Viewing 299 reply threads
  • Author

Dazey
      Spectator

We all love SPs, possibly, yet which other bands would you recommend someone tries also?

Here’s the first ones I could think of…

Imho:-

Filter
      Windmills By The Ocean
      Dubstar
      Sparklehorse
      Death Cab For Cutie
      Husky
      Catherine & Buglette
      God Is An Astronaut
      Godspeed! You Black Emperor.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

The bands you listed, that I know, I also love :D
      I’m seeing God is an astronaut in the next few weeks :)
      For some of my own recommendations :

Joy Division
      The Cure
      Bauhaus
      Janes Addiction
      Sisters of mercy
      The Butterfly Explosion
      My Bloody Valentine
      The Eighties Matchbox B-line Disaster
      Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
      Bright Eyes
      Placebo
      Nick Cave & the bad seeds
      Mark Lanegan
      PJ Harvey
      Scarling
      Sleater-Kinney
      Whipping Boy
      Maple Bee
      Mogwai
      Queen Adreena
      Daisy Chainsaw

I’ll leave it at that before I start to get a bit carried away :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Good Charlotte
      Nickelback
      Godsmack
      Limp Bizkit
      Britney Spears
      Papa Roach

blueczarina
      Spectator

Good Charlotte
      Nickelback
      Godsmack
      Limp Bizkit
      Britney Spears
      Papa Roach[/quote:17rhhhe8]

Thats a very interesting list manillla. Rock and Britney. :wink: :lol:

Good Charlotte
      Nickelback
      Godsmack
      Limp Bizkit
      Britney Spears
      Papa Roach[/quote:257q14ds]

i love good charlotte and nickleback and godsmack, the rest, ahhh papa roach isn’t bad.

ones i recomend and love
      spacehog
      toadies
      fleetwood mac
      the brian setzer orchastra
      and there are lots of others, but most people have probably heard them.

Anonymous
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Only the Cheese and There are Raisins in My Toast songs. They are so awesome!!!!!!!!

i was gonna let that stuff go, but i can’t anymore, i hate the waffle house!!!!!!!!

i worked there for longer than anyone should and no waffle house songs!!!!!!!!!

waffle house sux. that is all i have to say about that.

Pipoka
      Spectator

Franz Ferdinand

Arthur
      Spectator

By head, in kinda historical order…

Kiss (my first passion when I was 12-20 years old)
      The Scorpions (really, got all their early vinyl, including their debut Lonesome Crow from 1972!)
      Rainbow (I was, and still am, so hooked on them that even before I had a cd player in the early 1980’s, I already bought my first cd: Rainbow – On Stage)
      Deep Purple (I was 11 when I heard Child In Time, and from that moment I was into rock. And I probably will be till I die)
      Uriah Heep (Gypsy, July Morning, some of my life anthems)
      Iron Maiden
      Gary Moore (creator of a few of my life anthems also: \"Nuclear Attack\", \"Devil In Her Heart\" and a few others)
      Led Zeppelin
      Hallo Venray (life anthem that tops them all: \"Tuck, The Man\")
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrxagxJi3M[/youtube]
      Reboelje (some of my life anthems came from them also: \"Gjin Liger\" & \"Folksgerjocht\" & \"Kom mar kom mar\")
      Accept (creators of 1 of my life anthems \"Son Of A Bitch\")
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MksNtIxoJE[/youtube]
      Picture (Dutch metal band, creators of another life anthem \"Bombers\")
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rfWfcjcl7M[/youtube]
      Dead Kennedys
      Butthole Surfers
      The Cure
      Stevie Ray Vaughn
      Rage Against The Machine
      Left Hand Freddy
      16 Horsepower
      Muse
      Faithless
      Massive Attack
      Portishead
      System Of A Down
      The Mars Volta
      Noir Desir

(and these are the bands I remember by head now of which I know I got (almost) their whole back-catalogue… and still play it on a regular base also… :D )

Anonymous
      Spectator

blueczarina
      Spectator

Besides the SP, I like

Bloc Party
      Sonic Youth
      Radiohead
      Franz Ferdinand
      Muse
      Led Zeppelin
      The Cure
      Joy Division
      Keane
      Cold Play
      Nirvana
      The Strokes
      The Killers
      and I also like some classical, esp. Russian composers, and Russian folk and popular music, as well as some Russian gypsy bands like Loyko
      (And yes, I really like Russian stuff :wink:, but I study Russian history, philosophy/ religion, and art. I just sort of have this wierd thing about all Russian stuff- but not vodka. :x )

i was gonna let that stuff go, but i can’t anymore, i hate the waffle house!!!!!!!!

i worked there for longer than anyone should and no waffle house songs!!!!!!!!!

waffle house sux. that is all i have to say about that.[/quote:2rh4fc7q]

What??? How can you not like "Make Mine with Cheese", the Waffle House classic? Such complex rhythms and brilliant lyrics, it’s bound to go down in musical history as one of the best culinary rock songs ever.[/quote:2rh4fc7q]

they had them on the juke box, and when people would play them i thought my head would explode. but all this talk of waffle house really makes me want a waffle with bacon. you know they make the waffle’s with half and half, that is why they are so good, but fatting.

and i love led zep, and deep purple, they both rock!!

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Arthur, your the first person I’ve seen who knew about 16 Horsepower before I had to hit them over the head and make them listen to them! :P
      I love them, do you like the singers newer band Woven Hand as well?

Anonymous
      Spectator

There’s a few names above that I’ve not tried yet. 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

You think waffle house is bad bullet, you should hear the crap they play at my store. Some of it barely rates as a song. :x :wink:

what store? what songs?

blueczarina
      Spectator

For the next couple days anyway (I’m quitting), I work at JC Penney’s. They play the weirdest crap there ever. Like there is this one \"song\", which just has this weird guy talking basically with these little 80s instrumental interludes. And he keeps saying something about how \"you might ask yourself…\" such and such a thing and then \"find yourself\" someplace and than be all like \"how did I get here.\" Its basically like some pot smoking weirdo and they play this song several times daily. And there is another song where some woman keeps repeating the phrase \"hippie chick\" over and over again. And there is two new ones with some weirdos- one w/ this woman who keeps saying her and some guy will be gorgeous and another about some guy who this woman keeps calling \"manly\". I’ve never heard of half of the crap they play and its just horrible. They mix a little Coldplay and Keane in with it, so at least its not all bad, but mostly its just awful. And they play some other weird spoken word crap too along with a few crappy covers. :x

On the plus side they did play \"Christmastime\" by you know who all the time during the holidays. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

For the next couple days anyway (I’m quitting), I work at JC Penney’s. They play the weirdest crap there ever. Like there is this one "song", which just has this weird guy talking basically with these little 80s instrumental interludes. And he keeps saying something about how "you might ask yourself…" such and such a thing and then "find yourself" someplace and than be all like "how did I get here." Its basically like some pot smoking weirdo and they play this song several times daily. [/quote:91609eog]

Bannish ye who speaks ill of Talking Heads. Away with thee! To the lions!

Little fish, big fish, swimming in the water, come back here and give me my daughter
      (REPEAT 18,000X)

blueczarina
      Spectator

What manilla, you know that song? :wink: I’ve never heard of it before. (I still think its crap. :x )

Anonymous
      Spectator

blueczarina
      Spectator

I still think its crap. :x

blueczarina
      Spectator

I still think its crap. :x

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Woot for talking heads here too!
      And you may ask yourself….well…..how did I get here?
      Love that song! :)
      SP covered it too ;)

i am gonna have to agree with czarina on this one, i don’t like that song at all, i am just not a fan of the talking heads.

though i would rather listen to that than waffle house rock.

blueczarina
      Spectator

SP covered it too ;)[/quote:ye2p8cpj]

What, the SP covered that crappy song? :wink:
      Do you have any audio proof. I want to hear this.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

um, i still don’t like the song, but i still like billy :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Looks like a cool ass intimate gig. Right before the break up. I have to admit, I miss Mr. Iha up there.

blueczarina
      Spectator

um, i still don’t like the song, but i still like billy :D[/quote:316enncl]

umm, ditto :)

I like Billy. :) Hearing him sing it was a bit of an improvement. :) But the song is still crap. :x

yep to that czarina.

Sickboy
      Spectator

from current music i’d recommend:
      decemberists
      blood red shoes
      ceasars
      kooks
      babyshambles (i just don’t care about the media…)
      tegan and sara
      Sophia
      the coral
      hidden cameras
      rakes
      kings of leon
      shins
      etc….

also, i’m really hooked by the kills right now…

and what always stood and stands out: Sonic Youth!

i forgot to add the doobie brothers to my list. great song you should listen to is black water, awesome.

Arthur
      Spectator

also, i’m really hooked by the kills right now…[/quote:2v2jozwf]
      Me too! Just bought 2 cds and 1 EP! They’re great indeed! :D

from current music i’d recommend:
      decemberists
      blood red shoes
      ceasars
      kooks
      babyshambles (i just don’t care about the media…)
      tegan and sara
      Sophia
      the coral
      hidden cameras
      rakes
      kings of leon
      shins
      etc….

also, i’m really hooked by the kills right now…

and what always stood and stands out: Sonic Youth![/quote:sq9p0ftw]

ceasars are great, i just got a cd from a friend of mine and one of thier songs was on it, i really like them.

Arthur
      Spectator

Arthur, your the first person I’ve seen who knew about 16 Horsepower before I had to hit them over the head and make them listen to them! :P
      I love them, do you like the singers newer band Woven Hand as well?[/quote:2dzxr394]
      I didn’t listen to Woven Hand yet, and I guess I should be ashamed of myself, because I just love this intense singer David Eugene. I have really everything from 16 Horsepower, from their first cardsleeve EP called Haw till their farewell 2dvd set called Live. For a long time they were my second band after Smashing Pumpkins. Funny that you noticed this band too Cult Hero! 8)

amnesia
      Spectator

Woot for talking heads here too!
      And you may ask yourself….well…..how did I get here?
      Love that song! :)
      SP covered it too ;)[/quote:3f0cjew9]

Great song.Love it

you guys should try to check out a band called Kashmir.I doubt any of you guys know them.They are from Denmark.But i think Kashmir is the danish answer of the SP.I got a couple of there albums on my PC if anybody is interested to listen to what it is.Dont hesitake to a ask pls :)

sounds interesting. is there any youtube vids or clips of songs?

amnesia
      Spectator

sounds interesting. is there any youtube vids or clips of songs?[/quote:1ta5oo1q]

Yes.Found some.Pls enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YcH41Hi … re=related <– Briliant song.David bowie and kashmir :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWgqIzt6Lzo <– Takes a lil while to load.pls be patience.Great vid and song.The quality sucks a bit on that vid,sadly the only one i could find.This is there bigest hit so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTwWsz4vEOU <— One of my fav song with them,just a sloppy vid :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skvw7iiV … re=related <– Fantastic song,and great vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z861x5sE … re=related <— Werid vid,but nice :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHexK1lF … re=related <— great song,grows on you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C77ulTmu … re=related <– Another good song.Nasty vid :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQggP1xF … re=related There first singel hit.Not the best song,but its decent

Some of them really take some time to load,pls be patience :)

amnesia
      Spectator

Found a better quality of Rocket brothers.Loads fast as well
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar9qeL0u … re=related

Enjoy :)

phil
      Spectator

Okay: I’m barging in…

Here’s the Phil list of awesomeness: (In no particular order)-

Fleetwood Mac
      Joy Division
      Led Zeppelin
      The Mint Chicks (Fantastic NZ band I’m sure no one here has ever even heard the name of before asides when used by another group of talentless fools…)
      Mars Volta
      Moby
      Nirvana
      Pink Floyd
      Queens of the Stone Age (I saw these guys SUPPORTING the Smashing Pumpkins! They were damn fantastic! But their fans were fucking -horrendous- most of the few ‘hard-core’ SP fans who were at the front waiting for them to come on got totally smashed! Including myself/my ribcage. I had bruises from the barrier for days after over my ribs- but it was -damn- worth it seeing Billy a mere meter away. And hearing him over everything/all the fans/etc even when the mic/speakers cuts out. Though I did have to survive though an hour of intense, crazed moshing fans, and crazy… drugs being thrown around and in mouths etc… which… obviously didn’t help. Or make them any less crazy.)

Anyhow…

Radiohead
      Royksopp
      Scorpions
      Sex Pistols
      The Shins
      Sigur Ros
      U2
      The Beatles (Of course…)
      The White Stripes
      Wolfmother
      Cat Stevens
      Creedence Clearwater Revival
      Dragon (Another NZ’er NOT AUSTRALIAN. Jeeze…)
      Muse
      Faithless
      The Who
      Incubus
      Ok go

and Vargo.

Also! Not only are there no such things as ‘JC pennies’ (which… is?…) or ‘Waffle houses’ here (or… twinkies… or… what-not…) where I live. But- on the OTHER hand, I AM lucky enough to have a boss who appreciates good music. Or at least, ever since I brought him in my ‘Adore’ album two months after I started working.

He adores The Smashing Pumpkins now… with… almost as much intensity as I do. Which is oddly, awesome. And he happily plays the CD’s during store hours. Which is awesome. Hearing Billy Corgan in ‘Hell’ and whatnot-

: https://www.hell.co.nz/chooseCity.jsp

And there’s my contribution! :P

you should be glad there are no waffle houses, they suck, don’t let anyone tell you diffrent. jc penny’s is a store, and they have ok clothes, but i like other stores better.

awesome list phil, i will have to give a few of those bands i haven’t heard of a listen.

oh and ccr rocks!

blueczarina
      Spectator

jc penny’s is a store, and they have ok clothes, but i like other stores better.
      [/quote:cn6ndxeg]

jc penney’s is a store. they have ok jobs, but i like others better. :lol:

(psst- don’t ever work in a penney’s- now that sucks)
      :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Century – Black Ocean

(heavy as galena)

is black ocean or century the name of the band?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Century is the name of the band.

okey dokey.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i just found this band on myspace that is pretty cool :)

http://www.myspace.com/wartapes

you should check them out, and, hey, they even like the Pumpkins

Arthur
      Spectator

Now this is a good tip blueczarina! What a cool band!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i like them too. the other day i got one of those random friend requests from a band you get sometimes on myspace, and when i went to there page i was like, whoa, there actually really good. i really hope they release a CD. :wink:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

MARS VOLTA!! i saw that arthur was the only other person to mention them. and for that, arthur recieves one gold star! that band is amazing! both on cd and live in person. ive seen them 18 times since 2004 and i cannot recommend enough to everyone here to catch their next show. dont miss them! i dont care if you hate the singers voice. the members of that band are all amazing talents. i remember seeing the questions that billy and jimmy were answering on a youtube interview, some months back, where the fans got to ask the questions. and someone asked…who is revolutionizing music right now? or something along those lines. and you could tell billy didnt really want to give an answer, but he said mars volta. and when i saw him say that i was so fucking glad to hear that band’s name come out of his mouth! they’re the only other band im as passionate about besides pumpkins. oh, and tool and deftones too. those are my 4 bands for life. too many words.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i can see that you like them a lot. that was quite a post. :lol:

i don’t mind Mars Volta, but i haven’t heard them in awhile.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Mars Volta are great, I didn’t mention them as they already had been.
      On a completely unrelated style of music :
      I suddenly feel the need to recommend these guys Lights
      http://www.myspace.com/lightsdc
      unsigned Irish band, I go to every gig they play (seeing them again this weekend :P), just really great music, can’t help but dance to it….and I never dance :D

Also :
      The Night
      http://www.myspace.com/lovethenight
      Who are very different from Lights, but also great. Kind of a psychedelic post-punk thing, The Night is the side project of Kyle, who doesn’t perform very often under this moniker after recently resurrecting his fantastic rock band control freak
      http://www.myspace.com/controlfreakband

A band which someone recommended to me, I listened, and now really quite like:
      Cursive.
      You may have heard f them, may not have, whatever. They’re a pretty cool band.

Also recommended are Sigur Ros (they were recommended before, but DAMMIT i’m gonna recommend them even more). They are just pure brilliance.

i hear everyone talking about Sigur Ros, but i have never heard them, give me a link and i will check them out.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, everybody talks about Sigur Ros, but i’ve never heard them either.

how do you say the name?

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/

You can download some stuff from there – I recommend Staralfur and Olsen Olsen, but most of it is pretty good.

See-gur Rowss (row like row row row your boat)

They have a pronunciation on their wikipedia page.

thank you sir, i will go and check them out right now.

have to say not bad, i will have to pick up thier cd’s. i will have to get them off of ebay or amazon cause i doubt anywhere around here will have them.

you know what, i should open a record shop around here, cause there are none. there probably are in lexington, but none near me.

wonder how much money it would take to do that? and if i would make any money at it. cause i would refuse to sell country music, that is what most people around here listen to. makes me want to hurl and cry at the same time.

cause it is sad, but not in a beautiful way, if that makes sense. it is just sad. i don’t want to listen to sad ass music. and it is getting really pop anyway. i do like old stuff like johnny cash, and others, cause it has more of a soul to it. nowdays it really doesn’t

sorry to go off on that tangent.

Hey that’s cool.

Open an independent record store – sell at competitive prices and stuff.

Sell really rare albums by really obscure artists that broke up within 3 months of releasing their debut and watch the indie kids flock to you!

If you’re serious, discuss this with your bank manager or something. Also, if you have an enterprising friend (or friends) go into a partnership.

yes, i would be the coolest one around.

i would love to do it, i am thinking of looking into a grant, a friend of mine is getting one to start a hotel.

more later………..someone at the door.

but my husband really wants to start a harley dealership. so i would say that any plans of mine would take back burner.

but i would love to do that. a record shop, or a bookstore, or both combined into one. now that would be cool.

Arthur
      Spectator

but my husband really wants to start a harley dealership. so i would say that any plans of mine would take back burner.[/quote:e14w2xve]
      Combine it. For example, during the sales period, give away a free Harley from your husband’s shop. Going with every second cd. I’m game, expect me to camp for your door 1 week before the sales. At least! :lol:

but my husband really wants to start a harley dealership. so i would say that any plans of mine would take back burner.

but i would love to do that. a record shop, or a bookstore, or both combined into one. now that would be cool.[/quote:3cbdelcv]

That would be pretty cool.

i thought so. with really big comfy chairs, where you could read, or listen to music. and have that smell, of books, and records, and nag champa. wow. that would be awesome. *sigh*

and maybe have a place to get tea or coffee.

well i can dream. maybe one day i will get to have that.

Arthur
      Spectator

Stop dreaming and start working bullet. That’s how SPfreaks.com was created also.

well, that is easier said than done.

i would be all for it, but my husband never likes my ideas, so………..

they never get done.

i live in a dictatorship, not a democracy.

but enough about me and my problems.

i will keep the dream alive, and hopefully be able to achive it within the next few years. i have to find out about that grant stuff first.

i will keep the dream alive, and hopefully be able to achive it within the next few years. i have to find out about that grant stuff first.[/quote:10pkmt3r] Like I said, talk it over with a bank manager or something – they will be able to tell you how likely this is to go well

blueczarina
      Spectator

if your going to live in a dictatorship make it a female one, afterall boys are not so good with the decision making.

i think it would be cool if you started a music store. you should get on it. wasting time helps nothing.

i will. thanks for beleving in me guys, you are the bestestes. (new word, def, when more than one person is the bestest.)

i will. thanks for beleving in me guys, you are the bestestes. (new word, def, when more than one person is the bestest.)[/quote:2vnxqrpi]

I read it as Best-Testes

hum, not what i ment anyways. :D

but you all are the best, in plural. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

you boys- i swear… :lol:

so full of shame

Arthur
      Spectator

afterall boys are not so good with the decision making.[/quote:24gpr9sx]
      Wanna know why? Because ALL girls starts nagging after ANY decision. It makes us tired. :P

i think it would be cool if you started a music store. you should get on it. wasting time helps nothing.[/quote:24gpr9sx]
      But I really do second that!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i just had to give boys crap there. :lol:

but, yeah, you need to get on it bullet! there is no reasons why your dreams should be second to someone elses. go for it!

if your going to live in a dictatorship make it a female one, afterall boys are not so good with the decision making.

i think it would be cool if you started a music store. you should get on it. wasting time helps nothing.[/quote:2roecjp0]

well come and live at my house, you’ll see. but that is a moot point cause i really should get my ass in gear and find out about it.

blueczarina
      Spectator

you do need to get your butt in gear. :)

girls rule the roost in my house, and i like to be incharge, so i would have troubles with that. :?

Arthur
      Spectator

blueczarina

Congratulations, you now belong to the 1,000 Posts Club. Bullet and me welcome you. Please enter, take a seat, softly sit down and relax. This time we will not do the Sodom & Gomorrah BBQ, but there will be a Veggy Festive. Candles, incense, tea, lazy couches, lesbian massage girls, all yours to enjoy. Welcome!

blueczarina
      Spectator

blueczarina

Congratulations, you now belong to the 1,000 Posts Club. Bullet and me welcome you. Please enter, take a seat, softly sit down and relax. This time we will not do the Sodom & Gomorrah BBQ, but there will be a Veggy Festive. Candles, incense, tea, lazy couches, lesbian massage girls, all yours to enjoy. Welcome![/quote:3s2bufgb]

i’ll pass on the lesbian massage girls. is this a party just for you Arthur. :?

oh, and i cheated so i’m not sure i count yet until i’ve posted 40 more times.

Don’t mind Arthur whilst you enjoy yourselves. He’ll just be sitting nearby with the camcorder. He wouldn’t dream of getting in your way!

blueczarina
      Spectator

i think you boys are cruisin’ for a bruisin’ here. :?

for shame on all of you :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Oh, the girls are off duty I just heard. Hopefully the 3 vegetarian powerliftin’ guys can be a good replacement? They do massages too, and pour your tea also! :D

Oh, the girls are off duty I just heard. Hopefully the 3 vegetarian powerliftin’ guys can be a good replacement? They do massages too, and pour your tea also! :D[/quote:1mookrme]

MANLY!

blueczarina
      Spectator

Oh, the girls are off duty I just heard. Hopefully the 3 vegetarian powerliftin’ guys can be a good replacement? They do massages too, and pour your tea also! :D[/quote:2r44xf3v]

knock yourself out Arthur- me and bullet aren’t coming :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

knock yourself out Arthur- me and bullet aren’t coming :lol:[/quote:2z9xhkw6]
      A few minutes ago, bullet was standing next to me to welcome you to the 1,000 Posts Club.

Bullet? Bullet! :roll:

Naah, never mind. Party’s over. Welcome anyway, hopefully we’ll see the next 1,000 posts from your hand soon. 8)

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh, i’m not leaving- even if you boys are full of shame and throw bad parties. :? :lol:

did i miss the powerlifting guys, well shit.

i hate that. i love buff guys. love them!! i must say again LOVE THEM. love……………

lesbians giving masages, now i don’t think i would like that. powerlifting guys giving masages and pouring tea. nice!!!!!!!!!!!

i can’t belive i missed the party, you take the kids to bible school, and everyone has fun without you.

well, whoever is next in line for the 1000 posts better hurry, cause i don’t wanna miss another party, can we do bbq again this time? but with the powerlifting guys????????????????

please!?

czarina didn’t know i liked the powerlifters. :wink:

This is an hilarious mental image – imagine an incredibly muscular guy, doing the whole muscle flexing thing (you know, bending the arms around and stuff) whilst going \"Huuurrrgh\"

Now imagine that action being used to massage someone.

Now imagine it being used whilst pouring tea!

now, they have to be hot while doing it, but not too muscular, not the like yucky muscle guys, just the ones that are pretty mucsley, and not gross muscly, and they can say whatever they want while giving me a massage and pouring my tea. :wink:

want me to find a pic? :wink:

Nah.

Also, through evaporation and condensation in a suitable pressure level.

Also, through evaporation and condensation in a suitable pressure level.[/quote:1l60mazp]

huh?

my headache makes it hard to think of most things, well except for ebay and hot guys.

Your signature.

silly, you are so correct.

thanks for explaining it to me. your a dear.

Arthur
      Spectator

now, they have to be hot while doing it, but not too muscular, not the like yucky muscle guys, just the ones that are pretty mucsley, and not gross muscly, and they can say whatever they want while giving me a massage and pouring my tea. :wink:[/quote:325tcfh7]
      I knew you were with me! blueczarina said you didn’t want to attend such party with her, but I guess she was… uhm… well… not informing you of her point of view, so to say. (phjew! how to be politicaly correct, lesson 4, chapter 8 :wink: )

The next 1,000 (or 2,000) Posts Club member will get the Sodom & Gomorrah BBQ with the powerliftin’ massage guys. That’s my decision, and my will shall be done. Amen. :twisted:

whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay for arthur.

czarina didn’t even let me know about it. but it is ok, she didn’t know that i wanted to attend. she knows am not all about the veggies. that is probably why she thought i didn’t want to go.

blueczarina
      Spectator

whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay for arthur.

czarina didn’t even let me know about it. but it is ok, she didn’t know that i wanted to attend. she knows am not all about the veggies. that is probably why she thought i didn’t want to go.[/quote:5y7yzti3]

actually what i meant was i was figuring you didn’t want to attend Arthur’s lesbian bash, as last i checked neither you nor me swing that way. plus the boys are all pervs today. :roll: :lol:

i’m not much for power lifters either though. they look fake and there skin looks like rubber. and there is something kind of Liberace about powerlifters serving tea. it just seemed a little fruity. :wink:

i think we should just invite Billy and go to a nice restaurant and leave Arthur at home with his lesbian fantasies. :roll: :twisted:

well now, this is an idea i can get behind. can we still have bbq? i love bbq. you think billy likes bbq?

how many times can i put bbq in a sentance?

hehehe

yeah, not in for the lesbians, only like the guys.

and i am not talking about the wierd power lifter guys, i am talking about the ones who aren’t all crazy viens popped out ones. i swear i am gonna find a pic.

but dinner with billy sounds so devine. *sigh*

blueczarina
      Spectator

yes, dinner with Billy would be super duper great. :D

you could have bbq and i could have grilled vegetables so it would work.

i’m glad thats not what you meant by power lifter guys, because i usually think of the guys with the fake tans and veins poping out. i think thats gross.

no, i like the guys who work out everyday and are mucsly, but no popping of viens, yucky poo. i am going to find a pic.

blueczarina
      Spectator

’tis yucky indeed

do you mean like UFC type guys? i know you like that.

heck yay dude, there are some really nice looking guys. i won’t go into for all to see, cause they probably don’t want to hear, but yes, those kind.

blueczarina
      Spectator

oh ok,

i don’t mind a fit guy either.

wow, this thread totally got derailed. maybe we should cover it up by talking about bands untill a new page comes up.

i will post a really long post, and then you do and we just talk about other bands.

oh maybe we could add some pictures, that would take up room.

blueczarina
      Spectator

sounds good.

i love Bloc Party, they are both cute and a great band.

i think i remember superlord talking about them, he knows all the cool bands. how does he find them?

lots of spaces work too if you can’t fill up enough space with words.

i really liked the sigur ros i heard, i am totally gonna get thier cd’s

i should listen to that bloc party too.

i really like ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

allison kraus, that is more bluegrass than country.

i like bluegrass though, have you ever heard it?

are you gonna help or what?

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’m not big on it.

its to country.

i hate country- ick. even though its very popular here.

well bluegrass is better than country. it has soul.

like have you seen o brother where art thou?

that has bluegrass music.

it is good.

blueczarina
      Spectator

crap, i gotta go to bed, i have to be up soon

but you should listen to allison kraus and union station

they are very good.

blueczarina
      Spectator

bluegrass is better than country, but still not my thing.

i guess its ok some though.

wow, that one guy has got great teeth.

teeth are very important.

cute guys too. not the teeth, cause that would be wierd.

man when are we gonna get to a new page?

blueczarina
      Spectator

they are cute.

we need more posts.

i gotta go, post a couple more times and i think we should be good, most people don’t read the whole thread anyway. i got some kids being loud when they should be alseep, and i need to be asleep. be good till tomarow.

night night.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i’ll find a big pic.

blueczarina
      Spectator

night, night

i promise to be good.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i also recommend Franz Ferdinand.

they are very good.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Mutemath is cool too.

they have the craziest music video for a song called Typical.

check it out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b13rc6DY74A[/youtube]

its super cool.

blueczarina
      Spectator

and back on the subject of Franz Ferdinand.

they have a really neat video for Take Me Out

its really artsy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM4dxI0mO1k[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

and back on the subject of Bloc Party.

they have a really cool video for the song Pioneers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52jWkrfjakk&feature=PlayList&p=FAA8BC7613992991&index=0[/youtube]

Explosions In The Sky

I’ve only got so far as the second track on one of their albums (that was in a zip case because it was left on an aeroplane and my dad works there and took it) but shit…

It’s awesome.

It’s post-rock by the way.

I am really getting into post-rock at the moment.

Arthur
      Spectator

I am really getting into post-rock at the moment.[/quote:pe05jt8a]
      I’m into that post/prog rock also the last few years, it’s pretty cool. Awesome music! Here are a few of my favourites, for you to explore and hopefully to enjoy too, if you didn’t know them already.

You might want to try Piano Magic for a start ( http://www.piano-magic.co.uk or http://www.myspace.com/lowbirthweight )

This is my goose bumps post rock anthem of them, called "You Can Hear The Room":

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8FNinrYKgis[/youtube]

& then move on to September Malevolence ( http://www.myspace.com/septembermalevolence )

& also try Fly Pan Am ( http://www.myspace.com/leflypanam => listen to Tres Tres Retro! Awesome!)

& Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Goddo supiido yuu! Burakku emparaa) shouldn’t be forgotten too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5EcFo6Q8Z8[/youtube]

Well, there’s much more, but these 4 come to my mind first as I’ve seen them play live. Have fun Superlord! 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

The Afghan Whigs
      The Wildhearts
      Wheatus
      Engel.

Arthur
      Spectator

Something COMPLETELY different now. You’re going to shoot me after a quick verdict to a death penalty I’m sure.

I’m getting fond of Amy Macdonald. And I’m not ashamed of it. :D

Poison Prince
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdCUNyjSOd0[/youtube]

This Is The Life
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MRYLWJb1o[/youtube]

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I’ve never heard of her before, really like her voice, kind of a slightly country Fiona Apple?
      I’ll have to check some of her stuff out

dunno about that girl, i like her voice too, but it doesn’t really pull me in.

No posts here for a while!

A band I’m gonna recommend is Kill Hannah. For those who don’t know/have never heard of them, they’re based in Chicago (side note – Billy himself has called them the future of rock music in Chicago!) and have this new-wave, poppy goth type thing going on. They’re pretty damn addictive too!

Kennedy (Ignore the fact that this isn’t an official vid. Just enjoy the music!)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vy8UsWrf4U[/youtube]

Lips Like Morphine

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW7G4tVwXOw[/youtube]

Boys and Girls

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7xJ1mUzmw[/youtube]

Just a few of their songs, btw.

*Edit* whoops, forgot a song I was going to show. Strange, considering that I’m absolutely addicted to it. Oh well.

Nerve Gas

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PUH0u-vK0[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

not bad…kinda like them, but they still don’t move me like the Pumpkins do

not bad…kinda like them, but they still don’t move me like the Pumpkins do[/quote:18bxa0el]

Haha, of course not. I mean, this topic isn’t a competition to find a band that we unanimously agree to be better than SP! :lol:

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

OCEANSIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFkyrRqz … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ36K58t … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E03UISgO9iY

This is my current favourite band from Manchester.They supported the pumpkins on 3 of their UK dates in febuary. The vid for ‘unfamiliar’ is heavily edited for a radio version,but you’ll get the idea.

Please take a little time to listen to the last 2. If these songs dont get you,emotionally,then you are cold as stone(or not). :)

Arthur— I like Amy Macdonald, thanks for posting her. I’ll have to see if I can get it downloaded soon. I’m not ashamed either…..

Pipoka
      Spectator

and back on the subject of Franz Ferdinand.

they have a really neat video for Take Me Out

its really artsy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM4dxI0mO1k[/youtube][/quote:16qpowby]

Finally someone that like franz too !
      i’m still crying because i couldn’t see them in portugal a week ago :cry:

blueczarina
      Spectator

OMG finally someone who likes Franz too. yippee. :P

that’s too bad you missed them though Pipoka.

they are one of my faves. :P

Pipoka
      Spectator

mine too :D

i feel so energetic when i hear them, always dance with a lot of silly moves :lol:
      but it’s great that their music puts me in such a good mood

blueczarina
      Spectator

it is upbeat music- nothing real depressing for the most part.

whats your fave songs Pipoka? :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

i absolutely love the first album, all songs.

i guess i would choose:
      Jacqueline
      Take Me Out
      The Dark Of The Matinée
      This Fire
      Darts Of Pleasure
      Michael

The Fallen
      Do You Want To
      You’re The Reason I’m Leaving
      You Could Have It So Much Better
      Evil And A Heathen

yours?

Marcella
      Spectator

OH WELL DO YOU, DO YOU DO YOU WANT TO?!?!
      OH WELL DO YOU, DO YOU, DO YOU WANT TO, WANT TO GOOO
      WHERE IVE NEVER LET YOU BEFORE?

*too doo doo too doo doo*

Great song to dance to XD.

Pipoka
      Spectator

yes ! :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

i like the whole first album too plus All For You Sophia on the bonus disc. i like your list for the next album and i like Fabulously Lazy. i need to still get all the b-sides though. :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

i need to still get all the b-sides though. :)[/quote:3f8gn3hd]

me too…. :roll:

blueczarina
      Spectator

i need to still get all the b-sides though. :)[/quote:1kep68gk]

me too…. :roll:[/quote:1kep68gk]

its sad. :cry:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

The Killers – Sawdust

It’s actually mindblowing how good this album is. The Killers’ Pisces Iscariot.

blueczarina
      Spectator

you have a new pic. :wink:

yeah, that’s a good album too. i like there Shadowplay cover.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, that’s a good album too. i like there Shadowplay cover.[/quote:6bogf665]

I do!!!! Thanks for noticing…

Who are they covering w/ Shadowplay?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Peter Gabriel – Hit

Both discs.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Queens of the Stone Age – Lullabies to Paralyze

Second only to Siamese Dream as the perfect album. Well, and Dark side of the Moon. So third. ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, that’s a good album too. i like there Shadowplay cover.[/quote:39f8pw8o]

I do!!!! Thanks for noticing…

Who are they covering w/ Shadowplay?[/quote:39f8pw8o]

really ? :shock:

Joy Division

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Joy Division, huh?

I wonder if I would like them. ????

blueczarina
      Spectator

Joy Division, huh?

I wonder if I would like them. ????[/quote:nhvylk70]

i like what i’ve heard of them so far. Billy likes them too and i actually checked them out because of the SP. oh, and Transmission is also a Joy Division cover in case you didn’t know, although Billy kind of did his own thing with it. :wink:

they are worth checking. i like them.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Joy Division, huh?

I wonder if I would like them. ????[/quote:2y4cleuw]

i like what i’ve heard of them so far. Billy likes them too and i actually checked them out because of the SP. oh, and Transmission is also a Joy Division cover in case you didn’t know, although Billy kind of did his own thing with it. :wink:

they are worth checking. i like them.[/quote:2y4cleuw]

How sad is this?????

I have never heard transmission. Either version…. lol.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Joy Division, huh?

I wonder if I would like them. ????[/quote:1ylrm7oa]

they are worth checking. i like them.[/quote:1ylrm7oa]

How sad is this?????

I have never heard transmission. Either version…. lol.[/quote:1ylrm7oa]

hehe :lol: i’ll forgive you :wink:

amnesia
      Spectator

Saw this vid over MTV the other day.The vid itself is ok, but my god the song is awesome.Check it out ladies and gents :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eclMypNggQQ[/youtube]

amnesia
      Spectator

You guys remeber the Dusty springfied song called I only wanna be with you ? Then check this vid, its from same groupe i posted above.They called Volbeat, i find the name to suck but this version of I only wanna be with you rox.Check it out, or just dont watch it if you dont give a fuck.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts19Nn-xyGs[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

i can’t watch any vids now because i’m at work.

amnesia
      Spectator

Opps.dupe post :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i can’t watch any vids now because i’m at work.[/quote:16x94b0a]

At work on Saturday?

blueczarina
      Spectator

i can’t watch any vids now because i’m at work.[/quote:8b5uszym]

At work on Saturday?[/quote:8b5uszym]

yup, i only work Saturday and Sundays- i have Mon- Fri off. basically i work two 12 hr day shifts checking in patients in the ER at the hospital. it works because i can make more than i was making working 4 days a week at JC Pennies in 2 days a week. plus i’m in school so i get Mon – Fri off for that.

Arthur
      Spectator

Saw this vid over MTV the other day.The vid itself is ok, but my god the song is awesome.Check it out ladies and gents :wink: [/quote:17gzbgb3]
      If I was 14 years old, I would have appreciated it too I guess. :wink:

Seriously, it’s not really bad or something, but it doesn’t strike me either. But don’t let me stop you enjoying it! :lol:

amnesia
      Spectator

Saw this vid over MTV the other day.The vid itself is ok, but my god the song is awesome.Check it out ladies and gents :wink: [/quote:31qy3klk]
      If I was 14 years old, I would have appreciated it too I guess. :wink:

Seriously, it’s not really bad or something, but it doesn’t strike me either. But don’t let me stop you enjoying it! :lol:[/quote:31qy3klk]

Well i did not expect an old man would like that kinda of music, maybe its to hard for the heart i dont know, but atleast you watched the vids, and i was really not expecting anyone from this forum to even bother watching them

Anonymous
      Spectator

I watched them mayo…
      They are not too bad…
      I would never would have heard them unless it wasn’t for you :)

Marcella
      Spectator

I saw them on MTV too :D . I think they’re cool.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Saw this vid over MTV the other day.The vid itself is ok, but my god the song is awesome.Check it out ladies and gents :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eclMypNggQQ[/youtube][/quote:21vbdbh5]

That’s an intwesting videeo and song, Fingers. Cheers ears for the heads-up, I’ll looksie more into them soonish. :) :twisted:

Nachtkabarett
      Spectator

Coil

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Some (or all) might already be recommended in here, but, heres a few more bands I love :

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3zPbBMbnjI[/youtube]

Cold War Kids
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyhkQzPLjcA[/youtube]

Kings of Leon (new album out this week!!! :D)
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHhhcKxflMY[/youtube]

Cooper Temple Clause (sadly no longer together :()
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wAtekW0SAY[/youtube]

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot6FFSb5SzY[/youtube]

I see ppl where talking about Joy Division, their one of my all time faves, top 5 easily :)
      If you like them you’d probably like Interpol :
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_OcR0fbf6g[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

I see ppl where talking about Joy Division, their one of my all time faves, top 5 easily :)
      If you like them you’d probably like Interpol [/quote:36qfh77z]

why yes, i do :)

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Hehe, perhaps the Editors aswell?
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blP9LWyKqzI[/youtube]

Btw Billy Covered Joy Divisions \"Isolation\" as well, though I think that was with Starchildren rather than SP

amnesia
      Spectator

I really like that song from Cooper Temple Clause.I think lead singer has a cool voice.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Hehe, perhaps the Editors aswell?[/quote:306pobni]

i’ve never heard them before, but i looked them up. they kind of sound like Interpol. i really liked them though. i think i will check them out further. :wink:

I recommend Slowdive. They are a now-defunct dream-pop band, and produced some good tunes.

Example:

Machine Gun
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKroNAPBaVs[/youtube]

(note: not an official video from the band. Just listen to the song.)

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I second the Slowdive recommendation, they are great :)

You might like these guys \"The Butterfly Explosion\" they incorporate elements of Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine and Gish era Pumpkins
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmuJMzD6_R0[/youtube]

Motograter
      Isle Of Q
      LIfe Of Agony
      Elvenking
      Lacuna Coil
      In Flames

amnesia
      Spectator

I second the Slowdive recommendation, they are great :)

You might like these guys "The Butterfly Explosion" they incorporate elements of Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine and Gish era Pumpkins
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmuJMzD6_R0[/youtube][/quote:2qm9rei5]

This is an awesome track!! Thanks for sharring :D

Pipoka
      Spectator

really awesome track ! thanks cult ;)

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Glad you guys liked it :)
      You should look them up on lastfm, I’m sure at least 1 of their EP’s (if not both) are available for free download there :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

well since I am such a retard what is lastfm? I have heard of it and been on the site for about 30 seconds
      Can I take those songs for itunes? If not then I don’t know if it worthwhile for me to sign up…

blueczarina
      Spectator

last fm is free so you don’t get charged for signing up.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Is it just for listening on the pc?
      I am pumpkins freak..lol :lol:
      that’s pretty much the only music I really truly care about

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Once you’ve downloaded the tracks you’r pretty much free to do with them as you please, I’ve never had any problems playing anything I’ve downloaded there on either itunes or my ipod :)

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Oh, and I don’t think you even need to sign up to download any tracks from the site, just look up the bands profile on last fm, click whatever tracks you wish to download (you have to do them individually).
      here is the profile of the band I mentioned above :
      http://www.last.fm/music/The+Butterfly+Explosion

Once you’ve downloaded the tracks you’r pretty much free to do with them as you please, I’ve never had any problems playing anything I’ve downloaded there on either itunes or my ipod :)[/quote:2inqm9tb]

As it should be.

DRM is absolutely horrible. I loathe it.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

here’s my favorites. other than pumpkins.
      tool
      deftones
      mars volta
      dredg
      circa survive
      glassjaw
      primus
      saosin (their first ep)
      yes
      pink floyd
      30 seconds to mars

Shannen
      Spectator

System Of A Down
      The Mars Volta
      Aerosmith
      Cold Play
      The Scorpions
      Led Zeppelin
      Bloc Party
      Urban Dance Squad
      Massive Attack
      Aerosmith
      Nirvana
      Red Hot Chili Pepper
      Pink Floyd

amnesia
      Spectator

Nine Inch Nails
      Paradise Lost
      Pearl Jam
      Green Day
      Beastie Boys
      Radiohead
      Recoil
      Kashmir
      Staind

And the gone legends

Soundgarden
      Bush
      Rage Against The Machine
      Audioslave

some pumpkins
      Spectator

System Of A Down
      The Mars Volta
      Aerosmith
      Cold Play
      The Scorpions
      Led Zeppelin
      Bloc Party
      Urban Dance Squad
      Massive Attack
      Aerosmith
      Nirvana
      Red Hot Chili Pepper
      Pink Floyd[/quote:g21l8kkc]

hey shannen, im seeing mars volta on saturday night!

blueczarina
      Spectator

System Of A Down
      The Mars Volta
      Aerosmith
      Cold Play
      The Scorpions
      Led Zeppelin
      Bloc Party
      Urban Dance Squad
      Massive Attack
      Aerosmith
      Nirvana
      Red Hot Chili Pepper
      Pink Floyd[/quote:3eajct36]

thats a pretty good list Shannen. i like several of those and you are the only other Bloc fan besides me here I think.

and speaking of Bloc Party- what do you think of their new album? i dislike a couple tracks, but overall its pretty good and Talons kicks ass.

Shannen
      Spectator

hey shannen, im seeing mars volta on saturday night![/quote:1y8xrogx]

I wish I could see them live :(

Shannen
      Spectator

thats a pretty good list Shannen. i like several of those and you are the only other Bloc fan besides me here I think.

and speaking of Bloc Party- what do you think of their new album? i dislike a couple tracks, but overall its pretty good and Talons kicks ass.[/quote:21x4h663]

Get to know about them during my school days in UK during thier formation (unknown as Bloc Party yet). They are just like SP (Ops! the SPfreakies would disagree with this. But pls don’t jump into conclusion yet before finish reading my sentence :P) but they have different style in projecting thier lyrics.

I found thier new album is kind of a bit conservative compare to thier previous albums. Yes, I have to agree with you I dislike a few tracks though. Found them kinda cheesy (to Bloc Party fans out there, no offence. *Peace*).

P/S: I like MCR too :-)

And I recommend another band. I expect some of you will have heard of them before, but nevertheless:
      Sunny Day Real Estate.

They were a great indie-rock emo band, and massively influential on what emo music was. Their album ‘Diary’ is considered by some to be the be-all-end-all of emo.

A couple of my favourite songs:

Song About An Angel
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlYLdbsYVI8[/youtube]

Friday, although I can’t find a youtube link for it… go download it somewhere, it’s fucking awesome!

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Hehe, perhaps the Editors aswell?
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blP9LWyKqzI[/youtube]

Btw Billy Covered Joy Divisions "Isolation" as well, though I think that was with Starchildren rather than SP[/quote:2ab38qzh]

I absolutely love their song’smokers outside the hospital doors’.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c3jK32pOt8

Class!

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

OCEANSIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFkyrRqz … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ36K58t … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E03UISgO9iY

This is my current favourite band from Manchester.They supported the pumpkins on 3 of their UK dates in febuary. The vid for ‘unfamiliar’ is heavily edited for a radio version,but you’ll get the idea.

Please take a little time to listen to the last 2. If these songs dont get you,then you are cold as stone(or not)hahaha :D . :)[/quote:dlw8i40s]

Has anyone checked these guys out yet? :cry:

The songs take a while to kick in,but believe me it’s worth it,particularly the last two.

Go on,give it a chance!

If one person can say they dont like,then i’ll send you a free pumpkins related c.d.,cool?

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

James Iha and myself love them and so should you! :D

How about a band from my home town……..

……..Teenage Fanclub?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iuALpEXNlE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1KiLJ6HoTs

They even done a song with De La Soul……….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ysi7yB1fg

Hope you like it. :D

blueczarina
      Spectator

and speaking of Bloc Party- what do you think of their new album? i dislike a couple tracks, but overall its pretty good and Talons kicks ass.[/quote:2k7zvphw]

Get to know about them during my school days in UK during thier formation (unknown as Bloc Party yet). They are just like SP (Ops! the SPfreakies would disagree with this. But pls don’t jump into conclusion yet before finish reading my sentence :P) but they have different style in projecting thier lyrics.

I found thier new album is kind of a bit conservative compare to thier previous albums. Yes, I have to agree with you I dislike a few tracks though. Found them kinda cheesy (to Bloc Party fans out there, no offence. *Peace*).

P/S: I like MCR too :-)[/quote:2k7zvphw]

"like the SP" :shock: sorry, i had too. :P i really like them, but i don’t think they have as much to their music as Billy does. some songs have feeling- but its not like what you get with the SP and the song writing isn’t as good as Billy’s. i still like them loads though. i think i just put the SP on a pedestal and refuse to put anyone else even near that in my mind. :wink: but yes- Bloc Party kicks ass.

as for the new album- yeah, some tracks are cheesy. Mercury for example, which also gets my vote as one of the worst music vids ever. :roll: i don’t like the first track either. i forget what its called.

so you first liked them as Union then Shannen? some of their early stuff was pretty cool. i really like Rivulet. they should resurrect it. its an awesome song.

Anonymous
      Spectator

actually I checked the vids out yesterday. The 1st one I am not that impressed. I thought his voice was rather dull.Maybe because I have a comparison problem going on with Billy’s…
      But I did like the other ones the other 2 posted.

anybody ever heard skindred? they are cool. i wish i was at home so i could post a vid or so i could watch all these you guys have posted.

skindred:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=n_SUPkYTC-U

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=voJpBogxV … re=related

reggae, have you heard them before? their music is kinda reggae/rock. i love it :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

OMG!! I fucking love it!!!
      I want to got to the clubs in Jamaica now
      awesome shit Rose,but now I feel I am in need of a vacation…lol
      Great recommendation!!
      pretty bad ass!!
      Billy better kick it up a notch..j/k

glad you like it :)

I’m going to recommend my mates one-man-band project.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=7065861024

Arthur, you’re into post-rock – this is kinda post-rocky, you might like it. Lord knows I do. Normally, a friend’s band is always that – a friend’s band. It’s always kinda hard to like their music. But fuuuuck this is good.

Anonymous
      Spectator

wow Superlord..your friend’s band sounds rather good! I enjoyed listening to his music…

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I don’t know how you keep up with all these forums within forums…

okay, I’m going to suggest on of my favorites. Neutral Milk Hotel

blueczarina
      Spectator

I don’t know how you keep up with all these forums within forums…[/quote:9i6hsvj7]

we are excessively dedicated :lol:

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I don’t know how you keep up with all these forums within forums…[/quote:3e3cupio]

we are excessively dedicated :lol:[/quote:3e3cupio]

I can see. I nearly cried this past month going through people’s collection photos. I feel like a sucky fan. My parents were a little weird though, they never wanted me to have band posters on my wall, and they didn’t let me go to concerts until I turned 18… so I kind of started late and got side tracked with so many other things in life. I feel like I’m starting over these past few months… but the sad part is I don’t have money to afford a collection!

I don’t have money to afford a collection![/quote:3tuxzmmu]

Me neither. My rarest significant SP thing is probably TAFH. And I’ve been on this forum since the beginning. Back when the vast, vast majority of the users (all 5 of them) were all hardcore collectors.

Pipoka
      Spectator

same here guys…

but money is a matter of time… maybe some day… who knows :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

ah yes TAFH..that was fun buying mine after Superlord bought his and getting mine before he got his :lol:
      I have one of the Today singles which according to Dazey was a nice find for me :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

vast majority of the users (all 5 of them)[/quote:2wtwqlvf]

all 5 of them :lol: well we have doubled or tripled that now :wink: maybe, i think

i have sp stuff, but with college bills and what not i can’t afford to be all die hard i’m afraid. i have a few nice goodies though.

Pipoka
      Spectator

Next Friday i’m going to see Nouvelle Vague, a french band that plays covers most of the times with a bossa nova , carabean and reggar influence.

Here’s the link if you like to know more [url:20u2c6y0]http://www.nouvellesvagues.com/english/about02.html[/url:20u2c6y0]

And here is a video of a cover from BAUHAUS song \" bela lugosi’s dead\"

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NJi2l5TX3w0[/youtube]

They also covered songs like:

ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN : killing moon
      BUZZCOCKS : ever fallen in love
      LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH : dance with me
      YAZOO : don’t go
      BILLY IDOL : dancing with myself
      BLONDIE : heart of glass
      THE WAKE : o pamela
      NEW ORDER : blue Monday
      THE CRAMPS : human fly
      BAUHAUS : bela lugosi’s dead
      THE SOUND : escape myself
      HEAVEN 17 : let me go
      JOY DIVISION : Love will tear us apart
      DEPECHE MODE : Just can’t get enough
      TUXEDOMOON : In a manner of speaking
      THE CLASH : Guns of Brixton
      P.I.L. : (This is not a) love song
      DEAD KENNEDYS : Too drunk to fuck
      THE SISTERS OF MERCY : Marian
      XTC : Making plans for Nigel
      THE CURE : A forest
      MODERN ENGLISH : I melt with you
      THE UNDERTONES : Teenage Kicks
      KILLING JOKE : Psyche
      THE SPECIALS : Friday night, saturday morning
      VISAGE : fade to grey
      BLANCMANGE : waves

blueczarina
      Spectator

that was pretty cool Pip :) i think i will check them out

and its funny because in the lit class i had today we are reading Dracula :twisted:

Arthur
      Spectator

Lately I’m not that much into rock music anymore, sorry to say it. This is what makes me happy! Jump! Jump!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeGhidMsXZI[/youtube]

Pipoka
      Spectator

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m going to recommend my mates one-man-band project.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=7065861024

Arthur, you’re into post-rock – this is kinda post-rocky, you might like it. Lord knows I do. Normally, a friend’s band is always that – a friend’s band. It’s always kinda hard to like their music. But fuuuuck this is good.[/quote:1j8131l8]
      This is indeed VERY good. You should become his manager & road crew & he might want to divide the groupies between you 2 on tour. Friends with benefits, right? :wink:

Seriously, with a proper marketing this can go somewhere. It’s fucking good!

blueczarina
      Spectator

OMG Arthur :lol: Smurfs!

blueczarina
      Spectator

lately i’m into Bloc Party again. i stopped listening to them some for a smidge, but lately i have been going back to really liking them. i think its because there is new stuff again and not just Flux and crap. :wink:

I can see. I nearly cried this past month going through people’s collection photos. I feel like a sucky fan. My parents were a little weird though, they never wanted me to have band posters on my wall, and they didn’t let me go to concerts until I turned 18… so I kind of started late and got side tracked with so many other things in life. I feel like I’m starting over these past few months… but the sad part is I don’t have money to afford a collection![/quote:312yk2vp]

don’t feel bad, i don’t have much of a collection either, just the albums (no singles or rare albums) and 2 t-shirts. i wish i could afford to buy more stuff too.

Arthur
      Spectator

I don’t know how you keep up with all these forums within forums…[/quote:3qs1pwbz]

we are excessively dedicated :lol:[/quote:3qs1pwbz]

I can see. I nearly cried this past month going through people’s collection photos. I feel like a sucky fan. My parents were a little weird though, they never wanted me to have band posters on my wall, and they didn’t let me go to concerts until I turned 18… so I kind of started late and got side tracked with so many other things in life. I feel like I’m starting over these past few months… but the sad part is I don’t have money to afford a collection![/quote:3qs1pwbz]
      Can I be honest with you Della? Your reply is honest too, so… We try to make this place a home for Smashing Pumpkins fans and Smashing Pumpkins collectors. Fans should feel free to dedicate their time with friends here, without being afraid to be flamed any minute. We can strongly disagree with each other sometimes, but always with respect. Collectors, often being treated as freaks elsewhere, should feel like the coolest persons on earth here. Because they are in fact cool persons, as most of them are friendly and helpful. And they have a lot of knowledge & rarities to share too! So it doesn’t matter if you have a big collection or not. Who fucking cares that The Everlasting Gaze was maybe released on some obscure Taiwanese promo compilation? (OK, I do… :lol: ) Seriously, you are a nice person, amongst many other nice persons here, and we happen to share the same intrest in some fucking cool band called Smashing Pumpkins, and next to that, we want to make some silly fun together, and that is what fucking counts! 8)

This is, I guess, SPfreaks.com in a nutshell. Correct me if I’m wrong… :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

OMG Arthur :lol: Smurfs![/quote:2e8hcjqi]
      Aren’t they uuuberkool? :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

OMG Arthur :lol: Smurfs![/quote:1jyby0e4]
      Aren’t they uuuberkool? :wink:[/quote:1jyby0e4]

Arthur is drinking or some shit.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Who fucking cares that The Everlasting Gaze was maybe released on some obscure Taiwanese promo compilation? (OK, I do… :lol: ) [/quote:9pmuaosn]

WHAT?

Which one? Can you get me a copy?!!!!!

NM, I have it. ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

OMG Arthur :lol: Smurfs![/quote:15n07nvz]
      Aren’t they uuuberkool? :wink:[/quote:15n07nvz]

Arthur is drinking or some shit.[/quote:15n07nvz]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

NM, I have it. ;)[/quote:v0eo9mpf]
      This one, right? :wink:
      http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=2357

Arthur
      Spectator

Arthur is drinking or some shit.[/quote:7nnd8o8t]
      No. Only recommending the best of the best from my home country. Here is another one, from that period when the Dutch invented gabberhouse music. Man, am I proud of my country! We brought house music to the world! :roll: It started in 1992 with this shit:

Rotterdam Termination Source. Jump! Poing! Jump! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erdd0c657nA[/youtube]

And here are the dance moves that go with it. You should try it, I dare you, it’s FUN! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGr53ugw6pQ[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

wow :lol:

all you need to go with that now is some glow sticks and some acid Arthur :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

wow :lol:

all you need to go with that now is some glow sticks and some acid Arthur :lol:[/quote:a8yrip0o]
      I tried that yeah when I lived in Amsterdam, and they put it on tape and used it for a funny clip. See, I’m the guy with the long hair and the "pwueeezzze bwoddaaa!" necklace. Man, those where the days! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmYi5u9BhtI[/youtube]

blueczarina
      Spectator

what? :lol:

are you kidding :lol:

Pipoka
      Spectator

Anonymous
      Spectator

WOW! Crazy
      I need drugs to cope with all the flashy graphics on those vids..and the last one hilarious the hippie guy was smoke festing like crazy. :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

whoa and the smurfs…I love the smurfs :P
      little blue guys and a gal that live in mushrooms :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

whoa and the smurfs…I love the smurfs :P
      little blue guys and a gal that live in mushrooms :lol:[/quote:2yb23aoi]

and its there houses that brought about that vid as there are consequences when you live in shroooms :shock: as they might cause you to see pretty colors and hear catchy dance beats :shock:

Anonymous
      Spectator

one big smurfshroom party :lol:
      didn’t they always end up signing something in every show? I watched that show religiously as a child…I know there is a really naughty smurf video on youtube about papa smurf..LOL

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe :lol:

yeah, i think they sang in every show. i use to watch them when i was little too. :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

lalalalalala I’m a little smurf :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

See, Smurfs make you happy! Jump! :lol:

Tion
      Spectator

Tocotronic.
      a (totally underated) german band…

\"kapitulation\"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYW6mgIN6Pk[/youtube]

Not a band, but rather one very particular song – the theme song from the game Mirror’s Edge. With the vocal talents of the Swedish pop/rock star, Lisa Miskovsky. Apparently.

A very good song, and I’m not even into trance music!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERyxFfMqDk[/youtube]

some pumpkins
      Spectator

here’s two of my favorite non pumpkins songs. get out your tissue box.

digital bath, by deftones

<object width=\"425\" height=\"344\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/JigvTXm6FVM&hl=en&fs=1\"></param><param name=\"allowFullScreen\" value=\"true\"></param><param name=\"allowscriptaccess\" value=\"always\"></param><embed src=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/JigvTXm6FVM&hl=en&fs=1\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" allowscriptaccess=\"always\" allowfullscreen=\"true\" width=\"425\" height=\"344\"></embed></object>

and radiohead’s, how to disappear completely (i love this particular live version)

<object width=\"425\" height=\"344\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/FtCBxBhvXiY&hl=en&fs=1\"></param><param name=\"allowFullScreen\" value=\"true\"></param><param name=\"allowscriptaccess\" value=\"always\"></param><embed src=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/FtCBxBhvXiY&hl=en&fs=1\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" allowscriptaccess=\"always\" allowfullscreen=\"true\" width=\"425\" height=\"344\"></embed></object>

sonofabitch! why didnt that work?

Anonymous
      Spectator

did you forget to click the youtube box button above when you posted the video?

blueczarina
      Spectator

thats weird. just copy the url. press youtube, paste the url, and then press youtube again. then you should be good. :wink:

[youtube]…url…[/youtube]

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i didnt notice the button. im not very computer savvy

radiohead
      [youtube]<object width=\"425\" height=\"344\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/FtCBxBhvXiY&hl=en&fs=1\"></param><param name=\"allowFullScreen\" value=\"true\"></param><param name=\"allowscriptaccess\" value=\"always\"></param><embed src=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/FtCBxBhvXiY&hl=en&fs=1\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" allowscriptaccess=\"always\" allowfullscreen=\"true\" width=\"425\" height=\"344\"></embed></object[/youtube]

deftones
      [youtube]<object width=\"425\" height=\"344\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/JigvTXm6FVM&hl=en&fs=1\"></param><param name=\"allowFullScreen\" value=\"true\"></param><param name=\"allowscriptaccess\" value=\"always\"></param><embed src=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/JigvTXm6FVM&hl=en&fs=1\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" allowscriptaccess=\"always\" allowfullscreen=\"true\" width=\"425\" height=\"344\"></embed></object>[/youtube]

fuck it! im a dork

Anonymous
      Spectator

ok
      go to youtube click on the url that is on your web browser and copy paste it over here
      not the embedding code on the side for myspace and junk-just what’s in the web browser ;)
      so youtube pastedURL Youtube

Anonymous
      Spectator

sometimes youtube don’t always want to work right either

some pumpkins
      Spectator

last try…

deftones
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JigvTXm6FVM[/youtube]

radiohead
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtCBxBhvXiY[/youtube]

what a waste of space

Anonymous
      Spectator

BOOYAH!!! :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

you got it. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i love the digtal bath red snow googles. fawesome.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i love the digtal bath red snow googles. fawesome.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i love the digtal bath red snow googles. fawesome.[/quote:11nf6fww]

i never leave home without them

blueczarina
      Spectator

i see you love that twice manilla :lol: :wink:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i see you love that twice manilla :lol: :wink:[/quote:2jlfr56v]

he’s got 4 eyes

blueczarina
      Spectator

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i have to go watch the office now

blueczarina
      Spectator

have fun :wink: i just watched that a bit ago.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

have fun :wink: i just watched that a bit ago.[/quote:2xau97vq]

tivo is beautiful. ok im really going now. laterz.

blueczarina
      Spectator

see you :wink:

Pipoka
      Spectator

So cool ! I love digital bath!

I had 14 years old when i used to hear that song non stop! :D cool !

some pumpkins
      Spectator

So cool ! I love digital bath!

I had 14 years old when i used to hear that song non stop! :D cool ![/quote:wl0redqo]

i love white pony so much! that song used to make me cry.

Tion
      Spectator

to be honest:
      sometimes i listen to the beach boys… 8)

oh, and danzig is awesome..(sometimes)

Have Placebo been recommended yet? Well, I’ll recommend them. They are this deliciously, androgynously, bi-curiously, fucked up alternative rock band. They’re also British.

Check out their song Nancy Boy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnCxKy7LPk4[/youtube]

And also Special K:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ifK2iVInRk[/youtube]

Pipoka
      Spectator

I like Placebo ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

I like Placebo ;)[/quote:2qq3sxgd]

me too :wink:

i just wanted to recomend a local band from around here, thought alot of you might like them, here is thier myspace page,

http://www.myspace.com/kingtankrevolution

the bass player is my friends husband, and they are really good, hopefully i can get to see them live on jan second when they are in somerset, that is only about 20 miles from me.

oh they play metal, and it is really good, so check them out.

I recommend just about every band on the .

Pipoka
      Spectator

This is a song ( a sad one) that i love
      The video is made by a fan, so just listen the song if you want to

It’s called \"Haunted Home\" by David Fonseca

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=M-B0j4sSvuw[/youtube]

Go listen to The Gaslight Anthem, particularly their second album ‘The ’59 Sound’

It’s really good.

Like, really good.

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

I think I’ll throw in a few more recommendations here, it’s been a while, all of these bands are pretty old I guess, but I’m pretty addicted to all of them :)

Gang of Four Brilliant band, kind of a punkier version of the Kinks, I’m in love with their album \"Entertainment\" look up their song \"Damaged Goods\" for a taste :)

The Animals you probably have heard of them from Pumpkins covering \"A girl named Sandoz\", but a great band in their own right.

The Clash the ultimate in Punk technology as far as I’m concerned, they started to waver a bit whn they fired Topper (their drummer) but I still love all their albums, especially \"The Clash\" and \"Londons calling\", though \"Sandinista!\" had quite a bit of filler on it…..but what am I saying? Everyone knows The Clash, right? Or at least a couple of their bigger singles.

blueczarina
      Spectator

good choices ^^ Cult 8)

and long time no see in these parts :P

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Thanks! :)
      Yeah it’s been a while, have internet access issues, so I don’t get online as much as I used to :/

blueczarina
      Spectator

that’s alright. i understand. my computer can be a little bitch too. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

Klaxons and Ladytron

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Dazey mentioned them in the original post, but I thought I’d throw in a video, as their awesome, and deserve it.
      For all you post-rock fans :
      God is an astronaut – \"Suicide by star\"
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZltd_nz2ag[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

We all love SPs, possibly, yet which other bands would you recommend someone tries also?

Here’s the first ones I could think of…

Imho:-

Filter
      Windmills By The Ocean
      Dubstar
      Sparklehorse
      Death Cab For Cutie
      Husky
      Catherine & Buglette

You know, I can only say THE CHAINSAW KITTENS. I can’t understand that they never got to be the next "big thing". The long forgotten band… but still so goood! :D
      God Is An Astronaut
      Godspeed! You Black Emperor.[/quote:3h6pawem]

The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest

Aphex Twin. He makes fantastic electronic music – I recommend checking him out even if you’re not a fan of electronic stuff, and if you think it’s all ‘untz-untz-untz-tsch-untz-untz-untz-tsch-untz-untz…’. It’s nothing like that. It’s actual music he makes.

Check out ‘Girl/Boy Song’ (ignore the video – just listen. Oh and it’s better in not-youtube-quality too)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdZs5PVcwBs[/youtube]

Marcella
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

manillascissor
      Keymaster

The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest The Ascent Of Everest

who?

Marcella
      Spectator

Hey, it all depends on the ear of the…behearer? Whatever 8).

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Hey, it all depends on the ear of the…behearer? Whatever 8).[/quote:2uei49jr]

the drum of the listener? ;)

Marcella
      Spectator

Hey, it all depends on the ear of the…behearer? Whatever 8).[/quote:2i9x7c7r]

the drum of the listener? ;)[/quote:2i9x7c7r]

I-I k-knew that =).

Im a Cult Hero
      Spectator

Okay, a couple of bands I’ve listened today that are really very good.

First off, Hum. They make quite wonderful music – it sort of approaches rock music, but doesn’t quote reach it, in a good way. If I remember :lol: Go listen to their album ‘You’d Prefer An Astronaut’

Secondly, Album Leaf. They’re kind of a cross between Sigur Ros and some awesome poppy electronic stuff thrown in as well. As well as a little bit of weirdness. Go listen to ‘In A Safe Place’ like, now! There are some good seeders there, I started it this afternoon, finished it within a couple of hours!

Kuumar
      Spectator

I recommend these artists

Bon Iver
      Deth Klok
      Fleet Foxes
      Led Zeppelin
      Megadeth
      Mindless Self Indulgence
      Muse
      The Mars Volta
      Red Hot Chili peppers
      Shearwater
      Slipknot
      Tool

Anonymous
      Spectator

Beatles-all of them ;)
      Pink Floyd (my favorite album cover is Animals)
      Santana Abraxas
      The Little River Band
      Fleetwood Mac
      Pearl Jam
      Rage Against the Machine
      and now I must be done..because I got called into my fucking job!

Anonymous
      Spectator

this should have been posted in the best albums thread OOPS!

Arthur
      Spectator

Dark Star. Old band already (10 years ago, they never became really famous, and we never heard from them anymore…) but when I listened to their album just now, I still get shivers on my spine. And I have some cool promo cds of them also. 8)

Anyway, here are Graceadelica and I Am The Sun (few of their best songs, to my humble opinion).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ9EBzbDoak[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gwsBwkONw[/youtube]

Arthur
      Spectator

And Jane’s Addiction was already mentioned here maybe? Anyway, check this out!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRv3G26Xi-k[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH-JPaue9jA[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

Oh, and I could really recommend the most genuine band in Sweden, Bob Hund, aka Bobby Doggy.

They are a great live band, also. Plus they prefer Fender’s Jaguar and Jazzmaster guitars like me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d94b7iYGq_M[/youtube]

Even better live:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfQC9p8TYqc&feature=related[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

Jane’s are cool. And I finally got my A Cabinet Of Curiosities cd+dvd limited wooden box set that exists in 7,500 copies. Haven’t seen the Soul Kiss movie since I was 15 years old (or maybe young?), so that was neat.

Danni
      Spectator

And yeah, If i were homosexual, boy oh boy, Perry would have to watch out, ha ha. He’s like a firecracker.

amnesia
      Spectator

And yeah, If i were homosexual, boy oh boy, Perry would have to watch out, ha ha. He’s like a firecracker.[/quote:3deatr82]

Haha :lol:

That live track above is quiet awesome, i need to check out this band some more. 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Any new suggestions? :)

Looking for something completely new, I’m hopeless at choosing bands myself. :D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

http://www.myspace.com/absolutepowerband

Check out Juggernaut. It’s heavy but good, and from my hometown. :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

http://www.myspace.com/absolutepowerband

Check out Juggernaut. It’s heavy but good, and from my hometown. :)[/quote:2qblcqc0]

Will do, Sir. 8)

Viewing 299 reply threads

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.