on all the time to go to sleep to[/quote:1ov9gjd3]

i used to smoke pot and watch wizard of oz to it. ;)[/quote:1ov9gjd3]

i love you guys :lol: the stuff you post, lol

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m currently listening to my ipod on shuffle. so its been a mix of lots of pumpkins and some other stuff. currently its Time Is Running Out by Muse.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

muse! fuck yes.

listening to sawdust, the killers. greatness.

and blue, i was honest about the pink floyd-dsotm/wizard of oz connection. if you’ve never done it, get fucked up and do it.

it’s mind blowing.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

muse! fuck yes.

listening to sawdust, the killers. greatness.

and blue, i was honest about the pink floyd-dsotm/wizard of oz connection. if you’ve never done it, get fucked up and do it.

it’s mind blowing.[/quote:23zjgd3d]

that’s a well known fact in my circle. a lot of my friends have done it and they say its really cool. ive done all three, just not at the same time yet. i did manage once, back in the day, to get like 5 of my friends together and eat some shrooms and put on willy wonka and the chocolate factory. good times! oompa loompa doopadee doo

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha :lol:

i will listen to the music, but i’m afraid i will pass on the pot and the singing munchkins. :lol: :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

beside the mighty SP i have been listening to Manson and Zeppelin a lot and currently Zeppelin.

blueczarina
      Spectator

doing some moving Arthur? :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOnlG2DtySA[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

very nice :lol: :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

Im also a cd person, well thats when im driving my car.There im listing to mostly SP and NIN and every now and then The Doors…..this is the end, beautiful freind.This is the end, my only freind, the end …..i Fucking love that song!!Anyway at home, i boost up my winamp while working.I got a Ipod though, but i only use it when im out running and that doesnt happiend that offen anymore :oops:

i have never done the dark side/wizard thingy… maybe i will try it… cept i would rather get drunk than high :lol:

i have been listening to the sp show from the Pyramid in Memphis back in 1996. it was cool that archive site had it posted. i have been so curious as to what actually happened at that show. billy had a rant and they cut the show short. but it still sounded like they gave a great performance.

Anonymous
      Spectator

that’s a well known fact in my circle. a lot of my friends have done it and they say its really cool. ive done all three, just not at the same time yet. i did manage once, back in the day, to get like 5 of my friends together and eat some shrooms and put on willy wonka and the chocolate factory. good times! oompa loompa doopadee doo[/quote:2f783l7u]

I’ve got another puzzle for you :D Oh snaps…LOL
      I totally did that like 12 years ago and then drove my car somewhere after watching Willy Wonka at home and thought I had a flat tire, so I kept stopping to check to see if my car had a flat and it never did :lol:
      wasn’t the boat ride to Willy Wonkas factory (when the show all that crazy stuff) just trippy!!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i have never done the dark side/wizard thingy… maybe i will try it… cept i would rather get drunk than high :lol:

i have been listening to the sp show from the Pyramid in Memphis back in 1996. it was cool that archive site had it posted. i have been so curious as to what actually happened at that show. billy had a rant and they cut the show short. but it still sounded like they gave a great performance.[/quote:1sr0i4vq]

what was the rant about?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

that’s a well known fact in my circle. a lot of my friends have done it and they say its really cool. ive done all three, just not at the same time yet. i did manage once, back in the day, to get like 5 of my friends together and eat some shrooms and put on willy wonka and the chocolate factory. good times! oompa loompa doopadee doo[/quote:2cmjdugw]

I’ve got another puzzle for you :D Oh snaps…LOL
      I totally did that like 12 years ago and then drove my car somewhere after watching Willy Wonka at home and thought I had a flat tire, so I kept stopping to check to see if my car had a flat and it never did :lol:
      wasn’t the boat ride to Willy Wonkas factory (when the show all that crazy stuff) just trippy!![/quote:2cmjdugw]

hell yeah. that was an intense moment. i liked when the oompa loompas were singing their songs and the words were moving around on the screen. "you know exactly who is to …..blame"

billy said they had thought about canceling the show because it didn’t sell as many tickets as the other shows had, but they didn’t cancel because that would not be fair to those who had bought tickets. and he said the crowd was too quiet and it was making them nervous and he said you’re too quiet either because we suck or because you suck, but most likely it’s because we suck.

i didn’t get to go to that show but my friend did, and she refused to go see them in october because of what billy said at that show. so i was curious to hear exactly what he said. i couldn’t believe they had that show on the archive.

i can understand how b felt though, he pours his heart into his music and he just wants people to like it.
      he is not afraid to voice his opinion.

blueczarina
      Spectator

can someone post a link. i want to hear the show.

http://www.archive.org/details/tsp1996-11-22.flac16

his rant is during the end of porcelina

it still sounded like it was a pretty good show though

watch wizard of oz to it. ;)[/quote:s5x31pke]

it really does match it up. you have to start the tape or cd when the lion roars though, or it doesn’t work. i did this sober, i would be afraid of the movie fucked up. but will farell movies are AWESOME when you are messed up, specially Old School, that is one funny ass movie.

i haven’t listned to anything today, just the tv, i did watch anthony bordain, he is kinda hot. and no i am not fucked up right now.

though i would like to be. just a sugar high, i am drinking my first pop of the day.

blueczarina
      Spectator

thanks Rose :wink:

and i have actually never drank or done drugs. i guess i figure i’m fucked up enough without the help of such things. :lol: :wink:

well don’t start, cause that leaves more for me. jk really.

it is not good to start, i don’t do either that often, unless it is a halucinigenic drug, cause those are the best, but it has been at least 10 years since i have done any of those. and drinking, i don’t do often cause i have a weak liver. if i drink to often i can ruin it, so i don’t. plus hangovers are the worst. like the flu then you died and was brought back to life only to suffer.

yeah, i hate hangovers, i have had some awful ones! but i still like to drink, not all the time though! :P

I’ve been listening to Placebo far too much than is probably healthy for my sanity/sexuality. Particularly their first album.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

im stuck on judas o and gish

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m so addicted to Gish right now

TFE :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

well don’t start, cause that leaves more for me. jk really. [/quote:37lbulhh]

I’ve been listening to Placebo far too much than is probably healthy for my sanity/sexuality. Particularaly their first album.[/quote:37lbulhh]

i have to laugh at both of those. :lol:

i promise i won’t start and you need to watch yourself superlord. :P

i love Gish too. i’m liking Muse right now though.

Tion
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AsId-qVIb4[/youtube]

auuuu-u—auuuu-u… :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

Gish is legend, I hear something new in it each play.

Today I crashed out with a huge dose of MCIS, both discs back-to-back.

Filter or Scissorfight are gaining most-played status in general though. :)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

could you take my picture, cuz i wont remember

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Willie Nelson – Essential Hits

Particularly:

City of New Orleans
      Going to Memphis
      Nothing I can do About it Now

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Oh and cycling through some retro/new Daft Punk. My son digs it, esp. Robot Rock.

A listened to a lot of bands you wouldn’t have heard of.

T’was goood :)

AGH, happy and sad.

blueczarina
      Spectator

T’was goood :)[/quote:38qjobje]

if you tell us and provide links then we will have heard of them. :wink:

Pipoka
      Spectator

Stellar

I love this song

T’was goood :)[/quote:pq7kks82]

if you tell us and provide links then we will have heard of them. :wink:[/quote:pq7kks82]

Not at time of writing though. Also, I think I recommended some of them in the Recommend a band thread.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

yesterday it took me forever to get home. i listened to mcis disc 1, judas o, machina 2 disc 2 (my bootleg copy), and gish. it was gishtastic!

Arthur
      Spectator

yesterday it took me forever to get home. i listened to mcis disc 1, judas o, machina 2 disc 2 (my bootleg copy), and gish. it was gishtastic![/quote:1g8vto1g]
      You… are a freak, my dear fellow SPfreak. :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

yesterday it took me forever to get home. i listened to mcis disc 1, judas o, machina 2 disc 2 (my bootleg copy), and gish. it was gishtastic![/quote:2ebilmml]
      You… are a freak, my dear fellow SPfreak. :P[/quote:2ebilmml]

indeed :lol: :P :wink:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

yesterday it took me forever to get home. i listened to mcis disc 1, judas o, machina 2 disc 2 (my bootleg copy), and gish. it was gishtastic![/quote:2o3v1rq5]
      You… are a freak, my dear fellow SPfreak. :P[/quote:2o3v1rq5]

indeed :lol: :P :wink:[/quote:2o3v1rq5]

thank you, thank you

blueczarina
      Spectator

your very welcome :lol:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

yesterday morning, i got throught half of gish, and then my batteries died. :(

going home it was the zero ep, ”the friends and enemies of modern music\" bootleg, and a few from mellon collie 2 (through the eyes of ruby better make it through the next game)

this morning, it was mellon collie disc 2 again, \"zero gravity\" bootleg, and bury me, suffer and window paine from gish

amnesia
      Spectator

I went through Adore, Machina, Zeitgeist today.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yesterday morning, i got throught half of gish, and then my batteries died. :(

going home it was the zero ep, ”the friends and enemies of modern music" bootleg, and a few from mellon collie 2 (through the eyes of ruby better make it through the next game)

this morning, it was mellon collie disc 2 again, "zero gravity" bootleg, and bury me, suffer and window paine from gish[/quote:lnloi819]

still keeping your title of SPfreak i see :lol:

i listened to Zeitgeist this morning. now i am listening to the sounds of office chatter, people typing, printers, blah blah blah. i feel blah. don’t know why.

Anonymous
      Spectator

T’was goood :)[/quote:2s9tdj4d]

Stabbing Westward. :idea:

i have heard of them.

Anonymous
      Spectator

i listened to Zeitgeist this morning. now i am listening to the sounds of office chatter, people typing, printers, blah blah blah. i feel blah. don’t know why.[/quote:tqmhykpj]
      because you don’t have SP in your ears at work ;)

yeah really! lol. they used to let us listen to music at our desks but we are not allowed to anymore. it’s so stupid. but they let us listen for only one week a year, the week of Christmas. and we are suposed to be listening to Christmas music but fuk that, they don’t know what’s in my headphones… it will be pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins! but it’s kind of a tease because just when you start to get used to working with music again, they take it away.

Tion
      Spectator

no musik at work sucks.
      for sure.

so i run to the toilette every hour, not to pee, but to listen to a
      pumpkins song from my i pod. :lol:

\"yeah, boss, its cold and i had to much coffee…..\" :lol:

:lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I need to go get some new headphones for my ipod-mine broke :cry:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

no musik at work sucks.
      for sure.

"yeah, boss, its cold and i had to much coffee….." :lol:[/quote:16u8wc6b]

that’s fucking hilarious. i work in a showroom. we always have the independant commercial free jazz radio staion on. i cant complain here. thats how i got into miles davis.

Pipoka
      Spectator

no musik at work sucks.
      for sure.

"yeah, boss, its cold and i had to much coffee….." :lol:[/quote:1bo559s9]

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah really! lol. they used to let us listen to music at our desks but we are not allowed to anymore. it’s so stupid. but they let us listen for only one week a year, the week of Christmas. and we are suposed to be listening to Christmas music but fuk that, they don’t know what’s in my headphones… it will be pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins! but it’s kind of a tease because just when you start to get used to working with music again, they take it away.[/quote:ewy4s3gs]

its called Christmastime- put it on repeat. then you can have both Christmas and Billy all day. plus i think he sang Rudolph once too and maybe another Christmas song.

see there are pumpkiny solutions! :wink:

Tion
      Spectator

its called Christmastime- put it on repeat. then you can have both Christmas and Billy all day. plus i think he sang Rudolph once too and maybe another Christmas song.

see there are pumpkiny solutions! :wink:[/quote:3r95qurt]

jeah, the Rudolph song with that funny guitar sound from james. thats so christmas for me :D

see there are pumpkiny solutions! :wink:[/quote:ywsrcira]

yeah there we go! :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

they actually played Christmastime a lot at JCPenney last Christmas. every time it came on i was all holy crap its the pumpkins :P

that’s cool! if i was in jcpenney and i heard the pumpkins i would probably be like woah! lol

blueczarina
      Spectator

i was surprised by it i must say and i heard it a bunch too. :wink: it was pretty nice.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Penney’s playing Pumpkins…
      Only in Montana :lol:
      I could only wish to hear it hear in any damn store…

It seems the state I live is stuck on the hits here.. Billy must know that and that is why he isn’t playing here maybe?
      Fucking Minnesotans :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i actually heard the SP in the store that Christmas more times than i ever heard them on the radio since the 90’s :lol:

Nothing yet but the neighbor’s weather report. But soon I will listen to more of Ingrid Michaelson, sent to me by someone who kicks total musical katookis. Thanks!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ve never heard of that person. :wink: what kind of music is it RTC?

and the only thing i get to hear today is screaming and whining. :lol: :wink: and the horrible country music on the country music channel on the tv in the waiting room, which thank god will be drowned out by the screaming and the whining. :roll: :wink:

Vocal/Guitar and maybe some piano? Simple lyrics, but cool. Not too SP-esque though!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i might look it up when i have time.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Zwan – Mary Star of the Sea, followed by some Muse.

blueczarina
      Spectator

bloc party

Pipoka
      Spectator

i don’t know what’s wrong with me, but muse doesn’t make the \"clic\"…. i like some songs but i’m not mad about them…

today i was really into hummer and luna :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i love Muse myself. i could listen to them for hours.

have you heard all of their albums Pip?

Pipoka
      Spectator

i love Muse myself. i could listen to them for hours.

have you heard all of their albums Pip?[/quote:3k95ew47]

nope
      maybe i listen to the wrong one :lol:

i can’t remember the name… maybe showbiz?

Which one is the best in your opinion?

I should give them a second chance :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i like them all myself. there is Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry, Absolution, and Black Holes and Revelations.

i like the two early ones a lot, but they might be a tad Radiohead. i don’t know. they are great albums though. i listen to them a lot.

maybe you should check out Absolution and Black Holes though. they are awesome albums too, but perhaps a little better. i like everything on both pretty much. they are pretty kick ass.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyG7C_AfRdo&feature=related[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

hahaha nice way to make someone feel old..put on Phil

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, that vid is a little dated :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

It’s very dated, you see that balding mullet????

But, the song is out of this world. To me anyway.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m not that big on Phil. plus the hair and the clothes- the stuff of nightmares if you ask me. :shock: :wink:

i’m still listening to Bloc Party today. i did listen to some SP and Manson though earlier.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I like Phil..he’s got a kick ass voice..remember the Genesis days and the drumming/singing..
      Jimmy, paging Jimmy, where’s your song?
      My uncle was a BIG Phil fan, so I was always having to listen in his car on his 8 track

Spyro The Dragon soundtrack.

Fuck yeah.

8)

Arthur
      Spectator

i like them all myself. there is Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry, Absolution, and Black Holes and Revelations.[/quote:2k01otum]
      You forgot Hullaboo Soundtrack (2cd set with b-sides and a live concert recorded on October 28 & 29 2001 at Le Zenith in Paris, France). Nice rarity.

And HAARP came out this year, but I didn’t buy that one yet… My favourite is Origin of Symmetry, but I like them all to be honest. Almost no bad song to be found on any Muse album, to my opinion…

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, yeah. i forgot those ones.

and i agree- pretty much no bad song much like our SP. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

oh, yeah. i forgot those ones.

and i agree- pretty much no bad song much like our SP. :wink:[/quote:1bkpo4gl]
      Chapeau! 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

My ears are treated with Speed Kills from the Halloween 2008 performance. Man, what a cool song! :shock:

Anonymous
      Spectator

haha I listened to that last night ;) Good song choice Arthur
      I had to do mega transfers of music last night and still have a ton more to do and organize my itunes as well. Today I will listen to Adore on my way to work-or Machina

Anonymous
      Spectator

Twas Machina

some pumpkins
      Spectator

frosty heidi and frank. all day.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ve been listening to that benefit concert the SP did with Manson. its pretty awesome. plus some Bloc Party. and you can laugh at me but i’ve been listening to some techno/ electronica stuff too from some music podcasts i downloaded. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

now i’m in a Muse mood. :P

Pipoka
      Spectator

now i’m in a Muse mood. :P[/quote:13zuqykc]

and i’m listening the songs that you, manilla and arthur posted on the other thread ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

excellent :wink: perhaps we can win you over :P

mr.benway
      Spectator

And Now for Something Completely Different

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The Fantomas Melvins Big Band Live from London – Night Goat
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLV_fDi0Ozw[/youtube]

And don’t try this at home. HARHAR

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I am listening to a live show from the 20th anniversary and this Ginger and her violin is giving me goosebumps I am waiting for the song to pop on…ho hum still waiting, now it’s the horns section, but it’s really good. Reminds me of Rocket so, maybe that was it, now it cut into galapogos…I’m not sure which 20th this is though as it’s on my ipod and I am not looking it up currently…

some pumpkins
      Spectator

cool song mr. benway. you can never have too many drummers! just ask slipknot. not my favorite style of singing, however. they seem like they make a huge wall of sound live.

i listened to a bunch of sp shows lastnight. 12/16/96 thanks to (dazey), 10/18/97, 10/19/97, 11/29/2000, and 11/30/2008

Anonymous
      Spectator

in regards to my post above
      it was Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness 11/07/2008

manillascissor
      Keymaster

QOTSA – DVD

mr.benway
      Spectator

cool song mr. benway. you can never have too many drummers! just ask slipknot. not my favorite style of singing, however. they seem like they make a huge wall of sound live.
      [/quote:3j6rjmz9]
      that’s a more "conventional", "metal-sounding" song with king buzzo and mike patton singing. and there a more experimental, noisy songs only with mike patton on vocals. crazy. and yes, two drummers are great, espcially when these drummers are dave lombardo & dale crover.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

[/quote:19img5u9]
      that’s a more "conventional", "metal-sounding" song with king buzzo and mike patton singing. and there a more experimental, noisy songs only with mike patton on vocals. crazy. and yes, two drummers are great, espcially when these drummers are dave lombardo & dale crover.[/quote:19img5u9]

i didnt even notice that mike patton was in there. im a big mr. bungle fan

amnesia
      Spectator

Came across a good song on youtube, its a guy call Tomas Halberstad, anybody knows who he is? Check out the song,if you like Electronic music you might like it.The ending of the song just sucks ass, rest is decent.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dozoi0FULUk[/youtube]

pixies – at the bbc
      joy division – still (remastered + bonus cd)

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I’ve been listening to the Across the Universe soundtrack of Beatles song remakes for the movie

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’ve been listening to the Across the Universe soundtrack of Beatles song remakes for the movie[/quote:1jcdbfta]

That’s a good one. :)

Stone Roses here.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m listening to Mellon Collie- had to after i heard that snip of BWBW in the other thread. before that it was JCC and yes i finally bought the CD so i don’t have to feel the shame anymore. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7DRq7_5sQs&feature=related[/youtube]

This song always makes me happy and completely sad at the same time. I fucking love it.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Some Pink Floyd & the Beatles this morning…and SP after I was done with those..

Pipoka
      Spectator

Feist, a canadian singer. i really like her

the wind, the snow, crying and XM.

Anonymous
      Spectator

nothing yet, but I am bringing my ipod to work for my break and if I am lucky I can have it on while I work. If all goes right…

so far today:
      deus – vantage point
      arctic monkeys – favourite worst nightmare
      pantera – cowboys from hell
      the beatles – revolver
      the knife – silent shout

Anonymous
      Spectator

oh yes…I was listening to some SP at work (on my ipod)

Denali – The Instinct
      P.H.O.B.O.S. – Tectonics

amnesia
      Spectator

I ran through all the Silent Hill OST yet again.The movie kicks ass, so do the games. :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Killers – Sawdust

I ran through all the Silent Hill OST yet again.The movie kicks ass, so do the games. :P[/quote:2l8y7o28]

Videogame soundtracks just don’t get the respect they deserve, do they?

amnesia
      Spectator

Videogame soundtracks just don’t get the respect they deserve, do they?[/quote:1p5ka8xz]

No they dont, even though all the Silent Hill OSTs are great, maybe dark, but still some are very beautiful.

Today I’m starting the day with the TAFH box. Now playing: the BWBW single, Clones (We’re All)

Lots of sweetness to come… 8)

amnesia
      Spectator

Today I’m starting the day with the TAFH box. Now playing: the BWBW single, Clones (We’re All)

Lots of sweetness to come… 8)[/quote:jaf6ju1q]

A most pleasant way to start the day. :wink:

Now playing: The Aeroplane Flies High
      Oh boy, I love that solo. 8)

amnesia
      Spectator

The Aeroplane Flies High is soooo fucking nice. 8)

Im listening to Soundgarden-Down on the Upside now

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

This song always makes me happy and completely sad at the same time. I fucking love it.[/quote:18wlkb1h]

i ADORE THIS BAND!!!!!!!!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i ADORE THIS BAND!!!!!!!![/quote:9vmn8069]

me too! squeeze!

omg he’s singing about clapham junction i have been there!!!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

here’s today’s playlist. i think it would be a cool show to see :!:

g.l.o.w. (12-2-08)
      99 floors (12-3-08)
      as rome burns (12-3-08)
      superchrist (12-2-08)
      im doing the best i can (residency ’07)
      no surrender (residency ’07)
      owata (11-30-08)
      speed kills (12-2-08)
      heavy metal machine (12-2-08)
      glass’ theme (12-2-08)
      once upon a time (12-2-08)
      again, again, again (12-2-08)
      so very sad about us
      depresso
      unknown instrumental
      wound (acoustic demo version)
      glass and the ghost children (acoustic demo version)
      here i am
      cherub rock (11-30-08)
      zero (11-30-08)
      i of the mourning (12-3-08)
      a song for a son (12-3-08)
      33 (final metro show)
      tonight, tonight (final metro show)
      siva (final metro show)
      fuck you (final metro show)
      drown (final metro show)
      starla (final metro show)

haha i just noticed that a 8 + ) = 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

here’s today’s playlist. i think it would be a cool show to see :!: [/quote:27wg9p1d]
      VERY cool.

I have plugged in the Belgium compilation album Afrekening 45, and playing it loud. What a good set of tracks! And a little treat to be expected on CD2! :wink:

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I’ve been on a bit of a post-punk trip lately…..though thats actually pretty common with me, it’s my fave genre :P
      So lots of :

Joy Division
      The Chameleons
      The Au Pairs
      Modern Eon
      The Comsat Angels
      The Fall
      The Cure (pre ’85 stuff)
      U2 (first 2 albums)
      Wire
      The Asociates
      Interpol
      The Flaws
      Cabaret Voltaire

blueczarina
      Spectator

that looks like a cool CD Arthur and a kick ass playlist some pumpkins. :)

i don’t know what i’m in to right now. i guess i have been listening to Radiohead, Franz Ferdinand (renewed interest due to the new album coming in a few weeks), some electronica stuff, and SP as always.

plus i have been trying to track down all the old songs that i liked but forgot about- rock stuff mostly.

Arthur
      Spectator

I have changed the Belgium compilation for a US compilation promo called Moods: Dark. Awesome.

And again a little treat to expect on CD2. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

noooo, never sold :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m not listening to Superchrist. I swear that is my favorite SP song…I don’t what it is,but that song just kick ass!! It has evolved from the AOL session into a kick ass Epic song!!!
      Must go listen to my favorite version of it now…The October 31, 2008 performance is top notch!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

it is a kick ass song to be sure. the video tainted it for awhile for me, :? but i love the song a lot now. :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m one of those who liked the video-
      I don’t know, I could listen to that song quite a few times in a row.

blueczarina
      Spectator

you liked the vid? huh… i thought it was a little crappy. i like the band. i like the song, but not the vid. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I don’t know I get why people don’t like it, but I thought it was funny..And I can appreciate the old hippy guy as I crossed paths with many through out the years :lol:

I wish they would release actual lyrics of the song..I could guess by now..but sometimes when you listen it makes you think of yet another word instead of what you once thought it was…CRAZY.
      But that’s another reason why I like it so much-leaves you wondering

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’ve been listening to Hole today. :) :oops:

Over the years, I’ve somehow failed to bother, so they’re like a new band now. Who be that redhead Bassist?

Courtney Love… Sounds familiar… Wonder if her favourite drink’s Dave Grolsch?

blueczarina
      Spectator

some pumpkins
      Spectator

I’m not listening to Superchrist. I swear that is my favorite SP song…I don’t what it is,but that song just kick ass!! It has evolved from the AOL session into a kick ass Epic song!!!
      Must go listen to my favorite version of it now…The October 31, 2008 performance is top notch!![/quote:26tze3vj]

it really is a cool ass song! i think nothing can compare to how in your face, bone-crushingly heavy that song is, when you see it played live. you can feel the heavyness just take over your body.

Anonymous
      Spectator

hell yeah! I love it live at a show-it’s mind/body blowing

Danni
      Spectator

just wondering what the spfreaks are listening to. doesnt have to be pumpkins, but it should be.

on the way to work i listened to mellon collie disk 1, then jellybelly again, an ode to no one again, and here is no why.

during work time (i get to drive sometimes) i put in the judas o cd and listened to saturnine (i fucking love this version), marquis in spades, blissed and gone, lucky 13, and my mistake. then i put in my machina 2 booty and listened to slow dawn and dross.

on the way home i put on mellon collie disk 1 and listened to jellybelly, an ode to no one, muzzle and porcelina. then listened to gish twice. "im going crazy…. motherfuckin crazy" lol

im a cd person. i haven’t embraced mp3 players yet.[/quote:1d91omuj]

Oh well, I listened to Surferosa’s debut album, the watched Pink Floyd’s PULSE dvd (it totally kicks ass!) then put on my Tristessa 12" (Sub Pop version) then some Chainsaw Kittens, then I ran the whole thing backwards! :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

This song always makes me happy and completely sad at the same time. I fucking love it.[/quote:lc553lj3]

This song is absolute great, heard it for the first time today, and now i heard it 3 times so far. :D

some pumpkins
      Spectator

on the way home i put on mellon collie disk 1 and listened to jellybelly, an ode to no one, muzzle and porcelina. then listened to gish twice. "im going crazy…. motherfuckin crazy" lol

im a cd person. i haven’t embraced mp3 players yet.[/quote:iij9t7kx]

Oh well, I listened to Surferosa’s debut album, the watched Pink Floyd’s PULSE dvd (it totally kicks ass!) then put on my Tristessa 12" (Sub Pop version) then some Chainsaw Kittens, then I ran the whole thing backwards! :wink:[/quote:iij9t7kx]

ive since purchased a mini laptop with tons of space. ive now embraced the downloading generation!

amnesia
      Spectator

Nine Inch Nails-Pretty Hate Machine
      Nine Inch Nails-The Downward Spiral
      Nine Inch Nails-The Fragile

This Will Destroy You – Self Titled

(AAAARGH WHY THE FUCK DOES POST ROCK HAVE TO BE SO DAMN GOOD AAAAARGHSASDFGHJKL)

arcade fire – arcade fire
      sufjan stevens – the avalanche
      pixies – come on pilgrim

blueczarina
      Spectator

AAAARGH WHY THE FUCK DOES POST ROCK HAVE TO BE SO DAMN GOOD AAAAARGHSASDFGHJKl[/quote:3tbqaukl]

that’s life Superlord :lol:

i like that stuff too. :wink:

so far today:
      my morning jacket – evil urges
      joy division – the best of joy division & the complete bbc recordings
      the breeders – pod
      deus – worst case scenario

Anonymous
      Spectator

While a-waitin’ for the new CSI shows to start, I’m rockin’ with Filter’s ‘Welcome To The Fold’ single. :twisted:

well, i listened to sean paul, scissor sisters, the atari’s, and some ozzy. you gotta love the ozz man.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT8maUTzE48[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

IAGW

blueczarina
      Spectator

Franz Ferdinand’s new album- it got leaked on the 10th :twisted:

its really good though and i will totally buy the deluxe 2 disc version when it comes out on the 27th. :wink: i think i might have to order it from jolly Old England though- damn American stores that don’t carry British editions of albums. :?

oooh i love franz ferdinand.

Anonymous
      Spectator

My 3 year old trying to sing Mayonaise

some pumpkins
      Spectator

My 3 year old trying to sing Mayonaise[/quote:1ut4qjpz]

aww

manillascissor
      Keymaster

the fragile – disc one (so far)

blueczarina
      Spectator

My 3 year old trying to sing Mayonaise[/quote:2anzrx4c]

that’s cute! a little pumpkinhead 8)

and i love Franz Ferdinand too bullet. i recently started gathering up the rest of their stuff- singles, b-sides, a few demos, etc.- and i have to say its all pretty good.

Marcella
      Spectator

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=P-6YnZuvsLY

Can’t stop listening to this song. T_T

manillascissor
      Keymaster

this is the song i keep listening to:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cwvyEODz8o&feature=related[/youtube]

This Will Destroy You – Young Mountain

It (finally) arrived in the post today. It’s fucking awesome.

I’m listening to my 2.5 month old \"talk\"….all day long.

Kuumar
      Spectator

Bon Iver – For Emma

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I’ve been listening to the new Eagles of Death Metal and new Franz Ferdinand all day (bought them this morning), really enjoying both :)
      Probably E0DM a bit more though.

More Deerhoof, and The Go! Team’s ‘Thunder, Lightning, Strike’.

Damn that is a fun record.

blueczarina
      Spectator

new Franz Ferdinand all day (bought them this morning), really enjoying both :)[/quote:2pov8jyj]

i’m listening to the new Franz now. i’ve been on a Franz kick actually plus i recently went a digging to get all their b-sides, some demos, etc. good stuff :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

I am an Sp fan and that is mainly what I listen to so on that note I am trying to listen to the Zeitgeist album right now, but had to pause it thanks to my hubby wanting to yap :evil:

blueczarina
      Spectator

thats crap reggae!

i’m an SP fan first and foremost (of course!), :P after that i’m a Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Muse, Bloc Party, and Franz fan. those would be my faves i think. i like other stuff bunches too though, but i think those are my main faves.

avenged sevenfold

amnesia
      Spectator

Disneyland After Dark-Monster Philosophy

The two Aphex Twin CDs that arrived today, and a hell of a load of múm. Seriously, múm are actually excellent. Check them out if you like Sigur Ros and gentle electronic stuff.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ve never heard an Aphex Twin album, but i’ve heard a few songs and thought they were pretty good. i think i’ll check them out.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

today’s playlist featured some of your favorite hits like:

as rome burns, bodies, heavy metal machine, glass, glow, speed kills, transformer, zero, teitbite, x.y.u., rocket acoustic, neverlost acoustic, bleeding the orchid acoustic, shame, i dont mind, im doing the best i can, 99 floors, mama, no surrender, peace + love, promise me, owata, sunkissed, a song for a son, mcis theme, galapogos, again again again, the rose march

all live stuff. this band is great.

blueczarina
      Spectator

this band is great.[/quote:30g16aqi]

i don’t think i’ve heard of them :lol: :P

i’m listening to Machina I and II

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m brainwashing myself with Pink Floyd’s The Wall…
      And it’s so necessary!!!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

[url:1bq6uatz]http://www.thepumpkins.net/content/view/831/47/[/url:1bq6uatz]

Marcella
      Spectator

I’ve been replaying SD all day. It had been a while since I had listened to it. The guitar & bass lines are, for lack of a politer word, orgasmic.

And I have also been listening to all the new songs. I’m in a Pumpkins overload mood.

Jolly Rancher
      Spectator

I have been listening to Guitar Hero 4 music. =P
      My friend, sister, and I played it all day today.

FUN :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

F.O.L. That song has been stuck in my head for the past week!

amnesia
      Spectator

F.O.L. That song has been stuck in my head for the past week![/quote:94lfryn8]

Same here.I love that song!!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

the killers

Hum – You’d Prefer An Astronaut.

Listen to their song ‘Stars’. It’s beautiful.

Marcella
      Spectator

the killers[/quote:r1uy5z10]

How are you liking their new album? Disliked it at first but it has grown on me.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I got my electro-indie dance on to The Faint, VHS or BETA and The Rapture in work today :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

the killers[/quote:1ho9ust7]

How are you liking their new album? Disliked it at first but it has grown on me.[/quote:1ho9ust7]

its grown on me some too, but i like the other albums best. i do like that song The World We Live In though.

i was pretty disappointed when i bought the album, especially since i really liked the other ones. its still pretty mediocre to me.

i like the album art though. :wink:

Danni
      Spectator

I listened to the danish band VETO who was the opening act for the Pumpkins in denmark in February 2008.

Arthur
      Spectator

I’ve been replaying SD all day. It had been a while since I had listened to it. The guitar & bass lines are, for lack of a politer word, orgasmic.

And I have also been listening to all the new songs. I’m in a Pumpkins overload mood.[/quote:3ttp94dn]
      I know that feeling, I have that many times too… :roll:

Marcella
      Spectator

^ Yeah I bet you know how it feels like :lol:.

Anonymous
      Spectator

F.O.L. That song has been stuck in my head for the past week![/quote:1ql4vbra]

Same here.I love that song!!!![/quote:1ql4vbra]
      Again…
      and..Machina II

Pipoka
      Spectator

SP
      Franz Ferdinand
      Depeche Mode
      Portishead

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ve been listening to Franz too :wink: and the SP.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Zeitgeist album..Great way to wake up!!

amnesia
      Spectator

Zeitgeist album..Great way to wake up!![/quote:262ihml3]

lol…That was also the first cd i played this morning, and i agree with you, great way to wake up. :wink:

Now im listening to Machina 2.

Anonymous
      Spectator

nice Mayo..we have the same listening going on :)
      We are definitely SPfreaks ;)

Pipoka
      Spectator

I watched IAGW again.
      I’m listening to Death from above right now and man… This version is awesome. Really awesome.

amnesia
      Spectator

I watched IAGW again.
      I’m listening to Death from above right now and man… This version is awesome. Really awesome.[/quote:2nt49g0m]

Indeed it is, i like IAGW version better then the studio version. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Loads of The Birthday Massacre.

Good gawd does the Singer have a sex-eh voice. :twisted:

Marcella
      Spectator

Regina Spektor; she’s one of my several girl crushes.

Anonymous
      Spectator

The one and only Epic Live Metal Compilation :twisted:

amnesia
      Spectator

The one and only Epic Live Metal Compilation :twisted:[/quote:jac74gbn]

Ive been to busy so far today, i still need to listen to it. :roll:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Epic Metal Live as well :twisted:

Epic Metal Live as well :twisted:[/quote:2t6scofo]

me three! :D

amnesia
      Spectator

Woke up to Epic Metal Live, i feel so good today. :P

Danni
      Spectator

Marc Bolan, baby! 8)

The prophet of the ages!

Ingrid Michaelson

Anonymous
      Spectator

Woke up to Epic Metal Live, i feel so good today. :P[/quote:2kyb17zu]
      me too again!

Marcella
      Spectator

OK Computer is perfect for rainy days.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Shiny Toy Guns

The Joy Formidable

Arthur
      Spectator

Woke up to Epic Metal Live, i feel so good today. :P[/quote:gyufks69]
      me too again![/quote:gyufks69]
      And I played it on the road (incl. traffic jam) from Amsterdam to Den Haag, man, how rockin’ good! :twisted:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Woke up to Epic Metal Live, i feel so good today. :P[/quote:3bu41qtg]
      me too again![/quote:3bu41qtg]
      And I played it on the road (incl. traffic jam) from Amsterdam to Den Haag, man, how rockin’ good! :twisted:[/quote:3bu41qtg]

as long as Billy rage

some pumpkins
      Spectator

OK Computer is perfect for rainy days.[/quote:28mfltzs]

my choice would be kid A

the other morning i was walkng in the rain on my way to work and listening to depresso and was having one of those perfect moments you can’t really describe with words.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i love Kid A. i was listening to that on the way to school the other day. today i was listening to Bloc Party a lot and of course Billy Pumpkins. :wink:

Marcella
      Spectator

The Dresden Dolls

The Smashing Pumpkins – Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Therapy?-Troublegum

dinosaur jr-dinosaur

teenage fanclub-bandwagonesque

God Is An Astronaut – pretty much their entire disco

Neutral Milk Hotel – In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i’ve been in a machina 2 mood lately

Anonymous
      Spectator

currently listening to Gossamer.

so far this morning:

the jimi hendrix experience – axis: bold as love
      daft punk – human after all

afternoon:

bob dylan – tell tale signs: the bootleg series vol. 8
      the smashing pumpkins – adore

amnesia
      Spectator

I played the angel with Depeche mode and Radiohead best of, and now im listening to Zeitgeist.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Adore and Machina. i like them when i’m sick. those albums make me feel better. 8)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

1/8/97

Anonymous
      Spectator

I did listen to some Pumpkins this morning, but at work we were listening to bird calls checking out if the cd was good for listening to for the lesson. So all I could think about was Set the Controls.. :P

some pumpkins
      Spectator

I did listen to some Pumpkins this morning, but at work we were listening to bird calls checking out if the cd was good for listening to for the lesson. So all I could think about was Set the Controls.. :P[/quote:2b7wwe7c]

i remember billy at the show in la when one of his birds stopped working. he said into the mike…"dead bird…….dead bird"

it cracks me up whenever i hear it.

Marcella
      Spectator

I listened to a lot of Mexican pop in the radio.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

set the controls 12-2-08
      gossamer 7-30-07
      xyu 6-28-97
      FOL

blueczarina
      Spectator

set the controls 12-2-08
      gossamer 7-30-07
      xyu 6-28-97
      FOL[/quote:2g7u7ld2]

do you ever not listen to the pumpkins? :lol: not that i’m not guilty of going on all pumpkin streaks :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

set the controls 12-2-08
      gossamer 7-30-07
      xyu 6-28-97
      FOL[/quote:1hhxf0vu]

do you ever not listen to the pumpkins? :lol: not that i’m not guilty of going on all pumpkin streaks :P[/quote:1hhxf0vu]
      :lol: that’s a question you should be asking me :lol:
      FOL is on, and I’m about to press repeat and listen to it about 4 more times. I fricken love this song!

blueczarina
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

ARTHUR

blueczarina
      Spectator

ARTHUR[/quote:1ob173bj]

what? :lol: we need an explanation :P

Marcella
      Spectator

HI!

blueczarina
      Spectator

HI!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

he was teaching me how to upload releases to the site properly.

holy mother of god, what a chore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

set the controls 12-2-08
      gossamer 7-30-07
      xyu 6-28-97
      FOL[/quote:100jcoey]

do you ever not listen to the pumpkins? :lol: not that i’m not guilty of going on all pumpkin streaks :P[/quote:100jcoey]

these days. no. only pumpkins. my listening habits are kinda wierd. for the last 3-4 years, its been one band at a time. i go through their entire catalog until i burn it out. but for about a year and a half now, its been almost exclusively pumpkins. and thats due to picking up judas o and lots of boots and downloading so much live stuff. i think im never gonna burn out on pumpkins audio. there is so much to listen to.

blueczarina
      Spectator

holy mother of god, what a chore!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:udk2h5ws]

i bet :lol:

and i’m sure you will never have a major pumpkin burnout either some pumpkins :P although its good to diversify :wink:

Danni
      Spectator

I just listened to my copy of the No Code lp by Pearl Jam and also some Boston (their first album) and actually some Silverchair. I’ve always been pretty uncomfortable with Silverchair before but with the latest album they’ve proven me wrong. It’s some nice soft rock and not as before: a \"second wannabe-Nirvana\" as I always thought of them. :x

Arthur
      Spectator

holy mother of god, what a chore!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:4acjbjvs]
      So, now you know! :lol: :lol: :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I just listened to my copy of the No Code lp by Pearl Jam and also some Boston (their first album) and actually some Silverchair. I’ve always been pretty uncomfortable with Silverchair before but with the latest album they’ve proven me wrong. It’s some nice soft rock and not as before: a "second wannabe-Nirvana" as I always thought of them. :x[/quote:thn2x322]

No Code is fucking amazing.

Have you heard Diorama by Silverchair?

Shannen
      Spectator

I’m listening to non-pumpkins today….I had it too much yesterday. Playing pumpkins almost the whole afternoon for couple of hours.

Danni
      Spectator

I just listened to my copy of the No Code lp by Pearl Jam and also some Boston (their first album) and actually some Silverchair. I’ve always been pretty uncomfortable with Silverchair before but with the latest album they’ve proven me wrong. It’s some nice soft rock and not as before: a "second wannabe-Nirvana" as I always thought of them. :x[/quote:38suwq5t]

Have you heard Diorama by Silverchair?[/quote:38suwq5t]

Yeah, man!

Diorama is the main reason I started listening to Silverchair. :P :D

Danni
      Spectator

I just listened to my copy of the No Code lp by Pearl Jam and also some Boston (their first album) and actually some Silverchair. I’ve always been pretty uncomfortable with Silverchair before but with the latest album they’ve proven me wrong. It’s some nice soft rock and not as before: a "second wannabe-Nirvana" as I always thought of them. :x[/quote:21wjrcyr]

Have you heard Diorama by Silverchair?[/quote:21wjrcyr]

By the way…. Our drummer bought the Diorama album on LP. He claims it’s only 500 copies released of that album. I don’t know anything about the Silverchair albums… could it really be like that??

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m listening to non-pumpkins today….I had it too much yesterday. Playing pumpkins almost the whole afternoon for couple of hours.[/quote:hm7lb74j]
      :cry:
      I honestly could never have enough pumpkins for one day :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’m listening to non-pumpkins today….I had it too much yesterday. Playing pumpkins almost the whole afternoon for couple of hours.[/quote:k2kophtr]
      I honestly could never have enough pumpkins for one day :P[/quote:k2kophtr]

indeed Reggae ;) i’ve listened to the pumpkins from sun up to sun down before :P

i think your are going to have to build up your SP tolerance Shannen :P

Shannen
      Spectator

I’m listening to non-pumpkins today….I had it too much yesterday. Playing pumpkins almost the whole afternoon for couple of hours.[/quote:1zby3jkf]
      I honestly could never have enough pumpkins for one day :P[/quote:1zby3jkf]

indeed Reggae ;) i’ve listened to the pumpkins from sun up to sun down before :P

i think your are going to have to build up your SP tolerance Shannen :P[/quote:1zby3jkf]

I knew you guys going to say that :P. I don’t mind listening to Gossamer, 1979, Tonight Tonight, 99 Floors (to name a few) again and again. But some songs could gives me that "enough" feeling when it’s being played repeatedly. No offence – hope you guys get what I mean. Cheers!

amnesia
      Spectator

Woke up to Pearl Jam-Riot Act.I love that album.

blueczarina
      Spectator

I’m listening to non-pumpkins today….I had it too much yesterday. Playing pumpkins almost the whole afternoon for couple of hours.[/quote:2gv0n790]
      I honestly could never have enough pumpkins for one day :P[/quote:2gv0n790]

i think your are going to have to build up your SP tolerance Shannen :P[/quote:2gv0n790]

I knew you guys going to say that :P. I don’t mind listening to Gossamer, 1979, Tonight Tonight, 99 Floors (to name a few) again and again. But some songs could gives me that "enough" feeling when it’s being played repeatedly. No offence – hope you guys get what I mean. Cheers![/quote:2gv0n790]

oh good. then we will keep you :P :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

pumpkin metal :twisted:

Marcella
      Spectator

Avenged Sevenfold

amnesia
      Spectator

Its been ages since i heard the Zwan cd, so i heard it today and i forgot all about how Ride a black Swan kicked ass.I think thats the best song on Mary Star for sure.

Avenged Sevenfold[/quote:3cfke8qf]
      Waking the Fallen kicks arse.

Regardless as to whether you were listening to it or not, it kicks arse.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Chris Cornell – Scream
      Tom Waits – Blood Money

Danni
      Spectator

Its been ages since i heard the Zwan cd, so i heard it today and i forgot all about how Ride a black Swan kicked ass.I think thats the best song on Mary Star for sure.[/quote:2j1ky72v]

Yeah! Chamberlin’s playing on the ride in the refrain is the whole records crescendo for sure!

amnesia
      Spectator

[[/quote:2johor75]

How cute, a Chamberlin banana.
      Now, dont tell me the Banana disease has spread to here ? :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

i love the Jimmy-nanner :lol:

i’ve listened to Franz Ferdinand and Cut Copy.

toad32r
      Spectator

I had a three hour round trip drive today… Jammed Machina the entire time…lol

Tion
      Spectator

i listened to the alternative version of \"rocket\" the whole day.
      so so good!!!!
      ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnYU6LzTdjY)

Danni
      Spectator

i listened to the alternative version of "rocket" the whole day.
      so so good!!!!
      ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnYU6LzTdjY)[/quote:8wntb1kf]

Indeed it is! 8)

Sounds a bit Adore-ish…. Oh, these sweet tunes… :P

Marcella
      Spectator

I’ve been listening to Zoé, a Mexican band, for weeks. I never thought I would end up loving any of our bands. This is Apocalypse.

amnesia
      Spectator

i listened to the alternative version of "rocket" the whole day.
      so so good!!!!
      ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnYU6LzTdjY)[/quote:259mx24n]

That version was fucking awesome!! 8)
      Im just wondering when its from ?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

^^i first heard this version when my acoustic melon songs boot came in the mail. and fell in love

[url:1w937kho]http://www.thepumpkins.net/content/view/335/47/[/url:1w937kho]

[url:1w937kho]http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/boot.html?boot_id=3[/url:1w937kho]

Danni
      Spectator

^^i first heard this version when my acoustic melon songs boot came in the mail. and fell in love

[url:1rk8zegj]http://www.thepumpkins.net/content/view/335/47/[/url:1rk8zegj]

[url:1rk8zegj]http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/boot.html?boot_id=3[/url:1rk8zegj][/quote:1rk8zegj]

I’ve had this a while, but only the cd-r format. The cover picture of James is awesome. 8)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

after finishing the video, im not sure its the same performance i refrenced. and that shot of james is cool

mr.benway
      Spectator

New album from The Decemberists – ‘The Hazards Of Love’

album stream: http://3voor12.vpro.nl/speler/luisterpaal/41689392

Danni
      Spectator

Since I heard the bad news it’s all just been Adore on repeat. Daphne Descends, Apples + Oranjes, Perfect, Shame, The Tale Of Dusty…., Once Upon A Time, and Pug has all been on repeat.

Before that: Jane’s Addiction.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I decided to crash out with Machina tonight, overall it’s probably the album I’ve played least over the years.

Time to fix that. :)

NEUTRAL
      MILK
      HOTEL

and also circle takes the square, pg. 99 and cap’n jazz

manillascissor
      Keymaster

drill rig hum – manchester

Marcella
      Spectator

IT’S IN YOUR HEAAAAAAADDDDD
      IN YOUR HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

ZOMBIEEEEE
      ZOMBIEEEEE
      ZOMBIE EH EH EH OH OH EH OH AOHHOHHHHUUU!!!!!

blueczarina
      Spectator

Bloc Party

Danni
      Spectator

Now the \"Billion Dollar Babies\" album by Alice Cooper is spinning here. It’s such a magnificent record. Also physical. With that big dollar inside that giant \"wallet\"-vinyl! :P

Actually, once (early + mid 70’s) Alice Cooper (the band) was totally smashing!

Anonymous
      Spectator

IT’S IN YOUR HEAAAAAAADDDDD
      IN YOUR HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

ZOMBIEEEEE
      ZOMBIEEEEE
      ZOMBIE EH EH EH OH OH EH OH AOHHOHHHHUUU!!!!![/quote:35975np2]
      :twisted:

I’m going to listen to TFE

Anonymous
      Spectator

EAST because it kicks major ass right now.
      I’m addicted to it.
      How come songs become addicting at times in our lives again??
      weird
      But it kick ass! I’m so looking forward to new SP material :D

amnesia
      Spectator

Machina and Machina II

iggy pop – a million in prizes (the anthology)
      metal molly – more cheese (ep)
      the smashing pumpkins – tonight, tonight (ep)

amnesia
      Spectator

Green Day- Dookie. Since my boyfreind wanted to listen to it, actually its a kick ass cd

Bush-Sixteen Stone
      Chris Cornell-Carry On

blueczarina
      Spectator

Manson

Anonymous
      Spectator

Brady Bunch – Meet The Brady Bunch. :oops:

Danni
      Spectator

Beck – \"MTV Makes Me Wanna Smoke Crack\" and \"Corvette Bummer\" also \"Alcohol\"

SP – Siamese Dream (very obvious but what the haell..)

Bob Log III – \"I want Your Shit On My Leg\", \"Cold Motor\" and \"Clap You Tits\"

Cheap Trick – \"Southern Girls\"

and Meat Puppets – \"Confusion Fog\" and \"Whirpool\"

Very detailed….. yes, yes… 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

Brady Bunch – Meet The Brady Bunch. :oops:[/quote:1bpkh1iu]

yeah, that is shame worthy ^^ :P :lol: :lol: jk, sort of :P :P

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

Hey, My sister and i were singing songs off the Brady bunch movie the other day. :D

We were also talking about the part where all of the older women swarm over Davy Jones. :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

This morning I was driving to office, with that boot Pluggelectric in the car stereo… playing I Am One over and over and over… Jimmy’s state of the art drumming, D’Arcy’s bass pounding my kidneys… that squeeling guitar on volume unbearable… do I feel refreshened and full of energy… YES! 8)

amnesia
      Spectator

Jimmy Chamberlain Complex, 3 times in a row.

The Ascent of Everest/We All Inherit The Moon Split LP. It’s fucking awesome.

Silence and the birds outside.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Really liking IAMX stuff lately.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I’ve been listening to Tommy Roe lately.

=p Hmm, just a teeny bit lame. :roll:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ve been on another Bloc Party kick as of late.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Beck – "MTV Makes Me Wanna Smoke Crack" and "Corvette Bummer" also "Alcohol"
      [/quote:2yw7tvc4]

my friend picked me up about quarter past 5
      we stopped and got some donuts and we took a little drive
      we had a can of nitrous, we rolled the windows up
      now we’re breathin’ deeply, breathin’ deeply

and there’s a fume
      in this truck
      and I don’t know if we’re dead, or what the fuck
      there’s a fume
      in this truck
      and I don’t know if we’re dead, or what the fuck or what?

we spent many years always tryin to get high
      smokin’ broken pencils and beatin’ up kids
      talkin’ to the devil and drinkin’ a coke
      now we’re totally rockin’, totally rockin’

and there’s a fume
      in this truck
      there’s a fume
      in this truck
      and I don’t know if we’re dead, or what the fuck or what?

we got a good idea so we pulled off the road
      got some molly hatchet goin’ on the stereo
      I said, let’s roll up the windows, and let the nitrous go
      now we can’t stop laughing, can’t stop laughing

and there’s a fume
      in this truck
      there’s a fume
      in this truck
      and I don’t know if we’re dead, or what the fuck is going on.

(Voices in background)
      and I really don’t think that I know what to do
      there’s a man in my shoe
      Yeaaaaaahhhh!

(hard-core version begins)
      [Chorus] (x3.5)

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s kind of funny :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Ode To No One :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

that blog has put me in pumpkin mood i haven’t been in since the JC crap

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

Tiger Army- Rose of the Devil’s Garden. :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

This was purely not by choice, my oldest was in the car and wanted the radio on and it hapen to be some retarded song called
      Stanky leg..WTF…is this real. I also saw it on BET for a fashion show (I was at my inlaws) I laughed and was embarrassed for the lack of depth behind that…People actually like it…aaaggghh

…And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead

I’ve been listening to a bunch of their stuff.

Arthur
      Spectator

Grandaddy was in an oldfashioned funky seventies slamrock mood today… Queen! :twisted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO6D_BAuYCI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0uiY-jDkzs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpys1c3jCNs[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

so gramps is listening to the oldies huh :lol: :P

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

My dad has been blasting Lynyrd Skynyrd on our stereo all day, so now I have
      their songs stuck in my head. :(

Danni
      Spectator

Bo Diddley’s Who Do You Love!

And also Fats Domino’s My Blue Heaven

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncTSipsee7I[/youtube]

Also Pink Floyd’s PULSE dvd on repeat and The Marked.

amnesia
      Spectator

This morning ive been on Snow Patrol, mode.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness…
      I wonder if sadness was changed to happiness what that would have been like?

Arthur
      Spectator

np: Led Zeppelin – BBC Sessions. 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

I wonder if sadness was changed to happiness what that would have been like?[/quote:1d5j99ne]

its called Zwan :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

I wonder if sadness was changed to happiness what that would have been like?[/quote:26e2s02v]

its called Zwan :P[/quote:26e2s02v]\no…that isn’t the same silly…Mellon Collie was massive…that’s what you want with Mellon Collie and the Infinite Happiness… :P
      Plus Zwan didn’t have the right people to make it right ya know ;)

Arthur
      Spectator

Zwan was the Jesus Rollercoaster anyway, according to blueczarina… :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Zwan was the Jesus Rollercoaster anyway, according to blueczarina… :wink:[/quote:1e6pfdn7]
      poor blue she needs a live show I think….full of God songs :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Zwan was the Jesus Rollercoaster anyway, according to blueczarina… :wink:[/quote:gnp3rnz3]

yes, it was. :P to me Zwan shits rainbows and is all "yay! Jesus." with a side of rock . :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

current’y listening to Wings Venus and Mars
      :shock: it’s not Smashing Pumpkins OMG!!!!

black francis – bluefinger
      elliott smith – new moon

amnesia
      Spectator

Depeche Mode-Sounds Of The Universe
      Chris Cornell-Scream

joy division – unknown pleasures

and now i’m listening to a bon iver 7\".

blueczarina
      Spectator

[/quote:tocl7apf]

is it growing on you? :P

amnesia
      Spectator

[/quote:2j17pjkf]

is it growing on you? :P[/quote:2j17pjkf]

Well to be honest with you, yes it does. But the one i stole from the internet (Also the one you got) Some of the tracks are demo versions, so i stole the "Final" album and some of the songs are quiet good, still its a so so album.I like 5 or 6 songs from the album.

I bought the 3 cds deluxe boxset.
      1 cd is the album itself, the second cd is bonus tacks and very shitty remixes, the last one is a demo cd with various songs from various albums they made.

You should give it another try, but this time, get the final album. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

alright. i will steal the final album when i get home. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

alright. i will steal the final album when i get home. :wink:[/quote:p7su3emp]
      thief :lol:

finishing up some rage against the machine…and now I’m off to Pumpkins music :)

Arthur
      Spectator

thief :lol: [/quote:17ksk5dx]
      Ugly woman too. :P

pixies – death to the pixies (+ live bonus cd \"vredenburg ’90\")
      my morning jacket – the tennessee fire

Old Macdonald–Baby Einstein

mr.benway
      Spectator

today was a jazzy day:
      – alice coltrane – ‘journey in satchidananda’
      – keith jarret – ‘fort jawuh’
      – steve lacey – ‘new jazz meeting baden-baden 2002’

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Mad Season – Above

Pipoka
      Spectator

Natacha Atlas

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m on a Death Cab For Cutie and Sparklehorse fix, with Tool mixed in.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

miles davis – get up with it
      miles davis – kind of blue

Anonymous
      Spectator

well Blipfm is on so I am listening to Harry Belafonte jump in line…
      I need to change it NOW

Anonymous
      Spectator

Halloween show 10/31/2008
      Superchrist is on right now

Danni
      Spectator

Today it’s all about SOUNDGARDEN with their Superunknown album from 1994. Kim Thayil is the shit, I say! I’ve missed him so. What is he up to nowadays anyway? :?

amnesia
      Spectator

Today it’s all about SOUNDGARDEN with their Superunknown album from 1994. Kim Thayil is the shit, I say! I’ve missed him so. What is he up to nowadays anyway? :?[/quote:1bszkc5v]

I love Soundgarden, and Superunknown is a kick ass album,i even like Down On The Upside even better.
      Have you ever heard Soundgardens first album ever ? Ultramega OK its called, that one is quiet good after a few times..

Danni
      Spectator

Today it’s all about SOUNDGARDEN with their Superunknown album from 1994. Kim Thayil is the shit, I say! I’ve missed him so. What is he up to nowadays anyway? :?[/quote:3vsxamgd]

I love Soundgarden, and Superunknown is a kick ass album,i even like Down On The Upside even better.
      Have you ever heard Soundgardens first album ever ? Ultramega OK its called, that one is quiet good after a few times..[/quote:3vsxamgd]

Yeah, well, Ultramega OK and Louder Than Fuck (Love) is pretty ok, but I totally love Superunknown and Down On The Upside. I’ve got D.O.T.U on LP, but it’s really not that rare (and the artwork is so gorgeous :P ) . My favourite song has definately got to be Burden In My Hand. That one is awesome. We need more musicians like Kim Thayil and the gang!

amnesia
      Spectator

[Yeah, well, Ultramega OK and Louder Than Fuck (Love) is pretty ok, but I totally love Superunknown and Down On The Upside. I’ve got D.O.T.U on LP, but it’s really not that rare (and the artwork is so gorgeous :P ) . My favourite song has definately got to be Burden In My Hand. That one is awesome. We need more musicians like Kim Thayil and the gang![/quote:2su1maop]

I dont really like Louder Than Love album, theres a few good ones, and thats it i think.

I dont know if you know this one.Its a EP they did, and its called Songs From The Superunknown.Its outtakes and B-sides from that era, you should check it out.

Burden In My Hand 8) 8) 8) The b-side song from the Burden In My Hand singel called Karaoke is probo the best song they ever did.That one is fucking awesome.

Blow Up The Outside World is a true masterpiece. 8)

Danni
      Spectator

[Yeah, well, Ultramega OK and Louder Than Fuck (Love) is pretty ok, but I totally love Superunknown and Down On The Upside. I’ve got D.O.T.U on LP, but it’s really not that rare (and the artwork is so gorgeous :P ) . My favourite song has definately got to be Burden In My Hand. That one is awesome. We need more musicians like Kim Thayil and the gang![/quote:1um2a7um]

I dont really like Louder Than Love album, theres a few good ones, and thats it i think.

I dont know if you know this one.Its a EP they did, and its called Songs From The Superunknown.Its outtakes and B-sides from that era, you should check it out.

Burden In My Hand 8) 8) 8) The b-side song from the Burden In My Hand singel called Karaoke is probo the best song they ever did.That one is fucking awesome.

Blow Up The Outside World is a true masterpiece. 8)[/quote:1um2a7um]

I really haven’t heard any of them (Karaoke or about that EP) so thank you for the advice Ayoe! :wink:

I will check it out! Funny how b-sides often (almost in EVERY case) is betther than the a-sides, with SP also… :) (But yeah, just almost. I’ve got a Rocket fetisch you know. And also Hummer!)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ve been listening to Pre-Gish 8)

Jolly Rancher
      Spectator

I have been listening to The Monkees greatest hits lately.

:D

They are so fun, they make me happy inside.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I was listening to Neil Young last night because I was sleeping in the living room
      when all of a sudden I heard \"Rockin in the Free World\" it kinda startled me. :lol:

Danni
      Spectator

I have been listening to The Monkees greatest hits lately.

They are so fun, they make me happy inside.

:lol:[/quote:3ocrnlwt]

Salesman is great! 8) Yeah, The Monkees are great.

amnesia
      Spectator

Tim Christensen-Superior

Dananananaykroyd

Best. Name. Ever.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Loads of David Bowie classics. :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

go ahead laugh
      Cristopher Cross Sailing

it’s on my blipfm

Danni
      Spectator

Loads of David Bowie classics. :)[/quote:3jzqbwpb]

Suffragette City! 8)

mr.benway
      Spectator

Paul Weller – ‘Catch-Flame – Live At The Alexandra Palace’
      The Fratellis – ‘Costello Music’
      Kaiser Chiefs – ‘Employment’
      Kaiser Chiefs – ‘Off With Their Heads’

Danni
      Spectator

Tim + Neil Finn and their Crowded House, baby! Don’t Dream It’s Over and Weather With You. Also I’m in a heavy Catherine period. Sorry! is a great, great album!

Anonymous
      Spectator

Gish

Anonymous
      Spectator

Tim + Neil Finn and their Crowded House, baby! Don’t Dream It’s Over and Weather With You. Also I’m in a heavy Catherine period. Sorry! is a great, great album![/quote:2oxjwbw4]

:) Do you have a drink in one hand, a crumpled Twenty in the other?

Anonymous
      Spectator

A good dose of Portishead and Veruca Salt.

Danni
      Spectator

A good dose of Portishead and Veruca Salt.[/quote:1lqad1w4]

Sounds great. Dummy kicks ass, so does Veruca’s version of My Sharona available on the All Hail Me Single.

Talking about Veruca Salt, I got this one recently:

Anonymous
      Spectator

A good dose of Portishead and Veruca Salt.[/quote:3vr7vyhc]

Sounds great. Dummy kicks ass, so does Veruca’s version of My Sharona available on the All Hail Me Single.

Talking about Veruca Salt, I got this one recently:

[/quote:3vr7vyhc]

Sweeter than sugar, very nice. :) 8)

mr.benway
      Spectator

[/quote:2gi9d6rs]
      Wow, phantastic looking vinyl… and there is one on eBay available… :roll:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Interpol and Cut Copy

mr.benway
      Spectator

Le Pop – ‘Les Filles’ (Sampler, Le Chansons de la nouveau scene francaise)

you can listen to some songs on myspave: http://www.myspace.com/lepopmusik

mr.benway
      Spectator

blueczarina
      Spectator

Anial Collective In Concert[/quote:3jhcl51m]

i don’t think i want to listen to Anial Collective :lol: :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

Anial Collective In Concert[/quote:3c69g22s]

i don’t think i want to listen to Anial Collective :lol: :wink:[/quote:3c69g22s]
      :lol: what she said ^^

mr.benway
      Spectator

i don’t think i want to listen to Anial Collective :lol: :wink:[/quote:2lru5swx]
      and what about AniMal Collective? Grrrrr… :twisted:

blueczarina
      Spectator

much better :lol: :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

oh so that’s what it was :wink: I just assumed you liked some rap music about a certain part of the anatomy

blueczarina
      Spectator

i presumed it was a Freudian slip

amnesia
      Spectator

Rainbow

Anonymous
      Spectator

Psyche – Goodbye Horses, 50+ times on Repeat. :oops: It’s the track in The Silence Of The Lambs where Buffalo Bill’s dancing around nekkid. 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

50+ times, really?
      you’ve gone mad, you can only do that to SP music :P

mr.benway
      Spectator

diggin’ in the dirt: listening to music from the 70s

Mountain – ‘Live in San Bernadino 1971’
      UFO – ‘Live’
      (both bands were mentioned in some sp.com articles in the last weeks)

and
      Rainbow – ‘Live in Germany 1976’ (Catch The Rainbow

Arthur
      Spectator

Rainbow[/quote:otwyjb3l]
      Stargazer again? :wink:

Looks like we have more Rainbow fans here, awesome! 8)

amnesia
      Spectator

Looks like we have more Rainbow fans here, awesome! 8)[/quote:32b7w6ly]´

Not only Stargazer, but also other songs i could find.
      I got pretty crazy about Gates of Babylon, truely epic like Stargazer. 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

diggin’ in the dirt: listening to music from the 70s

Mountain – ‘Live in San Bernadino 1971’
      UFO – ‘Live’
      (both bands were mentioned in some sp.com articles in the last weeks)

and
      Rainbow – ‘Live in Germany 1976’ (Catch The Rainbow [/quote:9obda3d7]

who are you calling Ms. Schoolmaster? :twisted:

who the hell is mountain :lol:

rainbow? I have heard this before?? I’ll have to go listen
      probably have,

mr.benway
      Spectator

who the hell is mountain :lol:
      [/quote:3m10lpbt]
      Good question, Lisa… good question… :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i have never heard of Rainbow, UFO, or Mountain to be honest :wink:

right now i’m listening to the new Bloc Party Intimacy remix album right now.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

alice in chains – dirt

one of the best albums ever made and i’m just now discovering it.

Anonymous
      Spectator

someone telling me I’m a Zombie and I eat brains :x

amnesia
      Spectator

i have never heard of Rainbow, UFO, or Mountain to be honest :wink:

right now i’m listening to the new Bloc Party Intimacy remix album right now.[/quote:36dxqc4m]

You should really check out Rainbow, i think they are awesome.

I thank Arthur for showing me how awesome this band is really.

Check out this epic song with them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6IPBN6ARkE[/youtube]

The music is awesome, the lyrics are awesome as well on this song. 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

its not bad. too classic rock for me though maybe, but not bad.

Anonymous
      Spectator

did you watch the video blue? maybe that’s why you don’t like it so much :P
      who wants to look at those guys ya know :lol:

I like the music, but then again i love that old music so it’s a win win for me

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, the hair and the outfits were a little wtf :lol: that doesn’t help much

Danni
      Spectator

Placebo with their debut album (1996- Oh, it’s a classic!) as I just bought the cd+dvd version of it new for only $6 from a record shop in Sweden as they are having a campaign right now. Plus Therapy?’s One Cure Fits All (2006) and I’m glad that they are back in the game again!

They’ve been wery wry since 1999-2000 but I’m glad that they are making great music again. Hasn’t yet listened to Crooked Timber though… :oops:

2006 was a freakin’ great year in music – Pearl Jam, Juliana Hatfield, Lemonheads and Helmet. Many of these bands made their greatest albums in 2006.

Coincidence?

I don’t know.

a perfect circle emotive. i bought it today, had a best buy coupon.

Anonymous
      Spectator

listening to Flock of Seagulls
      I’m going through my blip playlist

manillascissor
      Keymaster

refused – the shape of punk to come (or something like that)

Danni
      Spectator

refused – the shape of punk to come (or something like that)[/quote:2xr6x7gk]

That one is great. Dennis Lyxzén & co. Also Songs To Fan The Flame Of Discontent is great.

amnesia
      Spectator

listening to Flock of Seagulls
      I’m going through my blip playlist[/quote:2umy9bhk]

A Flock Of Seagulls – Wishing, is so damn awesome. 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMoHGmeTBKo[/youtube]

Listning to OMD atm.They suck normally, but the early 80´stuff they did was really awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig2Q4Ub4TnM[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

8) songs/video Mayo…
      that’s what I have listened to so far this morning :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Lot’s of Stevie Ray Vaughan today. Especially this Shadows-inspired song, it makes me jump around & all so happy! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWw55XhTehg[/youtube]

The Shadows did this in 1960 already. A real classic, I like to think that rock music started somewhere here…

(watch the cigarette at the end! :lol: )

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY-rPDwzM9M[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

I changed to the Surf Punk music section from my cd collection, inspired by Dick Dale above. np: Man… Or Astroman?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRRPCAWkYYs[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

dude cool music :P
      the last video was still a bit too surfer sounding..maybe they could have dropped a few notes
      I’ve seen that cigarette thing before- probably on one of these sites
      :roll:

i listened to ESPN today… where my favorite radio station was suposed to be! it fuckin sucks! that was the best radio station we had. it was the only one that played the pumpkins. :evil: :cry:

Anonymous
      Spectator

that really sucks. Money talks and it’s ruining the music :evil:

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

Every time I try to listen to my favorite radio station and just plays Penguins hockey coverage.

I mean how much coverage can people handle and they do this for 5 hours every day.
      So I gave up on that radio station and it was also the only one that played the pumpkins.

Anonymous
      Spectator

ugh…I ‘d rather listen to music than hockey updates

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Been listening to the new Marilyn Manson record, really into it :)
      Also The Lonely Island album
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpMPFGBtE7Q[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

is the new manson album out yet? i haven’t heard it.

today is was listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs album It’s Blitz.

heheheee i love that vid of natalie!

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

today is was listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs album It’s Blitz.[/quote:2zup0vxd]
      Nope not yet, soon ;)
      Love that Yeah Yeah Yeahs album, very different :)

Danni
      Spectator

Apples + Oranjes.

I think that’s included on my Top 5 SP songs.

blueczarina
      Spectator

today is was listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs album It’s Blitz.[/quote:wnu984cq]
      Nope not yet, soon ;)
      Love that Yeah Yeah Yeahs album, very different :)[/quote:wnu984cq]

got yeah. i didn’t know it leaked yet. i just thought there was a sampler. i think i might take another look though. :wink:

and that album is a bit different than the others. i really like it though. i’ve been listening to them a lot lately.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

lots of dredg. i love this band. here’s a couple kick ass songs. please excuse the 2nd video. its some random ass anime set to the song i want you to hear. it kicks in at 39 seconds…

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ7oqsB0R4g&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgoFzlWfUJk&feature=related[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

I very much enjoyed Dredg. Thanks for sharing! 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

More garage surf (they call it guerilla surf themselves :wink: ) today. I dig this music lots lately. Here are the Raving Bonkers!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4MpBufLPBA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AvLTgPbmOI[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

Thanx Artie! That’s great stuff!

I always loved good old surf but I kinda’ think of the Beach Boys as a bit too lame and that they don’t fit that category very well. Dick Dale is more like my cup of tea! :wink:

Also check these out if you like surf music (and their Jazzmaster’s are so sweat, with the block inlays and bindings… grrr…. :P ), here are the danish band The Tremolo Beer Gut!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MKQIA0IbLI[/youtube]

PS. Also check out The Surfaris!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ve been listening to Garbage.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Zwan
      currently spilled milk
      love it :D

Arthur
      Spectator

here are the danish band The Tremolo Beer Gut![/quote:3njqlwer]
      Very, very nice! I love it, how they build up the tension in this song… 8)

amnesia
      Spectator

Beastie Boys-Sounds of Science

Anonymous
      Spectator

^ huh? they made a song titled that?
      Sounds of Silence by SP is much better Mayo :P

amnesia
      Spectator

Its an best of sort of, 2xcds set with singels and b-sides, its pretty awesome.

Danni
      Spectator

Its an best of sort of, 2xcds set with singels and b-sides, its pretty awesome.[/quote:1y65hiip]

Oooh, I bought that one when it was released back in November of 1999 as the Beastie Boys fan I am (was..), great collection, definately.

Anonymous
      Spectator

blah blah
      I’m listening to last years intro music and going into Cupid de Locke

blueczarina
      Spectator

i have been listening to Franz Ferdinand today.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJXAWa5jxKc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tOmA4YZds0[/youtube]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Peter Gabriel – Hit

Old MacDonald–Baby Einstein

today i have been in such a socal mood i have listened to sublime, everclear and lit.

\"life is to short so
      love the one you got
      cause you might get run over
      or you might get shot
      never start no static
      i just get it off my chest
      never had no problem
      with my bullet proof vest\"

sublime what i got

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I’ve had to listen to Jeffree Star for two days straight. :x

I love my sister so much fro that great music experience.

I am listening to the new Placebo album. It’s pretty damn good!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i still need to get that. i like Placebo.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Eminem – Relapse

Also bought Tinted Windows. Will give that a spin on my 8hour drive tomorrow. :arrow:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Also bought Tinted Windows. Will give that a spin on my 8hour drive tomorrow. :arrow:[/quote:38ludmw6]

that sounds like 8 hours of torture :x you better bring a backup CD. :wink:

yes it does. i would rather be waterboarded.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yes it does. i would rather be waterboarded.[/quote:xbcgjeyn]

me too

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i gave it a spin. i’m a big fan of fountains of wayne. it’s got a little bit of that going on. it’s not the worst album i’ve ever heard…

blueczarina
      Spectator

what’s the worst then. i’m scared. :shock:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I haven’t gone to bed yet..I’ve been up for 24 hours..
      I’m tired and I’m up for the day tough :(
      damn Pumpkins people all over the world :lol:

why didn’t you go to sleep? chatting too much?

i gave it a spin. i’m a big fan of fountains of wayne. it’s got a little bit of that going on. it’s not the worst album i’ve ever heard…[/quote:2oja4zqk]

yeah yeah, you just don’t want to say it sucks ass hard, ass that ain’t been washed in a week. ewwww

blueczarina
      Spectator

ewww, and yeah, he just doesn’t want to make James sad. :P surely you must know its right up there with the rack and being drawn and quartered.

Pipoka
      Spectator

franz ferdinand!

Anonymous
      Spectator

zeitgeist :D

pantera 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

Sid Vicious- his stuff is kind of catchy in a wasted sort of way. 8)

amnesia
      Spectator

Zwan: Hideout vol 1 and 2

blueczarina
      Spectator

listen to this guys. holy shit. :shock: this is an awesome Nirvana piano cover.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cqb310kNfM&feature=PlayList&p=078A546F9DC61427&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3[/youtube]

that was really cool :) kind of relaxing

Sid Vicious- his stuff is kind of catchy in a wasted sort of way. 8)[/quote:d3zoi11v]

oh i love the sex pistols. now i have anarchy in the uk stuck in my head

i was listening to zeitgeist this morning :D

Danni
      Spectator

Right now I’m listening to The Hellacopters \"By The Grace Of God\"…..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1aZUzaAdJY[/youtube]

The video is a smasher, the song is a killer.

Seriously, one of the greatest tunes of all time, this one! 8)

Love the one angle video too.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Sid Vicious- his stuff is kind of catchy in a wasted sort of way. 8)[/quote:22zkjgmf]

oh i love the sex pistols. now i have anarchy in the uk stuck in my head[/quote:22zkjgmf]

yeah, i’ve been listening to his stuff as of late. i like Sid’s rendition of My Way and those live songs on his Sid Sings album thing.

Johnny Rotten is an ass though. him and his guys actually attacked Kele Okereke of Bloc Party backstage at some festival thing. he was just asking a nice fan question and being friendly but they flipped out because they are homophobic and racist. it’s kind of tainted him in my mind some. :roll:

fine music though, he’s just a prick

Anonymous
      Spectator

Mostly a large chunk of Godsmack’s discography.

blueczarina
      Spectator

that song is not bad honeymade. i’ve never heard of them before.

Danni
      Spectator

that song is not bad honeymade. i’ve never heard of them before.[/quote:28rfnq3x]

Hey, I’m glad that you actually like them!

They started out as a garage/punk-band in 1994 then heavily inspired by MC5 and Iggy and The Stooges amongst others. Over the years they’ve gotten a "cleaner" sound, not the least when they signed with Universal in 1999.

They are from Sweden. Or they WERE. They broke up in 2008 after 7 studio albums and several EP’s and split singles.

I’ve been a major fan of theirs since 1996.

But I think they are pretty established in the States after tours with MC5, Electric Frankenstein and the Datsuns to name a few…?

To again bring out the music-Hitler in me (like my girlfriend always complaints about :roll: ), I will post two more tune you guys should check out. Really.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fADaagZLxc0[/youtube]
      From 1996.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-BD-9xrXc[/youtube]
      From 2005.

Danni
      Spectator

The guy with the girl at 0:29-0:30 is a swedish actor who actually lives in the same block as me. :D
      Also he’s a great jazz drummer and has in the late 60’s jammed with Jimi Hendrix amongst others.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’ve actually have heard of that band :D
      proud moment :D

I’m listening to MCIS

Arthur
      Spectator

I’ve actually have heard of that band :D[/quote:3cvqlr2h]
      Me too, I even have a cd by that band! If I remember well, something with a live stage and angel wings on the front artwork… can’t check it now, as lots of my cds are stored elsewhere. But it has to be said, they are not bad.

amnesia
      Spectator

Green Day atm.
      Aint me who put that music on.

Danni
      Spectator

I’ve actually have heard of that band :D[/quote:312rhu9m]
      Me too, I even have a cd by that band! If I remember well, something with a live stage and angel wings on the front artwork… can’t check it now, as lots of my cds are stored elsewhere. But it has to be said, they are not bad.[/quote:312rhu9m]

High Visibility from 2000. 8)

i been in an offspring mood lately.

heheh, so you prob liked that little vid i posted on the lol people thread, huh? :P

i love offspring, and i think that vid is funny.

i was listing to smash. i love self esteem.

Danni
      Spectator

i was listing to smash. i love self esteem.[/quote:z1bxv3ht]

Ooh, I miss that 90’s "loser"-mentality. Back then it was "hip" to be a so called "loser". The glory days with artists like Beck, Offspring, Nirvana and such.

I listened to Cap’n Jazz. Energetic, fun, but also distraught, chaotic and quite frankly, batshit insane at times. Their lead singer sounds, at times, like he’s having a complete and total mental breakdown.

Good stuff :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

I was in the car and nothing was, went to the store, came back out
      and Running with the Devil was on…
      I haven’t heard that song in a VERY long time 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

I’ve actually have heard of that band :D[/quote:3irbow2x]
      Me too, I even have a cd by that band! If I remember well, something with a live stage and angel wings on the front artwork… can’t check it now, as lots of my cds are stored elsewhere. But it has to be said, they are not bad.[/quote:3irbow2x]

High Visibility from 2000. 8)[/quote:3irbow2x]
      That’s it! 8)

Danni
      Spectator

Yeah, Artie, certainly is!

That album cover is one of the coolest I’ve ever seen.

mr.benway
      Spectator

hellya, the hellacopters kicks ass!

np: Kasabian – The West Ryder Pauper Lunatic
      http://3voor12.vpro.nl/speler/luisterpaal/42068579

manillascissor
      Keymaster

found some CDs from college:

Garbage – Version 2.0
      System of a Down unreleased songs
      Everclear – Sparkle and Fade
      Smashing Pumpkins – Machina II
      The Cars – Greatest Hits

Anonymous
      Spectator

how do you have a Machina II cd???
      do tell

manillascissor
      Keymaster

how do you have a Machina II cd???
      do tell[/quote:2mlsrokv]

was just burned.

Anonymous
      Spectator

oh… that’s all
      I thought maybe you had some secret story behind some secret cd :P

i was listing to smash. i love self esteem.[/quote:3mdkey2d]

Ooh, I miss that 90’s "loser"-mentality. Back then it was "hip" to be a so called "loser". The glory days with artists like Beck, Offspring, Nirvana and such.[/quote:3mdkey2d]

i know, i miss it too, cause people want me to be all happy and shit all the time, and it’s like, hey folks, i am just not down with that. i guess growing up in the 90’s has scared me for life. but it’s ok i like it.

oh today i listened to the cranberries, and heart.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i know, i miss it too, cause people want me to be all happy and shit all the time, and it’s like, hey folks, i am just not down with that. i guess growing up in the 90’s has scared me for life. but it’s ok i like it.[/quote:20udfr7b]

haha, i love that. :lol: i hate people who bother you about smiling and looking happy and shit. i get that a lot.

i am fairly smiley, but just not all the time, and alot of times i am in a bleah mood, but people expect you to be happy 24/7 and i just can’t deal.

blueczarina
      Spectator

that blows and i always figure that its almost selfish of people to expect that shit out of others.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

jimmie’s chicken shack – pushing the salmanilla envelope

listening to the zero ep

Anonymous
      Spectator

I listened to a hole bucketload of children today :lol:

Zwan is on it’s way in my ears

blueczarina
      Spectator

i listened to Thom Yorke’s album The Eraser

Danni
      Spectator

I listened to a hole bucketload of children today :lol:

Zwan is on it’s way in my ears[/quote:2m37o5py]

That’s an eargasm. 8)

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

The only thing I have listened to today was a Type O Negative performance and
      all I can say is wow. :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

Radiohead’s Hail to the Thief album, one of my favorites

blueczarina
      Spectator

now i’m listening to Amnesiac, also by Radiohead. i love Radiohead.

Anonymous
      Spectator

oooh better not let bullet see these posts of yours blue :lol:

nothing yet…..not sure what I’m fixing to want to hear right now :?

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, but i like Radiohead :P in fact i have been on a Radiohead/ Thom Yorke kick as of late :P :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

cool!! lol just don’t tell bullet :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

99 problems (and a bitch ain’t one) Jay Z
      :oops:

Danni
      Spectator

now i’m listening to Amnesiac, also by Radiohead. i love Radiohead.[/quote:dhap94dc]

Love that one too. Dollars & Cents is definately my favourite off of that album.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i listened to a couple shows today

chicago 8/14/93
      double door 2/28/95
      and
      san jose, ca 12/16/96

blueczarina
      Spectator

that is a good song. i also like the one before it, Morning Bell/ Amnesiac.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Bone Thugs – Creepin’ on a Come Up

some pumpkins
      Spectator

nothin but the blues, on 89.9 kjazz

Danni
      Spectator

Actually,

today I’ve been obsessed with the song called Washington from the If All Goes Wrong dvd.

8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Deftones 8)
      good shit to listen to :)

i listened to TFE :)

Danni
      Spectator

Today: Black SabbathMaster Of Reality (that just might be one of the greatest albums of all time; listen to Into The Void for example…) but also their first one.

And some Faith No More also.

Speaking Of Deftones; Saturday Night Wrist is pretty ok.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i love deftones

manillascissor
      Keymaster

you’re my deftones buddy..

i made a crazy cd for the car, and i am listing to it right now, i am listing to linger right now, oh just changed, beat on the brat, oh yeah oh yeah, love the ramones.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

you’re my deftones buddy..[/quote:1snaqgaz]

they’re recording.

i like faith no more too, but im not as familiar with their catalog as i would like to be.

blueczarina
      Spectator

today i have been listening to Little Boots, Klaxons, and Phoenix. i have been listening to Phoenix’s new album Wolfgang Amadeus a lot lately. i just recently discovered that band and they are pretty good.

mr.benway
      Spectator

today i received a bunch of maxïmo park singles.
      songs: apply some pressure, books from boxes, obstinate ideas, robert altman, our velocity…

:) :) :) :)

[url:3jye3rwi]http://www.getfreevicodin.com/[/url:3jye3rwi]

i’m not spamming, trust me :)

Danni
      Spectator

Sabbath Bloody Freakin’ Sabbath.

mr.benway
      Spectator

Blitzen Trapper – ‘Black River Killer’

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7zyfArxibk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

J.E.L.L.i.’s music

Arthur
      Spectator

Suddenly this band made me sooooo happy today. 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvQ5o50CPxU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzgjiPBCsss[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

I’m listening to Vex Red. I haven’t heard them in years but I listened to them quite a bit back in 2002. But today that’s music I hardly ever listen to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vaGeNW7ask[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m listening to TFE
      haven’t heard it a awhile

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I just got done listening to Ludo’s album You’re Awful, I Love You.

I don’t know it just makes me happy because of the lyrics. :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m listening to The Sky Drops. i was looking through my old downloads on my computer and found them in it. they are actually pretty good. they almost have a smidge of an old pumpkin vibe or something. anyway they are pretty good. you should check them out.

you can actually download their EP for free off of their site here. :)

http://www.theskydrops.com/music.htm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LktKJpQsiM[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

Depeche Mode- Sounds of the Universe

i gave it another try Ayoe. its not bad except Jezebel. that song blows. :wink:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

today at work we were streaming this station on pandora that was alternating opera with 80’s new wave. it would be a depeche mode song followed by pavarotti followed by the cure, followed by some other famous opera song, followed by the eurithmics so on and so forth. it was really wierd, but cool at the same time. it made me laugh. and some customers too.

blueczarina
      Spectator

thats funny. what was this station called?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

im not sure. i didnt ask or look.

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s alright

i haven’t listened to any radio, internet or otherwise in a long time.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m listening to some Garbage

blueczarina
      Spectator

i like Garbage, the band not the crap. :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

hahaha exactly blue ;)

Danni
      Spectator

The Sky Drops are cool.

I’m listening to Red Sparowes right now. Before that: Jesu and some Isis.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LuvSLRYEec[/youtube]

amnesia
      Spectator

Been listning to Nephew all day.Its a Danish band.
      Check out there new singel, i bet some of you guys would love it, it starts out slow, but it rocks. 8)
      I bet Blue will like this. :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY9eTihrKM0[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

One of the best new songs I heard in ages. Awesome, very cool song/band!

blueczarina
      Spectator

Been listning to Nephews all day.Its a Danish band.
      Check out there new singel, i bet some of you guys would love it, it starts out slow, but it rocks. 8)
      I bet Blue will like this. :wink: [/quote:chaxro86]

holy crap, i do! i will definitely be downloading some Nephew. 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl5kGbxqtUA&NR=1[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

definitely gonna try and listen to some more Nephew…not bad Amnesia ;)
      good stuffs!!!

amnesia
      Spectator

Glad you guys liked it. :wink:
      I just knew you would love it Blue, i just knew. :)
      Though im kinda surprised that Arthur like it. :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

yes, i was guaranteed to like it. :lol: they remind me of Depeche Mode. i actually downloaded their Danmark Denmark album after hearing this. i need to get the rest of their stuff here. they are a pretty great band. :)

amnesia
      Spectator

yes, i was guaranteed to like it. :lol: they remind me of Depeche Mode. i actually downloaded their Danmark Denmark album after hearing this. i need to get the rest of their stuff here. they are a pretty great band. :)[/quote:1u1260tk]

Most of there songs are in Danish, dunno how much you understand of that :lol:
      Yes, Danmark, Denmark kicks ass, very good cd, went downtown today and bought it.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i have no freakin clue what they are saying :lol: but it sounds cool. :wink: i listen to some other foreign stuff though so i guess it doesn’t bother me so much.

Arthur
      Spectator

Though im kinda surprised that Arthur like it. :lol:[/quote:1hx0ve9l]
      It simply rocks. And I wouldn’t compare these guys to Depeche Mode, because Depeche Mode is not even allowed to step in the shadows of this Nephew band… :P

Based on this 007 song, I say: awesome band! I will check them out also. You know, every now and then, not even once a year I guess, a previously unknown band can strike me like lightning, when I recognize and feel the passion, the rock, the creativity, the honesty, the show, the attitude… whatever. Over the years I had it with Kiss, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Uriah Heep, Dead Kennedys, Reboelje, Hallo Venray, Nirvana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Smashing Pumpkins, 16 Horsepower, Noir Desir… And a few more I guess, but these pop up first now. And this Nephew band might be in that list for me… :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i just downloaded another Nephew album- USADSB. 8)

and Depeche Mode kicks ass too Arthur. :P

amnesia
      Spectator

Though im kinda surprised that Arthur like it. :lol:[/quote:1eub3xz7]
      It simply rocks. And I wouldn’t compare these guys to Depeche Mode, because Depeche Mode is not even allowed to step in the shadows of this Nephew band… :P

Based on this 007 song, I say: awesome band! I will check them out also. You know, every now and then, not even once a year I guess, a previously unknown band can strike me like lightning, when I recognize and feel the passion, the rock, the creativity, the honesty, the show, the attitude… whatever. Over the years I had it with Kiss, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Uriah Heep, Dead Kennedys, Reboelje, Hallo Venray, Nirvana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Smashing Pumpkins, 16 Horsepower, Noir Desir… And a few more I guess, but these pop up first now. And this Nephew band might be in that list for me… :)[/quote:1eub3xz7]

Wow, Arthur, you must really like this song :)
      The Nephew band is overall an ok band, never liked the first couple of albums they did, reason is, they to werid for me, the lyrics especially, i dont even think Pip´s mushrooms would help me to understand the lyrics :lol:
      There breakthrough came in " Interkom Kom Ind (2006) album", kick ass album and now the new one they just released Danmark,Denmark which i would recomand you to listen to, even thought most of the songs are in Danish, Seems Blue like that album as well. :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

and Depeche Mode kicks ass too Arthur. :P[/quote:9sy5tyqn]

Thats there second album from 2004, Blue.I really dont like that one, one werid ass album.
      Try looking for the "Interkom Kom Ind" album from 2006, not as good as Danmark Denmark, but its awesome.

Anonymous
      Spectator

and Depeche Mode kicks ass too Arthur. :P[/quote:1d4khimf]

wow you music hoard :twisted:

agreed Depeche Mode kick ass one of my favs when I was younger

Arthur
      Spectator

I always have an ear listening in France, to discover new bands over there… So fond of that country! My latest discovery: La Caravane Passe! Music style: rocktzigan, or balkan-party-rock! Leave that lazy chair and jump! jump! jump! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh49fLPhw2I[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46OlgZpoH8w[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ll get that one Ayoe. i just illegally download everything

and i am a hoarder of music. guilty as charged. :lol:

and i agree about French bands. i don’t have time now, but i will find some vids for a couple of my French faves later. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

now for Frenchie stuff ;)

here is Phoenix. i really love them.

If I Ever Feel Better

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiUPr5fEyaA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iYRg1A_piM[/youtube]

and here is Turzi. they are kind of techno, kind of prog, kind of trance-ish. it depends what of their stuff you are listening to. i’m not even sure which tracks to put up, but i like them. and their live stuff tends to be kind of improvisational. they are pretty cool, but a bit of a trip.

Amadeus

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX5qWKwJjNk[/youtube]

A

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we8CUQuX9vg[/youtube]

Derrick Starter

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjwXvtETQrE[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

i’ll get that one Ayoe. i just illegally download everything

and i am a hoarder of music. guilty as charged. :lol:

and i agree about French bands. i don’t have time now, but i will find some vids for a couple of my French faves later. :wink:[/quote:3789q8rv]

Speaking of french bands. La Nana are great.

Anonymous
      Spectator

blue your first 2 videos did not work
      I actually liked the last one posted though…not too sure about the 2 that I could hear…they didn’t seem to have much change within in the music..just seemed so repetitive
      it’s different that’s for sure

some pumpkins
      Spectator

deftones – saturday night wrist
      deftones – around the fur
      gravity demos

Anonymous
      Spectator

oooh nice choice in listening :D
      love Deftones and of course Pumpkins too

Arthur
      Spectator

np: Smashing Pumpkins – If All Goes Wrong – Gossamer (goose bumps! :twisted: )

Danni
      Spectator

Django Reinhardt all the way.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6jwvS0mHwo[/youtube]

There will never again be music like this. :cry:

blueczarina
      Spectator

blue your first 2 videos did not work
      I actually liked the last one posted though…not too sure about the 2 that I could hear…they didn’t seem to have much change within in the music..just seemed so repetitive
      it’s different that’s for sure[/quote:20wpz9gk]

Turzi have kind of a techno/ trance feel to some of their stuff. they are pretty experimental though. and i tend to listen to a lot of electronic music. some of it tends to be repetitive to a degree, but that music tends to be about the vibe and a continuous beat. a lot of electronic stuff is geared towards the whole dance/ rave thing.

and i will find new links for Phoenix. they have real upbeat pleasant stuff. i can’t test the links at work here, but maybe if i repost them they will work. ;)

and i will check out this other French band honeymade.

i have been listening to Nephew and Depeche Mode lately. oh, and Ayoe- i did download Interkom Kom Ind. i like that one too. i need to put all of the lyrics in google translator though so i know what i’m listening too. :P

Fool In The Rain by LZ!!! :lol: :wink:

gossamer! i have been on a gossamer kick lately! i really love it!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

30 seconds to mars – self titled
      deftones – white pony
      311 – transistor

some pumpkins
      Spectator

sp – pisces iscariot
      squarepusher – hard normal daddy

Arthur
      Spectator

There will never again be music like this. :cry:[/quote:3e82oyz0]
      I love surprises like this! :lol:

mr.benway
      Spectator

[/quote:ysfhhzdl]
      thanks for the link… phantasic music… :D

np: aiff (afro influenced funk federation, from dordrecht – netherlands)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WltEIHxEOcs[/youtube]

some pumpkins
      Spectator

listening to radiohead at work. what a beautiful thing.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i love Radiohead. the only music they play at my work is shit country or shit pop in the back.

Arthur
      Spectator

i love Radiohead. the only music they play at my work is shit country or shit pop in the back.[/quote:10a7toqo]
      Solution: plug some big fat speakers into your pc, and then turn up the volume to MAX after you clicked here:

http://radio.the-zomb.com/

And then, rock their sox off! 8)

(np Smashing Pumpkins – Mayonaise (live Del Mar CA 1993/10/23))

i’ve been listening to Kings Of Leon lately :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i love Radiohead. the only music they play at my work is shit country or shit pop in the back.[/quote:1g5wdfon]
      Solution: plug some big fat speakers into your pc, and then turn up the volume to MAX after you clicked here:

http://radio.the-zomb.com/

And then, rock their sox off! 8)

(np Smashing Pumpkins – Mayonaise (live Del Mar CA 1993/10/23))[/quote:1g5wdfon]

i should put on pumpkin radio 8) with my luck though Billy will be screaming Fuck You when some old lady comes in with chest pains. :? :wink:

today i have been listening to Tiesto and Sneaky Sound Systems I Will Be Here EP. 8)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i love Radiohead. the only music they play at my work is shit country or shit pop in the back.[/quote:3jbqxifz]

shit pop :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

yup :lol: basically the crap they play on those pop/ rap/ emo shit/ crap alternative stations. :wink: i’m thinking of the station my brother listens to mainly.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

in a deftones mood

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3JxLv5Z0D8&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzMeNuTAKCM&feature=related[/youtube]

some pumpkins
      Spectator

and a team sleep mood

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7IPcgksDQM&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyILUsScf-4&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeUducm-5II&feature=related[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

Johnny Winter:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHzfVoaP27k[/youtube]

This man’s a white Jimi Hendrix. And I mean white. He and his brother are actually albinos.

Still: the greatest music there is. You can even hear a bit of Motown in this tune.

Tion
      Spectator

i listen to SITS…
      besides that, i listen to velvet underground.
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwzaifhSw2c[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

The Machina demos today

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Tom Waits, my savior, as of late

blueczarina
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5m4BfJToQU[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

this is kind of cool. its a vid that was made for the Nephew song Police Bells and Church Sirens.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7qLfP1S_g&NR=1[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

It’s an Adore day
      thx to the rain

Danni
      Spectator

This is as good as it gets in 2009. 6666; Extra super evil tune.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBcADQziQWY[/youtube]

I even took off and bought the album. This world is crazy. C-r-a-z-y I say.

Arthur
      Spectator

Discovered a new French band, Orchestre Poly-Rythmo De Cotonou

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzK7ttlR0LQ[/youtube]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

This is as good as it gets in 2009. 6666; Extra super evil tune.

I even took off and bought the album. This world is crazy. C-r-a-z-y I say.[/quote:3sxq2unx]

How’s the album? Who’s the new guy?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

that alice in chains song rocks pretty fuckin hard. and the french band sounds pretty chill. i gave a few of their songs a listen. kind of a \"poly-tripped out-jazz-funk\" sound 8) and the singer really has that james brown style \"yeaoooowwwww \" down.

today, while driving around in the rain, i listened to the bwbw and 33 ep’s. destination unknown kicks ass.

and now im in a perfect circle mood. love these 2 songs.
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgiqNapUx0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB3Gv4oZdWo[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

and now im in a perfect circle mood.[/quote:3j5hod1q]
      8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGAOqpBNxC8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDlC7oG_2W4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pLGIgyfjw[/youtube]

some pumpkins
      Spectator

so, ya like tool arthur?

blueczarina
      Spectator

I like Hollow. Perfect Circle has some great stuff. i like their music. i also like that song Judith.

as for Tool, i like their song Sober, but other than that i don’t listen to them much. not because i dislike them though. i just don’t have much.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

judith is such a pretty song. if you don’t already know em, check out parabole and parabola, by tool, from lateralus. epic.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i looked up Tool on youtube. i liked that song. i’m downloading the Lateralus album right now. i forgot i knew the song Schism on that. i also like that song.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

heard this at work the other day

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZdggNUvq0[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

so, ya like tool arthur?[/quote:nrp4l25w]
      Yeah, very. I got into that band several years ago when I watched a DVD with their clips and arts and things at my friend Vincent in Amsterdam. Very cool. I have a concert 2CD boot somewhere too… :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i got a random friend request from this band Circle of Reason on myspace. they have some pretty good stuff. you should give them a listen. they have a pleasant sound.

http://www.myspace.com/circleofreason

some pumpkins
      Spectator

so, ya like tool arthur?[/quote:gh89knge]
      Yeah, very. I got into that band several years ago when I watched a DVD with their clips and arts and things at my friend Vincent in Amsterdam. Very cool. I have a concert 2CD boot somewhere too… :wink:[/quote:gh89knge]

i think they’re working on new stuff. ever had the oppertunity to see them live?

Arthur
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=403XVPhKKf8[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

i think they’re working on new stuff. ever had the oppertunity to see them live?[/quote:3p75otkv]
      Cool! But no, unfortunately not :cry:

Arthur
      Spectator

The latest single of 1 our best rock singers in NL: Anouk

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWMTxyZomt4[/youtube]

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I’ve been listening to Shiny Toy Guns album We Are Pilots.
      I used to like them when I was in 10th grade and I started listening to them again. :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i like that album. ^^ :)

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

Awesome. :)

Do you have a favorite song from that album?

Arthur
      Spectator

Funny! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32vpgNiAH60[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXIX5zQ02bg[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

those vids are funny Arthur :lol:

Awesome. :)

Do you have a favorite song from that album?[/quote:uftyzovd]

and i’m not sure what my favorite song is off of that album. i was thinking about that. i like Le Disco and You Are the One. i like most of the album though except When They Came For Us. i think thats the one i don’t like. i don’t have my ipod on me.

i also really like their songs Major Tom and Stripped.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I like those ones as well, I also like Rainy Monday but not as much as the other two.
      I can’t remember the album right now because it’s on my other computer.

I also like Major Tom although like them better with their first singer. :)

Danni
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBC6_gjX1g[/youtube]

This song is the shit afterh a bottle offh whiskey…. Whatf afucking life.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

Fuck Yes!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Danni
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiXQhIOICWw&playnext_from=TL&videos=cEy2PtmFpU0[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

Gogol Bordello, a gypsy punk band from the US. Quite entertaining, to say the least.

I think I’m going to check out their DVD \"Live from Axis Mundi\".

marigold
      Spectator

Billy Corgan – The World’s Fair from the Chicago Songs

(It made me sad :cry: – don’t know why)

Also this one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jotDBl1vilg[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

^ EITSky. :) :twisted:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

Gogol Bordello, a gypsy punk band from the US. Quite entertaining, to say the least.

I think I’m going to check out their DVD "Live from Axis Mundi".[/quote:3vesrygj]

they’re pretty cool. i saw them about a year and a half ago at the l.a. weekly detour festival. it was a cool show. they shut down the 4 streets that surround city hall, downtown. and they had stages at each of the 4 intersections. and it was nighttime. very cool environment. i went there for mars volta, but gogol bordello was a surprise hilight.

Danni
      Spectator

I think I’m going to check out their DVD "Live from Axis Mundi".[/quote:2lebkd1w]

saw them in 2007. That russian violinist is quite a character, aaaaight? Sergey-something.

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbDbBal53ig[/youtube]

Voidhanger
      Spectator

Listened to the following albums today:

AFFLICTED – Prodigal Sun
      CREMATORY – Denial
      LIMBONIC ART – Ad Noctum – Dynasty of Death
      TORMENTOR – Anno Domini

Anonymous
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPjDMZiuhbQ[/youtube]

such a great song :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

lots of nirvana

Voidhanger
      Spectator

After receiving my copy of Complete Demos by DISMEMBER this morning, I’ve been listening to a lot of that today.

Arthur
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbDbBal53ig[/youtube][/quote:da7ezp38]
      Yeah, I remember that from the Live Earth dvd, very cool. Thanks for bringing that into memory, I had not thought that I had seen them before already! :lol:

Voidhanger
      Spectator

Today’s playlist:

AUTOPSY – Ridden with Disease
      DREAM DEATH – Back from the Dead
      ETERNAL DARKNESS – Total Darkness
      FORCE OF DARKNESS – Force of Darkness
      IBEX THRONE – Total Inversion
      MASTICATION / EXHUMED – Wicked Material Sanity

some pumpkins
      Spectator

deftones – diamond eyes
      saosin – translating the name ep

Sauli
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VucczIg98Gw[/youtube]

Gotta admit that Tom Paxton is Genius, and Seeger is of course great performer and probably greatest storyteller in history of music.

Arthur
      Spectator

I was in a Ted Nugent mood tonight. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44l_-6LDObM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHDA5nHlDrQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2QZ_ImlReY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RMVzG7dP80[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

Gotta admit that Tom Paxton is Genius, and Seeger is of course great performer and probably greatest storyteller in history of music.[/quote:3ix4xq9l]
      Not admitting that just like that, but it inspired me to start listening to Fats.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgBAL-Ox230[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmHDWgkktzk[/youtube]

so far:
      roxy music – avalon
      muse – black holes and revelations
      arctic monkeys – whatever people say i am, that’s what i’m not

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I’m been listening to Neil Young today. :)

Voidhanger
      Spectator

Been listening to ABSURD all day, especially Thuringian Pagan Madness.

Anonymous
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVGJgwqDFQc&feature=related[/youtube]

Sauli
      Spectator

Depeche Mode
      ***Liberated Bootleg***
      KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas Festival
      Shrine Auditorium
      Los Angeles, CA
      December 12, 1998
      T.REX Records TRCD100

Source: CD Silver > EAC (wav) > MKW (shn)

1: Barrel of a Gun
      2: Policy of Truth
      3: It’s Not Good
      4: Walking In My Shoes
      5: Sister of Night *
      6: A Question of Lust *
      7: Enjoy the Silence
      8: In Your Room
      9: Behind the Wheel
      10: Personal Jesus
      11: Never Let Me Down (Again) **

Time: 61:30

Notes:

* Acoustic
      ** w/ Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins)

Voidhanger
      Spectator

BURZUM – Belus
      DIMMU BORGIR – Devil’s Path
      DODHEIMSGARD – Kronet til Konge

some pumpkins
      Spectator

Spangled – like 10 times today. that song is so good. i love the live band and studio versions

manillascissor
      Keymaster

shitload of muse.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Highly recommended for those, \"Bah what to listen to?\" times: http://www.nicbommarito.com/music.html

Sauli
      Spectator

PALACE BROTHERS
      Salzburg, Argekultur
      15/09/94 Soundboard.

with:
      Jack Carneal (drums)
      Aram Stith (solo guitar)
      Jason Stith (bass)

unknown rip specs>data disc trade>traders little helper

01. the cellar song
      02. i am a cinematographer
      03. no more workhorse blues
      04. o lord are you in need
      05. stable will
      06. meaulnes
      07. o how i enjoy the light
      08. agnes, queen of sorrow
      09. all is grace
      10. whither thou goest
      11. come in
      12. drinking woman
      13. you will miss me when i burn
      14. pushkin
      15. west palm beach
      16. merida
      17. idle hands are the devil’s playthings

fantastic quality soundboard of early palace bros
      last song \"ohio river boat song\" is missing….

Arthur
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu-onEe9wbw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqJ4NzRYzt8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yti6slfqcOU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdVGHnp-Mo8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXU5zUHA1Ak[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94RNp7veIJE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4tyDRhU_4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEsJOX866OI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7A9psJrC-8[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

And I was in a Thin Lizzy mood too. Oh boy, that band is really great. 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BVjsx_YriI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYiasrwM2T4[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOa1a8hYP8[/youtube]

today i listened to:
      bob dylan – john wesley harding
      smashing pumpkins, just some b-sides
      creedence clearwater revival – mardi gras
      radiohead – the king of limbs

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Celtic 3 – r*****s 0

x.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

……and depeche mode!

i just cant get enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

amnesia
      Spectator

today i listened to:
      bob dylan – john wesley harding
      smashing pumpkins, just some b-sides
      creedence clearwater revival – mardi gras
      radiohead – the king of limbs[/quote:3fvi0t76]

Is the new Radiohead album any good Bram? I so want to listen to it. :(

amnesia
      Spectator

Yay, finally had the chance to listen to Radiohead – The King of Limbs :)

i don’t know what to think of that album.

amnesia
      Spectator

i don’t know what to think of that album.[/quote:1hsnlyvt]

Its not that bad i think..But its definitely not the best album either.

My fav is still Amnesiac

no, it’s not bad. but i was expecting a bit more.

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ld3c_IVmk8[/youtube]

and a few other of their songs. They’re playing in concert next month – might be the only decent concert I see this year.

Arthur
      Spectator

The complete discography of Hallo Venray. Gasoline (live) is my favourite song, so far. 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

all american rejects (multiple songs)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6APxbBYnoo[/youtube]

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I remember my sister and I used to listen to them.
      The video for that song is pretty hilarious.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, they seem to have a great sense of humor. probably why i like them so much. :)

amnesia
      Spectator

Woke up to Adore, then i was eating breakfast with The King Of Limbs, and now its The Future Embrace thats playing.

marigold
      Spectator

Checking out songs from Pretty Hate Machine – NIN.

Didn’t expect it to be so……techno/dancey. I think Closer and Perfect Drug gave me the impression that they were more alt rock style.

marigold
      Spectator

been listening to Lightning Strikes for the last…hour. Now stopping before I get sick of it!

Arthur
      Spectator

Last night I had a friend over, and we played the original BBC Transcription discs with the 1993 and 1995 Smashing Pumpkins concerts. Man, did we have headbanging fun! 8)

But I came to realize that the 1993 disc is being introduced by DJ Mark Goodier, the guy that received that unique Cherub Rock promo CD ( http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3241 )!

\"Hello, this is Mark Goodier, welcome to In Concert. Today we have a quite stunning American band who’ve really made an impact over the last few months: The Smashing Pumpkins. This Chicago based band is lead by the extremely talented Billy Corgan, who writes the songs, sings and plays guitar. Journalists and musicfans alike have become hooked on the strength of the group’s songs on their album called Siamese Dream. And as you’ll hear, the live performance lives up to the promise of their recorded material. We recorded them in Manchester as part of their recent UK tour. So stand by for some serious live music, this is Smashing Pumpkins.\"

(applause of Manchester audience, Quiet thunders in…)

blueczarina
      Spectator

why hello people! i haven’t posted here in a long assed time although i peek occasionally. today i listened to Machina and pre-Gish. 8)

marigold
      Spectator

hi blueczarina :)

I’ve been listening to New Order and Deftones.

Yes, I know, unusual combination.

Arthur
      Spectator

Hey blue, all well?

Was in a psychobilly surfpunk mood this week. Lots of

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1OFC892tlU[/youtube]

And some

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0EJjqVjPgU[/youtube]

some pumpkins
      Spectator

EP II – The Solstice Bare and Deftones – Around The Fur

amnesia
      Spectator

EP II – The Solstice Bare and Deftones – Around The Fur[/quote:2ldazhdv]

Brandon still alive :) Where have you been?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

EP II – The Solstice Bare and Deftones – Around The Fur[/quote:2cpum6w5]

Brandon still alive :) Where have you been?[/quote:2cpum6w5]

I’ve been hanging out. Life has been busy these days. I hope you’re doing good Ayoe :D

amnesia
      Spectator

All well here Brandon :) Good to see you again :)

earlier today i listen to the Teargarden Vol 1 + 2, Except Stitch in Time.

Sauli
      Spectator

Smog

December 4, 2001

Kulturbolaget, Malmo

SBD > FM > CD > FLAC

Complete broadcast… incomplete show

Probable broacast date-
      Swedish National Radio, SR, on March 7, 2002

Originally seeded at EZTree
      —————————————————
      http://www.myspace.com/smoggertone
      http://www.myspace.com/toomuchtolove
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smog_(band)

Indie / Folk / Experimental
      —————————————————

01 I Was A Stranger 3:02

02 River Guard 6:35

03 Ex-Con 3:57

04 Chosen One 3:54

05 Crowd Noise/Station ID 0:07

06 I Break Horses 7:02

07 Dress Sexy At My Funeral 5:40

08 Teenage Spaceship 4:22

09 Crowd Noise 0:14

10 Song 5:49

11 All Your Woman Things 7:13

12 Crowd Noise 0:18

13 Natural Decline 7:39

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paQOO0KnLGA[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

A Death Cinematic – Epochs Shifting Out Of Time
      A Death Cinematic – A Parable on the Aporia of Vengeance and the Beauty of Impenetrable Sadness (yes, I have 1 of the very limited, 250 copies only(!), 2CD release… 8) )

If any of you is into apocalyptic, ambient, romantic, guitar droning that makes your spine shiver and your skin go goosebumps, please check out this 1-man-band. Get a feel for it with track names like \"we brave the storms while our lands fall into the sea beneath the pandemonium of the sun\", \"and these nights have brought us something worse\" and \"but to the gods these failures are torn by death\". Worthwhile checking out, believe me.

marigold
      Spectator

cool – found their myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/adeathcinematic

Arthur
      Spectator

And… you likes?

Either you like it or you hate it, I guess. This guy is in the same league as Godspeed You Black Emperor, Fly Pan Am, etc. But instead he is doing it all alone. I just browsed his MySpace pages (thanks for the link!), and someone somewhere wrote there: \"it conveys perfectly the idea of a post-nuclear barren land…\" and yeah… that’s it. The land where I wander sometimes, where I listen to just this music (or Godspeed, or Fly Pan Am).

Talking about Fly Pan Am, I have 1 of their albums, which I bought at a concert. After the show I went to their tour van, and I talked a bit with the guys of the band. Since no one else came to the same idea, I was all alone with them, while they were loading their equipment themselves, and I helped them (well, it’s not a big rock band anyway, though they are from Canada and were doing a rather proper European tour at that time)! Anyway, I asked them for a signature, which I never do, because I hate to ask such silly questions. Or maybe I’m shy, I don’t know… Anyway again, 1 of the band members took the album I had just bought, went into the tour van and it took him quite a while to come back. He returned the album to me, and to my astonishment he had reworked the whole album artwork with a pencil! I can not figure out if his signature is somewhere to be found between his drawings, but to me this is one of the coolest things ever happened in my music-listening-life… 8)

marigold
      Spectator

wow, that is pretty cool, don’t know many musicians who would do that!

and yeah I like the music. :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

hey arthur, can you scan in the reworked album artwork. i’d like to see it.

Arthur
      Spectator

Sure, here you go. It’s a brown recycled paper cardsleeve with orange artwork and silver words. But all the extra pencil scriblings are the guy’s work. Maybe his signature is down right, I don’t know. It’s just a very funny item with a cool story…

\"those who invent have never lived (?)\"

interesting.

Arthur
      Spectator

Irony, I guess. If you see them play life, they are the inventors of a completely new type of performance. Hard to explain, you have to see it. I think it is called post-rock. They use everything, sometimes including the people in the audience, as an instrument to create rock drones & apocalyptical soundscapes. You never know if they fix an instrument/machine, or break it apart… It was quite funny. And impressive too, since it blowed us from our socks. Some tracks were very aggressive.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyXoWA6S67k[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pde2Uj9JGZ8[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

I didn’t like the first one, but I like the second one – sounds like it was recorded in a busy kitchen with pots and steam, and fires, and aeroplanes taking off outside. :)

This is some electro-pop type music from a NZ band that did quite well in the 90’s. I had been looking for their albums for a few months now, and found one of their CDs in a 2nd hand store the other day. 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl2QAKkqpVM[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

Wow, actually very good! Never thought I could actually like this type of electronics, but I have to say… it’s good!

But since you can handle an alternative approach to electronic rock, let me introduce another band I like (clip NSFW).

\"The Belgian sound art ensemble MAGDALENA SOLIS is named after the high priestess of an obscure Mexican 1960s blood cult. Thus it is well unsurprising, that listening to its music feels like undergoing a blood transfusion. “Hesperia” is an elaborate blend of menacing Miasmah-Dones, the Mideastern-Psych of the GRAILS, Spacerock a la WHITE HILLS and the trippy Krautrock of ABUNAI. It is a colorful and surreal sonic journey into the bizarre and unknown states of the human spirit.\"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHjqSp2xIg0[/youtube]

Here is their website ( http://magdalenasolis.bandcamp.com/ ), try that song Wake up and start to dream (I love the tune!) and their first album is now downloadable for free, I noticed. Try the song Jinxed for example, and play it loud… See if the speakers survive! :lol:

Danni
      Spectator

I didn’t like the first one, but I like the second one – sounds like it was recorded in a busy kitchen with pots and steam, and fires, and aeroplanes taking off outside. :)

This is some electro-pop type music from a NZ band that did quite well in the 90’s. I had been looking for their albums for a few months now, and found one of their CDs in a 2nd hand store the other day. 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl2QAKkqpVM[/youtube][/quote:1f8ymytc]

Resembles somewhat of Morcheeba.

marigold
      Spectator

^^ It does a bit.

But since you can handle an alternative approach to electronic rock, let me introduce another band I like (clip NSFW). [/quote:2ak97ib3]

oh my, yes – NSFW.

hmmm, not sure I like it, but it is interesting.

I listened to some Bjork, Smashing Pumpkins, Muse and Nine Inch Nails tonight.

SP – An Ode to No One (final metro show) – where Billy sings/growls in 2 tones. 8)

marigold
      Spectator

Some U2 – The Joshua Tree songs
      Aphex Twin – Boy/Girl song and Flim
      and Radiohead – Idioteque and Lotus Flower

marigold
      Spectator

Prince – The Gold Experience
      and
      Onelinedrawing – The Volunteers – I liked the cover, and the songs sound kinda like Weezer, not bad

Danni
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Rc617KnY4[/youtube]

Back in 1992, only bad boys wore dresses (wasn’t Corgan and Iha wearing one at Reading the same year, and Kobain in 1993, Hollywood?)

Arthur
      Spectator

Purple Haze, done by a girl that could (and should! :lol: ) be my daughter.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsCr1eR8ahI[/youtube]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

far – at night we live and pony

at night we live is about chi (deftones)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

at night we live is about chi (deftones)

Danni
      Spectator

Will see the Foos in three weeks. Will see Dylan in four weeks. Cheers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7iIgci6m30&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwSZvHqf9qM[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

at night we live is about chi (deftones)[/quote:komw1ls3]

omg that song is pretty epic! :shock:

this is also epic – I am going to see this band on Saturday 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gZDm8oKmAg[/youtube]

enjoy the flight, make sure you haven’t had too much to eat or drink beforehand though! :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Jakob is pretty cool indeed. 8)

Last night I went to a concert of Iron Maiden in Gelredome, Arnhem. Quite funny, to relive my old metal party days.

This is where they bring on 1 of their stage features. I found the 4 meter alien that played guitar during 1 of the songs even more funny, but I couldn’t find it on youtube yet. Anyway, enjoy! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5vz9xvrqk[/youtube]

Edit, found it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpH3EfVL–0[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

been listening to some Zwan

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfaeOnSHq2c[/youtube]

and Team Sleep

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxQh13uAGes[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

listened to this:

Danni
      Spectator

My friend who I played together with in Honey Made Opiate has this new band, called HAV. Their latest tune \"Lost Song\" kicks major ass. They really found a good drummer…. very Jimmy Chamberlin inspired.

http://www.reverbnation.com/hav

C’mon, give \"Lost Song\" a listen.

blueczarina
      Spectator

that is an awesome song Honeymade. 8) the singer reminds me a little of Cobain vocal wise. they kind of have a Nirvana vibe in parts.

do they have any album plans or downloads anywhere? :wink: they are very good.

Danni
      Spectator

Hmmmm… well, perhaps there’s a Nirvanuh vibe, I guess :)

As it’s a quite fresh band, I think it’s only demos. Nope, don’t know if they have any plans on releasing those tracks. Cool you like it!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

katy perry – firework
      hav – lost song
      gin blossoms

foo fighters dvd

marigold
      Spectator

katy perry – firework
      [/quote:1miiamju]

:shock: :roll:

I’m listening to the Lovedrug album ‘Pretend You’re Alive’

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hf15IKsxNE[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

just discovered this band – really liking this song.

Arthur – check the 2nd top comment on the youtube page – you poor things!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanF1ShPvVo[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

My friend who I played together with in Honey Made Opiate has this new band, called HAV. Their latest tune "Lost Song" kicks major ass. They really found a good drummer…. very Jimmy Chamberlin inspired.

http://www.reverbnation.com/hav

C’mon, give "Lost Song" a listen.[/quote:vt64dr6q]

cool song – definitely can hear that Nirvana vibe too.

Sauli
      Spectator

Zwan
      11.16.01 The Glass House; Pomona, CA

Taper: Fares Halteh + Jason Guzman
      Source: DPA-4061>M1 + SS DSM-6SL>PA-6LC3B(170)>MZR37
      Location: 25 feet from stage, dead center + 2 feet in front/beneath right hanging stacks.
      Conversion: PCM-R300>Coax Cable>midiman 2496 audiophile>cool edit pro + Sony Home MDS JB940 > S/PDIF > Zoltrix Nightengale > Cool Edit 2000 > CDWave
      Resampling: software downsample via cooledit pre/post filter High Qaulity 999, 44.1k 16 bit stereo
      Editor: Fares Halteh
      Editing: paragraphic equalizer in soudforge – some bass removal on DPA source. Mixed in Cool Edit Pro 4 track
      SHN: master wav’s > cdwave editor > MKW Audio Compression Tool

********************************************************************************
      THIS SHOW IS TO BE MP3’d
      ********************************************************************************

Disc 1 (74:36)
      01. Intro (01:46)
      02. Chrysanthemum (04:27)
      03. Permanence (04:05)
      04. El Sol (04:28)
      05. The Empty Sea (04:53)
      06. Instrumental (How Things Are) (01:53)
      07. Glorious (06:06)
      08. Cast a Stone (05:15)
      09. Don’t Let Me Down (04:39)
      10. Jesus I (10:06)
      11. The Shining Path (05:33)
      12. What Have They Done to Me? (05:59)
      13. Sorrow (03:10)
      14. Never Give Up (03:39)
      15. My Life + Times (03:37)
      16. And So I Died of a Broken Heart (05:00)

* This CD created from the original source material supplied by Halteh/Guzman. While every effort was made by the
      recorder to reproduce the show in its original form, you may experience occasional fluctuations in the recording level.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQKfabzI9qo[/youtube]
      What I am currently listening to, well the whole album. :D

Danni
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6R-LZ25Te0[/youtube]

How I would give my left arm to be the drummer in Def Leppard.

Danni
      Spectator

SYD IS KING.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhEtPPbuFFk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4aAgFnZgQ0&feature=related[/youtube]

jupiter
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJD-uYuuJCs[/youtube]

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I’ve been getting back into post rock lately, it just sucked me back in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbGMeToAspk[/youtube]

jupiter
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szIOv-xVidM&feature=related[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

I’d like to suck ’em.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJ2brErERQ[/youtube]

Lemmy’s warts.

marigold
      Spectator

Deftones

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDjhEW8FgdA[/youtube]

and more of this band:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDxh6N5eToo[/youtube]

jupiter
      Spectator

the Darlings……..sorry, Honeywheeler (but they’ll always be the darlings to me)
      :wink:

marigold
      Spectator

I’ve been getting back into post rock lately, it just sucked me back in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbGMeToAspk[/youtube][/quote:1baxen1v]

You might like this band Laura – I quite like some of their stuff:

http://www.myspace.com/lauranoise

jupiter
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srjbfOwd1Jk[/youtube]

Australian band Something for Kate
      their bassist was asked to be in Hole when Mellisa left

marigold
      Spectator

More Lovedrug:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soWuHW92yjQ[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

Fuckin awesome sound on that 12\"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQpYAM5xa4Y&feature=related[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6-o5nFZYI[/youtube]

Kinda’ Sonic Youti – yet not.

Danni
      Spectator

Ooh. Let me just… one more!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDSsh7Ocv8o[/youtube]

Even Nate Mendel looks like a kool kat back in 1994.

marigold
      Spectator

Today I have been listening to the radio belonging to some construction guys working outside the building. :roll:

Edit: Can now hear on their radio: Audioslave – Like a Stone 8)

Sauli
      Spectator

2006-03-04 – Moscow – Russia – Luzhniki Sports Palace – HiMd

Artist: Depeche Mode
      Date: Saturday, March 4th, 2006
      Venue: Moscow, Russia | Luzhniki Sports Palace (indoors)

Main set

01. Intro
      02. A Pain That I’m Used To
      03. John The Revelator
      04. A Question Of Time
      05. Policy Of Truth
      06. Precious
      07. Walking In My Shoes
      08. Suffer Well
      09. Macro
      10. Home
      11. I Want It All
      12. The Sinner In Me
      13. I Feel You
      14. Behind The Wheel
      15. World In My Eyes
      16. Personal Jesus
      17. Enjoy The Silence

Encore 1

18. Leave In Silence
      19. Just Can’t Get Enough
      20. Everything Counts

Encore 2

21. Never Let Me Down Again
      22. Goodnight Lovers

Equipment: Sony MZ-RH10@PCM + Sony ECM-717
      Lineage: HiMd -> CD-R -> CD-R -> WAV via Format Factory -> FLAC [Encode 8] via Traders Little Helper -> you
      Generation: HiMd

Recorded by V.T.

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onCV2O5NPw8[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

also Bic Runga:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwIyvgPpov0[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

More Lovedrug:
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VXABTbQzuQ[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

This song is incredible….

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84i7zQ_ACnU[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

This morning I needed a boost, so I played their album Decontrol in my car. This is the first song of it. :twisted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjlrQLZZsko[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

I had never heard of this band before but was intrigued by the title ‘The Voyage of the Corvus Corrone’
      This is one of the videos from the album.

not sure about the singing but it’s kind of weird and wonderful in a 70’s-futuristic-video-band type of way :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KTdX7-A000[/youtube]

http://www.voyageofthecorvuscorrone.com

marigold
      Spectator

mostly listening to Oceania and a little bit of Jack White

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7UIUhXo43A[/youtube]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiZ68ifob0g[/youtube]

me too debby. me too.

marigold
      Spectator

:)
      I have yet to watch the whole DVD of that. On my list of things to do this weekend!

marigold
      Spectator

Mew
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIIMmUTfAo4[/youtube]

and more Mew

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DssjaqFZB0[/youtube]

8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T63EmOwUWy4&feature=related[/youtube]

i was alive when this was broadcast, with no access to cable. pop music changed right here, right before your eyes, if not years before. it’s nice to see such a nice quality video of it available, and the carson impersonation. :)

what. the. fuck. ever. nirvana 4 life.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHKOC64KnE[/youtube]

sexual symbolism?

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T63EmOwUWy4&feature=related[/youtube]

i was alive when this was broadcast, with no access to cable. pop music changed right here, right before your eyes, if not years before. it’s nice to see such a nice quality video of it available, and the carson impersonation. :)

what. the. fuck. ever. nirvana 4 life.[/quote:3bwxalkn]

I have that awards show on VHS, wow – 20 years ago :shock:

marigold
      Spectator

I had never heard of this band before but was intrigued by the title ‘The Voyage of the Corvus Corrone’
      This is one of the videos from the album.

not sure about the singing but it’s kind of weird and wonderful in a 70’s-futuristic-video-band type of way :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KTdX7-A000[/youtube]

http://www.voyageofthecorvuscorrone.com[/quote:3msnhpbw]

I found this book/CD in a record store today – Only 1000 copies available :shock:
      I had thought it was some overseas artist but they’re actually based in NZ, otherwise I highly doubt I would find this in a store here. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Mew

and more Mew

8)[/quote:bfjl0xv1]
      Nice!

Arthur
      Spectator

I had never heard of this band before but was intrigued by the title ‘The Voyage of the Corvus Corrone’.
      <edit>
      I found this book/CD in a record store today – Only 1000 copies available :shock:
      I had thought it was some overseas artist but they’re actually based in NZ, otherwise I highly doubt I would find this in a store here. :)[/quote:cttnco9u]
      I know what you mean. I see a lot of references from Charlie Chaplin to Pink Floyd to Lord Of The Rings, but still nicely done. The singer slightly spoils it, but just slightly. A nice watch and listen. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

I tried to check what our little Aydan (just turned 4 months old) likes the most currently, music-wise… This! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOolrcK-yys[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

I had never heard of this band before but was intrigued by the title ‘The Voyage of the Corvus Corrone’.
      <edit>
      I had thought it was some overseas artist but they’re actually based in NZ, otherwise I highly doubt I would find this in a store here. :)[/quote:1k6n1qpr]
      I know what you mean. I see a lot of references from Charlie Chaplin to Pink Floyd to Lord Of The Rings, but still nicely done. The singer slightly spoils it, but just slightly. A nice watch and listen. :)[/quote:1k6n1qpr]

I can see the Pink Floyd comparison, and LotR – with the flying creatures and fortified city, not sure about Charlie Chaplin – the workers? It is SO steampunk influenced – and I think their story about finding the reels in some old house in Paris and that it’s from the 30’s is a bit far-fetched! :lol:

marigold
      Spectator

I tried to check what our little Aydan (just turned 4 months old) likes the most currently, music-wise… This! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOolrcK-yys[/youtube][/quote:13e3kvi4]

oh dear, urgent intervention is needed here, before it all goes horribly wrong.
      You haven’t played Rockabye Baby yet?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2fFZlBaCks[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

not sure about Charlie Chaplin – the workers?[/quote:3lvo4eyt]
      This movie, Modern Times. They MUST have seen it shortly before they created their clip. :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

oh dear, urgent intervention is needed here, before it all goes horribly wrong.
      You haven’t played Rockabye Baby yet?[/quote:2r3yzrcu]
      No, not yet. Will do!

But really, I tried several clips from YouTube, and none was interesting enough. Till I came with that hardstyle thingy, then Aydan looked at the screen and started moving his little feet like he was dancing! Quite funny, to say the least! :lol:

Talking about intervention needed… Here is our rebel king, as we surprised him a few weeks ago. :twisted:

marigold
      Spectator

:) he’s one cool little dude 8)

not sure about Charlie Chaplin – the workers?[/quote:1osfvore]
      This movie, Modern Times. They MUST have seen it shortly before they created their clip. :lol:

[/quote:1osfvore]

I hadn’t heard of that movie but had a quick look and – yes! very similar.
      And I have bought the Voyage of the Corvus Corrone now!

Also found this promo in the same store: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1395164

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5m6PLjUKBY[/youtube]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFWVVKAlIGM[/youtube]

jupiter
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZ1Ft20pHwYouTube URL[/youtube]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

*like*

Arthur
      Spectator

*like*[/quote:3hdvdna4]
      +1

marigold
      Spectator

*like*[/quote:13q2jqps]
      +1[/quote:13q2jqps]

:P

jupiter
      Spectator

one of my favourite rock riffs

i dont know why this song isnt more liked

manillascissor
      Keymaster

one of my favourite rock riffs

i dont know why this song isnt more liked[/quote:ev5g2ti4]

it is. that entire album, in my opinion, is their best work. better than their debut. most people don’t know the name though, or only know monkeywrench, everlong, my hero, or, if lucky, walking after you (which they remixed and RUINED for the video). most people also don’t know dave grohl redid the drums for the entire album after the then-current drummer had already recorded the entire album. he left soon thereafter. remind you of anyone?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWLpTKBFcU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxSWj5bou9M[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWLpTKBFcU[/youtube]

[/quote:2yspbjv9]

that reminds me:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfSGt6rHos
      [/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MdmGUDD-g8[/youtube]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

that reminds me:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfSGt6rHos
      [/youtube][/quote:2j8j84z5]

yeah, i actually have that CD. he does a lot of songs with his son, who sounds VERY close to willie, but far enough away that it’s annoying. there is also a song on there with snoop dogg. not saying it’s good, cause it’s not, but snoop is singing and it’s country.

marigold
      Spectator

what a strange combination

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9sthUdwzqw[/youtube]

8)

jupiter
      Spectator

still waiting for that \"like\" button ;)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

still waiting for that "like" button ;)[/quote:3i1qbvku]

haha.

keep asking and perhaps, just maybe, it will magically happen one day. :wink: 8)

jupiter
      Spectator

hehehehehe, need a like for that ;)

marigold
      Spectator

today was filled with Jack White (live in London), Smashing Pumpkins – Oceania, and some Tool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDlC7oG_2W4[/youtube]

8)

Arthur
      Spectator

There is always a moment to find to listen to some Tool. Pretty awesome band. 8)

Before I was into Muse, Tool was it for me.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMERAf3OgZM[/youtube]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQX0yhb-kUc[/youtube]

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

60,000 Celtic fans sing together as we beat the best football team in the world,Barcelona,2-1 in the champions league!

Monumental!

:shock: :D :lol: 8) :? :wink:

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQX0yhb-kUc[/youtube][/quote:3gj6gxtu]

wow – talent! :shock:

marigold
      Spectator

60,000 Celtic fans sing together as we beat the best football team in the world,Barcelona,2-1 in the champions league!

Monumental!

:shock: :D :lol: 8) :? :wink:[/quote:2ijk4jop]

that must have been amazing to hear and to win! :)

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_%28Dinosaur_Jr._album%29:3pbo8ao9][/url:3pbo8ao9″>
      dinosaur jr – beyond

King of Gloom
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tYwPDLNWVo[/youtube]

From his amazing album Heavy Flowers.

marigold
      Spectator

^^ the video has been removed :?

listening to some New Order including this:
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd0ol25uUVU[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXXwkzB5eoY[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLjb6JPqjZA[/youtube]

Awesome Swedish hip-hop group I.M. – The ’92 version of this tune is definately better than the latter ’95 version

amy winehouse – at the bbc

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNEFkg8B2oM[/youtube]

jupiter
      Spectator

marigold
      Spectator

marigold
      Spectator

was listening to Throwing Copper and Secret Samadhi today and found out that +Live+ has a new singer – Chris Shinn (from some band called Unified Theory)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7uBtinBd0o[/youtube]

they have a freaks site too http://www.freaks4live.com/

jupiter
      Spectator

i dont think you could beat Ed K tho

\"the way you’re bathed in light
      reminds me of the night………..\"

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBFYMloUHHM[/youtube]

jupiter
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sFlBJ1Jk3w[/youtube]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

love billy joel. :)

marigold
      Spectator

I didn’t end up listening to the full MBV album, got bored after 2 songs… :? :roll:

marigold
      Spectator

<edit>

jupiter
      Spectator

you may be right, i may be crazy………….. :wink:

King of Gloom
      Spectator

I didn’t end up listening to the full MBV album, got bored after 2 songs… :? :roll:[/quote:2o97isvq]

I actually really enjoy it! Wonder 2 is one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever heard. :o

marigold
      Spectator

yeah, it’s a little too bizarre for me, or I’m just not ready for it *shrug*

marigold
      Spectator

Found out they are playing here tomorrow night – got my ticket! 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEsdiiYkhT8[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyeWCxFJsDc[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

For some reason I played this song over and over and over again this whole week. Goosebumps every time. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYC0g3KxH5w[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

wow, I had never heard this version before, just the live ones. This makes me excited for the Zwan reissue! Have to wait…

I hope there’s a studio or demo version of this one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfaeOnSHq2c[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

It’s from the Zwan BBC Sessions bootleg, which I have been playing in my car all week. :)

Now I’m in a Madrugada (see elsewhere) & Wovenhand mood.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX7Xm9XVie0[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

It’s from the Zwan BBC Sessions bootleg, which I have been playing in my car all week. :)

[/quote:99ltoen8]

just listened to the other songs from this session – pretty cool 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah it is. And the player is stuffed with more nice songs from that era.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxr1qYJ5eKk[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wabOFqya1kY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BJX8UnXkkw[/youtube]

beach house

marigold
      Spectator

Lukas Jury – Bruges
      (inspired by Bruges)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTnjDDqpeGQ[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hs9O4PCIzM[/youtube]

Sven
      Spectator

jupiter
      Spectator

seriously, it takes alot to impress me
      but these guys blew my mind!

[url:23ebvw41]http://www.facebook.com/JacksGoldenTales[/url:23ebvw41]

marigold
      Spectator

just discovered these guys because a friend is now drumming for them! This would have been a fun video to make.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLebcZ9brCw[/youtube]

jupiter
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n1q7yugTqM[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms18ZJqU3po[/youtube]

:shock: 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

Had my car ripped apart today with System of a Down – Oldschool Hollywood. 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

mazzy star is back! i’m very excited about this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEf1Qq6upEU[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

so excited you danced like that, didn’t you :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=359na4NeaVA[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsrZcTm9pwI[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

In my boxes with vinyl I found all their 1970-1980 albums (they released quite a few actually, in that period!) and this song stood out, I played it a lot. Golden oldie in rock universe, if you ask me. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l685JEwFPb4[/youtube]

marigold
      Spectator

wow, there’s some high pitched ‘laaa’s’ in there. Sounds like a classic!

This is brilliant, church acoustics are always good!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyr9lo39EJo[/youtube]

the new pixies EP.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcXX0LL_oiM[/youtube]

zappa

manillascissor
      Keymaster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iho1V–8G4[/youtube]

nirvana – you know you’re right

Viewing 767 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.