Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author

bullettwoutbutterflywings
      Spectator

since we have been asking questions today- why not have a thread :P plus i’m curious about a few of you. :wink:

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

\"I’m a Cult Hero\" is the name of an early short lived Robert Smith side-project band, and also the name of one of their songs, I think it’s pretty funny, especially because its such a funky song, but features Robert \"king of the goths\" Smith :P
      Here it is anyway :
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VwENMR3RMA[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

interesting. i will have to watch it when i get home from work. :wink:

he has such crazy hair. :P

Pomio
      Spectator

original name: Pomio
      geographical location: East New Britain, Papua New Guinea, Australia and Oceania
      geographical coordinates: 5° 31′ 0\" South, 151° 31′ 0\" East

[url:2g8z7o3f]http://maps.google.nl/maps?f=q&hl=nl&geocode=&q=pomio&sll=52.469397,5.509644&sspn=2.369336,4.921875&ie=UTF8&ll=-5.517575,151.522408&spn=0.241946,0.307617&t=h&z=12&iwloc=addr[/url:2g8z7o3f]

Never been there and probably never go there

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDdYMmf_pt8[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

Mine…nothing to interesting
      I love reggae music, and 2000 was easy to remember

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i was at work. saw a manilla folder and some scissors.

i registered online somewhere, as manillascissors, but it messed up the confirmation email, so i dropped the s and registered again, since manillascissors had been taken. by me! lol.

Marcella
      Spectator

I casually happen to run by the name of Marcella, and since I couldn’t think of anything else…

well, there is this band that i like, and this one song was the first i had heard of theres, you might know them smashing pumpkins? :) and i don’t have any butterfly wings, so i am without.

Pipoka
      Spectator

Pipoka means popcorn and a friend of mine used to call me that

My occasional nickname is ‘Spam’, and Lord Spamulon was born out of a moment of insane inspiration. Super was appended to the beginning out of another moment of slightly less insane inspiration.

niteshyft
      Spectator

Around 1991 when I was in the world of BBS’s my \"handle\" was FaZe. As time progressed and I became involved in \"learning by entering other systems\" I decided my handle should have a last name. Since I was always online at night and I had spelled phase differently, I decided to use nightshift and spell it as I have it. I kept using that name for a few years until the domain faze.com was registered by someone else before I could get it (he actually gave me faze@faze.com when I contacted him about the name itself and was a heck of a nice guy). Feeling the name was being commercially used, I dropped the FaZe part and became niteshyft. So I think I’ve used this name for almost 13 years now. Ironically, I now work on the night shift, so it almost seems appropriate :D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

sweet!

Anonymous
      Spectator

Before becoming Queen Adreena, Katie Jane Garside was singing in a band named Daisy Chainsaw.

Chainsaws make me laugh for some reason, running or not, so I tried mixing Daisy and Chainsaw for a name to Torrent SP boots.

I first became daZeychain (^ see? See?) and then shortened it to what’s current.

The capital Zed/Zee is a grateful nod to Zwan, who have often been slated unfairly by ‘untr00’ fans/followers.

Etc. :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

Well i really did not wanted my nick to be Mayonaise,since my favorite SP tracks is Blank Page.But i though Blank page was a hiddious nick name then i took up Mayo insted.Well its also kinda hiddious as well :lol: Since mayonaise is also one of my fav songs
      Maybe it was about time to change the nickname to somehing else hmmmm :P

amnesia
      Spectator

Before becoming Queen Adreena, Katie Jane Garside was singing in a band named Daisy Chainsaw.

Chainsaws make me laugh for some reason, running or not, so I tried mixing Daisy and Chainsaw for a name to Torrent SP boots.

I first became daZeychain (^ see? See?) and then shortened it to what’s current.

The capital Zed/Zee is a grateful nod to Zwan, who have often been slated unfairly by ‘untr00’ fans/followers.

Etc. :wink:[/quote:2uhz6is0]

Haha very nice Dazey,very nice indeed :lol: :lol: :wink:

Etc. :wink:[/quote:3vovafen]

dazey you are too cute.

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe, your funny Dazey :wink:

My username came to fruition like this: I have a friend on here, who was sure he’d be able to figure out when I registered based on my username. So I tried to come up with one that would be tricky, but if he thought about it hard enough, he’d guess correctly. Return to Comfort has a few meanings, none of which I feel comfortable really going into.

And yes, he guessed. He’s smart like that.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Doubtful-Della has been my user name everywhere for 6 years now…. Doubtful comes from my (at that time) favorite band \"No Doubt\" and Della is a nickname that my husband’s ex girlfriend (the one that actually introduced us). She thought my name \"Daniella\" was too long so she tossed out the \"ani\"

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

Mine has to do with my photography. I was looking for name for my website/company/branding for when i start trying to sell my work.

Scotopic Lux is an effect that occurs when seeing in the dark, when things are only seen in black and white in low light.

From Wikipedia:
      \"Scotopic vision is the monochromatic vision of the eye in low light. Since cone cells are nonfunctional in low light, scotopic vision is produced exclusively through rod cells so therefore there is no color perception.

In scientific literature, one occasionally encounters the term scotopic lux which corresponds to photopic lux, but uses instead the scotopic visibility weighting function.\"

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Mine has to do with my photography. I was looking for name for my website/company/branding for when i start trying to sell my work.

Scotopic Lux is an effect that occurs when seeing in the dark, when things are only seen in black and white in low light.

From Wikipedia:
      "Scotopic vision is the monochromatic vision of the eye in low light. Since cone cells are nonfunctional in low light, scotopic vision is produced exclusively through rod cells so therefore there is no color perception.

In scientific literature, one occasionally encounters the term scotopic lux which corresponds to photopic lux, but uses instead the scotopic visibility weighting function."[/quote:3hbvgxz5]

Very hot way to label your brand. I couldn’t come up with anything so stuck with the trusty last name! My business is "Koontz Photography & Design" how boring!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

From Wikipedia:
      "Scotopic vision is the monochromatic vision of the eye in low light. Since cone cells are nonfunctional in low light, scotopic vision is produced exclusively through rod cells so therefore there is no color perception.

In scientific literature, one occasionally encounters the term scotopic lux which corresponds to photopic lux, but uses instead the scotopic visibility weighting function."[/quote:2jr7gg9m]

Not to get all scientific here, but if there is low light (even like, barely), there is still light entering the eye. What makes the cone cells decide to just shut off? This just interests me. I wonder what the illumination limit is….

Also, squids, moreover, giant squids, have the most complex eye comparable to humans. And it’s large as fuck. But these guys swim 1,000s of feet bmsl, so they would have no use for such a complex eye, as there is absolutely no light at that depth. Why the big eyes?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Very hot way to label your brand. I couldn’t come up with anything so stuck with the trusty last name! My business is "Koontz Photography & Design" how boring![/quote:3kklozb6]

Negative Koontz?

Koontz Dark Roomtz?

Tion
      Spectator

my name is tion rosenkreuzer.
      tion is just a name, i choosed the name 6 jears ago, for beeing crerative \"undercover\"….
      (no more explanatory statement 8)
      \"Tion\" is quite unique in germany.

\"rosenkreuzer\" were the german \"Illuminati\", they tried to discover a formula that turns shit
      into gold.
      :?
      well, i always try to turn my shitty day into something bright, thats why i choosed that lastname.

my name is tion rosenkreuzer.
      tion is just a name, i choosed the name 6 jears ago, for beeing crerative "undercover"….
      (no more explanatory statement 8)
      "Tion" is quite unique in germany.

"rosenkreuzer" were the german "Illuminati", they tried to discover a formula that turns shit
      into gold.
      :?
      well, i always try to turn my shitty day into something bright, thats why i choosed that lastname.[/quote:17dz3kk6]

:D that is hella rockin’ dude!

Viewing 24 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.